How did it come to this?

>Japanese heroes are patriotic american supermen who fight against impossible odds for justice, freedom, and the children.

Other urls found in this thread:

behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14631.html
funimation.com/blog/2016/04/27/my-hero-academia-cast-announcement/
youtube.com/watch?v=cLkGS1xVZ5Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But user, we've been over this. MHA isn't about superheroes.

American heroes used to be just like Japanese ones until some Marxist cunts got a hold of them so they could use them for propaganda.

Yes, because third-party and creator-owned comics don't exist.

Nice argument, pal.

Why don't you cite some examples instead of making baseless claims?

You should be able to find some easily since you obviously read comics.

You just used this bait.
And why do you have so many fedora'd men saved on your computer anyways? Into the "elegant gentleman" type?

Hey, want to see me trigger someone? Then watch this:

I don't think anyone is arguing that.
In fact it's because of that that the ideals of JUSTICE are still around.
If it wasnt for supeman we probably wouldn't have one punch man, or MHA.
If it wasn't for Spider-Man we definitely wouldn't have Toku shows.

Kamen Rider.
Everything modern marvel is doing.

Goku gets himself killed constantly
Whor, Asian Hulk, Black Spider-Man, Captain Falcon, Ms Muslim, and so on. Nearly all originally created by people who were forced out of the industry and have barely seen a cent of their works.

Eiichiro Oda. Espouses the value of fun and adventure in comics.
Everything modern marvel is doing.

Volume 80 of One Piece sold 2,884,594 copies
The top selling comic of May 2016 was DC Universe Rebirth, a #1 issue and overhyped reboot crossover event which sold 235,791 copies.

as pretentious as /a/ might be, there is no disputing that American comics have a MUCH larger influence globally and are much more popular than manga.

That's not me you faggot. I posted a fedora in that thread because it was appropriate to who is was aimed at. This guy just randomly used it as a reply to how Superhero comics have gone SJW.

The thread was at least somewhat facetious from the start, you shouldn't have expected anything more than a flippant response for a "le downvote" post that implies I should feel guilty for not being privy to every thread made on this board about a particular subject over the past five months

I remember in "Civil War" that "you move" quote was attributed not to Cap but his deceased female confidant. Something tells me that wasn't canon, was it?

Are you serious?

The Creator of The Hulk, Thor, and Captain America is dead, not that you'd even know his name.

The creator of Carol Danvers is also dead.

Why are you so comfortable condemning "everything modern marvel is doing" when your only experience with comics is a few out-of context panels you've seen on an imageboard?

It's not even that. They're flat-out better.

There is no manga that even holds a candle to say, Legends of the Dark Knight. And even that isn't the pinnacle of western comics.

Oh wait, he was talking about that manga, not Marvel. Anyway, point still stands. made a better point.

Well, you'd need to be comparing superhero comics with whatever the manga equivalent of that is, so I would guess it would be shounen, or your typical Naruto "I need to get stronger!" trash, and if you're comparing those two, then I definitely agree that overall comics are better.

And this is from someone who used to be a closet weeb.

Yes, Jack Kirby is dead, and he died without a fraction of the money he was owed by Marvel.

Jack Kirby getting jewed by Marvel is one of the worst acts of kikery I have ever read about. Poor guy.

its almost like telling a good story is it's own reward or something.

Amazing.

But that's obvious. What I'm saying is that all of comics are better than all of manga.

I'd say he got jewed more by Stan than anyone.

But Stan has to live the rest of his life making cameos in movies for redditfags to talk and XD about. Who's the real loser at the end of the day?

Kirby, obviously.

Stan will go down in history as THE CREATOR OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE.

A bold statement but I can agree. I dropped manga since no matter how different it tries to be, they always follow the same conventions and a lot of the same tropes as well.

Oy vey, why do bad things happen to good goys? Kirby was apart of the (((chosen people))), how could this have happened to him? Was he just not enough of a slimy, manipulative, conniving asshole?

Listen man, I can understand if you don't like Nips, but that's such a broad statement that it reeks of biased retardation coming from someone who clearly hasn't read very much manga, outside of say.. Naruto.

There's a ton of shit western comics, there's a ton of shit manga. There's also a lot of exemplary examples for both.

Alright user, why don't you tell me what the pinnacle of manga is? Do it and I'll give you five western comics that make it look like utter garbage.

Narootoe XD

Haha, what a witty response! Upboated!

But really, unless you want to look like a retard, answer the question.

Why can't you retards stay in your containment board?

If I was retarded enough to read or watch what the irradiated island monkeys shit out I'd be in /a/.

you really think people want to still play your moving goalpost game? Everyone knows how that works. We name a manga, you say its shit, we name another, you say its shit, nothing named will ever meet your criteria.

there's literally no point in giving you anything more than a shitpost because you're not posting in good faith.

What did he mean by this?

It's much easier for you to come out on top. For each manga you name, I said I'd give you FIVE comics that are better. The burden of proof is on my end.

Go back to reddit m8.

This guy knows what's up.

>>>/reddit/

Weird we keep seeing posts like this lately
This may be difficult to understand, but Holla Forums is a big community of boards fam. If you want us to leave sure, lets let Holla Forums sink in board rank because people apparently can't have discussions of shit you don't like personally even if its on topic

Who the hell cares how high up we are? We DON'T WANT YOU HERE.

If anything, all the people who keep making threads about "how far comics have fallen" are actively driving people away when they shit up the catalog.

that's most of the catalog user. Sorry to break it to you but the topics that get much attention here is "look at this tumblr shit gross omg SJWs made another white guy a nigger today"

How much mental gymnastics does it take fam? You just openly admitted you'd rather Holla Forums be filled with Reddittors and SJWs. Why the fuck are you here? Tumblr seems a lot more your speed bro

I really do not understand your point here.

This is a board for comics and cartoons, we obviously don't want people here who just post about how comics and cartoons are shitty.

Hello reddit.

"Leave Boards I dissaprove of!"
"You're driving away people I personally approve of!"
Wewlad

I'd rather Holla Forums not be a booring circlejerk thanks

This.

I just don't understand why people like you can't let a good story just be a good story and have to dismiss it because of its country of origin.

whether you like it or not, hero academia is a super hero story. The only problem here is that you think stories about heroes can only be told one way or by one perspective. which is ironic because the way you like superhero stories to be told is being used in a way you hate, which is why you are here at 8/co/ in the first place instead of back at 4/co/ fellating the SJW writers at marvel for making that mean old white captain america into a nazi which makes the black captain america soooo much better now.

Sure, I'll explain my point. I'm not just saying that the catalog is clogged with shit threads, but that the ONLY types of threads that ever get any traffic are ones that are just talking shit about comics and cartoons. The ones that are just general discussions about a certain cartoon might get a dozen replies and then it just sinks. I haven't seen any writing threads in a long time, and the drawing thread is moving at slower than a snail's pace. The board doesn't promote creativity anymore, just the same circlejerking about how SJWs ruined comics

I really don't see how you equate wanting people who don't read comics to stop making shitty threads is being a SJW.

Oh, I never said that. There's plenty of stuff to criticize. But NO ONE CARES what latest atrocity Marvel recently committed, and keeping threads bumped with /a/ circlejerks and Holla Forums-Holla Forums shitflinging contests.

I'm 90% just trying to piss off weaboos there.

It doesn't change the fact that it's a manga/anime and belongs on /a/, not here.

I could argue with you about whether or not it's a superhero story, but in the interests of time I'll reiterate the same argument someone else made on here and say that it's just a "shonen" story with a superhero coat of paint on it.

Again another user starts trying derailing the thread because of autism. STOP.

Holla Forums is comics, but of course politics and vidya will be discussed too. Specially when said comics and cartoons are political and related to other boards themes.

But the problem is most of the mainstream comics are complete shit. Its not in an elitist way, its ABSOLUTE SHIT.

I think our biggest problem is that the mods will not get off their fucking asses and delete shit threads.

We have threads like this one that barely have anything to do with comics or cartoons, they're just the latest battleground for whatever argument is taking place this week.

We have waifufags who keep their threads bumped for MONTHS.

Quality threads are buried under all the shit.

you should send an email to claims and see if the board owner has been unactive enough to claim the board.

your dubs prove that mods are lazy assholes who don't ban anyone and are a large part for why this board has been in the gutter for a while

Manga to me isn't the greatest form of visual novels, but I can say one thing just as an opinion most people who dwell in the middle of this argument think.

