Star Trek Thread - Punished O'Brien Edition

Any news on what is happening with Axanar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8SyyZPstIhc&list=PLtw1YawVavqJTmedCOooPbGx0CkrQVFkD
socialmatter.net/2016/01/25/undermining-progressive-utopianism-in-star-trek-the-next-generation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Star Trek fans realized their fan films were terrible and collectively vowed to never make another one.

Like JJAbrams?

Axanar will be two 15 minute segments on youtube in a settlement. Commenters have speculated that CBS new show Star Trek Discovery will feature the same basic plotline as Axanar, which is why they are so sue happy.

I wonder how much backlash that will incur?

If they put queers and nonwhites on the bridge the average trekkie will fap to it.

Not really, that was not what Trek was often about. If anything Star Trek has more arguments in line with Holla Forums than the left

I bet a lot because Axanar looked slick for a semi fan/professional movie. People were excitied for Axanar and most of the comments about STD are skeptical of yet another prequel entry into the franchise. Most Trekkies want something post Voyager.

After rewatching DS9, I have decided there is one character more punished than O'Brien.

Dukat.

But Dukat was an officer, a "leader", the punishment is part of the job description. O'Brien was just a normal guy trying to lead a normal life and avoid getting hassled by his wife. What did O'Brien do to deserve the punishment? (Other than be a straight white male)

O'Brien must suffer!

I think that's also one of the main reasons why CBS/Paramount decided to change the rules of fanfilms. Technology has changed, sets are easier to make, these days with a small team they can create fanfilms that don't look like a bunch of people LARPing in a garage.
I remember when Axanar released their first teaser, the people who made other Trek fanfilms were pissed.

Also, the other problem with Axanar is copyright law. Stuff like Star Trek should be in the public domain at this point and fan films should not be a problem. Axanar's main problem is that they used Star Trek to bootstrap a studio and give themselves paychecks. CBS is mostly right to go after them for that to be honest. But we also know that Axanar was going to do Star Trek better than the AIDS infested POZfest known as STD that is coming later this year.

Axanar's trailer looked much, much better than Paramount's official shitty STD trailer. That's why they sued.

How come every colony world wasn't a paradise like Earth?

Everyone in the Federation was equal, but the ones with wineyards in France, Earth were more equal than others.

i need klingon music (preferably songs)
so far i've just got these 4
youtube.com/watch?v=8SyyZPstIhc&list=PLtw1YawVavqJTmedCOooPbGx0CkrQVFkD

DS9 really was kind of redpilled on the whole Federation

I'd like to know how immigration inside the federation worked. If you were a colonial on some shitty fringe world and you weren't idealist nutcase that thinks the adventure of trying to maintain basic infrastructure is worth the risk of getting your life energy sucked out by a crystal being, could you just go to Earth and become a landowner?

So many things in the Federation that doesn't make sense or add up. Considering how much the Federation wanted to eradicate the Maquis for daring to leave the Federation one must suspect they rule with an oppressive iron fist, i.e. you have all the freedom in the world as long as you tow the line.

any good star trek vidya?

>>>Holla Forums
Although Klingon Academy is definitely Space Vidya Kino

How old are you?

you don't have much of a right to preach

Sorry but that's just a manchild hobby and everyone looks down their nose on you "gamers".

nobody actually calls themselves gamers anymore
get with the times grandpa

DROPPED
how current Holla Forums would react if it aired today. The least lib and lefty cunt captain in the star trek franchise. The best captain by a long shot but that's a given in the best star trek

bruh, ds9 is arguably the best star trek series, forget sisko, watch it for the space nazis and space jews

Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force, Star Trek - Elite Force 2, The Armada Series, A final Unity, maybe Away Team

Take a look at the spoiler you dunce. yeesh he was making a joke.

What TNG lacked in terms of aliens for its first few seasons was a proper dark mirror for the Federation, an alien society which represented what the Federation would be if it abandoned its liberal values. In TOS, both the Klingons and Romulans served this purpose. The Klingons represented the evil of the Soviet Union as 1960s liberals saw it, as Asiatic warmongers, even down to the mustaches.

Enter the Cardassians.

While the Federation believed hostilities ended, the Cardassians were preparing for a new, surprise offensive. When Maxwell forestalled their preparations, they used the threat of war to force the Federation into cleaning up the mess for them. Indeed, in diplomatic terms, the Federation comes off looking much the worse: to all appearances, the Cardassians dealt with them in good faith, but one of their captains nonetheless engaged in an unprovoked attack. The Cardassians are just as duplicitous as the Romulans, perhaps even more so, presenting a harmless front while quietly working to undermine their “partners” in any arrangement.

It is brought out in later episodes much more clearly just what makes the Cardassians different from the Federation: they have an exploitative mindset completely at odds with the Federation’s liberal ideals. The species most like the Cardassians is the Ferengi, those grotesque caricatures of avaricious capitalism, but unlike the Ferengi, the Cardassians are rapacious on a collective rather than an individual level. The Cardassian home world is extremely resource-poor, and Cardassian poverty has forced them not only to adopt a harsh, totalitarian regime but also to ruthlessly exploit their neighbors. This is seen most clearly in the case of Bajor, where the Cardassians enslaved the population and seized as many natural resources as they could get their hands on.

The Federation, with its liberal foundation, is completely unprepared to deal with this new adversary. As aggressive as the Klingons and as subtle as the Romulans, the Cardassians nonetheless participate in diplomacy, and they play the game far better than the Federation. In war, the Cardassians could be brutal, slaughtering even women and children, but they could at least be faced and defeated on the battlefield. With the conclusion of open war, the Federation finds that hostilities have not truly ended, and their adversaries wield peace as a weapon as skillfully as a master swordsman wields his blade.

socialmatter.net/2016/01/25/undermining-progressive-utopianism-in-star-trek-the-next-generation/

That was a really fucking gay read that a number of other people have already said for decades

>>>Holla Forums
Get out. Don't sully this thread with toy shit

All the fan filmmakers got jealous of the professional look of axanar. Bunch of insecure cunts would shit on it any chance they got and celebrated when cbs was bringing the lawyers

This. I remember reading this type of reaction in the comment section on Trekmovie. I couldn't believe that some trek fanboys would be happy to see other fans getting sued by CBS.

The gayest shit they ever did on DS9 was have Kira fall in love with Odo. I don't mind Odo looking at her longingly but it made no sense to me for Kira to harbor any feelings for Odo when that was obviously never the case prior to fans going all shipping.

I mostly hate relationship shit in my sci-if **because I'm bitter and alone and don't want to be reminded but i enjoy their relationship, especially that episode when she thinks odo is with them and then that 4d changeling pussy makes him forget what day it is. Plus that was best Kira era when she let her hair grow and dumped those fucking shoulder pads.

A lot of Star Trek fans are jealous autistic faggots.