Why does CN hire Tumblr trash?

Why does CN hire Tumblr trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/SPyM3
rule34.paheal.net/post/view/672882
instagram.com/p/BB6h9sZIQbx/
nps.gov/wori/learn/historyculture/abolition-womens-rights-and-temperance-movements.htm
archive.is/VAecU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enheduanna
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They work cheap and Cartoon Network burned every bridge they had with more established artists and creators.

Cartoon Real didn't ALMOST destroy the channel, it DID destroy the channel. Just not all at once.

I'm pretty convinced CN made the PPG reboot as shitty as they did because they're still salty over McCracken resigning from the company after 15 years.

Did their old guard really resign over the CN Real shit? Or were there other factors behind the scenes, like poor management?

I assumed these were the only people applying for the job. But now I think it's their management essentially becoming toxic.

I'm pretty sure it was behind the scenes shit, Genndy hated the way CN treated SBT and quit the company after that show got cancelled.

No wonder he e–mailed Lazzo and not any of the CN heads because he knew Lazzo would say yes to season five of Jack and the CN executives would turn him down.

Nepotism.

Next question.

How long do you think before this shit backfires on them?

Takes a while. It's just like letting streetshitter into your company.

Is there ANYBODY on planet Earth that actually thinks modern CN is better than old CN? I don't even think the execs think this. I don't even think dyed-hair Tumblr faggots even think this, they're too weak to nostalgiafaggotry to think this.

These things go in cycles, so it might be a few years before everyone completely burns out on this calarts, noodle arm, LOLSOCIALMEDIA, bullshit.

The path that Adventure Time went down and the PPG reboot are more or less two of the four horsemen of the apocalypse for modern CN.

I remember when I would use to make fun of the original Ben 10, now it and Generator Rex are way better than what CN is putting out now.

Are there still any action cartoons on the network?

It should be telling with some of their big three talents, Craig McCracken, Genndy Tartakovsky, and Rob Renzetti, are all working for different companies now.

Yes. CNReal lead to the cancellation of many cartoons and the firing of many long term staff members, which disgusted a lot of people, McCracken especially.

He had this to say about it on his Twitter in April 2015:

And now, Disney employs most of CN's old talent. Good job CN.

Never before have I really appreciated Mike Lazzo's position at Adult Swim. He gets a lot of shit, but he can put whatever he wants on that block, and sometimes that works out for the best.

nope
Ben 10 was a shitty show from the beginning that was setup specifically to start a franchise and the show's creator "Man of Action" made it painfully obvious and dropped the ball when he started promoting his nonexistent fanbase to boost the shows ad populum like he was making the next Pokemon or some shit
Amazing animation quality, unique premise and an interesting cast of characters, its writing was just too shitty to carry it along though
I agree though, both those mediocre shows are significantly better than anything CN pushed out in the last few years

Kinda funny really, I used to be a huge 90's fag and I made fun of 2000's CN but now looking back on it it's so much better than the shit we have now.

At least Genndy and McCraken still worked there and at least Genndy was given a chance to experiment with Jack at the time.

Now it's just Tumblr and lol random hipster shit.

The only way it will burn out is if Western media can find a new way to fund their cartoons. For the longest time it was dependent on toy sales, but since the economic crash, that's no longer viable, which lead to the rise of tumblrshit.

Generator Rex was shit. The moment I saw a talking, organ-grinder monkey with an eyepatch, I knew it was too retarded to live.

I really miss old CN with Hanna Barbara and Warner Bros cartoons. Fuck this stupid idea dividing their cartoons with Boomerang.

I just don't get it. Even with lower salaries due to rock bottom CalArts failures, they must be taking a loss because Tumblr doesn't buy anything because they're idiot hipsters, so I don't get how going their current route is making them money.

Are you fucking kidding me? Timblr is home to the biggest fanboy cocksuckers on the planet, most of them are rich snobby pieces of shit from San Francisco who main on Macbooks

Joseph Barbera died on December 18th, 2006, almost 2007

The general consensus among most people is that CN took a major shit around 2007

Coincidence?

Are you telling me that you DON'T enjoy pokemon and Johnny test reruns on boomerang all day every day?

He's saying CN was better off when Warner Bros and Hanna Barbera had most creative control over its content instead of splitting away to Boomerang you stupid autist

Fucking hell. Again?

Who cares if they buy anything? This is television.

All Cartoon Network is concerned with is selling advertising space. They're probably even pitching it as "this is what all the Twitter kids are watching", giving nod to the great Moloch of western entertainment.

OH GOD THAT YEAR, THAT DREADFUL FUCKING YEAR! WHY?!

7 year cycles, my friend. It's a thing that some civilizations have believed in for a long, long time.

Notice that 2014 was the year that shit finally started changing? At the time it just looked like random chaos, and shitposting, but in retrospective, all that GG shit led to the eventual collapse of clickbait journalism, the rise of meme magic as a force that the FBI fears, the creation of the "alt right" and the popularization of the term "regressive left"

If we live to 2021, we're going to see some serious shit.

