Should I start riding?

So… I've been thinking about this for a long while and I can't really make up my mind.
I was thinking of learning how to ride and getting a bike, which obviously has both pros and cons.
Most bikers have no respect for state authority and they tend to stick together, so if there's a major happening, they can count on each other to build RWDS.
On the other hand, they are probably subverted and monitored by feds frequently…

Other urls found in this thread:

mgnoc.com/rally_calendar.html
returnofkings.com/33067/3-reasons-why-you-should-ride-a-motorcycle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's good to know how to ride a bike and possibly have one. But actively pursuing the lifestile is likely to get you killed.

For high power bikes i.e. honda cbr 1100 and kawasaki 1100 you need a good head on you if you want to stay alive. They are insanely fast and unforgiving

How's the community? I mean… if shit starts collapsing do you think they'd split or band together and fight it out?

Motorcycle rallies are a great chance to camp out, meet people, drink and have fun. Some of the smaller, regional ones like Guzzi rallies can be a real blast. You meet some really interesting people.

It helps if you own a Guzzi, but we welcome all brands. Just check the attitude at the door and you'll have a great time.

mgnoc.com/rally_calendar.html

MC's next to hooligans / ultras are one of the most feared / homogenised groups. Everyone is afraid of them including the gubberment, for good reason. They adhere to their own rules and always stick together.

So yes, MCs and ultras will fight to the last mab

man

fucking doit, best experience of your life, i guarantee it.

i can tell you by experience.

how the fuck has this has this remotely got anything to do with politics?

see

Simple… imagine a major happening. You'll need a group of people that will stick together and fight it out against the kikes.
Bikers already hate kikes and government authority, I'm just considering my options here…

I said I've been thinking about it. I will start next month, I have some money together for this.

Thank you for the info, will look more into what those entail, though I suspect that many people will join their ranks as soon as shit hits the fan.

So you want to join a biker gang to make the government scared?

This is how I got into riding

The community is amazing, everyone seems to help one another if in need, and there isn't a way to explain it if you don't ride. You just know what it's like when you ride, and you get that feel from other riders.

I live in shitty ass Minnesota, so I'm not sure what real MCs are like, so I can't speak for them, but yes. Get a bike, learn to ride, and love to ride. You won't regret it.

you wont regret it
article related
returnofkings.com/33067/3-reasons-why-you-should-ride-a-motorcycle

Holla Forums is more than just politics. here, we help other polacks to better themselves, not just discuss how the jews are destroying the white race

OP is you gonna become a rider, watch out so you dont get hooked on drugs.

Oh bollocks to it, there's a million other nonsense threads so what the hell.

Has anyone heard of the TT? Biggest motorcycle gathering in the world, happening right now. I can hear it things happening outside my window, it's always exciting

Don't do it. Bikers are almost universally faggots. There's also the whole road pizza thing.

ALL HAIL REEKY!

there are a lot of diferent kinds of groups of riders, only the bad ones get attention

No, I'd like to be a part of a group that will stick together, rather than split, when trouble arises.
We know kikes are making monumental progress when it comes to infringing on freedoms… and I would not be surprised if they faked the elections in favor of whoever is against Trump. That would be the point when, probably, a bunch of states would want to secede… which would mean chaos and probably war… you'll need people you can rely on on those times.

That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

I'm 23 and mostly vice free. That's not an accident.

Motorcycle is the manliest form of transportation and most masculin hobby you can get IMO.

How does this work anyway? Is it just a hobby that you sink ungodly amounts of money in, then go for a weekend ride once a month? Or do you just quit your job and do it all the time? Where do you get the money to pay for it all?

Drugs and theft, probably.

fair enough

From my calculations, even though I don't have a Ph.D. in mathematics, I'd end up saving money over 2 years of commuting on a bike (gear and 3 crashes included - average for beginner). Insurance is cheaper, maintenance is cheaper and a bike doesn't use as much fuel as my car (730i).

