Why do so many people like this so much?

Why do so many people like this so much?

Because of the scape scene into the cesspool pipes.

Because magic negro and happy ending. I just like it for the scene where tim robbins gets beaten and raped.

I don't get it either. it's boring af. only good thing is the prison building, which is pretty cool-looking.

Why don't you start by saying why you don't like it, instead of doing such a low energy half assed OP?

…good writing, good acting, and a good ending?

We the audience see ourselves in the main character, identify with him, and therefore share his journey together, leading us, the audience and Andy, to a place of emotional building, peak, and release. Not unlike good sex, really.

Not that you'd know anything about that, OP. How's the boyfriend?

It's just a good film. Not mindblowing. Not world chaning. It's just good. Solidly put together. There's nothing I can really fault it on.

Pass

Did you forget that most people are normies, OP?

The Stand (book and TV mini series) was good.

It's a really comfy movie with phrases that you can cite on facebook. Tim Robbins is a very good actor, and the guy who is that old inmate with the crow is also very good. This movie shows all the bad and worse things about prison life, and it's still interesting, thought-provoking and sometimes even funny.

Call me reddit or something and tell me to go away…

Trips confirm

normies like mediocre movies

That picture looks like it's from the movie Radio from the catalog.

It's a feel good story that is overly sappy and corny. But because it's current year and OMG Morgan Freeman is the bestest, it's a good movie.

It wasn't a good movie until IMDB started, so i would guess there has been some heavy payments early on from the movie company to shill this movie as some kind of masterpiece, even though it's a standard movie which nearly falls into the category of being a Hallmark-movie.

What's weird is not that it's a mediocre or bad movie, but it's shit and someone still likes it.

The same reason people like Deliverance.

Because it's good.

It's one of the very few things that Stephen King was involved with that didn't turn out to be utter garbage.

Probably because rape culture. You know since they put it in Andy's bunghole real non-consensual like.

Andy may not have enjoyed getting bum bullied, but Tim Robbins certainly didn't mind.

This is the buzzword people use for anything that's bad and they can't explain why it's good

No. You just have autism.

It had rape and shit pipes