They don't even air that anymore. It's just more modern shit, like Wabbit, The Tom and Jerry Show(I swear, somebody at CN wants to fuck Jerry), Be Cool Scooby Doo, Peanuts, and, of course, CN's power duo: Teen Titans Go! and Amazing World of Gumball.

After avoiding Cartoon Network for about three years(save randomly watching Toonami), I was horrified to learn that almost 90% of Cartoon Network's air time is comprised of those two shows. It's madness.

If you can't detect the massive levels of sarcasm in that post then I'm not the one that's a stupid autist.

On boomarang they do. I tuned in last month and they had 4 Johnny Test episodes back to back and a bunch of pokemon following it.

Also Gumball is great.

2007 was a shit year for cartoons, but man, what a year for vidya.

Yeah, it was a shit year for video games as well.

That was last month. The latest schedule doesn't have Johnny Test, only horrors like Be Cool Scooby Doo. Though Pokemon is still there.

The original Cartoon Cartoons are regulated to late hour spots where the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons where, which are now completely extinct on that channel.

Fucking sucks.

Newfaggot fuck someone post "the picture" please to show the new guy

Also you have really bad taste in vidya if you liked that hand-holding shit with cheap licensed music hipsters eat the shit out of because "hurr so retro!"

People only hype that game up because of the twist near the end. Which wasn't even that groundbreaking of a twist. 'You're actually doing bad things' has been used several times in games, and for a good reason since no on really questions why they're doing anything in a video game once someone just tells them what to do.

The setting was nice and very detailed, but the final boss wasn't very good, the moral system that it prided itself on wasn't very robust– just amounted to Press X for Good Y for Bad, and the endings associated with these are so jarring it's almost laughable. Not to mention I remember it kinda labeled itself a more thinking man's type shooter with being able to lay traps and use water and oil environments with plasmids. But that falls apart immediately as there's no point to be a thinking man; just go in guns blazing and if you die you just respawn at the vita chamber every 20 feet.

The setting's nice, the characters are nice, and shooting bees from the hands are nice. But everything else is way overhyped. I wish I played the original System Shock games for a more a basis on comparison, but that's all I got
Oh, and I didn't like the waypoint marker either. I think waypoint markers really take the fun out of exploring a world–especially one that's as interesting as Rapture. I think a good stand out point is where you have to find the fire plasmid but you're not waypointed there–you gotta just figure it out with some exploration.

Fuck, now I'm starting to miss the days when CN aired Naruto, Ben 10 and Johnny Test non stop.

Let that sink in.

How long until they put burly men hurrying to have anal sex before they have to take a shit will be put into children's cartoons? I know there are plans to teach 7th graders about this shit in my country already but I can't wait till this becomes mainstream.

wew lad

Just want to add to this.

I get that no one really watches TV reruns anymore, but why aren't the classic Looney Tunes more easily accessible online? I know there's shit like YouTube, but browsing that is a disjointed mess.

They wanted to directly compete against Disney and Nick, basically

Hahaha
HA HA HA

On the other hand, depending on whether or not he personally okayed the Mooninite promotional, he may have been indirectly responsible for all of CN's current problems.

That's one bad point which comes from splitting off from CN. They got a archive of cartoons. Instead doing many reruns of the same cartoon on one day. Why don't they put many different cartoons one by one from different generations? Of course I miss some cartoons some even never got released on DVD.

Because Tumblr is their audience at this point. Look at how most of the cartoons they fawn over nowadays are from CN. Note how they'll gobble up the merchandise based on said cartoons. They're oversized piggy banks at this point.

Doubtful, but that's because old CN is really, really hard to top. There are a fair number of people who would argue that modern cartoons in general, not just CN, are at one of the best points they've ever been at.

Because they are cucks. Yeah I know, overused term. They are mostly SJWs, and what I learned so far is they like to make themselves seem more important and more popular than they should. So if they take the paycut, yet be able to work with a company like CN, they will do it. All they want to do is look like the """""""cool kid""""""""" at the table. Probably due to them not having a good childhood or something. Also, it helps that they have connections with the others who worked with the same person who was like a clean up artist and an in between artist and get the job in that fashion (i.e Rebecca Sugar and that Pendelton Ward fag). So they go through that, and if they play there cards right, then they get a new show.

Now I don't understand what the suits see in this as being a good thing because I guess they are retaining the same ""good"" ratings as it was prior, but maybe they just see this as a "Well if they tweet about this and they are saying good things about this on Dumblr then everything is ok right?"; yet hiring these people are destroying their credibility of working with them or hiring respectful artist, writers, and studios with better talent, in which they will go and work with the other companies. So who is left to work with them?

The cuck, CalArts, Tumblr fan gathering, SJWs, hipster, late 90's nostalgiafaggotry workers.

So, CN create this future. Now they have to live through it.

Maybe it's just the beard, but is that the same guy from the "cheesy lasagna" comic?