Does the isle of man have any regulations with regards to top speed the rest of the year?
From what I've read you can go 200 mph as long as you're out of towns/cities/villages.

There is no speed limit on a few roads

If you actually seriously care about future happenings I'd advice getting a dual sport/adventure bike and learning how to use it.

Being able to go offroad is a huge boon for obvious reasons in that scenario, but apart from that it's also just good fun and a good way to improve your skills without other traffic etc putting you at risk.

That depends on how you want it.
Theres a plethora of gear and accesories, and maintenence and repair can cost a fortune, if something major fails.

However, "the feel" you get when riding in the sunset - you have to "feel it" to understand the value.

Yup. And get a larger aftermarket tank to improve the range. Here's mine. 9 gallon tank = 450 mile range. I can go a lot of places a Jeep cannot.

Solid advice

I've been an asphalt rider for my years and dirt and off road stuff is definitely not my strong suit. Off road and dirt teach lots of control, techniques you don't really get on the road, though most are interchangeable.

Well what about rent? Where will you sleep? What will you eat?

I've been riding for 3 years now. It's a good cheap and fun way to commute. I met a couple guys I enjoy riding with and show up to some vintage bike events in my area. I also enjoy working and upgrading my motorcycle.

Also, wtf are you talking about sticking together and being monitored by feds. Fuck off. The only thing you two monkeys have in common is that you both own the same mode of transportation.

pls stop

I have my own house… I don't think I understand your questions.
I earn enough to get by, that's not a problem.

Cbr 1100, full akrapovič, pushing around 220 whp

I know your pain, user.

OP, you've probably watched SOA haven't you? It's an insight into the MC world if you're interested in the social aspect of it.

Nope.
got the feeling first as a little runt, when my dad would take me for a ride.
Got my own license 3 years ago, and now proud owner of 2 different bikes - one for its own specific occasion.

I bought this one yesterday.

It scares me….im going to die on this thing.

Once you've backed it in on asphalt you're hooked.

Forgot link

why, lol? Alot of hardcore bikers with fast bikes these side of the woods

assuming you're not an asshole that does stupid shit, what makes bikes so dangerous?

Check out SOA, they cover 1% aspect quite good

Not being surrounded by tonnes of protective metal, I suppose…

Nevermind, I didn't see commuting and thought you would live on the road for 2 years or some other insane shit.

I ride (mt-09) and always enjoyed watching people doing it wrong.

Actually, yes. Even if you do everything right, you're still more endangered.

Is that because of other factors? Like, if you take steps to minimize risk, never speed, avoid traffic, never ride in the rain, select a particular model of bike, can you reduce your level of risk to that of someone in a car?

To an extent. Taking all the precautions maximizes your chances of staying alive. But you'll always be in more danger than someone driving a car

Not really. every little factor can play in on your ass being on the line.
Say if some mechanical failure happens, a bearing breaking mid ride, the chain snaping - you either go flying and/or dirt munching.
A car have four wheels, 3 to balance out the one failing, a bike have two and if one gives out - you will taste the asphalt.

Maybe… sometime in the future… I'm planning on buying some Dainese air, as a beginner.

I want to get into riding, but I live in Phoenix where apparently this area has some of the highest motorcycle accidents in the country. And plus unless you want to ride near mountains or windy roads, you have to drive 2 hours north.

Is it worth riding a bike in an area where it;s completely flat and boring? (and dangerous)

No. You still have no metal cage/crumple, still have much less mass than cars that would collide with you, still have no airbags.

By not being retarded you can reduce risk but it will never be safer than a car (unless the car is really shit).

I would of thought biking would mesh well with most Holla Forumsocks, throwing safety and convenience away for freedom and efficiency.

