Classical Music Thread

It's been a while since we had a classical music thread.

ITT: we post our favorite performances of classical music and consider what European culture used to be and what it might be again if we win.

No ching chongs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5XP5RP6OEJI
youtube.com/watch?v=GDtWXuXOa74
youtube.com/watch?v=baF7t0WOowo
youtube.com/watch?v=xTgn9Hc2s1I
youtube.com/watch?v=WULDLz-WUxM&list=PL19C3EC3FD104DDA2
youtu.be/Dg09pOTezJg?t=3187
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I read somewhere that Isle of the Dead was one of Hitler's favorites. Parts of it also inspired the Lord of the Rings theme from the movie.

I guess I'll get the thread started.

Here is a Étude (Study) by Fernando Sor that sounds like moonlight.

nice quads
youtube.com/watch?v=5XP5RP6OEJI
this is one of my all time favorites, the accompanist had the forearms of thor

Been a classical pianist since I was 3 (19 now) currently working on this piece youtube.com/watch?v=GDtWXuXOa74 it's a fucking bitch though

I forgot to add:
Nice quads.
Quads confirm classical music is supreme.

Here is maybe my favourite piece of classical music. Probably pleb-tier as far as classical goes, I don;t know, I'm no aficionado, I'm hoping to get more into it all.

so much shit taste in one thread

fucking violin niggers

This one is a classic for pol.

youtube.com/watch?v=baF7t0WOowo

Legend of Galactic Heroes anthem, I love it.

another violin nigger

Dances with Wolves soundtrack. John Dunbar theme.

Final Fantasy 7 main theme.

Wasserklavier by Berio
youtube.com/watch?v=xTgn9Hc2s1I

a good song to holocaust jews to

Miyazaki movie (Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle etc) soundtrack's performed in concert. Composed by Joe Hisaishi

The Requiem Mass in D minor (K. 626) by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was composed in Vienna in 1791 and left unfinished at the composer's death on December 5. A completion dated 1792 by Franz Xaver Süssmayr was delivered to Count Franz von Walsegg, who had anonymously commissioned the piece for a Requiem Mass to commemorate the February 14 anniversary of his wife's death.

The autograph manuscript (acquired by the Austrian National Library in 1831–38) shows the finished and orchestrated Introit in Mozart's hand, as well as detailed drafts of the Kyrie and the sequence Dies Irae as far as the first eight bars of the "Lacrymosa" movement, and the Offertory. It cannot be shown to what extent Süssmayr may have depended on now lost "scraps of paper" for the remainder; he later claimed the Sanctus and Agnus Dei as his own. Walsegg probably intended to pass the Requiem off as his own composition, as he is known to have done with other works. This plan was frustrated by a public benefit performance for Mozart's widow Constanze. Constanze was responsible for a number of stories surrounding the composition of the work, including the claims that Mozart received the commission from a mysterious messenger who did not reveal the commissioner's identity, and that Mozart came to believe that he was writing the requiem for his own funeral.

There is good stuff being made these days, just have to know where to look.

Does Holla Forums into chromatic languages?

That was terrible, feel bad for posting that.

That was anot excellent production of Fidelio. Here is James King singing Florestan's aria from theach same production.

Read the book, it's quite good for what it is evoking.

Yeah I didn't enjoy it at all either. It seems to me like most modern classical music I hear is too highbrow for it's own good. Like they will all jerk each other off over works like this because they are 'interesting', challenging or full of technical complexities. But really, they don't don't have any heart or incite any emotion except maybe a mild sense of anxiety.

no, don't respond to me ever again

Oh man, been long time since I've seen one of these threads.

you took the words right out of my brain

aryan waifu plays a 19th century Italian's interpretation of an 18th century german.

d minor is fucking god-tier

It feels bad knowing you will never feel her warm embrace.

In my opinion most 'classical' music written after 1900 is crap. A sign of the beginning of cultural decay in the West. You might notice that classical art began it's decline during this time too.

Here is a brilliant bit by Grieg. If you listen to the rest of his Peer Gynt suite (not very long) you will probably recognize a few more of the melodies because they are used all the time.

Could this "cultural decay" be the result of coincidences?

Of course not. Yes

The highest point (so far) of civilization was arguably 1800-1900. Europe and the US grew very wealthy and have become decadent, and for the past century we have been in the declining part of the cycle of empires, pushed along by certain (((people))), and now are near a crisis point, for better or worse.

Here's probably my favorite classical piece, Dvorak's 9th. (especially the 4th movement)

It´s painful to see one of the best Chopin pianists go to Japan because his work is not appreciated in Europe.

Nah, the highest point was around 500 to 1000 AD when white people were full on super saiyan, kill you in the face, have duels to settle stuff, sail across seas, conquer empires, turn you into a peasant cause fuck you and shit.

L I S Z T

Not surprised. Chopin played flowery pussy stuff.

I love this piece.

posting Chopin

Amen. Beethoven's music is like Michelangelo's David, it just screams white people are awesome, we will holocaust you.

and finally DEBUSSY

beatiful…

It gives the whole thing a very somber, melancholy tone. Agreed, God-tier.

He also wrote some really pompous orchestral pieces that he will never be remembered for, like most of the stuff that was composed after Beethoven.

As if you were being molested by God.

Paganini - Caprice 24 performed by Hillary Hahn

Truly incredible stuff, amazing talent.

Man you can't beat Bach for those harmonies can you.

Why do I find these QT3p14s who can into classical music extra attractive?

Good genetics and family makes these women driven enough to master a instrument.

check em' you faggots

what about it?

It's a Freemason thing

I'm a freemason.

Bach is divine. He is the master of counterpoint.

Here is a motet by Bach that sounds like a lullaby.

The vocalist who sings this aria from the "Marriage of Figaro" (Le Nozze di Figaro) sounds like she had lost at item of great importance.

Furtwangler and Beethoven at their finest:

Bump. Is Baroque allowed in a classical thread?

Post sum funky shiet.

Meditation from Thais

Janine jansen

Berliner philharmonic

Jules massenet

Stradivarius

1900 was the beginning at time when all individuals were implanted with mercury depots in their teeth. Also, Freud invented the neurosis, strangely similar to a chronical mercury poisoning. Also, Alois Alzheimer discovered his disease. Also, painters using the new fancy colors made decomposing images and lost their minds.

Byrd and Gibbons by Glenn Gould

youtube.com/watch?v=WULDLz-WUxM&list=PL19C3EC3FD104DDA2

The original

High energy keyboard work.

Behold one of the greatest pianist Europe birthed.

Zandonai: Francesca da Rimini

youtu.be/Dg09pOTezJg?t=3187

The organ version was present in the godfather soundtrack

you can conquer anything with this music

Fugitive in the forest.

They are on his trail.

On the run again

E V E R L A S T I N G
G R I M N E S S

Fucking beaner mods always autosaging this essential Holla Forums thread.

I don't know about that, but both Hitler and Stalin considered that Boecklin painting their favorites

Mods == fags.

IDK lad that thumbnail looks pretty cucky to me.

bump

another bump