Except they were just copying them without creating anything unique, which is indicative of suits running the asylum.

They could've done something like the Aquabats Super Show and been more successful WITHOUT alienating their core audience.

That's a lot of buzzwords there boyo.

Oh god, he might be the same artist.

No, their audience is still boys 8-13. Tumblr is peripheral.

There's a reason they show Teen Titans Go! so often. It's really popular in their target demographic.

Is it really? I mean I remember them using that excuse when they aired UA and AF non stop.

Yeah, it is. When you think of Tumblr sales, you're thinking of toys and maybe some clothing.

When you're talking about kids, however, there's a whole gamut of products to sell. You have toys and clothes, sure, but also backpacks, binders, notebooks, food promotionals, and lunchboxes.I'm probably missing some since I'm not a parent and it's been well over a decade since I was in high school, let alone elementary school.

Hell, the Flintstones have probably brought in most of its profits through its line of children's vitamins.

Yeah I know, but the point still remains. They will suck a dick, and let them fuck their wives/husbands just to get some popularity. So that is the reason why CN hire hipsters. They are cheap and easy.

You were right, man.
archive.is/SPyM3

I sincerely hope this is a troll

yup, its the same fucking guy

fucking hell

Probably a Summerfag with shit taste in vidya who doesn't know the Curse of 2007

These were fucking great

take wild guess

Did Cartoon Network have the best music that could be real music?

Another reason CN hires tumblr trash is because the execs are the kinds of douchebags that believe animation is for kids only and tumblrinas share that sentiment. Fucking disgusting.

I cant be the only one saw the fall of CN coming. It started with disney and having all the terrible live shows, but disney always had that kind of terrible shit. Nickelodeon eventually succumbed to it to, it was only inevitable that cartoon network would fall as well.
It managed to last it out for awhile, but its gone now. Now there are no good cartoon stations left. At least we have the internet, and memories.

Not sure if you've noticed, but tumblrfags write their shows like if they were to become the next Sailor Moon or HNK, they really aim to have the same success, they don't give a single fuck about younger audiences

Yeah there's rarely games that make you feel like you did something wrong by playing it.

One game that at least added an easter egg for if you tried doing what was 'right' instead of trying to play the game was Far Cry 4, where you're told to wait for a helicopter at the beginning and if you wait long enough the helicopter comes and you win the game.

I think CN's executives have gotten into the mindset that they need to sell toys for the most part and they also like the idea of making shows that appeal to kids and adults. The noodle art cartoons make for symbol designs for plushies and fanart which also probably seems a plus.

There's also little chance of any fuck ups with the animation in Korea will matter as the art is all over the place to begin with.

It all seems like the main concern is likely keeping costs as low as possible and banking on the low quality animation being appealing for lolrandomness.

The power of social media.

I want to die.

For those unwilling to click the link, this is Drew Green.

This is the man CN hired to make cartoons.

Fucking how ?
How this faggot got a job at CN ?

Yeah, and whenever you criticize their writing they tend to pull the "Why do you care? This is for kids!" argument.

Holy shit, we meme this guy into fame.

The horror…the horror….

…WHAT WE HAVE DONE ?

You know exactly why they hired him.

It's that one line that moves the comic from being generic tumblr shit to eldritch horror levels.

I agree with you for the most part, but you're wrong about the twist.

The twist isn't 'You're actually doing bad things', it's more 'Your character actually has no free will'. The interesting thing about the plot is how it uses the tropes associated with the shooter genre (silent protagonists, getting mission info from a disembodied voice in a headset, forced linear progression) to tell a story where these conventions are actually pertinent to the events that take place.

The story falls apart once the twist happens and your character is apparently freed from these limitations, yet is still bound to them because they're linked to the gameplay. The plot shifts, but because it's too demanding the genre conventions have to remain the same, even if it doesn't make sense narratively.

It's well known that Holla Forums is really, really bad at meme magic.

Which is how we've become Holla Forums's resident sith lords.

I.. don't get the sith lord part

Me neither, What are you getting at user?

Thanks for that user, now the rest of my day is ruined.

The fuck do you even mean?
That WAS real music, by real bands Okay, so Hipster indie-rock groups from California, but they still had careers outside of cartoons

nigger what?

At least he's working on a smaller show (Mighty Magiswords) and therefore has less of a chance of getting his own show than someone working on AT/RS/SU

I was talking about some of the music videos lads

my bad, thought you referenced the images with the tracks and artists on them.

because they'll work for next to nothing, they ahve already conformed to everyone else's standards, and will follow orders without question. Plus as long as they can push their retarded ideologies, they're happy to be shit on by their employers. They'll just ineffectually bitch about it in a passive aggressive manner on tumblr while the evil rich white guys they complain about make bank off their backs.

If they bitch too loudly, they can be fired or accused of rape by their fellow tumblrina drama mongers, and be replaced by more hipster SJW tumblrina trash who can mimic the same art style, as, let's face, it, the rest of fucking tumblr.