Bikers are always friendly with one another ( at least in the UK); nodding at each other and striking up conversations with strangers at a service stations, to even pulling over to check if another biker is OK if he's at the side of the road.

if you die, you die happy

There's a big sense of community with motorcycles that you won't find with most whites these days. Street riding gets pretty bland even in mountainous heavens so I'd suggest you go to the racetrack. No matter what you do, wear full gear. The crash I posted was me low siding at the racetrack going 60mph and I didn't get any injuries because I was wearing proper gear. You really need to dress for the crash because it's not if but when.

There's a racetrack in the Phoenix area that will be worth your time but you need to have the money to afford the hobby. If you can't afford to be dragging knee at the track, I'd suggest you get a supermoto and do hooligan shit around Phoenix. I've been through the area quite a bit and don't think anything else would really be fun with a street motorcycle. Riding dirt bikes might be a better option for you but don't waste your time with the niggers that do high speed runs on the highway because there's nothing else to do there.

New moto rider here. Always wanted to ride. All my friends had dirt bikes growing up, except me. My parents were too afraid to let me ride.

I just bought my first bike. $3k off CL for a gently used KLR650. It's not a cool bike, but a bike I can have adventures on.

sweet 750. shame about the lowside.

It happens. I'd rather push my limits safely on the track than in the mountains where I'd slide down a creek or into a tree.

been riding streets for 13 years. stop thinking and just do it faggot.

got flipped off by a Nigger for having trump sticker on my helmet yesterday.

How long does it take to get gud at riding?

Like iv been skating and skiing my
Hole life and I remember after a few years it was just second nature and there was nothing I felt uucofatble doing

Have one friend who lost a leg because a driver hit them and completely crushed it, have another friend who went down taking a curve, leg trapped underneath bike and ground his leg into mince meat (he only has like half a calf now), and one other friend who was hit by someone running red light, smashed his leg/ankle/knee, now he has all kinds of metal shit in his leg and can't walk right / always in pain, especially when it's cold.

Motorcycles are a guaranteed way to fuck yourself up and it doesn't matter how good you are, other people are shit drivers. Only a matter of time.

Years aren't a very good way to define it. I think after 40k miles in the mountains/twisties and 20 trackdays you will most likely be one damn good rider. At half of that you will feel like a touge king dragging knee in the mountains and passing squids left and right but you'll still make a lot of mistakes while being fast as hell. It took me two years to consistently ride in the fastest group at the racetrack and never miss a beat on the mountains but I ride a lot. Depending on where you live and how much money you have it could take much longer or happen quicker. Going to advanced riding schools will hasten the process and be a great time to get an outside perspective on just how good or bad you are.

No, it's degenerate. Get a car like a normal person.

I have a car. That's not what I'm looking for.

I feel it. How bad was the fairing damage from the slide? I know those 94-97s fairings are like 20 pieces and getting harder to come by every day.

They're a guaranteed way to fuck your shit up if you ride the same way you drive a car. The one thing you must recognize on a bike is that you're small and there's nothing there to save you. No airbags, no crumple zones, nothing. Your safety is your responsibility. Some things are genuinely unavoidable, but unfortunately more often than not people on bikes get hurt because their head isn't in the game. Nine times out of ten you get hurt because you put yourself in a position to get hurt. There is so much more you can do to mitigate risk on a bike than you can in a car due to dimensions alone, not even mentioning power, visibility or lack of distractions. If you're not putting yourself in a position to capitalize on those platform advantages you may as well be driving a miata at night with no headlights or seatbelt.

Ride as if you're invisible at best, or a target at worst, and you'll be surprised at how all those close calls just stop happening.

Then you already have your means of transportation.

What you're looking for, apparently, is a giant waste of time. Time you could spend lifting or cultivating land.

This

ATGATT
ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME

This is the most important thing. I've walked away unharmed from more then one serious crash. It's a pain putting on gear but fucking wear all of it. When you ride you have to have a mentality that you WILL crash. Not necessarily at your fault. It happens to best of us.

If you want a group of likeminded comrades then form a militia so you can actually be productive instead of engaging in a waste of time like some kind of manchild.

