Creepy Stuff

Does Holla Forums have stories of creepy stuff? Like, not something obvious such as some faggot pointing a gun at you, but stuff that made your hair stand up and sent your flight reflex into high alert for (seemingly) no good reason?

Back in my parents' home, there's one room in the basement that I always avoided like the plague - always had to pass by it when I wanted to play vidya on my dad's computer, but I'd always involuntarily quicken my pace near it for some reason.

The odd thing is that the 'room' itself wasn't even that creepy - it was little more than a sideway niche in the corridor, no larger than 6x3 feet across. Doesn't even have a door, and contained nothing more than the house's water pump and various junk - a box of old toys of my siblings and mine, garden chairs during the winter months, and so on. Still, the place always made (and to a lesser extent still makes) me feel uneasy.

After I moved out, I eventually learned that, somewhere buried under all the other junk, there was the artificial leg prosthesis my late grandfather had used after the Russians blew off his original leg during WW II. Why on earth they still kept the thing around when said grandfather has been dead since I was a baby I can not tell, but maybe the thing still has some kind of latent psychic energy or something. Or maybe the water pump in the room is just producing infrasounds that are messing with my brain.

GO BACK TO 4chan/x/ NIGGER

i found the tryhard

Tala

Sad times

Funfact: The /x/ scene originated on 4chan Holla Forums - aka the Anime/Random board.

What you're doing is, you are attacking a part of the culture of anonymous because you're a newfag and you don't understand the way things are.

what a joker.

You want the possessed old house one or my mom's experience at the retirement home?

Retirement home.

My aunt gave me her laptop to fix. I snooped in the pictures folder and saw nudes. The creation timestamp on the files was a few hours after I agreed to fix her computer.

It creeped me out because she put them there for me to see.

Old story from my /x/ days, nothing wild but i never see these threads here so fuck it

i'll tell you what I remember which isn't much considering I was only 15 then so its been about 6 years now. So don't expect a detailed story lol

Anyways, so naturally we became very interested in Chip Chan and her accusations about a man who was allegedly harrassing her along with her claims that there was a chip in her that could control her. When /x/ first found out about Chip everyone obviously flocked to it, there were many threads and most threads were filled quickly. Though with that being said no one was really looking deep into it the topic, the threads consisted of theories and random discussion. A few of us genuinely wanted to find out what was going on with Chip-Chan so a group of us moved to irc.

There was about 20 or so anons in the group so the first thing we did was establish what tasks everyone had, and since it was a good sized group we set times for Chip Chan to be watched basically 24/7. We rotated often it was pretty easy to keep an eye on her and anything weird that happened, though She never really did anything interesting or anything at all really. She would do the obvious like eat, clean etc but other than that she usually spend all day on her laptop or changing the signs she had propped up. A few anons decided to email her to try and get more info and although she did reply to a few of them, she was very distant. She often dodged questions with answers that didn't make sense, we were certain she was just trying to throw us off or something and sure enough after a few weeks of talking to her it seemed like she started to trust the anons that were talking to her. She would still talk nonsense but now she would slowly but surely sprinkle in facts about herself amongst all the random shit she would say.

Eventually we found out her last name and searched every fucking where and we only found one site but it was in Korean. We translated it through Google translate and the article was about some business owner that had died there was no mention of Chip Chan so we were stumped. I don't remember how but eventually we found out what apartment complex she lived in and even her room number as well. What struck me as odd was how nice the place was. We looked up the complex online and the apartments looked expensive which confused us because I don't see how she could be paying for it since none of us at the point had ever seen her leave for work or leave period. Unfortunately a single user decided to call the complex and got the operator to transfer the call to Chip Chans phone home phone. The operator transfered the call, (we watched this on the stream) chip chans phone rang and it resulted in her freaking the fuck out she started pacing and moving random shit around, eventually she covered all cameras. The cameras were covered for about about a day or so until she finally uncovered them, after that she stopped responding to all of our emails. There was a rumor going around that she was in the threads and possibly our iirc group, which kinda has us on edge because she would often tell us things we said in the group chat but it was never confirmed.

So at this point we still hadn't made much progress so we tried to focus on finding the identity of the man who was supposedly harassing her, we found out who he was (a detective) but we had no way of contacting him besides phone and none of us spoke Korean so we were fucked. Through some godly miracle a Korean user came in the threads and eventually joined our chat, and it just so happened that he lived in the same city as her (proved with timestamp and video as well) He confirmed the complex she lived in was pretty upper class for that part of town so he was certain we got the address wrong, he took photos of it from the outside for us. At one point we contemplated sending the Korean user to Chip Chans apartment, but we figured it wasn't a good idea considering how well it went last time/

So we had him phone the detective or whatever the fuck he was, but he refused to answer any questions about Chip Chan and told the Korean user to not call back or harass him about this topic unless he wants to get arrested. We were stuck for a good week or so until she started responding to emails again, it was the usual nonsense but throughout the conversation she mentioned an old couple that ran a shop or restaurant (I can't remember) that she was good friends with. We ran their names and found the place right next to Chip Chans complex so we knew it was them.