I though the world was going to hell, but it seems we have already passed it

Didn't the creator of Clarence get shit on by the other people working at CN after he went apeshit? Even though he was bipolar and was known to do shit like this?

I like how even Erika's face is even cringing uncomfortably. Like some self-awareness is showing through.

Yep. But he was a filthy white male, and a poor oppressed womyn needed to win the oppression olympics that day, the rest went at him like a pack of hyenas.

I honestly don't blame McCracken for resigning now, because the CN workplace sounds like a goddamn toxic place to work in. At least Disney keeps these idiots at bay.

Every fucking time.

McCracken resigned before AT happened

It's almost like he knew the company was gonna go down the shitter, so he ran and never looked back.

Maybe they just didn't like WOY

I'd say it went down the shitter when they cancelled Billy and Mandy. That was the last decent show they had.

Considering the state of their current programing? Yeah I'd say that's a high possibility.

A family-friendly show that appeals to children and adults alike and I don't mean "adults" as in Tumblrites or anonymous faggots, I mean actual parents with benign, timeless humor and very few pop culture or obscure cultural references that will fly over the audience's heads (like Sylvia's species name coming from The Golden Girls or the Mrs. Doubtfire cosmic turtle) references? Oh, and it's animated extremely well by a master of the craft?

Of COURSE CN hated it.

No, they just didn't like cartoons. See

Surprising no one, cartoonists who can't get any work are going to jump ship. CN basically burned their bridges with the cartoon establishment.

devo and tmbg are far from hipster, you trashlord.

Oh fuck I forgot about this show, what's funnier is that CN was building this up as their next big hit yet the movie/pilot was received poorly by critics and viewers and the show was somehow even worse.

Our meme magic is powered by our collective hatred. All of our energies are put toward increasing our hatred, and thus our dark powers.

Soon, we will rule all of Holla Forums, neigh, the entire Chanosphere with the power of our absolute hatred.

Sad.

He deserves punishment for creating something this.
How would one even punish a cuck anyway?
Force them to fuck their own wife?

wut

also you can't force yourself to fap to shit you can't get off of
I wonder how long it's going to take until the bubble bursts

Considering how the show was pitched to Disney at first, I think it was initially planned to be Disney characters since the main plot involves a kid getting half of a frozen cartoonists brain inside of him

But of course Disney rejected it so he pitched it to CN

Exactly what I meant, including Apples In Stereo and TMBG

For understandable reasons. Disney never liked the "Disney is cryogenically frozen" urban legend.

Still, the idea does have potential, especially if actually apply it to Hanna-Barbera. Now I'm imagining instead of Disney expies, the kid has hallucinations of the fucking BANANA SPLITS.

You know what else happened in 2007?

The 2007 Writers Guild Strike.

I remember watching snippets of the show. Like the sped up editing for the slapstick. Of course everyone else is gonna go "Bro this show was high" It was of course. It was the 70's

Maybe lock them in a room where they can't see or hear their wife being gang banged?

Ddin't this guy also make a comic about that weird rubber penis for women to pee through?

Nope (He only made one comic for Oh Joy Sex Toy)

What was it about?

this

At least he didn't draw a twenty something male cartoon character violently and bloodily raping another male character who is 15 at the oldest

IT
KEEPS
HAPPENING

You know, I'd like to see a world where CN never went full Cartoon Real. Like, if someone went back in time to kill the person that pushed all that shit.
Where would we be now? What kind of things would happen with the Butterfly Effect? Would SJWs not have the grip on the Western world that they do? Would Spongebob have died by now? Would vidya and comics be in a better shape, too?

CN real had little to do with the SJW agenda. It was just around the time SJWs started getting into the internet, College Safe Space Culture was around in very small niche circles since at least the 90s. the recession, followed by SJWs learning how to take advantage of the internet to push their cancer to the mainstream, to Obama getting in the white house, is what drove western civilization into madness

The Banana Splits was an amazing show.

Sure, it has little to do with it, but think of the butterfly effect. Other people have pointed this out in the thread, that the reason these people are hired is because CN burned all bridges with good cartoonists and had to hire these retards.
So, in a world where CN real never happened, would they never have been hired?

I would imagine not, and CN would probably be in better shape than even Nick or Disney XD are in right now. Since they both took CNs old animators, if they were never fired, the talent would've stayed. CN might have attracted more competent talent since then instead of the SJ trash it has now. Hell, Disney XD might have never become a thing and Nick would probably lose out to CN viewer wise forcing them to focus more on live action themselves, but since Nick is actually competent at these things CN would probably be one of the few sole cartoon channels on TV. It would be glorious

Maybe. Before Craig McCracken left the company, he and Rob Renzetti were trying to put together another "What A Cartoon!" type show called Cartoonstitute, meant to foster talent for Cartoon Network. CN cancelled this venture of course, only approving the Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa shorts for syndication.

If that venture succeeded, I'm sure it would've changed cartoons for the better. It would've weeded out the weak ideas and given a lot of these people the much needed non-"safe space" experience needed to temper them into real animators.