Mangoes are well made VNs with alot to offer including fantastic visual stunts, action (fantasy most of the time) and engaging worlds to most people.
The faults I usually see most comic book fans have with mangoes is the constant barrage of information, mangoes have you pace around a library of data within one page (not all the time, but dont be a little bitch and get some page with one picture for some dumbass straw man agrument)

Now dont get me wrongs mangoes have annoying QUIRKS, random moments of "humours", deus ex machina levels of trigger events and the god damn constant use of exaggerated emotion makes me sick.. but I love em, FOR what I'm looking for in the book…

Listen Einstein who gives a shit that you dislike mangoes and/or comic for one you're on an anonymous image board, while some oily pink head hairy gender confused fucking tumblerina is out there turning every person with less than 2 chromosomes into a copy paste spiderman, changing genders to make things "equal" and turning people black for "diversity". All while the river of Styx flows from their deserted dry salami cut pussies. You all grow to love this media and you'll be here to watch it die, or maybe im wrong.

And you know, have any off you thought of the comics with NEW superheroes what happened to those fuckers. Why can't a new hero rise your sick of looking at the same ones over and over again. So why not demand NEW and BETTER Heroes. Are any of you writers or artist or even brave and determined enough to try. Fuck it man tumblr and randos wont fix comics, tell more good artist to Git Gud push them to do something about this.

At least the god damn Boku no Academia thing does these troupe that people loved in comic, Heroes RISE and FALL. VILLAINS ACTUALLY WIN SOMETIMES, god dammit the main character can't even control his powers…
last character I remember like that in comic was what was it "The Phoenix Girl" Jeanne or something…
Fuck man who cares what country it's coming from, capeshit need a god damn change.
This comment won't do shit but make you laugh or ignore what I say, but logical this made sense didnt it?

Listen bitch all you want
Call this bait and laugh fuck it…

I used to love comic books as a kid, way before manga. I loved the art and I read every line and memorized almost everything about the books. I STOPPED…

Mangas aren't better because of stories or imagery or even fucking sales… I just loved the heart put into anons.

In comic book western style, the hearts getting weak. I'm just waiting for it to die or be revived.
At this time I'm working to make a comic books just to give off this dead feeling I use to have as a kid, hopefully to a new generation.
Just so the light doesn't die…

Jesus christ man, I didn't say anything about video games. Of course politics can be discussed here, but only when it's relevant. If this were contained to a simple "SJW Atrocities General" that was cyclical and bumplocked, this entire crisis could be averted.

But HOLY FUCK

A couple weeks ago there were people unironically saying that DISCUSSION OF ANIME AND MANGA SHOULD BE ALLOWED HERE.

That's just insane, I can't see anyone defend that

Mods do delete shit, like blatantly offtopic shit. Holla Forums is actually one of the better boards here moderation wise, you want an example of a board that's dead because the BO doesn't give a fuck? Go to Holla Forums, the BO basically said he doesn't give a fuck on numerous occasions and now the board is completely dead

CodeMonkey isn't going to give you a board because you're triggered you faggot

Yeah, you're a fucking liar, and here's why.

This is a new practice. How many characters have actually been turned black, five? I can only think of two: Nick Fury and Kid Flash, and Fury was only kind of blackwashed.

Literally the examples I just listed.

Read arguably any comic with a teenage hero. They either can't control them or have to learn to use them.

I think they need to do more than just delete shit that's off-topic, but they're afraid to because of what happened on cuckchan.

I honestly don't know why you are sperging out. The topic was that Manga today get the point of being a super hero more than comics do today. Granted its cherry picking, but and MHA is still way better than anything Marvel, and DC are shoving out.

I do agree on average that comics are better written than most manga due to actual writers doing what they want instead of pandering to niche audiences or writing for kids, but thats not what the thread was about so I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

I would say though that OPM is about as the best you can get out of a elseworlds superman story.

But MHA misses the point hard because in that world, heroes are not special. That's like 75% of the point.

Their costumes are also still shit.

I'm not sure but to my knowledge OPM has the same problem: When everyone's super, no one will be.

OPM has lots of normal people. It just has a large roster of street level heroes.

the charm in OPM is in how an average guy like Saitama has to climb the ranks and deal with these lower ranking heroes because no one can really recognize his power. the readers know Saitama should be the top of S rank but because he's C rank or B rank now and has to work to climb it makes the story overall more charming when he has to deal with superhero politics.

as someone who reads MHA, it's still fully of shonenshit and has that highschool-style setting that plagues manga and anime. Plus, you can't call them "superheroes" when they aren't treated as anything special and they're in such abundance as to have an academy to train new ones that want to learn about being superheroes.

Oh boy your a special kinda guy arent ya, look the worlds have flaws to be honest in MHA yes the world populated with people of quirkiness.
But be honest lately can you name a modern comic, when I mean modern I mean sjw modern that shows an ordinary person of the powerless minority just trying to be a fucking hero just because its the right thing … dammit man MHA mc powerless tries to fight way before the power and others in the show with out powers fight! MHA just debunks the "when everyones super" quote cause every is but there will always be a line to divide what makes you strong.

You're describing how it's not a superhero comic but is instead a generic Shonen comic with a superhero theme.

I concur. the point of these manga is that it isn't what powers you that makes you special it's how you rise to the occasion when no one else can

MHA and OPM are parodies so I can see why them even being mentioned causes butthurt.

That's a fair point, though in MHA's defense most of the people have very unspectacular powers that make them just shy of being normies like "extendo fingers" or being able to levitate small objects from less than three feet away.

Shonenshit or not it's still the most fun I've had watching an anime in a long time.

I feel like you're trying to say too many things at once and it's really muddled this entire post. Should you be sleeping right now, user?

Both OPM, and MHA have people with no powers. In OPM its rare, and you have a clear power gap within the super hero community between incredibly powerful cosimc level superheros, and guy on a bike patrolling his small town.

In MHA powers are more widespread too, but plenty of normal people without powers are still around too, and there is still that power gap of actually useful powers to just being a guy with a water-hose for an arm.

I can agree with the costumes being shit though.

Maybe I am giving it more a free pass than it deserves because I only watched the anime, and I'm kinda starved for anything good right now.

I disagree with your reasoning on why they aren't superheroes. Thats like saying the X-men aren't superheroes because they have a school training them to replace the other ones.

no, thats just how you're applying your own bias to my statement.

I could say "I like ice cream" and you'd somehow pull out "western ice cream is better than japanese ice cream"

Not really, it's just more of this retarded "hero ranking" shit that takes away from the superheroics.

I want to see a SUPERHERO SAVE THE DAY, not a mutant raise his mutant ranking so he can be more popular.

My issue with it is not that it's Japanese. My problem is that it, and the people who watch it, have a fundamental understanding of superheroes.

The X-men don't particularly show themselves off as superheroes, at least to me. I never saw them as heroes, rather just people of extraordinary circumstances since they're mutants. Superhero to me feels more like the whole spandex and cape gimmick rather than just the powers alongside it.

I'm not questioning it on the basis on whether it's fun or not. I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of tropes that are used in the story, and it does follow a lot of the typical shonen story structure.

I'd agree with this statement, they even dropped the costumes for a while and replaced them with matching uniforms.

so, you agree with op then? cause having a fundamental understanding of superheros is kind of the op's point.

Ha, holy shit, that was a typo. I meant to say MISUNDERSTANDING.

Working on half my capacity user.
Text isn't really enough to get the notion across.
I like western and eastern comics… I just hate to see em put the east down because their trying something the west is slacking in.

Like I said man at one point the heart that went into western comic and cartoons started to dwindle so I went elsewhere, waiting for a rise again.

And if nothing rises then I told myself with what I can do that I would at least try to help western comics in my own way.

Actually lets hear that understanding of hero from you user im curious

well you're wrong in that case then because OPM and MHA do have a fundamental understanding of heroes and superheroes.

It's you who thinks there's only one way to be a superhero and that way is the western one.

I've always thought being a hero was sacrificing yourself for the sake of others. All-might is literally killing himself to be a symbol of peace for the world, and be a deterrent against crime, and his relationship with the protagonist is the best part about MHA, and is really the only reason I kept watching it now that I think about it.

OPM is really a parody of what you are talking about. Saitama just breaks the dumb, meaningless ranking system right open, and is just a hero for fun rather than "generic tragic backstory"

That would take a long time to explain, so to start I'll ask you:

Why are the characters in OPM and MHA heroes?

here's a good one>>620181

Not quite. Being a hero is about using the strengths you're given, no matter how great or how small, to make a positive difference in the world.

Nice you name 1 of the infinite rules of just being a character whether a villain or hero…

user, go to bed.

