Help with "muh conservautism" #nevertrump people

I'm currently trying to convince a bunch of "true conservatives" that their #nevertrump stuff will only hurt them in the end, but it is incredibly difficult to get through to these type of people. If you all have any infographs or pastas, share 'em!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollman_Rink
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First reply never fails to amuse.

I'm in the same boat. Here are some super basic talking points that could be expanded upon.

Stick to the basics is my suggestion user.

#nevertrump is a Hillary and alphabet OP in order to create a false consensus.

Fuck them. We don't need them. A month before the election Hillary will loom large over the ballot box and they will vote for Trump though won't tell anyone about it because their allegiance to 'conservatism' is purely right-wing status signalling.

Thanks for the feedback. Some of the biggest, most frustrating things they keep spouting are:

I agree that most of them will end up bowing down, but I would like to have better ammo with this situation, since a lot of my associates are former Cruz-bots.

(Satan)
Ask what they are conserving.
As opposed to whom? Is Trump really the only one without integrity?
So was Reagan at one point. Trump also ran as a Reform Party candidate in 2000 and was at the RNC is 1988 while being interviewed by Larry King. Even older people can still find their voice and politics is no different.

I don't understand this "true conservatism" meme. What do your associates mean by that?

Ask them if they really want to hand out the nuclear codes to a person who doesn't even know what «classified info» means.

It means neocohen.

Neoconservative, or open borders, unlimited wars to spread "democracy" or "human rights", welfare state, MLK and FDR worship, Israeli Firsters, free trde deals that fuck over America, and "traditional values" to rope in the dumbass Evangelicals.

Show them the article Milo made on the alt-right. Introduce them to some of the conservative alignments that fall under there, specifically Natural Conservative. I'm assuming your #NeverTrump peeps are part of the older conservative crowd, so Natural Conservatism may appeal to them more than they realize. The modern application of "conservative" in mainstream media just means "republican", which isn't very conservative at this point sadly.

Heard this story from Molyneux. Basically Trump took over the building of an ice ring in New York City after the city spent over 10 years and $6+ million tax payer dollars on it. He built it with his own money. Conservatives love those kind of stories.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollman_Rink

And Ted Cruz was trustworthy.

These.

But honestly anyone that's still #NeverTrump after so many major cuckservative figures like Paul Ryan have belatedly come around is probably never going to be convinced

Now there's a guy coming with the "Trump flip-flops" meme. Are there any positions Trump has actually flip-flopped on? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

If he has it's not like Trump is the first person in politics to have done so

This.

You're dealing with the thoroughly brainwashed here. They're probably just salt of the earth Americans, proud of mom, guns, and apple pie.

Point out what the Republican party has done for the last decade+ versus what they've said.

They are so confused, they don't even know why they're saying what they're saying.

He/s a deal maker. You don't paint yourself in a corner before you make a deal, or your opponent will wipe the floor with you.

Thanks for the help, anons. It ended like I suspected: most of them got quiet, while the one remaining pretty much said that he just doesn't like Trump, even though he agrees with his positions. It's pure lunacy that these people have managed to train their brains to disregard logic despite all evidence pointing to their position being illogical and fueled by petty emotion.

Link them to the Breitbart article about Hillary's plan to dissolve the U.S. border within 100 days if she is President.

Call them out on spouting shit just to look good. They're only saying that they don't like either and won't vote so they can give off an appearance of superiority. Tell them this is the same bullshit place that liberals function from, and that you are not impressed. Use peer pressure user.

That's a big credit card.

For him

kek

you got it right!!! I was going to sperg out if no one finished the joke*

Also. Our IDs are nearly identical. It's like we're giant faggots together or something.

;)

I have tried, but they either ignore it or use their go-to line: "I'm not going to choose the lesser of two evils!"

To help paint the picture, these people are the type to demand that politicians wear their Christianity on their sleeves, which is why they fawned over Cruz.

If that's the case, you've got two options: Either make Trump more likeable or Hillary more evil. I think the second option is easier in this case. Because they're Christians, I'd try to make them understand the horrors of Syrian immigrants coming here. Show them what ISIS does to Christians. Show them With Open Gates. Make them understand that this is coming to America if Hillary is elected, and remind them that the price of their signaling will be paid mostly by their children. I've found that even pozzed Christians are pretty wary of Islam.

On the subject of Ben full shekels Shapiro, my slightly cuckservative father has been watching the Kelly File and Megyn Kelly has had him on several times. He told me she's been really nice to him and that he thinks something is going on between them.

I have no more details, but if that's true then we could potentially fuck with both of them at the same time.

I'll never vote for Trump! #Hillary2016

Here, a perfect argument and chain of reasoning line for line:

Optional:

This point aggravates the hell out of me. Tell them to read The Art of the Deal and to pay specific attention to the parts where he criticizes Ed Koch and the New York City government. I'd include a few quotes, but I'm on mobile and don't have my copy of the book in front of me. Maybe another user would be willing to help.

Anyway, yes, he was a registered Democrat, but he was still fiscally and somewhat socially conservative. I think he just saw himself as too moderate for the Republican party at the time - either that or he didn't identify with the neoconservative trend - and then the Democrats shifted a little too far left of his comfort zone.

The other two points you mentioned rely on meaningless buzzwords. Ask them what a true conservative is, or what conservatism stands for. Ask them what they mean by "integrity" and why Trump doesn't have it. Then just tell them why they're wrong. Best case scenario: they end up voting Trump. Worst case scenario: they dig their heels in, but now they hate you for making them feel stupid.

A lot of the issues he's supposedly flip-flopped on, he never actually flip-flopped on.

I remember reading an article in, I think it was Slate, a while ago, where the author accused Trump of flip-flopping on his stance on the national debt. He pointed out that Trump said he would pay off a certain amount of the debt in a certain amount of time in one interview a few months before this article had been written; and then he pointed out a more recent interview in, I'm pretty sure it was the WSJ, where Trump gave a more conservative figure for the amount he'd knock off the national debt.

To me, this isn't flip-flopping. Committing to cutting the debt is essentially a commitment to curtailing government spending. When it comes to cutting spending, people don't rally behind a number, they rally behind decreased spending. In my view, as long as Trump cuts the debt, he's staying true to his word.

Another example I noticed more recently, was a few MSM outlets claiming Trump had softened his position on banning Muslims from the country. They said he changed his view, and now only wanted a temporary ban. Except he always wanted a temporary ban. There's footage of him saying that, we need to keep Muslims from entering the country until we can figure out what's going on, that's existed for many months before this instance of "flip-flopping" was being pushed by the media.

Anyone who thinks Trump is a flip-flopper ought to turn off (((the Daily Show))) and read a book or something.

can you post a clean image of Shapiro as a kid in a man's suit? I'm getting ab cramps laughing at that but the rest of the image is irritating

You make some excellent points user.

The nevertrump movement is dead. But to defeat it, all you have to do is remember that modern conservatism is neocons. Neocons are democrats who wanted to keep waging wars after Vietnam so they split off and called themselves republicans.