Nothing wrong with some R&R during downtime, or do you say that to car enthusiasts too?

It's four pieces and I had to replace the one left piece. 4th gen fairings are impossible to find used so I bought new production and painted them myself. After that crash I bought the track GSXR because I don't want to ruin my 4th gen. I'm young and plan to have an RC36 till I'm too old to ride so I won't be tracking VFRs till I have one or two extra.

Doesn't matter, it's just a function of time. The longer you ride, eventually you will get fucked up. It's no different from a car in that respect because an accident will happen on a sufficiently long time line, except that accident on a motorcycle has a higher probability of being way worse than in a car/truck.

if you're going to ride, you better accept the fact that eventually you will get fucked up at some point.

Militias are heavily infiltrated by state authorities+almost impossible to get funs

they've got dysgenic written all over them

I'm dicking around on here until some new turn signals show up later today.
You won't have better luck getting a girlfriend if that's what you're looking for but I've already made about three friends randomly from other bikers approaching me.
I had had a Ninja 300 I put about 6,007 miles on it in a year and got this a few weeks ago.
The power is great and I love the fact that it's still made in England but I should've bought a used Jap 600cc for half as much I'm more worried about wrecking the bike than I am about my own safety.
I really want a dirt bike now but those are even bigger maintenance money pits.

Also it's very time consuming and expensive, I'm turning wrenches almost daily installing stuff and cleaning.

Think of the price of the bike and tack on another $2000-$3000 for gear, insurnace, maintenance, parts, etc.

Unless you goo 100% cruiser the sport bike scene in fairly "diverse" BTW.

Don't niggers like Busas? They're easy to spot

Niggers love Busas.

It's the flashiest of all bikes, pretty much. Of course niggers love them.

I just bought a brand new RC 390. Riding is the best thing ever Holla Forums, anyone who says otherwise is a jew and a faggot.

That bike has big acceleration.

I thought that bike said "TRUMP" where it says "TIUMPH".

That looks slow.

Those are all HS grils.

If you want one to actually use, I recommend a shaft drive, they'll last forever and you'll have to rebuild the engine before you ever have to fiddle with the drive shaft.

What a gay

Just yesterday a friend of mine pointed out a spot with a flower bundle next to a road where an acquaintance of his died recently when a motorcyclist drove at his car from the side. His son was in the passenger seat and survived.

I don't recommend motorcycling.

my uncle died riding. And yet, every day i drive my car i wish i'd have made my motorcycle licence. Keep doing it.

If you want to learn how to fix bikes and ride them cheaply, I recommend getting an older air-cooled bike.
Parts are dirt cheap, they're easier to fix than liquid-cooled bikes and they'll run forever.

Last time I checked, you can get an older Honda CB750, a KZ650 or even an old Honda Rebel to start out with for under $1,000.

If you feel like getting into customizing bikes, you can build yourself a nice little Happening Cafe Racer out of one of those bikes and even take it on joy rides or cycle shows and not be embarrassed of what you ride.

The blonde's cameltoe says she's legal.

Bought your milk crate yet?

((kek, JK. It's a KLR thing))

Fucking ADVrider is the most cancerous community on the internet.

Enjoy your filthy rear wheel, filthy hands, spraying all the time, and $280 chain / sprockets bill every 2 years.

Shafts are heavy, yes. But damn it's nice just to drain the fluid and refill once a year. Takes 5 minutes and DONE. If you're going to be doing serious mileage you will grow to understand the beauty of the shaft.

Learn how to drive stick instead. I drive stick since I work in the shithole that is Miami. 3 years back some Dominican broke into my car & couldn't figure out how to drive it. This gave him so much trouble that he had to eventually bail, but by that time the cops had caught up with him.

That said, motorcycles are great, but you have to exercise more safety, maintenance, & security options when you have one. They're a big responsibility.