Nice dodge. I'm still going to ask you to not answer a question with a question and answer the fucking question, but I'll also add:

In OPM they become heroes to keep the monsters from attacking civilians.
I couldn't tell you about MHA. It's still in my backlog. Although every time I see this thread it gets bumped up a few notches.

Yeah, what is this shit? Are they seriously like "Well, I guess we better stop the monsters"?

I can agree with that. All-might is definitely a hero then.
And OPM is more a deconstruction, and a parody of how the West, and the East portray super heroes. If you haven't seen it you really should. Its a lot deeper than it seems.

The first three episodes are great, when it actually gets to the school part it kinda gets mediocre, but the last episode makes up for it.

So you're saying that All-Might has the same character as Superman then?

And no, I won't be watching OPM, it seems like the worst kind of parody and has a MC that seems like an insufferable cunt.

Superman lands on planet, farmer says be your own man.

"Welps better save humans, from monster on earth and other space" Supes

Was that your arguement?

All-might is the same as superman, as the Samaritan is, as The Sentry is. They are both incredibly well written expys.

I'm not sure how you would get that at all from One punch man. However if you keep asking questions about it, and judging it without actually seeing it then I'm not sure what to tell you.

That's not what happened with Superman.

He landed on earth and Ma and Pa Kent taught him the difference between right and wrong, and that he needed to use his powers to help people.

oh really. is that what it SEEMS like? because it SEEMS to me that you've formed a lot of opinions about a show you know nothing about.

If you're going to get this salty about a japanese superhero show that you engage in internet debates about the moral qualities of its characters than you should at least watch the fucking show so you know what the fucking fuck you're talking about.

YOU FUCKING WHAT M8

he doesn't seem like the one getting salty, mate.

I'm only salty about his ignorance.

The American military occupation of Japan/The forefathers of the Japanese animation/comic book industry were inspired by American Animation

user, you can't expect me to watch all of something I don't like.

how do you know you will not like it if you won't fucking try it and have already decided before even cracking open the .mkv?

sounds to me like user should eat his fucking veggies.

Yes. The Sentry is a giant parody of superman. All Superman expys whether they are parodies, or not all draw from the same well.

How do you know if don't like it? I'm not saying you should shift through every pile of shit, but when some thing is popular its popular for a reason. That reason isn't usually good, but for one punch man it has great animation at the very least.

It's about a world where everyone's superheroes, right? And they all have a "hero ranking"?

That's how I know I won't like it.

It also seems like a bad parody, the kind made by someone who doesn't understand or enjoy the medium they're parodying. His power is "beats anything in one hit" because hurr durr that's totally what comics are like.

So All-Might is meant to be a parody, then? That really doesn't sound like a hero to me.

Thank you, for stating a fact 90% of us knew.

No. Not even close. The only people who have powers are the people who put in the effort to get them.

Yes. Which isn't so outlandish. Marvel would have had the same thing had tony won the Civil War 1, just to keep people like War Machine from going up against Thanos and getting his spine punched to venus.

>it seems like a bad parody
Its not even a parody. its more of a deconstruction. Like comics like Irredemable are but less dark. It has its own world and plot and characters that inhabit it.

Actually anons, this guy is just debunking himself. He loves western comic, but dislikes most eastern ones why is he arguing?

You kind lost credibility of judging the eastern capeshit when you said. I dont wa tch or read em…

why is the word parody being used in this thread?

None of these characters are parodies. The worst you could say is inspired. or chinese knockoff if you will. but none of them fit the definition of a 'parody'

All Might is the shit. He's a parody character who ends up a lot more compelling than many characters created with 'purer intentions', at least imho. If you know his character at all there's no way you wouldn't consider him a hero. A hero whose weakness (the fact he's dying slowly and painfully from injuries he'd sustained doing hero stuff) makes him even more heroic than he'd otherwise be.

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I'm gonna need an explanation.

No they wouldn't have, because they don't want superhero comics to turn into fucking pokemon.

More than that, it seems like an insult. Everything I've been told about OPM makes it seem like it was made by someone who HATES comics.

I like western comics because of the concepts and stories.

I don't like eastern ones for the same reason, I don't see how that's debunking anything.

How is an american superhero in japan that has superman-style all-purpose powers and acts in a flamboyant superman-style way not a parody/satirical?

OPM people earn powers through training most of the time, the MC gain powers through rudimentary physical training.

100 push ups
10km run
100 squats
3 meals a day

This shit was utter bullshit but yet he gained godlike abilities that equate to steriod induce golden age superman (no flying)

I already brought that up, but he keeps dancing around that point. I don't think he is gonna budge from his opinion, ignorant as it may be.

So instead of continuing the argument I'm gonna end it with a recommendation to read Astro City #1 "In dreams". Its one of the best comics I've ever read, and is one of the best discount Superman stories period.

Yeah, I think that's also retarded.

Instead of working to improve themself, it becomes "Better work out more so I can raise my power level and move up in the rankings!"

I think YOU are the one who hates comics. You have such an idealized vision of your comics that nothing will ever come close and you're here inventing reasons not to branch out and try something new in case you might enjoy something.

But I digress. you don't like japanese comics, you won't give them a chance, you have preconcieved notions and biasas against them. Why are you here? western comics don't need you to defend them. I'm 100% certain there's better threads on Holla Forums you could be posting in.

Well he pushed himself and broke his limit.

No one in OPM is working out to raise their power level. in this OPM breaks the standard shonen mold. They come already grown into their powers.

Why do you so desperately want me to like OPM and MHA, to validate your opinions that they're superhero media?

Depend if there is a mocking intention or not. If not, that would be a pastiche, not a parody.

Because I don't think he's an imitation but a character in his own right. he might be inspired by western superheros or be an homage to them but he's a character in his own right and not a parody.

Leave him be, he's stuck in his little world. It's sad but we can't change someone who wont take of the colored goggles to see the world through anothers perspective.
He's stuck in the golden age, I wish I were you man. Must be nice

Dude, what are you talking about?

You can't convince me to like something, honestly.

There are anime I've enjoyed, but I have no interest in these two for reasons I've already listed.

I don't want you to like them. I want you to try them and come to your own conclusions. you have all these notions that are mostly wrong because you haven't even watched the shows or given them a chance.

At least if you had watched it you might have some ammo or some arguments to back up your opinions but you've made up your mind so I guess there's no real point to any of this.

Tell me what I'm wrong about.

watch the shows and I'll tell you.

You're going to lose the internet fight if you don't tell me what I'm wrong about user.

I think he meant anime was a mistake.

There was also Anno saying that anime will die in ten years.

So, it's an accurate representation of modern USA, then?

Fuck off with your Holla Forums blogposts burgershits, if your country is shit then even it's fictional representatives will be shit.

I'm not losing as much as you are.

Enjoy hating something you know nothing about and won't try for reasons you don't understand I guess.

I just don't know why you'd come into a thread like this if that's what you think. It'd be like walking into a DC thread if you hated DC and DC characters and told them that Marvel Rules and their comics and heroes all sucked and then refused all their recommendations of good DC books.

But why would I be interested in something where I disagree with the entire premise?

Both OPM and MHA have the same "everyone has powers" concept, which robs superpowers of having any meaning.

Complete horseshit you troll

Everyone has powers in MHA but not everyone has powers suitable to hero work. Most people have very quaint powers that only will allow them to do simple things.

In our world when a person does something HEROIC we call that person a hero. Even if they don't have any super powers. Batman may have retarded plot armor, but the original concept of batman is that he is a HERO without super powers.

But you already knew that didn't you? Masterful baiting.

What if Syndrome had said "When everyone has muscles no one will?"

So then having muscles loses all meaning? Of course not. Everyone does have muscles. But some people have more and some less. The same goes for intelligence and the same can be said for superpowers. You have no argument, only bait, and if that was your goal well, congratulations.

You can't compare superhero comics to manga because it's exactly like comparing superhero movies to all other movies. Or I guess you could make the comparison, but it won't end well for superhero comics.

Manga isn't a genre. A shoujo romance isn't the same as a battle shounen, which is not the same as a SoL yonkoma, which is not the same as an adult drama, and so on.

Miyazaki never said that, it's shopped. Even Redditors know that.

Bob Kane erased the creator of Batman from history.

Syndrome pls go.

Fuck, this thread is fucking stupid.

Let's talk about manga and comics that are interesting. I like the manga Billy Bat a lot, decent art, nice concept, and doesn't really use the often overused cliches people like to bitch about.