The Korean user said he'd been there before and would try to go get some info from the couple. He went but they told him very little, they stated that she was "very sick" and that they would bring her food and other things she needed. Apparently they were appointed to do so. We didn't know what else to do after this so we decided to retrace out steps. Now that we had the Korean user we figured it would make things easier so we went back to the website that we found. The Korean user translated it for us and Google translate (as usual) was completely wrong. The article did state that a business man had died, but that his wife died as well and that they left behind a "sick child"

The Korean user remembered hearing about this since he was in the same city and decided to ask around his neighborhood. He found an older guy who had the actual newpaper on the death. It stated the same thing as the website, but that Chip Chan was set to inherit her parents money (which was a lot) and that she refused to get help for her mental illness (no shit)

The guy who was "harassing" her was actually a good friend of the parents who swore to watch over her after her parents death.
We knew the whole thing was true because we had the Korean user go around town and ask different people and they all said it was true. Her inheritance explained how she could pay for that apartment by herself without working, as well as pay for food etc.

And that's it, kinda anticlimatic but there was nothing we could do after we confirmed that info was true. She was mentally ill and refused to get help.

Just weirds me out

there is reality, and then there is the remembered reality you experience

you will never experience reality accurately. some small details, perspectives, missing data.

you can observe this phenomenon by closing your eyes. even in your own experience, the world is still around you, at some level of detail, to some degree of error. Your remembered world is a subset of your observed world, which is still a subset of a reality you will never be able to test against

there will be times where your remembered reality clearly differs from observed reality - walls, people, rules of reality shift in terrifying ways

That is when you turn on the light - look behind you - brush your hand across your shoulder: hard observation, barely buying back the comfort of knowledge.

But what of reality?

If we opened our eyes, just for a moment, to the true world - what would we see?

Long as fuck, and two stories because scene setting. My mom worked as a nurse at a retirement home years ago. Not sure if any of you have seen any documentaries about nursing home abuse, but this was one of those. She'd come home from work crying about fist sized bedsores in grandma's thigh, fly eggs in fat folds, things like that. There were allegations about sex abuse, but it was hushed and coded in a way my young mind wouldn't fully understand until later. She did what she could, but couldn't afford to turn them in out of fear of being blacklisted. Scams and abuse are really common, and this was a big company.

Being poor, I'd sometimes have to sleep over at the old folks home. It was pretty okay other than the smell. Cruised around on wheelchairs all night and there was a really cool guy we called Baloo who worked there. We'd eat donuts and see who could get the highest blood sugar, he'd loan me vidya and taught me a lewd cheat code for some game I can't remember. Cool people were just stuck there with the abuse, but some people enjoyed it.

Was sleeping one night in the recreation room and heard a low growling sound. Woke up to see an old, extremely decrepit and hunchbacked old lady staring at me. I decided my best bet was to get out. Problem was, she was between me and the door. I tried to lure her away, but she just stood there following me with her eyes. I went to bolt around her and her mouth appeared to unhinge and she began screaming at me horribly and clawing at me like Mr. Burns on bath salts. It was then the door opened and some dude who worked there busted in laughing his ass off and carried her back to bed. He thought it would be funny (it was) because she watched her parents die in the gas chambers (inb4 holohoax, real to her) and the rec room was small. There were a lot of documented cases of neglect deaths that never led to investigation.

This is bizarro, but as drunk/high as I've gotten my mom, the story never changes and neither does her face when she tells it. Fast forward to one night my mom is doing rounds. She checks out the dining area, making sure all the tables & chairs are in order and no old folks are trying to get a midnight snack. Everything good, she heads back to the nurses desk which is about a 20 second walk away. She hears the call light go off, runs over to see the dining area light blinking. "Fucking Baloo" she said, he thought he was really funny. She burst into the dining room hoping to scare him to find 35 tables overturned, the chairs upside down, and the tablecloths arranged in what she says appeared to be a pentagram. She looked around for half a second and realized Baloo couldn't have possibly done it that fast. She bolts back to the Charge desk, sees Baloo sitting there, and the call light goes off again. It was the dining room. They straight run back to find everything back in place. After a year and a half of searching, she found a new job the next week. Baloo overdosed a year later.

there was

>>>/campfire/ but i think is dead by now

thats fucked :(

is she hot?
did you save them?

So did you fap right away or wait until you fixed the computer?

This shit creeps me the fuck out… gives me chills and nightmares…

You don't know fucking shit, and that post proved it. This isn't 4chan you stupid nigger.

This place has it's own distinctive culture that has been continually changing and evolving ever since we left the shithole formerly known as 4chan.

TOP FUCKING KEK

more proof that you're fucking new.

people sage shit threads because they're shit, its a downvote.

don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>>/4chan/

That's actually cool stuff. I still remember all the Brouhaha about Chip-Chan from years ago, and it was evident that she was fucked in the head. Nice to have some closure on her.

I was forced to work in a home for the elderly as part of my high school degree. It wasn't as bad as your story (or at least no from what I could gather), but there is a certain soul-crushing horror in watching dementia and alzheimers erase a person bit by bit.

:(