I have a klr 650. I like riding it, it makes me feel like a man, I get to take my life into my own hands, and commuting is easier. On the other hand, most people in the bay area drive like they're still in India/Mexico so I fear for my life driving around these fucks.

I haven't made any friends who ride, but I haven't really tried either.

I just took my bike to an ohv area and rode some gnarly ass trails. I dropped my bike a bunch but it was a blast and all I need to replace is my side mirror.

If anyone in the bay wants to ride, hmu fam

Sure, I will. There's a reason even BMW puts a chain on their high performance models. Maintaining a chain drive is hardly ever an issue if you just keep it up regularly.

tbh I always get the urge to accidentally nudge bikers with the front end (aka run them over) of my beater truck every time they downshift like faggots and weave around cars at 90 mph

I got my license on stick. Where I live… you either drive stick or you are sent home to change your tampon and clean up your purse.

I was gonna get one soon, my only issue is when it's snowing or raining.

Any bikers here have tricks to be safe when it's raining?

the only white one is the girl with the red bra, the rest are spics with indian/nigger genes

DO IT
Passed a year ago after lecturing numerous friends about how dangerous and stupid they are.
They are still dangerous and stupid, but the feeling you get is well worth the risk actually.
R6

sticks are fun as shit, its too bad everyone is texting while driving these days so its a bit more stressful

Modern tyres are excellent and you will be shocked by how much grip you have in the wet.
Only a fool breaks the 2 second rule, when it pours make it 4. (seconds between you and the vehicle in front.

motorcycleguyfallsslidesonbellythenflysintospace.webm

Because track bikes do what - 2500 miles per year? Most of these bikes are garage queens, or get sold / crashed within a couple of years.

Sure, it's a higher performance system, but it's also higher maintenance. And more expensive to operate. I have a DR with a chain. My other bikes are shafties. I've ridden the DR cross-country and back, but I hated worrying about the chain issues. My Yamaha with a shaft is "hop on a ride four corners" ready.

Oh no I'm not worried about stopping time, I'm worried about being able to see. Is it easier to see wearing a full face helmet or a half face? Or does rain get in the way of your vision anyway?

If it takes longer than 20 minutes to change your chain and sprockets you're a tremendous faggot. The cost is negligible in relation to the overall cost of owning a bike, unless of course you're an american who insists on riding a DR or KLR because you and your entire country is for some reason obsessed with riding terrible motorcycles.

I sold my bike because I'm a pussy and nobody knows how to drive.

Oh that, yeah it's a bit disconcerting at first, but you get used to seeing through a rainy visor. There are also products like rainex that make it run off easier, or you get gloves with a rubber wiper on the back of the thumb, which are good. Me I just turn my head to the side at anything above 60mph most water gets pushed to the side and your vision is clear again for a bit..

spotted the 'murrican

Thanks for the tips. How long does a bottle or rainex last on average?

Holy fuck.

A bottle of Rainx on a helmet visor would last several years. You only need to apply it in very small amounts once in a while.

Very helpful, thanks

Is there a source of that video or more like it? It's funny to see.

Do these things not exist in Cucknadia? I see a shit ton of parts for sale here but never a complete bike.

Why would you want that lego bike? It looks slow.

Rainex is just laquer, hairspray does the same thing anyway.Another way of dealing with it is to keep a sponge or rag stuffed in tennis ball attached to the bars. It's a non issue when you start riding anyway, I did 300 miles in torrential rain and howling gusty wind. It was the wind that mattered the most.

Where does the rider of that put his massive balls?

why would I not want one? Those engines are capable of making around 100hp if you replace just about every part on them.

Can they even break 10MPH?

This. Good to know how to. Definitely a learning curve on bikes.
I rode for nine months. Bro got t boned by a car and lost a kidney, his spleen, mangled his left hand, TBI, and broke his spine (don't know how the f he isn't paralyzed)
And got a nine vertebrae fusion.

That looks slow.

How fast?

I could probably lap it in my 2007 blazer.