Manga are still going strong while superhero comics have become a raped vestige on superhero movies, though.

Manga are pretty much YA fiction, children's fiction, graphic novels, and comics wrapped up into one all encompassing genre.

In the West, comics are a niche that has to fight to compete with books. If Animorphs had been written in Japan, it would have been a manga series.

YA fiction is also pretty big in Japan as "Light Novels", though I guess if a light novel gets popular it usually also scores a manga and/or anime.

But that is wrong, the are only a few people with powers in that universe, heck there are more super powered people in marvel then opm, so by your logic opm is better then marvel.

Fair enough, I until this thread I didn't know that the word "parody" had inherently negative connotations but looking it up it seems it's true. You learn something new every day!

Actually, it would. If everyone had the muscle of a bodybuilder it wouldn't be impressive or special to have that kind of strength.

Yes it will. Superhero comics annihilate manga in terms of quality.

Then in MHA. We've already discussed why OPM is trash.

It's not better than anything.

It wouldn't have been nearly as bad if the mainstream publishers didn't decide to put all their efforts into the direct market. That was a shortsighted move that cost them their future.

WEW LAD!

Will he do it? Will he eat that shit?

Holla Forums is for Western shit. /a/ is for Jap shit. Doesn't matter if it's good or not, if it's Jap, it stays in /a/. Period.

Just Watched Hero Academia at the insistence of a friend and I was hoping there could be a thread about it on Holla Forums because it was refreshing to see a story that actually really gets super heroes and writes them well.

I really hope it makes a splash in the west and shakes the stupid out of the big 2. I mean, it's not bloody likely, but I can hope.

Manga encompasses all genres and target demographics, it's redundant and misleading to describe it like this.

Manga still isn't a genre. Maybe you just don't know what you're talking about.

But he's got hot opinions and a board to share them on! why would he care about things like "being correct" or "knowing what the fuck you're talking about"?

Like how JoJo replaced Adventure Time threads here, it seems likenBoku no Academia and One Punch Man will replace Comic Book Superhero threads on Holla Forums.

All Might is more like Superman than the modern Superman.

I really fucking wish this wasnt true, but it is.

ITT: autists sperg over the fact that gooks across the ocean create superheroes better than the Burgers can

All Might fights for truth, justice and the American way.

Aight faggots, listen up

I only read book 1 of MHA two days ago, and that was primarily because it was repeatedly recommended on this very board. I must admit, the idea of it being about somebody with no powers in a world where most people have them sounded put me off, but, well, that happens.
Anyway, I must say I liked it, in fact I missed my stop on the subway twice because I was reading it.
BUT, on the overland train to Kyoto I was reading some silver age Avengers, instead. And honestly? Give me that, every time. I'm still going to be hunting up further MHA volumes, though. But that's rather difficult in Japan, if you can't read Japanese (and when I can, capeshit and shonenshit are going to be way down the list - I prefer spies, detectives, the military and epic space opera). In fact, I only really got into superheroes around 6 months ago, and that was mostly down to the films. I'd already been lurking this board enough to know not to step outside the Golden to Bronze ages, though (that being because I like colourful idealism, before anybody starts recommending the grimdark 80's Batman stuff).

What these guys said. In MHA people with no powers are in the minority, but a lot of those powers aren't much good. Some of the classmates in the "best of the best" hero school can only do things like, well, levitate small objects from three feet away. If you're locked in an old timey prison cell and the guard is sleeping nearby with the key in his pocket, that might be useful, otherwise it's probably not much cop.
Even the "most powerful guy at the elementary school" can cause explosions or fire on things he is holding in his hands. Presumably, apart from resistance to these fires and explosions, he isn't otherwise that strong, a bank robber with a powerful rifle could probably cause him trouble, let alone a powered villain (as we see in the first volume, even. You can't explode something you can't touch)

All Might is probably closer to Marvelman / Miracleman than Superman. Clark Kent can fly faster than sound and save people from a crashing plane in his suit and tie. All Might's "super" persona is literally a different body, which he transforms into. His normal form is a frail, weedy guy with a serious injury, who is coughing up blood and hardly able to walk. He can also only turn into his hero form for three hours a day, thanks to his injuries. Hence the whole "passing the torch" element.
Of course, Marvel and DC have done stuff like this too, but it's usually been for diversity purposes, or about people who already have powers taking on new names (the second or third Giant Man was a guy who could already change size, and who had been calling himself Goliath before then). And, of course, the original character usually gets their age / banishment / death retconned and gets their powers back again (just in time for the movie!). Imagine if we were on the fifth generation Superman now, and he occasionally seeks guidance at the grave of Clark Kent.
There still is an element of parodying American superheroes with him though. On a couple of occasions they literally say "he's drawn differently"!

I actually bought one of those ages ago, in Japanese, without knowing what it was. The opening actually has some four-colour, super-short, 9-panel-grid stories as examples of the comics the main character is drawing in early 50's America.

This, LOGH started off as a light novel. There's even serialisations of light novels in "phone books", a Japanese version of what were known in the west as Story Papers or Pulps, an entire medium which is virtually forgotten.

Plotting sales figures on a chart ought to have shaken the stupid out of them long before now, user. I can only assume that they, like DC Thomson in the UK, no longer actually care about comics, they just think they're IP farms for creating films or cartoons out of. (Or, in DCT's case, a social network. Yes, Britain's now longest-running comic is being turned into a UK centric, kid-friendly Facebook).

do yourself a favor and read pluto(or basically anything from urasawa), dorohedoro, vinland saga, zipang, strongest man kurosawa or liar's game

Nigga, the only American comics with global influence are Donald Duck comics.

Around here in germanistan, you'll find Donald Duck and a Manga corner in nearly every bookshop and larger kiosk. For cape comics you'll have to find a specialist store.

The most popular western comic is lucky to break past 200k. The most popular manga can break tens of millions regularly.

I know I'm going to regret it, but what's the source of pic 2?

I don't know what the fuck that user was on about. Even your average American is more involved with anime/manga than American comics.
You'll find plenty more assholes who can tell you anything you need to know about Naruto or Dragon Ball, than about Superman. And when they do know about a superhero, it's 99% of the time from the games and movies rather than the source material.

But his personality is closer to Superman's, which makes it's a more apt comparison.

Also, it's Captain Marvel around here, Eurotrash.

He means this one, genius.

Positive as in "good", not "we can positively observe there has been made a difference in the subject".

Is this what it's like to be Europoor?

Have you ever been outside of the U.S.?
When I visited European countries, all I saw were Eurocomics and Manga. American Big Two stuff was limited to mainly TPBs of Spider-Man, X-Men, and Batman, or these titles collected in a magazine that had 3-5 issues of different big two comics. It was easier to find Hellboy, Spawn, The Walking Dead, Chew, Kick-Ass, and Daytripper, than stuff like Wonder Woman, Thor, or Captain America. That is, if bookstores and kiosks even bothered to sell American comics (that aren't Donald Duck) at all. Meanwhile, you could get Dylan Dog, Asterix, Thorgal, One Piece, Dragon Ball, and Inuyasha in train station kiosks, and bookstores even had dedicated Manga sections.

Manga is obviously more popular in developed nations in Asia, and South America is probably even more obsessed with manga and anime than Japs and French are. Don't know about Austrialia and Africa.

I saw the Steins;Gate manga in a supermarket here in Europoor. It's not a major series at all.

This Captain Marvel shit's too complicated for me.

We don't get shot by niggers or little kids. :3

the worst is when you get shot by the little nigger kids.

It's why you always see americans carrying around watermelons or buckets of KFC to bribe them off so they don't shoot you.

Or maybe that's why Americans have the shape of watermelons.

Modern cartoons and comics make me want to dig up my inner weeb. Also hope Funimation doesn't fuck up the dub of Academia when they put it up on Toonami.

Funimation thought it was a splendid idea to use a dub as a soapbox for their anti-gamergate opinions, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Why, what are you afraid of? :^)

Hivemind.

They've already dubbed it. From what I've heard it's pretty good

That's good to hear. I've one doubt, though.

How is frog-chan's voice?

webm please? It's blocked in my country.

You're right, instead your wives get raped by "refugees" :^)

You're an officer and a gentleman, user.

I want to masturbate to the sound of All-Might's voice. Th-that's not gay, right?

That's a good fucking voice for his heroic speeches. Really want to hear the more introspective parts as well as his hollowed version.

That's pretty fucking gay, man. But I get your appreciation for voices.

We need to go back. I'm not sure when it happened but there was a shift downward.