Thank lord Boomerand Latin America kept most of the WB, Hanna-Barbera and Cartoon Cartoons stuff.

Shit, meant tooncast.

Guess they had to change to another name since the older boomerang became a dumpster for Live-action for teens

I saw this as the shift from the old CN staff, to the new. A lot of the "old time" CN guys left after this. Maybe because their pilots weren't picked up?

2007 wasn't that great for vidya did give us The Orange Box, which I'm sure people will still try to twist into a bad thing because "hurr cake memes".

Spore was 2008.

Here's the deal. First it was divided into CN and Boomerang and all was okay-ish up to that point, but then Claudia Key took control of it and they began to put shitty Aussie shows late night, just at the same time an anime-only channel called Animax began putting old movies in smth called Recycle (Key also controled this channel).

As time passed more and more cartoons were pushed out of the schedule in favor of teen shows and movies, until Boomerang was a teen grill channel. When that happened they made yet another division and created Tooncast, which is pretty much Boomerang with another name.

Btw Claudia Key got sacked, but it was too late and she effectively killed TWO channels before going.

Yeah, I never recall those teen dramas ever being popular here in Latin America

Who thought that was a good idea in the first place ?

A woman.

Animax would have had some success if it wasn't a pay chanbel and instead was open. Spics are massive weebs and it had some good shows. Same goes for Tooncast.

It's because Cartoon Network was putting more resources into CNREAL than their cartoons. When asked about it, Craig McCracken basically said that CN didn't have any money for the project, which is why it was cancelled.

McCracken quit that same year.

But then they would be generic CN shows, rather than unique Disney shows

Also they didn't have Fred Seibert

Was that the year Ed Edd and Eddy ended too?

back when Animax SA was a thing the fans constantly claimed that the company should air more shows with subs, as it would be faster than dubbing them

But as usual they got ignored, which led to constant reruns and eventually , when Ms Key shitted all over it removing animus and placing teen dramas and shit like "Thats my Bush"

lets say 2007
season 6 was one episode so that doesn't count

Wasn't that a Comedy Central show by Parker/Stone?

Animax became a dumpster for live-action shit that nobody watched, only FMA and a few other animus remained if I recall correctly
Worst decision they ever did…

look for frogs. Frogs are significant. For instance, 2006 the WB ended, the ending of the frog.

Any cartoons with a lot of frogs in them?

And even then FMA lasted that much because spics loved it Fuck FMAB, even the spic dub wasn't as good as the original and no one cared about it, which is why I say Animax would have fared better if it were an open channel.vA good solution would have been airing with subs and then air dubs once they're avaible, but no….

Key killed the animu chanbel and classic cartoon chanbel.

For Harvey Beaks on Nick, C.H. Greenblatt scouted out and hired mostly noob artists from Tumblr and HB has no weird Tumblr politics or any politics at all. It's also a pretty well animated show with a nice aesthetic. I think there should be a differentiation between an artist who has a Tumblr and a "Tumblr artist." The worst that you can say about HB is that it can be boring if you don't like SoL shows.

HB also has a frog in it…

Spore was shit.

I recognized it straight away, this will not end well for them if people actually see the shit he makes. This guy is a degenerate's degenerate

Safe space bullshit predates the 90s, it was originally a term for sexual abuse stuff.

SJWs also come from pre-90s. It's a built in part of feminism.

They have been around for 100 years minimum, but it's buried in the rewriting of history and every fucktard who says "only third wave feminists are bad, equality is a good thing!"

Every tribe works together to hire it's own tribe members and put them in positions of power. SJWs are a tribe. It only takes 1 of them to have a daddy in the industry or who has a friend in the industry and the flood gates open. It's how all this shit works and why Hollywood is filled with Jews.

How the fuck did they expect that to get picked up by them by referencing that? It was pretty obvious even OOJH, that the characters were clear Disney character knock offs, but having them be the actual characters like Mickey, Minnie, etc for the original Disney pitch seems like your asking for failure.

Nice to see someone else here knows of Joe Murray's Frog in a Suit series.

The episode with the Tree Spirits has the character of Perri Perri going "I just love strong female characters" and Harvey replying "Who doesn't?"

So yeah……

It's normal for artists to have a Tumblr to display their artwork. Notice he doesn't mention his triggers or preferred pronouns.

Someone post the GRRM edit

They were just trying to be funny?

Interesting, that explains a lot about the current writing of cartoons.

This right here, is the man you're defending and the kind of work he is best known for. Still wanna die on this hill faggot?

Reality TV went big.

Faggot. But yeah the comic is fucking shit.

The /mu/tants are the real sith meme lords, all those dead singers mang.'

Dare I ask?
Is it well drawn, and for a faggot's taste, fappable?

Notice how the tumblr trash they hire always have the same ugly art style? At least drawings like these have a much nicer aesthetic to them than most of the calarts shit nowadays.

I think it's to come off as conformist as possible and for males like that fucker is to come off as non-threatening as possible as possible.
'
All it does is make me wish there was a way to hurt things from across the net.

