/k/ + Holla Forums general thread

Military Holla Forums is best Holla Forums

Is gun related vidya allowed to be talked about here?

I like this meme.

What does /k/tech/ think of TrackingPoint rifles? The future, or just midlife crisis bait?

Reported for announcing a report.

Announcing report isn't against the rules.

Why not just use a heavier weapon that is stabilized? If you are in the prone position as a sniper you have all the time in the world. Use a sandbag, stabilize your weapon so that minute adjustments take a lot of work. At this point the wind conditions will matter more than your point of aim... I guess I could go on a rant but there is a lot of variables. If you are engaging close targets under 300 meters use a machinegun, if you are further then pummel the shit out of it with mortars or the main guns of IFVs or tanks.

It does make you a hipster faggot tho

How?

By being a no-fun faggot. Mods this and mods that... why not go post in the comment section of some indie startup? This is a chan, we can talk about technology and have some fun too. All the (((rules laywers))) on this board drive off the new users. If you bring Win10 we will savage the shit out of you though.

bump

Who here has at least 1 gun?

noguns = nofuns

I don't have a gun. yet. I will definitely get one eventually.

I have a SKS, a Remington 870, three Mausers, a 10/22, a few others... I haven't shot them in a while.

Reported this and your other spam threads.

I just got my first gun about a week ago. Just a little Smith & Wesson 9mm pistol for concealed carry, plan to get more once I stop being a NEET. Haven't gotten to shoot it yet though.

Hol up you weren't supposed to make a thread that can actually be on topic you're breaking the meme.

But as long as we're here, let's discuss those navy lasers. It's just like my scifi cartoons.

Because making the weapon heavier reduces accessibility, and TrackPoint is about accessibility.
Regarding your sniper-specific points, I think the technology was only initially demoed on a sniper to do PR about how anybody can be a sniper now, because it's tightly associated with accuracy. The technology can and likely will be combined with many other weapons in the future.
TrackingPoint is just a huge boost to the equalizing factor that firearms provide to humans in general.

This is the worst thread ever, no substance and yes shitposting.

Fuck off back to wizardchan or whatever shithole you came from and take your duplicate threads with you.

I resent your claim that this thread lacks substance, because I've made substantial posts in it myself along with a good number of other users, and the only people shitting it up are sagebombers like you.

Real lasers are scarier than scifi lasers.
What's keeping us from miniaturizing the technology? Power, still?
I want handheld lasers and I don't want no damned magnetically-controlled plasma bolts

Sorry fam I can't hear you over the sound of this railgun.

tbh out of all the shitpost threads today, I think /tek/ threads should be a more common thing. There's some neat-ass weapons technology on the horizon.

Hide Makise posts
Report /subreddit/+Holla Forums threads
Do not reply to the namefag

Why do you need handheld lasers when the lasers we have are operated with gaming controllers?

I can't bring a battleship to a riot, user. I need portable.
Although I can't wait for the first case of a dindu breaking and entering on a home model defense laser early adopter's property somewhere with castle doc

Lasers are inefficient in that they can be reflected, or dispersed by smog or fog, clouds, etc.

Yeah, in the scope of technology.

MOTHER
FUCKING
AMERICA

Silly user, battleships are discontinued. All you need is one of those new, smaller Littoral Combat Ships :^)

Let me show you how to deal with shills

Why don't you carry a nuke around everywhere. Then the next time your cut off while driving you can blow up
FUCKING
EVERYTHING

Shut the fuck up you fucking nigger faggot my LASERS are real.

My body was not ready for this.

How could you user?

Do they come with sharks?

Pic related is the latest upcoming destroyer class, the Zumwalt-class stealth destroyer.

How come the Navy is the only branch investing in badass future-tech?

I don't think about it too much, I just do.

If they do and they use the linux kernel they'd better share source code :^)

No I'm serious is anyone else even fucking trying? Space tanks when, armyfags?

Wait for Trump.
not really lol, yall gonna die of starvation if trump wins

whatever happened to that 1st part of the weeb'em about the KC autists anyways

I don't remember. Remember this?

Here's a cool piece of technology

right, right, military technology...

nice laser

it seems like the phalanx system is superior in any event

magic

Let's play a game Holla Forums

Anybody recognize this one? If you can name it I'll give a reward.

obvious assault weapon is AR-15

The AR is an old design, but a good one. Honestly, I might just like it because that's what I first shot and carried, but I can't seem to find another rifle to do me right. The SIG MCX looks kind of familiar and it has a folding stock. It's way overpriced. Looking at the FB MSBS. That looks like an ambitious project. They need to make it less fat, though.

Lutty SMG?

incorrect

The AR-15/M-16 uses an underpowered shitty cartridge that has insufficient taper and causes horrific jams. When a case gets stuck its not uncommon to be really, really stuck. In this instance the weapon is down until it can get unit-level maintenance. The weapon expels unburnt powder directly into the action, quickly fowling and gumming up the working parts. The HK version uses a gas piston, and this alone made the weapon orders of magnitude more reliable. But the problem remains the round. The 5.56 is a wussy little shit. You need a .308 caliber bullet, and in fact the .308 was a step down from the powder load in the 30-06. The .308 should have been as small as a we went, but then weak ass children of the Vietnam era needed a lighter weapon! Well cry me a river! I carried a M240 on many a hike and it was light as a feather while I've seen grown men ask others to carry their M16 because it was too heavy and their feet hurt! We need to say fuck you to the 120 lb backbacks and carry 25 lb weapons with 50 lbs ammo and 15 lbs of food and water, and maybe a few lbs for medical kits... but in any event the most important thing to carry is a weapon, and its ammo, because that is your primary function. So, the ballistics of the 5.56 are shit... I can go into more detail if needed but what I'm saying shouldn't be controversial.

you could've just said that it wasn't an AR15 and spared yourself the autism man

close but no

I'm just discussing the technology, excuse me if you already knew all of this

What was it? It still looks like some kind of Luty to me.

Its a derivative of the Luty, probably uses the same internals... was seized from an Australian motorcycle gang. I think you win, I was thinking it looked a bit like the Metral submachinegun, its a bit of a homemade franken-gun.

Here is the reward then. This is a better design than the Luty.

Bullshit.
The reason we went to lighter calibers for assault weapons wasn't to spare the infantrymen, it was because of logistics.

What's the point of hauling a ton of 7.62 when you can haul a ton of 5.56 and supply way more units who'll do a comparable amount of damage to the few you'd get with the larger round?

Now granted, the 5.56 is a shitty round that does jam a lot, but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't matter because by improving your logistic efficiency you also improve your firepower; the few jams the common soldiery will have to deal with are acceptable losses compared to the effective losses of not converting to a lighter round.