Oh dear fucking god. Western comics are so shit that anons fucking believe an above average cape comic from japan is fantastic. Here's the thing that is ignored about the manga. Every single fucking hero in that manga except 3 are as full of themselves as Booster Gold and sometimes even more so. I have read the manga and though All Might and his hero training to be are rising well character wise, they are the only ones who have anything worth to knowing what a Hero is. Every other fucker can be pulled from any Naruto, Bleach or One Piece character and be swapped out and you wouldn't know the fucking difference. Cause no one else even comes close to an actual good Hero and are in it for the fame and titles. Here's a little thing to think about.
Have any people who read the manga so far ever heard any Hero other than All Might and Midori and the Anit-Hero Stain talk about saving civilians in a serious manner if at all? There was that black whole hero but that was it. And he was the only one to talk about it seriously and that arc was cut down for a hero vs villain arc.

tldr
Academia is a fun little read but it's not a diamond in the rough. It's just that western comics have a terribly low bar right now.

(((Stanley Martin Lieber)))

It's Ashley Burch, at least so says this post, but I can't recognize her by voice.

It's "froggy", though. Not what I expected and not good, but what can you expect from this crazy universe that is both perverse and chaotic in its justice or lack thereof.

behindthevoiceactors.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14631.html

Confirmed for not being able to read.

Here's the actual cast list
funimation.com/blog/2016/04/27/my-hero-academia-cast-announcement/

Monica Rial is playing Frog-chan.

You're right in your assessment, particularly in the bar being so low that someone doing it competently looks like fucking Mozart.

And I can somewhat agree with your statement that many characters could just be from another series entirely, however I tend to give that a pass because a little bit of that seems to be the point. Midoriya is about the only person that's a true hero in his class. It seemed to be a rather purposeful setup to have him born without a Quirk and not have this easy mode to stardom and yet still want to be able to save people. Just like how every student in his previous school wanted to enter the hero-course because they had shit like the finger elongating powers.

Even with that being said, I would absolutely love if they pulled the show into developing more like the Justice Society than the X-men.

Of course you also have to give it one thing. It completely kicks the shit out of Marvel and DC for the idea of diversity and representation. I mean, a little of it is directly from not having years of cannon to have to contend with, but it was able to at least get the basics of giving people powers that are more or less useful than others. What with Thirteens power being a black hole she has to actively try to keep from killing people and like 1/8th the population being some kind of elemental or animal hybrid.

It's a fun read. I admit that at the end and let anons know that there are 3 likeable characters. But this doesn't excuse every other character being no different from other characters from similar mangas like Naruto. I dunno where it can go from where it is now. But everyone else is so two dimensional in their approach.

Also user. Who cares about diversity and representation? That is not what makes a comic good at all. Drawings and story make the comic not diversity. That is just a bonus at most.

Also a quick respect to Midoriyas mom. She is the person who kept her son from developing a special snow flake mentality.

Moonman edit gets the point across better tbh fam.

Isnt that the point of this 90s ass motherfucker?

Nah, I hear you. There is a bit of a Naruto vibe of a bunch of characters you really want to see develop, or really just used at all, that don't get time to really develop. But at least it isn't Bleach because the main protagonist is actually likeable, and his Rival is at least Peggy Hill levels of writing. IE: shitty person but well written character for the most part

Oh yeah, I know, I just love that it shits all over two full companies that are making that their main focus by not even paying attention to it.

Straight up. She's great for telling her son something realistic. And hey, he still put his mind to it and achieved that impossible goal.

Character with a Quirk named Liefeld when?

It allows the hero to mess with their body proportions at will.

Midoriya and his mothers' influence and raising is the only reason that manga turned out good at all. Even when his heart was broken as a kid and could never be a hero she kept him from developing a "I'm special" mentality by raising him to accept his current circumstances and move on. The fact that he was raised like that and knew he had no powers, it did not stop him from trying to help those around him. He is a true golden age hero. To bad everyone else in that universe follow the Naruto/One Piece mentality.

Shit an hour later I notice I forgot to add I meant this guy

Niggers love anime and manga, especially American niggers.

I wouldn't count on that for much longer eurocuck. There isn't any set of laws that can save you from cultural pluralism. You're going to have the wonders of diversity revealed to you very, very soon.

Wrong picture, smh. Whatever, no need to bother.

I wonder if All Might and Strikeman are related

I dunno. I think it's generally a scale. I think that's a little bit of the point of the hero points from the entrance exam. With Midoriya and his Rival at opposite ends of the scale. With most kids kind of developing a 'special snowflake' mentality that life hasn't quite beaten out of them yet. I mean Tenya seemed to at least recognize this and that's like 100% of the reason that he started playing nice with others.

But, yeah. I get this situation with videogames all the time. Where I wish a kind of mediocre game were bad, but it's the only game that's even semi-well done in a genera in a few years so it's better by default.

It's kind of like how taking the easy way out in fantasy setting of badass lizardmen or ratkin for your brute and tiny races should be considered kind of lazy the fact that EVERY fantasy setting just has human, knife ear human, short irish man, dwarf, and *gasp* a green human makes it way better.

These edits are great.

I kept thinking of The Maxx for some reason and he just became my favorite one-shot. Fuck even his quirk was full of 90s edge and…hang on didn't he have a sword made of knives?

She voiced Stocking in the dub for Panty & Stocking, so it'll probably sound similar to that.

Huh, that was an interesting read.

Why is Harry Partridge shilling for the new Ghost Busters Movie? Didn't he used to call out shit like this?

As expected of dishonest literal kikes.

That, and American comics are not better.

Partridge is a hardcore Ghost Busters fag. He will eat up absolutely anything that has franchise logo on it, and he will enjoy it no matter what. Hardcore ghost busters fans would gladly buy jizz in a cup if it would be called Official Ghost Busters Ectoplasm. They already bought, drank, and are now nostalgic for canned piss that was also known as Ecto Cooler.

It's just like SWfags, trekkies, and Dr. Who fans, who have no standards if it comes to the franchise they obsess about, and will buy anything even remotely related to it.

Eat a bag of dicks, faggot. The reason there's so much criticism of America is because America really fucking sucks. Millions of people HAVE died as a result of your idiotic foreign policies. You might not give a shit about that, but some do. Your retarded president still refuses to apologise for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This hasn't gone unnoticed around the world. Your cops are increasingly killing and terrorising their own countrymen and getting away with it while you argue whether Captain America is American enough. And yes McDonald is cancer and can't die soon enough.

I'm not American and I also don't think Obama has any reason to apologize for them. He wasn't even born when they happened, and people are still arguing whether or not they were justified because it's not that clear-cut (and then there's the whole issue of why the war started).

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

EVERYONE ELSE, SUPER GAY

He's the president, so an apology wouldn't be personal, but on behalf of the nation. Nations are asked to apologize for shit that happened ages ago all the time. The bombs were technically aimed at military targets, but most of what was destroyed was civilian. Also the radiation had pretty bad aftereffects that were felt long after the war. Also they decided to throw another nuke 3 days after the first. That's just the sweet spot where they should know what they're doing and between not giving the nips enough time to formulate a proper answer to the capitulation demand.

This is the kind of logic that causes Germany to be a bunch of bitches.

This is the kind of logic that has blacks demanding money from people who never owned slaves.

This is the kind of logic that forces diversity quotas in technology.

This is the kind of logic that makes gay men vilified if they are also white.

This is the kind of logic that allows for people to think watching Ghostbuster 16 is a political act.

Fuck.

Nah, if germany has to apologize, the USA should. Or germany shouldn't either. If the USA doesn't apologize, they shouldn't endlessly give Japan shit for Korea and China.

In the end it's not about apologizing or making things right, but who won and who lost.

Yeah. There's a limit to how long you should dwell on the past.

World War II was a stupid clusterfuck but let's move on already.

I'm saying that no one has to apologize on the behalf of their fucking ancestors.

This is like beating up your enemies son, because his dad pissed you off at work and he's now dead. If you are a German, don't feel sorry about what Hitler did to the Jews and gay people and all that jazz, you didn't do shit wrong.

Actually it's pretty well established that Japan was about to surrended, and the US Army generals knew it and tried to prevent the bombing. The real reason for using atomic bombs was to scare Russia in preparation for the Cold War. So it wasn't justified.

Huh? No, it's not. They're very different things.

Are you saying that the Holocaust and the Nukes are different things? They might be, but it's the theme; they are things that were horrible but to this day are being used against those nations.

I'm just sticking up for people who get needless abuse for shit they were even alive for. Germans should not be made out to be potential genociders and American whites shouldn't be extorted out of their money by blacks who where never slaves when they themselves never own them.