There's meme magic, but it's still in development.

See for yourself

rule34.paheal.net/post/view/672882

Meme magic must grow at a steady rate, if it gets too powerful, it will be uncontainable and could start altering reality, throwing everything into chaos.

Trump retweeted a picture of hillary with a star of david recently. If that isn't meme magic, I don't know what is

You need to fucking kill yourself for worshiping that disgusting kike.

don't beat yourself over this one, he was already well off into fame by being friends with the right people.

Meme magic is too strong a force for a Yakutian hand-puppet forum like us to bear, there has to be restrictions enforced to prevent a power leakage.

You need top meme wizards controlling and keeping a limit on it. There's a reason Holla Forums is known for handling meme magic, especially since it's slowly but surely surfacing out of the chan and into reality. We can't have guys from Holla Forums controlling meme magic or else it'd just be every airplane crashing with no survivors and GOT actresses becoming some sperg's waifu.

How many high-tier memetic wizards do we have?

Because it's much easier for them to hire shitty hipster trash that work for cheap than legit artists who put time and effort into their work.

But everything about that character was a lie.

Some strong female hero

Because the ideal human form (that is often depicted in animation, stylization and all) offends them.

always this year

Probably the last good year. The decline was so sharp. Now what was a mediocre or bad video game in 2004 is a good game in 2016

Fucking kill yourself

No, you kill yourself.

Check those trips, pleb

>>>/cuckchan/

Nigger, I hope you talk about Infinite.

OH GOD ITS CHEESE LASAGNE MAN

The only Bioshock game even a little worth playing is 2, and that's because you can roam around drilling people into gibs.

Where did I say that? I played it for the setting.

Yeah, if you enjoy every stage (which are seperated from each other in Bioshock 2) ending with the same Big Sister shit happening… but hey, the scene where you play a Little Sister was interesting.

Fuck my life.

But the main Tree Spirit guy ends up feeling bad and then lies about the story being true to please the ungrateful little shit.

How is this guy Tumblr trash? Genuine question

JUST LOOK AT HIM

What did he do that makes him Tumblr trash?

He's not one of those tumblrina feminists, is he?

>>>Holla Forums

Yeah the show is like that sometimes. Adults lie to please whiny kids (or whiny adults). It's a fact of life. There's something to be said about a show having characters that have certain opinions or take certain actions, and a show that pushes and endorses certain opinions and actions. I had to debate in college against a dyed-in-the-red, problem-glasses-wearing woman who was arguing Heart of Darkness was racist because some of the characters in the book were racist, which is total bull. Just because Harvey is a goody-two-shoes doesn't mean the show is endorsing that. The whole show is about him being corrupted by the imp twins.

Just a funny story, when somebody asked Greenblatt on Tumblr what he looked for when hiring people for HB, he said "a bulge," which scared some people because it was "sexist" and did he really think only men could be good animations?!?

1) that generic, tired art style
2) created the most disgusting Oh Joy, Sex Toy comic, which is an extremely challenging thing to do

t. regular /furry/ browser. Never been as disgusted by anything I've seen there as by his OJST comic.

I mean, if you want to get into the "all art is subjective" standpoint, we can go there, but if you go there there's no point is actually asking why we think his attachment to a project is bad, since it's just our individual subjective opinions that we're in agreement on.

Oh Joy Sex Toy is about Sex. Of course it has 'icky' parts. You don't read it expecting Pure Aryan Nazi comics like Holla Forums wants. All art is subjective, yes, but all humor is too.

You just sound like you hate women, dude.

1/10
Keep trying

Typical normalfags drawings. I see this kind of drawings everytime by bored non-artists.

What are you, gay?

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
You look in the dictionary of the word "overrated" and you will find the cover of Atlas Shrugged next to its definition.

It was one of the worst things I have been forced to read. I truly felt I lost time of my life on that shitty book. You can skip any number of pages without losing nothing of the story; hell, I've even seen and read autistic fanfiction with better context than Atlas. And the book its so arrogant towards the reader that is incapable of seeing 2 inches beyond his fucking nose.

I hope you're burning very well in the depths of Hell, you fucking jewish turbo bitch

You can dismiss me, but some day you'll have to look in the mirror.

I hope you unlearn this shit one day.

The woman who was pushing that died from a "mysterious sickness". When that happened, I posted as the spy from TF2 before it became Hat Fortress Autism Concentrated, insinuating that Holla Forums had her eliminated for endangering Justice League or something.

instagram.com/p/BB6h9sZIQbx/

I think the lumberjack is cuteBut that shirt needs to be burned

I don't know where you guys are getting this information. I've been trying to get work at Cartoon Network for years now and the Turner jobs site doesn't even list jobs like storyboard artist or character designer. I've been completely ignored. Is the real deciding factor having a tumblr page?

But seriously, telling people to kill themselves over what they consume is high level faggotry.

Bumblr is a good place to get your work out there, but really it's just connections.

