Woman Wins $10,000 Lawsuit Against Microsoft Over Windows 10 Upgrades

A few days after Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public last year, (((Teri Goldstein's))) computer started trying to download and install the new operating system. The update, which she says she didn't authorize, failed. Instead, the computer she uses to run her Sausalito, California, travel-agency business slowed to a crawl. It would crash, she says, and be unusable for days at a time. "I had never heard of Windows 10," Goldstein said. "Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to update."

When outreach to Microsoft's customer support didn't fix the issue, Goldstein took the software giant to court, seeking compensation for lost wages and the cost of a new computer. She won. Last month, Microsoft dropped an appeal and Goldstein collected a $10,000 judgment from the company.

seattletimes.com/business/microsoft/microsoft-draws-flak-for-pushing-windows-10-on-pc-users/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hate window's as much as the next guy, but this sounds like some typical dumb, lying cunt, who upgraded by accident, caught a virus, and then blamed Microsoft. How could she have never heard about Windows 10? They run a fucking multi-million dollar marketing campaign across the internet, radio, television, and billboards.

Mainstream media, radio, television, and billboard advertisements are a trap for the goyim. Every Jew learns at the synagoge or at youth summer camps this, and they're supposed to actively guard against consuming advertising and certain forms of entertainment, doing their best to ignore and filter them out, lest they fall into the same trap as the goy.

I hope this sets a precedent for future lawsuits.

What are you an anti-semite, or something?

Your operating system damaged my computer! It would crash for weeks at a time! I had to be hospitalized from the stress I suffered!

The accident was not nuking (((Win10))) from the computer and installing Gentoo.
How can you blame her, (((Windows 10))) installs itself automatically?

yes

Oy vey. Microsoft gassed me six gorrilion times.

I can always blame (((her)))

Why not Fedora, or Mint? It's certainly possible to stop Windows 10 from installing automatically, isn't it? I'll be completely honest with you: I use Windows 7, and XP. I took a look at the threads here that told me how to wipe windows 10 install off (GNX I think), how to stop the telemetry on windows 7, and stop the keylogging. It wasn't difficult work.

Also, what's with the alt-right faggotry ((( ))) shit? I go on Holla Forums sometimes too, but that is an (((alt-right))) meme. You guys get that, right?

fixed and it is not a meme

I think it's cowardly. Just name the fucking Kike.

Hey guys, Goldstein is a filthy fuckign Yid piece of shit. See, you don't need le Plebbit rings.

Can they provide a normal desktop experience without the freedesktop glue (dbus, polkit & co.)? No.

not really. i work in a local repair shop and i get this issue a lot.

Do you also repair Jewish computers? Otherwise how can you tell?

all computers owned by the jews have a star of david etched into the motherboard.

Because average normie in a travel agency cares about that, right? I even use gentoo, but you're acting like a complete moron.

Seriously though, why not spread the idea that people ought to sue Microsoft?They are actually doing illicit things anyway. Let's get some class-action suits going.

>Click the red X, ignore it This means yes, by the way

As for it slowing down, I've heard that W10 doesn't work well on some laptops, such as the T420. I'm not installing W10 on mine to test it though.
I'm not a lawyer, but doesn't this set a precedent? If your OS is forced to update to a version that doesn't work, and you lose money because of it, you can sue away. Linux distros usually protect themselves with a "You are responsible for your own computer" clause somewhere, so that should mean no ricer sues the Arch community over his computer not working after an update. Windows is usually paid for, and that includes support, so if they don't support you after fucking you over you can sue.

No. The case was settled out of court.

Very nice.
Microsoft, Apple and Google must die. Every thing that delivers noticeable damage to them is a good thing.

M$ earns US$10'000 profit probably every second of the day. The amount is literally irrelevant practically speaking to them. It only holds symbolic importance if a million million customers decide to do the same. That would do real damage to them.

So, what does the term 'alt-right' mean to you user? TBH I can't seem to find a clear answer to that question.

thats it? thats like pocket change for the micro$hitters

Agreed, but the name for this practice, "Jewish cowbell", is a little lulzy.

Can someone please explain this (((meme))) thing? It looks ridiculous.

They're Holla Forums waves, it's like quotes but more exaggerated.

It's currying. It's a LISP thing.
Something about a show where whenever a Jewish name was spoken it had an echo. Holla Forums turned it into a way to hint that someone is Jewish. There's also a Chrome extension that adds the brackets.

because they're less autistic, so the meme has less effect

Debian or Fedora are ideal if you're a freetard who's not autistic enough for gentoo. If you're not a freetard, Ubuntu all the way

mint never

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Linux Mint is breddy gud though user.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get out

bingo make it a facebook meme

(((>>619905)))

Windows will automatically update to windows 10 now if you have automatic updates turned on.

very creepy. you can do a search and come up with thousands of results of people talking about how microsoft is the worst OS ever, and how windows 10 sends encrypted pictures of everything you are doing and sends text, and all your data and passwords to microsoft every 10 minutes.

windows 10 also uses the wifi password and gets deep into your internet and knows all the shit that's going on.

windows 10 is a virus.

we should all sue M$ for having to deal with their P.O.S. software at some point in life

This is quite common actually. Windows 10, even when it doesn't install, will leave processes running that can eat up 80% of your RAM and slow your computer to a crawl. You just have to remove the applicable updates. When Windows 10 is installed, it contains services that do the same shit and it's really annoying.

I think it saves time when pointing it out

Just remember: you have to have automatic updates on.

Are people seriously complaining that she's jewish? I don't see the big deal, I love bad things that happen to microsoft.

Just remember: microsoft doesn't give a shit if you change settings because they will just change them back "for you"

|
|>
|
|

Holy Christ, that woman has balls.

Who the fuck is jewing who here?

Goy here and ads never did anything for me, more often than not they ensure I'll never buy the product if the ad is annoying.

This. With the amount of lawyers Microsoft has, I imagine they would try counter-suing for "defamation" or other bullshit.

She won because she is a kike.

It's small claims court, if you show respect to the judge and your story makes sense you win.

Got a friend and I out of a tresspassing suit in small claims by being respectful and properly addressing the court, not dressing up like a slob and claiming that their weren't enough signs, with shitty photographs of the property edge (with signs deliberately out of the frame) to prove it.

Point is good luck winning a class action against jew lawyers if they choose not to settle.

this

I don't care if she's Jewish in this one specific scenario. I hate Microsoft so much I love bad things that happen to it, Microsoft shill.

Seriously, are people actually defending microsoft? Like what the hell.

My sides.

How's the weather in Tel Aviv, Rabbi?

It's microsoft, who gives a shit?

It's 'who gives a shekel?' not 'who gives a shit?'

This entire lawsuit is pretty funny to me.

The part about not knowing about Windows 10 sounds like a lie but I upgraded a desktop to 10 and it destroyed the hard drive so I believe the whole "windows ate my PC" part of the suit.

This is the most likely reason her computer failed.