Tech shouldn't be killed off because of shitty quotas based on skewed stats about women in STEM fields.

Just stop punishing the current generation for shit they never did. That's all I want to see.

Yes and I'm sure there's someone else who would say that some other version of events has been pretty well established.

And he'd be wrong.

And he would say the same about you.

And he'd be wrong.

Excellent. If there's somebody I want voicing frog cloaca, it's Rial.

Though Luci Christian playing Uraraka throws me for a loop.

Nigger please.

I meant Watamote.

Japs have zero tolerance for social jewstice, basically

Wew lad if you don't like it move to another planet. This one belongs to us.

Then we're even for them not warning about Pearl Harbor.

Not to mention the thousands of victims of radiation poisoning, including generations of sick and deformed children.

And it was a civilian population center, not a military base.

Go big or go home, besides, everyone should have known we overdo things by then.

Everyone knows americans like things extra large

Not to Holla Forums but…

maybe now that america is a shadow of its former self, King Obongo is going to apologize to everyone especially their greatest (((ally))) for "you know what".

But back then America was truly the leading world super power and dropping the bombs on Japan was just a way of showing that power, just like how Roosevelt showed off the US battleships across the world with the "Great White Fleet".

america is above apologizing to lesser nations you terrorist

when you say "superhero comics", you're basically talking about two giant franchises, DC and Marvel. when you say "manga", you're addressing thousands of unrelated works that have nothing in common beyond the fact that they use a comics format. it's really fucking stupid to compare a genre to an entire medium.

His japanese voice is better, the english one comes across as jaded and apathetic in places it really shouldn't.

you deserve a shitty performance if you're going to watch any of funimation's attempts at dubbing

I don't get it. In the past Japan was never one to show western values in a positive light or even adapt western stuff well, yet lately all their mangas have been doing a better job of portraying the west in fiction better than america while showing numerous sides of western views in a positive light rather than taking direct sides on issues. What the hell is wrong with the west and why is Japan doing everything right (except their anime and games which have been sucking balls lately)?

Worse is the fact that Stan Lee is being credited as the genius behind marvel thanks to the Disney Marvel films while Kirby remains forgotten without so much as a mention in the new films. People are ironically calling Lee the "Creator of Marvel" or the creator of Hulk/Capn/etc. Fuck all of this.

What are you defining as a Western value?

Postmodernism.

This is a meme and it's a meme because nobody watches anime anymore and has no idea what's actually going on with it.

Has any mainstream American production ever named the Jew?

No, because Burgeristan is the kike's playground.

Bottom line, shut your bacon grease-lined snouts.

The japanese fiction is what real equality looks like. They put in a fat bitch because they want to put in a fat bitch, not to push "fat acceptance" for example

kill yourself weeb faggot

That word does not mean what you think it does.

If you are bitching about dubbed anime, then I'm sorry to inform you, but that makes you the weeb.

Also, not all dubs are bad.

japan has long enjoyed overdriving the aesthetic of foreign cultures
Saint Seiya is ultra-Greece
Tenku Senki Shurato is ultra-India (while we're at it, fucking Asura's Wrath)

things like Metal Wolf Chaos, MGS, or Boku no Hero Academia are just ultra-American aesthetics

they had planned to issue a formal declaration of war 2 minutes before pearl harbor but a scheduling error delayed it

That's actually one of the reasons that I love japan. The reflection of your culture through the lens of another.

It's also the reason that I love Hero Academy. Capes are American as apple pie and to see such a great interpretation of it actually makes me feel a lot better. I mean for the love of god the main character could be a stand in for the 'heart and soul of the USA doing what is right' while his rival is the violent, self obsessed, militaristic force that it has become. And even that evil side is trying to do the right thing, he just sucks.

So… anyone who's actually interested in talking about this show. What is your favorite hero in the class? Personally I like the Bird Dude with the shadow stand. He's a little bit of the stereotypical brooding loner but seems a little more fun.

And don't say Frog-girl. Because that's just cheating.

Anything actually good you saw come out of the comic event Civil War was probably from one of the side story comics, as I don't think Bendis or Millar had much influence on them. This was from one of those side things, probably a Spiderman issue or something, since that's who Cap is talking to. So it's canon, but the big names at Marvel never noticed it. Which is why Civil War ended with Cap backing down because the Rescue Heroes tackled him, instead of him telling them "You Move".

The movie handled everything better than the comic book, because real writers were involved, and it was intended to be a GOOD story, instead of just a way to milk money out of fans. It also helps that it's very far removed from the comic.

For fuck's sake mods, this thread is literally just discussion of an anime.

At least bumplock it or give these retards a cycling general, anything to make the same 5 people stop shitting up the board by making this same thread OVER AND OVER.

Frog-girl

but aside from best girl, hot-cold guy is a bland of two great superpowers that go great together
and Eraser-head is the sort of guy who would be on Batman's speed dial in case of Justice Leaguers going rogue

In the comic, Cap was the good guy because "muh freedomz" and Tony was the bad guy because "muh concentration camps". In the movie, both sides had legitimate points.

While honourary Aryans, it has been said that nips aren't as creative as whites. And the fact most shonen stories are the same fucking thing would seem to bear this out. I should think MHA only got greelit by the editors because of the popularity of Marvel films, though a similar thing based on the various Japanese TV super heroes might have got made regardless (I doubt it would have made it to the west, though). I have an issue of "Monthly Manga Shonen" from 1978 and it's wall-to-wall space opera.

Oh fuck off, the bombs saved far more lives than they ended. Though it's now thought they were preparing to surrender before the nukes were dropped, I doubt the US knew / trusted reports of that at the time. Even when they were going to surrender, extremists tried to steal the recorded speech and put the Emperor under house arrest.

So was Dresden, if we're being fair. But muh holocaust.

"I watched Dragon Ball Z and two or three other similar shows that ran on American TV. Now that I'm a certified expert, let me tell you all about how uncreative these nips are, based on a sample size 10-20 times smaller than the number of shows in a single season. Let me also pretend that American TV isn't full of police, legal and medical dramas and sitcoms, because that makes my argument seem marginally more convincing."

And now the recent chapter has me dislike the adult heroes even more.
God I fucking despise the adult heroes now.

You mean the one adult?

Who's a gigantic cunt and the only reason he didn't expel a student to get his dick hard the first day was because he got completely shown up by the main character and he realized he was All Might's prodigy.

Yeah, he's got a cool super name but he's a dick.

Oh no user. All except All Might and Stain are a piece of shit. Recovery Girl and her projection. The heroes from the 1st chapter hesitating. That fucking female Booster Gold that the 2 girls paired with. They all suck.

That's the point. Stains whole motivation is that modern heroes have lost their moral authority and grown into lax glory hogs.

The entire reason Bakugo got kidnapped, and this is what they admit, is that instead of immediately responding to the threat of villains, they thought they had time to run everything by committee and then train people instead of using the forces they had.

Of course, none of this will be addressed in-universe.

Because Shonnen.

That's a load of bullshit. The Empire of Japan was utterly unwilling to surrender unconditionally, which is what the US demanded.

What really blows my mind is weeaboo millenial faggots still going "They were going to surrender!" If they were going to surrender they would have surrendered after the first nuke, you imbeciles.

Jesus, just get over it, we all commit warcrimes from time to time.
You americans will even try to justify agent orange.

There might be a place out there where memes defeat facts but this isn't one of them. Like it or not if Japan was going to surrender they would have surrendered after the first nuke. They were not prepared to surrender unconditionally to the point there were powerful factions resisting it even after the SECOND nuke. This is a well-known and well-accepted fact regardless of what your goofy wisp-bearded highschool history teacher over in europastania told you in your
"why amerikkka is the great satan" class.

It's true.
The Japs took the magnificent seven and made it into the seven samurai, a fistfull of dollars into yojimbo, the ring into ringu, the grudge into ju-on and the list goes on, a significant portion of "Japanese" films are actually just American films re-cast and re-branded.

On top of that just look at their movie industry.
Almost everything they do outside of "dude weed" comedy, oscar-bait and chick-flick drama is remake the same set of movies, made over and over again for decades.

That is some top tier bait.

The only unjustifiable thing about that toxic tang was that we gave too much money to the jews to make it

user, that's not even bait. is just being sarcastic.

Cut him some slack, he's probably autistic.

He wouldn't be here if he wasn't :^)

As far as sarcasm goes, it's shit.
I mean, if you're going to be sarcastic you can at least get things right, like the fact Seven Samurai came out first in 1954, and The Magnificent Seven didn't hit the silver screen until six years later: 1960.