Right now these faggots all run in the same clique.

The truth of our reality is poison to the soul.

Keep your shitty pixel-art off my flag

screencapped and saved. you could be right in a very dangerous way. but if this was the case what happened in 2000?

judging someone based on what social networking site they use is like judging someone for what kind of dildo they choose to fuck themselves with. Don't pretend you are better than anyone or special just because you come here.

So I guess they found us?

awww user are you sad that people with different opinions than yours are in your safe space?

That's a shitty hill to die in.

The Dot-com bubble burst. Also DeviantART was launched. For politics, that was the year Bush won the presidency over Gore, culminating in the Supreme Court stopping the recount in Florida.

The "seven years" curse is rule of thumb; it can start or end a year early or late either way. 2001 got us 9/11 and Bush's War on Terror paving the road for liberals to inherit and abuse the very government overreach powers they spent a full decade insisting they hated until the tables turned.

anons fee-fees got hurt cause his safe space was invaded :(

Here, have some attention.

The "success" of Adult Swim's live-action programming might be to blame too

Just how fucking degenerate does a comic strip have to be in order to be that fucking gross?

It's not about how disgusting the content is, it's how hard they try to normalize otherwise logically disgusting behavior. Take this one, for example. Even if you ignore three gay furries that are about to go fuck each other and all the shit that comes with that, the idea that they're trying to make reasonable the notion of pissing on themselves and one another is degenerate. And I don't mean the go-to phrase, I mean something that actually shows a decrease of morals or ethics. It's trying to take something that is not only unsavory but outright unhealthy and painting it in an innocent light, even going so far as to outright lie to achieve that end.

Urine is disgusting. It's your body's waste, and there is a very good reason for need to fucking filter it before drinking it as a last-resort. On top of that it reeks, and can cause infections. It's completely natural, expected even, to want to avoid piss in the same way you'd probably want to avoid eating your own shit.

TL;DR trying to rationalize disgusting behavior is way more disgusting than the behavior itself.

…I never ate any lasagne in my life, and because of this fucking comic, I never will.

What line was it, again?

I will never understand why people are trying to normalize these disgusting behaviors, and pretty much never will. This looks like the kind of shit you'd find on an ED page.

It probably is, honestly. It's a keen example for a lot of different pages

i want to die

welcome to my world, I have to deal with these degenerate types daily

try >>>/fukemo/ or >>>/kemono/ for less degeneracy.

thanks. current board is full of horrors and filth

Ah, you're welcome. Here's a pretty good heads-up on furry boards.

IT'S COMPLETELY STERILE
IGNORE THESE VIRUSES AND BACTERIA THAT YOU MIGHT ENCOUNTER BY GUZZLING FROM THE GOLDEN RIVER

Artists associate with other artists of similar skill level. Look at twitter, talented people have other talented people in their circle. So when you hire hipster art school dregs they'll only bring in more of their own ilk.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

The studio head once admitted CN is very insular when it comes to picking up shows

I have yet to see anybody with actual talent follow someone with the same talent that they have.

Spore's development was actively sabotaged by half the dev team. No wonder it came out bad.

What the fuck. This makes me wonder why Oni Press thinks it's ok to waste money for publish this repulsive garbage.

Because it's trendy!

gotta love how he used the potato face

JUST

Oni Press is a Portland company. They're pozzed to the gills

kill me and then everybody else

I think about this comic sometimes. It's horrifying. I feel like those people on Tumblr that bitch about their triggers.
Gay furries guzzling piss is my trigger.

Feeling a natural disgust isn't being triggered, it's being someone who isn't disgusting.

Such as? I'm raking my brains real hard here, but I struggle to remember even one of them.

About the only thing worse than people who define themselves by their fandoms are people who define themselves by their fetishes.

Of course furries tend to include the worst of these because they're both. (though the furries who deny it's all about sex tend to be the worst of the lot)

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

No, 175 years! Here's a .gov even talking about first wave feminism and the Temperance Movement. Which lead to the constitutional ban on alcohol in the US for awhile.

nps.gov/wori/learn/historyculture/abolition-womens-rights-and-temperance-movements.htm
archive.is/VAecU

POUR IT ON THE GROUND

No user deserves that kind of suffering.

It was this fag? God I have seen this before but realizing that he draaws CHILDREN CARTOONS now is disgusting.