TOPEST OF KEKS

Death Note mops the flor with every single western comic ever written, never before had i seen a mistery detective story where the viewer is aware of everything that happens i the story, as most detective stories rely on mistery to keep the reader engaged

Even when we are talking about series full of cliches and fan service like High School of the Dead, the Zombie narrative cliches are executed masterfully.

I'll admit there are juggernauts in the west such as Fables wich is masterfully written, but until any western comics can reinvent a genere like Death Note reinvented the detective genere, the west won't have jack shit that the east does not have

Merican heroes, just like Merica itself, are nothing but washed up, withered, old, decrepit shells of their former selves relying on their past glories in a pathetic attempt to stay relevant

It is undeniable that they where once very influential world wide, as they were pretty much the first comics ever printed and sold world wide, but Manga has long since surpassed them,

DC and Marvel may have been the ones who lit the torch but they certainly are not the ones currently carrying it

Superman is little more than a Jesus ripoff

Moral of the story:
If you are a good goy, god will save you
Only the chosen can be superior

Then on the east we have Goku, a ripoff of Sung Wu Kong

Moral of the story:
If you are devoted, you can grow into a god
What you have at birth is nothing compared to what you gain with enough effort

Mericans want everything served to them in a silver plate,
Nips are always striving to surpass themselves

Even Naruto that you shit on and rightly so, that manga went to shit very fast teaches the values of Patriotism, Cromadery, and devotion to your disipline.

Merican heroes used to teach stuff like these. The most basic shit that every shitty shounen teaches now a days.
But now they are little more than posterboys for (((political))) propaganda

I guess that's why Japan has been a vassal state of America since we nuked them 70 years ago.

That's the joke.

Japan gave Okinawa (formely Ryuku Kingdom) in a silver plate as a sacrificial lamb after loosing the war (wich they would have lost even without the nukes)
The Okinawans hate Japan and Merica for this, and have been strugling for independance

But even if that shit island is little more than a naval base for Isrrael's puppet state (((Merica))), the Kikes still fear the Samurai
While on the other hand, Mericans just line up to kiss Kike's ass

Let dat sink in

you forgot to mention that whenever Japan makes a movie adaptation of a manga they fuck up the source material recasting characters with different ethnicity for diversity's sake, or making them so different from the originals that it takes an internet shitstorm to get the studios to fix it

Worse you guys have cottaging and rapefugees

>fear Samurai
Yeah they afraid of getting AIDS alright

Hate to break it to you, but America funds Israel, not the other way around. They were Britain's catspaw in the Middle East; now they're ours. Idiots like you think that Israel pulls the strings when it's really our ultimate deniable asset.

I'm guessing that you only read till they got the Homelands back?
It should stay that way. After that it jumps the shark and becomes fucking shit.
Though even then it wasn't always so well-written.

Merica doesn't even own their own currecny, the Dollar is printed out of thin air by the (((Federal Reserve))) and then loaned to the state with interest, and if you dare to talk about it the (((ADL))) will come after you

>>>Holla Forums
And stay there.

I got to the part where Bigby is turned into a glass statue and shatered by Prince Brandish
I read that page and i cringed as i did

But still shehorned politics aside, the reason i like it so much is because how tight the story is, there are almost no plot holes and even if there are situations that may be considered forced the authors make sure to keep the world consistent.

For example, when Jack left Fabletown and made his Jack movies back in Fable town a snippet of the future is Shown in wich Fly Catcher, dresed as a Janitor comments on how fun Jack's movies are, this event happens long after Fly Catcher becomes a King back in the homelands, but the authors did not forget they depicted Fly Catcher still being a janitor in Fable Town so long ago and they write a bullshit excuse that Ambrose still likes to work as a Janitor everynow and then.

Maybe they fucked up without realizing, maybe this was forced as a way to fix the fuck up once they realized they fucked up the continuity. But fact remains the authros at least cared enough about their story so as to keep it plot hole free.

That's more than can be said about most comics now a days, even Torijewma did not care for Dragon Ball enough so as to remeber every character, (Lunch was barely in DBZ cus Tori sensei forgot she existed)

>>>Holla Forums
right back at you
If you remember the reasons for the exodus, then you should know that Holla Forums is Holla Forums territory

Dude Jews are just merchants, there only willing to people who would their filthy products and Western Culture has reflected this in recent years. In a way, one could argue Japan is Jew-like for catering to an audience while subtle drops of degeneracy and subhuman values are placed.

Yeah, that's a good stopping point. He gets revived and then they completely butcher Snow and Bigby's kids. Therese goes missing because toys kidnap her and take her to an island where she's starving, Damien(I think that's his name, the 'cool' brother, not Ambrose) finds her and ends up being sacrificed to give her food via his blood. Times goes fast there so Therese finds her way back as a scrawny adult. Fucking crap.

I read that part too, it happens before Brandish shows up
The fact that Bigby and Snow's kids get killed, that i didn't know, as far as i knew Ozma predicted that only 1 of them would die

Hold on are you a Eurofag?

I won't deny Nipponese Jewery the Moeshit that is currently plaguing Anime is proof of that.
Regardless compared to most current western media Anime can be pretty based
They are constantly teaching kids about cromadery, effort, loyalty to your land, love to your family, pride in your race.
And the women depicted in Anime are an idealized form of feminity, as oposed to the "realistic" degenerate whores often depicted in current western media

There will never be any medium trully free of any and all forms of Kikery, but the Japs certainly deliver as much gold as they deliver shit

Nope, i'm from
>>>/argentina/
Way down at the bottom of the barrel,
We've been drowning in shit for decades but i certainly get a kick out of watching both Merica and Yurop as they both get sunk down to our level by the Kikes.

Even if any of you 2 big 1st world goys actually mans up and tell the Kikes to go fuck themselves i'll still have something fun to watch from down here. and i'll be cheering for wichever manages to get out of this festering shithole first.

So far, my money is on Trump
But even if he turns out to be just another one of Zog's puppets then at least i'll get to watch the SJW butthurt as he becomes president

Ah, right. I was mixing it up. Yeah, the prediction came true. It's a shit prediction though and nothing should have happened. It should have been a Happily Ever After, and if anyone had to be the North Wind, rather than Winter, it should have been Ghost.
Also, after all that happens, they STILL can't have a happy ending so Snow and Rose Red's relationship deteriorates extremely quickly and Rose starts this whole Knights of the Round Table shit to… I don't even remember what her plan was. But the witches insist there's always an Arthur, Morgana, and Guinevere. Rose is Arthur. Snow becomes Morgana. And Guinevere… Bigby. Fucking stupid. Didn't bother reading till the end.

Fuck that shit into the trash

So Argentina, don't know much about Argentina but Brazil seems to have a focus from (((The Natural Elites))) on it's high death rate of the LGBT death cult, even though it's death rate is high for heterosexuals as well.

That's Modern Hollywood, if you look back at past entertainment of 40s and 50s, it was good.
Then the 60s and 70s came and we got the worst generation. Now people want to see themselves viewed as shitty with no worth. Either Jews are that good or people want to see themselves as shitty, so as make themselves as look good in comparison… or both.

Some works of Manga/Anime are good, some works of comics/cartoons are good. But it hurts that few cartoons and comics are rare or are underground/produced by smaller companies.
Even Western Games are getting damage, and no one stopped the pozzing since it was all gradual.

Trump is a lot better than Shillary Cunton.

And do you count Russia as Europe, and China still is pretty powerful. And if no one deals with ISIS, they'll just gain enough power to stick around for a while.

A couple of shows a season is not a plague, and just because you don't like something doesn't mean it was made with nefarious or dishonest intent.

You know whats sad? Theres shitloads of writers out there who are atleast decent and don't care about SJW shit, but none of them work in the comic industry either because they would like to but the big two don't hire them because they're on the wrong side of history or because they would be more expensive to hire than tumblr fanfaction writers, or because they don't want to work in the comic industry since they're working on bigger things.

I've said this before is that the reason you rarely see people with talent working at the Big 2 these days is because the internet is making that null. In the past if you wanted to get noticed or get your own comic then you had to claw your way from the bottom to the top in the comic industry. That meant working your ass off and praying to god someone would notice you then put in a good word for you at DC or Marvel. There you could have made the contacts you needed, worked on an issue or two to show your skill then you'd probably get that comic you wanted with talent backing it.