WE THROWDOWN

pretty sure it used to be that CN was more the place you put whatever you wanted, be it a kids cartoon or adult one (mostly saved for their late night block)

of course the company originally started as an east coast one (fairly certain the New York and Atlanta offices were opened before the Burbank one), so they didn't have to deal with the shitty tumblr-tier artists because they seem to flock to california back then and especially now

yeah, that's how it should be, but it's not. it's been about toy sales ever since shit like Thundercats, He-Man, G.I. Joe, and Transformers made their toy advertisements into a long running show

perfect example is if you look at Sym-Bionic Titan. it was a good, well loved show that the network only put out for a single season because they didn't think that it would sell any toys or anything

well, there are a ton of ways you can fund it

DVD sales is a good one, albeit it's more of a post-funding that can only save your show if you get family guy level sales

other than that I can think of stuff like apps, games, trading cards (they're still popular, right?), etc.

the only shows that seem to touch this market are Steven Jewniverse, Adventure Time, and Rick and Morty as far as I can tell. and all of them just kinda use shitty phone games

there's also comics deals, which all of those shows i mentioned above do. you can make a novel based on your show

last thing i can think of is merch, which is kinda weak

sequel was better

this isn't bara, this isn't even shitty yaoi. this is fat, gay sex in the form of cartoons because this tumblrite doesn't know how to draw anatomy even as well as the shitty ass japanese and wapanese

who the fuck keeps hiring these perverts that make shitty porn and post it publicly in their name

mostly the art style as far as i can tell

it's kinda that same generic shit you see in steven universe

and I'm sure you like Chris-chan's sexy drawings, right?

if you can't get anatomy, please don't try drawing sex

if you really want to get hired, here's what you do

try to have an easy-to-access portfolio online for potential employers to find. it'll show them just what you're capable of and what they can expect from you

as bad as the community is on these, tumblr and blogspot are both decent for this kind of stuff, but I'd ultimately recommend trying to get your own website for it. facebook is also a pretty decent way to use it, but it can get lost in your other stuff

no one really wants a stagnant artist, so you should try to do different things with your art from time to time

give yourself challenges. try something new every now and then

are you good with drawing anatomy? try some architecture. are you good with drawing with a pencil? try some watercolor paintings

this will get your name out there and will give you a lot of motivation to work on these kinds of projects. on top of that, many contests in animation and art have pretty great prizes

as bad as it's been with allowing shits like sucrose and ward get their foot in the door, networking is great for getting employers to know you as a brand

now, this is probably one of the ways I'd recommend as more of a desperation factor, but you can technically get something of an edge if you prove to them you're able to work with things you'd be needing for your show

for example, if you wanted to work for CN then you can try to find out about an animation studio they use regularly and get a job with them. it's also a good way to make connections with a potential studio for making your show a reality

it's because they're trying to suppress their shame over how fucked up they are, so they push to make it mainstream

it's like the faggots that attend gay pride parades. none of them are willing to admit that being gay isn't normal, so they've got shit like s&m freaks, pervs in nothing but thongs, freaks who dress gayer than liberace, etc

If you were to summarize the E.D article on furries into a single webcomic, this is what you'd get.

A lot of CN's 90s originals were produced at Hanna-Barbera, which was a Southern California studio. Of course back then they seemed more open to shows produced by outside companies (Ed Edd N Eddy, Courage, Kids Next Door etc.)

I thought I was completely numb to this sort of shit, but here I am full of hate.

Ah, prohibition. Still didn't stop people from drinking and was a direct cause of the retarded amounts of crime in the 20's/early 30's.

I bet something like that will happen again in the near future considering modern safe space faggots are twice as hysterical and insane as first wave feminists and also seem to have have more influence.

Even Erika seems reluctant to introduce this shit.

>I'm reading all this while Double D is getting double buttfucked

How is it that this came to pass?

Why was nothing done to stop this man?

Solid advice amongst all the degeneracy

This is disgusting on multiple levels.

Its just a fat dude with a beard.

funny how he draws fat characters with beards being cute

And also created NASCAR for some reason…

sounds like something drunks would do

You think they began there?

user…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata

We were molded by it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enheduanna

It started because the first Nascars were hotrods used to escape the police.

I really want to see how one of those original hotrods would fare against THE BRUTUS

Even then, Prohibition basically only passed because most of the voting population was off fighting WW1.

Thing is about the latest incarnation of the looney left is that they do NOT control the government or entertainment industries, it's the other way around; they're so easily manipulated by virtue signalling, tokenism and pointless gestures that they're free marketing/political campaigning. All you do is tell them THE PATRIARCHY doesn't want them to do something, and they'll do it.

Pretty much every sport starts out interesting but turns into total autism eventually. Look at DOTA, that's basically a video game going down the path real world sports did. Also like how dog breeding starts with a wolf and ends up with an inbred disaster that needs regular surgery to survive.

Companies are run by retards who still think in terms of the pre-internet age.

The idea of streaming their large backlog of cartoons, for free with ads, to actually make money off of them, and get exposure with a whole new generation of potential fans, is a brilliant one.

Unfortunately, execs harbor this fantasy that if they only release old properties on disc, they'll make more revenue. Forgetting that the people old enough to appreciate the classic cartoons have already bought the discs, and that the younger generation who've never seem them on TV, are never going to buy them.

In the internet age, exposure is the key to everything. The easier access people have to things, the more frequently they become popular, the bigger of an audience they get, hence more potential for making money off them.

But lots of companies would rather hold their old properties for disc-ransom, rather than cheaply stream them and run the risk of exposing them to a new audience and maybe actually making some money off of them.