Nowadays you don't need to do that shit. If you want to start a comic then you could open up a webpage and start working on whatever your heart wants. The stories have also started going around from artists and writers who worked for the Big 2 talking about how terrible it was. Pushy, overbearing bosses and shit pay combined with the fact fans are gonna hate the shit you do (happens alot) resulting in hatemail is something most people don't want to deal with. There literally is not much a reason for most people to work at the Big 2 if they actually have skill, why work on characters being driven into the ground when you could start up your own stuff? The only advantage could be that you could meet some bigwigs in the comic industry but fuck me you can ALREADY do that without working for them.

Just joining comic communities and you'll find there are people who have worked on higher shit in them. A friend of mines actually spoke to the artist behind Astro City at a con recently, they began talking shop and he told his comic idea to him. The guy fucking loved it and actually offered to do sketches for it if he contacted him.

Considering that InCase makes about $5k a month on Patreon, I wouldn't be surprised if doing an independent comic paid way more than working at the big 2 even if you didn't make anywhere as much money as other independent comic creators.

Well, InCase is one of the few artists that tempts you about being a faggot.

We are not as fucked up as Brazil that's for sure
we have an SJWish tier group but thei are the laughing stock of our education sistem, We have femitards but they number in the hundreds and only in the capital, we have faggots but they are not as openly flamboyant and degenerate as in Merica, our nigger population probably does not reach the 100 and we have no kebabs. We have our own shity population we call "negros cabeza" who are the decadent, degenerate scumm of society that nobody respectable wants to associate with

Belive me user i love clasic Hollywood and comics, that's why i mock and belitle current Hollywood and Comics, how i wish you merican got rid of the Kike influence and started felling that "Merica fuck yeah" pride once more so you could reflect it in your popular culture. i used to think it was "in your face" Merican Nationalism, a little bit pedantic somethimes but a lot better than the shit we have now, you never know what you have until you loose it

I have seen the line up of Anime every season and there is always, always more and more moe shit than in previous seasons, i like some animated tities every now and then but the amount of shows that rely on tits as their selling point has been sky rocketing lately

Can confirm, even Argie artists have complained about it, working for the big 2 may be a death sentece as they will keep everything you do. most people use them as stepping stones to have them in their curriculum when they move on to other things

I'll leave you guys with a sample of our local Comic book artist.
Our comic industry is currently dead, but in our prime our art shined brigther than almost anything i've seen come from the North in the same period of time, look at these random pages i picked up from google, and know that this level of mastery used to be the norm in our comic industry back in the day, Many of these master are dead now, many are retired other are simply working abroad
Was our industry perfect? Not at all, our comics lacked a lot of the fantasy elements that make comics fun to read, Merica has always put extraordinary characters in ordinary worlds (Superman/Batman in the mundane earth), Japs go nuts with the fantasy and make extraordinary worlds and characters (almost every shonen ever made) We Argies often put ordinary characters in extraordinary situations, many of our comics where very rooted in realism

There are, again, only a couple of shows a season. This season there seems to be zero.

Ecchi and moe are not the same thing, and there were tons of ecchi shows in the past. You just never knew about them.

The anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the Americans for every ill in the Third World, and cuckservatives suffering from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it likes without having to ask permission. The truth is that America has behaved with enormous restraint since September 11. Remember, remember. Remember the gut-wrenching tapes of weeping men phoning their wives to say, "I love you," before they were burned alive. Remember those people leaping to their deaths from the top of burning skyscrapers. Remember the hundreds of firemen buried alive. Remember the smiling face of that beautiful little girl who was on one of the planes with her mother. Remember, remember - and realise that America has never retaliated for 9/11 in anything like the way it could have. So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp X-ray? Pass the Kleenex. So some Afghan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily fired their semi-automatics in a sky full of American planes? A shame, but maybe next time they should stick to confetti. I love America, yet America is hated. America is hated because it is what every country wants to be - rich, free, strong, open, optimistic. Or do you really think the USA is the root of all evil? Tell it to the loved ones of the men and women who leaped to their death from the burning towers. Tell it to the nursing mothers whose husbands died on one of the hijacked planes, or were ripped apart in a collapsing skyscraper. And tell it to the hundreds of young widows whose husbands worked for the New York Fire Department. To our shame, George Bush gets a worse press than Saddam Hussein. Remember, remember, September 11. One of the greatest atrocities in human history was committed against America! No, do more than remember. Never forget.

Well, that's quite an impressive art I must say, chori
The 4th one reminds me of 2000AD's Slaine, what's the name of that comic ?

From what I recall the big two pay on average $350 the page (and around $500-$600 for the top artists) That's pretty much the same a patreonfag, and without the hassle of dealing with the usual corporate faggotry and the perks of pretty much doing your own thing.

You have to be an established "name" to get more from the big two, and by that point you probably can get that dosh on your own from the contacts you have made already.

That character is called Melkor he is the first antagonist in the comic "Cazador"
it was a massive hit in the 90s
it's basically Lobo (when drawn by Simon Bisley) lots of violence, swearing, gore, tits, blood. the usual for 90s antiheros

The first 5 numbers had amazing art, they printed it in Black & White so they had to rely on killer artworks form the 6 number onward they began to print it in color and the art quality went to shit

Still the first story arc wich is the fight against Melkor is covered in the first 4 numbers so you can download that if you want

There is a movie coming out to they are probably gonna cover that story arc.
So far this is the only teaser out there:
youtube.com/watch?v=cLkGS1xVZ5Q
The Cazador is being played by a local wrestler called "La Masa" for what i've seen, it's looking good so far, lets hope they don't fuck it up

Wonder if other anons "read" it.

Gave it a try, got bored very soon
I'm not into milf, but i would certainly enjoy it if there was Mother/Daughter slimy tentacle action.

It's blatantly porn, but I'd say it somehow "gets" the nature of being a superhero to an even greater degree than BNHA.

Eighth Wonder, in both incarnations, gets stuck in bizarre sexual situations, but that doesn't change the fact that the general population looks up to her as a beacon of hope and an icon. She isn't doing it for a salary and any organization is mostly just equivalent to SHIELD. She fights evil because it's the right thing to do, even if she's alone and even if it hurts.

Hell, I'd go so far as to say that the sex makes it even more faithful to the original vision of what comic books "are". Every issue Eighth Wonder must face a new supervillain and every week it needs to go crazy enough for tits to come out. People have forgotten but Wonder Woman in the gold and silver age was actually sexual as all get-out. You'd get BDSM, spanking, girl on girl, and god knows what else in a thin veil of comic book plot. The comics code was BS on most things but it was right on the money with everyone's favorite heroine, and even the creator knew it.

There's a kind of purity to it, I think. As much as people try, they can't politicize sex appeal. People want to fuck what they want to fuck and sex appeal is like a bulletproof shield against the shit killing modern comics. Hell, the decline of american comics directly coincided with the decline in pin-up culture and stuff like playboy comics and cheap publications based on sex and violence dying out(mainly because of the swap from art to photography culturally, rather than lack of demand).

It's the same reason that Hollywood films love to change designs, but shit like Wonder Woman XXX does a more or less comics accurate costume and you can say the same for nearly every parody. You need to love the concept in a genuine sense to even TRY something this batshit and there's no perceived status to ape.

So the last couple of chapters are filler. But god damn Eraserhead is still a stupid fuckhead.

I mean if he actually contributed or the Academy used it's resources to win literally any battles he'd have the moral high ground to say that a bunch of kids have no right to butt in. But that bunch of kids pulled his and everyone else's asses out of the fire basically every time.

I mean if nothing else, in Bleach the soul society had the cool showcase fights against strong opponents and in Naruto the mentor types at least had the pretense of being competent until mid game. The faculty has been totally incompetent from day one.

Because fuck the British Commonwealth, right? Fuck Canada and Australia and New Zealand, right? Fuck literally every country on this list en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_in_the_World
that are freer than the US.
Fuck them, right? The Dutch and the Australians are freer than the US.

Happened in ch. 2

It's funny you mention this, cause I also picked up on that. Even more so when recent chapter revealed 8th Wonders "not wonder woman" background.

It's true, you Yankie cunt

I read up to chapter 3 and the daughter still hasn't shown any fan service, she may have been tangled in tentacles but she didn't get stripped like he mom does

She loses clothing in later chapters.

But the premise is the mother takes it so the daughter doesn't have to, and that the mother is actually ridiculously sexually repressed rather than her mostly pure daughter.

sorry, I am unmoved by your country's false flag operations. cry your crocodile tears somewhere else.

Shut up, burger. I'm not taking lectures from the Rothschilds' number one puppet.