WAS JOSEPH CAMPBELL BASED?

Was Joseph Campbell based?

If you've taken some courses in religion and culture, then you've probably had to write a paper or two on the famous mythologist Joseph Campbell and his notorious book The Hero with a Thousand Faces as well as his well-known interview with Bill Moyers called The Power of Myth. This was a guy whose ideas helped inspire Star Wars. His tremendous impact on writing in fantasy adventure novels and video game story plots is also well known. Despite whatever honest criticisms you may have about his theories regarding mythology, you have to admit that he's a man of significance.

Well, I never quite suspected this until I started looking deeper into it, but it seems there was a visceral controversy among academics and writers about his "antisemitic" and "crypto-fascist" views back in the late 80's. Campbell apparently had a lot of issues with Jews, was fairly right-wing and anti-communist (the only reason he disliked the conservatives of his time was because of the Protestant Christian fundamentalism), and he also loathed hippies. The fact that he disliked hippies is quite ironic because many liberal and left-wing hippies venerated Joseph Campbell as a great expounder on the topic of Eastern mysticism and Hindu/Buddhist mythology. His oft-repeated slogan "follow your bliss" is prolific in counter-culture. It could be that Campbell saw hippies for what they were: phonies and drugged-up trash who didn't know the first thing about authentic Indo-European religion (and if you've read his larger books, you'll notice that he never really shies away from employing the term "Aryan" to describe Greeks, Romans, Teutons, Persians, Hindus, etc). He was writing in this way even after WWII. His love for German language and culture is also palpable. I recall that he wanted America to stay neutral in the war with Hitler.

Most interesting is the fact that Campbell apparently served on the editorial board for the Mankind Quarterly (which is often accused of being a "white supremacist" journal).

This is a very interesting thing. Campbell was an extremely charismatic and respected mainstream academic who was loved and revered even as a professor at a women's college like Sarah Lawrence; he was seen as a sage of the late 20th century. Both left-wingers and right-wingers have expressed great admiration for his work and the man himself. And yet we was still able to maintain his position while holding such edgy reactionary views. Maybe more people on our side could learn something from him.

I would encourage all Holla Forumsacks to consider reading Campbell's works. He writes beautifully about European culture and mythology. And plus, he's one of the few writers I've encountered who can adequately articulate the Indo-European understanding of masculinity and femininity.

The following articles are ridiculously biased and full of virtue signalling and all kinds of damage control, but they also contain some really insightful and revealing info about his pro-European attitudes and anti-Judaic tendencies (Campbell is one of those semi-fashy individuals that people can't just stop liking just because of his politically incorrect tendencies):

- Article details some of Joseph Campbell's opinions that hint at his feelings about Jews and his assertion that the West has become rot with decadence: nytimes.com/1989/11/06/arts/after-death-a-writer-is-accused-of-anti-semitism.html

- Jewish colleague at Sarah Lawrence College describes how Joseph Campbell sp00ked him with hints of reactionary opinions: nytimes.com/1989/12/02/opinion/l-joseph-campbell-mixed-bigotry-and-inspiration-his-anti-semetism-660789.html

- Various authors and academics respond to Campbell's alleged antisemitism: nybooks.com/articles/1989/11/09/joseph-campbell-an-exchange/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Campbell
nytimes.com/1989/11/06/arts/after-death-a-writer-is-accused-of-anti-semitism.html
nytimes.com/1989/12/02/opinion/l-joseph-campbell-mixed-bigotry-and-inspiration-his-anti-semetism-660789.html
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread933867/pg1
books.google.com/books?id=74beCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA318&lpg=PA318&dq=jerry garcia cointelpro&source=bl&ots=bGjCQMAZ7h&sig=ZOETeDWC-NwkzScVeJ3Udf9nt70&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwin6dHQzYjNAhVLOFIKHTZVBZoQ6AEIPTAF#v=onepage&q=jerry garcia cointelpro&f=false
bluelight.org/vb/threads/452964-Top-LSD-chemist-you-ve-never-heard-of
gnosis.org/naghamm/thunder.html
archive.is/Tsb16a
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Trist
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked him in Army of Darkness

Whoa, I was going to add that he wrote "Who Goes There?," which was the basis for "The Thing from Outer Space" and John Carpenter's "The Thing." He was also an anti-communist, said some less than laudatory things about blacks, and spooked colleagues with "right wing remarks."

That's John W. Campbell Jr., however, who was something of a tyrannical editor in the sci-fi community, and was so similar to Joseph Campbell that I thought you were talking about him.

I don't think it's a coincidence that with Lovecraft and all the sci-fi shitlords of the past, who were just about 100% white males, they've been niggerizing and feminizing sci-fi lately, giving Hugo Awards to Shaniqua's shitty We Wuz Kangs Wit Rayguns nonsense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Campbell

Campbell is based as fuck. His work is full of red and green pills.

Hero of a thousand faces should be required reading.

the moon would be a good place to put the Jews.

t. Joseph Campbell

So, for example, if he's criticizing Communists, he might be inclined to lump them together with Jews. He thought the left-wing, liberal, Jewish, Communist point of view was part of the degeneration that was going on in our society, and his comments were in that context.

"After Death, a Writer Is Accused of Anti-Semitism" by Richard (((Bernstein))):

nytimes.com/1989/11/06/arts/after-death-a-writer-is-accused-of-anti-semitism.html

>He wasn't my enemy when he was an obscure person full of eccentric notions, Mr. Gill said in a telephone interview the other day. In The New York Review of Books, Mr. Gill describes discussions with Campbell at the Century Association club in Manhattan during which, despite disagreements on many questions, they remained friends. But, Mr. Gill continued, explaining his decision to publish his anti-Campbell essay, when he became a conspicuous public figure and got a response of millions of people, then I had to take up arms against him.

Oy vey! Shut him down!

>When the astronauts landed on the moon, Mr. Gill writes, illustrating what he alleges to be Campbell's private anti-Semitism, Joe made the repellent jest that the moon would be a good place to put the Jews. Mr. Gill says the remark was heard by a member of his family who was a student at Sarah Lawrence.

>In addition to anti-Semitism, I remember in particular his vexation over blacks being admitted to Sarah Lawrence, she writes. In a recent telephone interview, she said she did not remember Mr. Campbell's other comments, but she said she was shocked at the time that there was this side to his personality that didn't appear in his writing.

>Roy Finch, a professor emeritus of philosophy who knew Campbell for 20 years at Sarah Lawrence, said Campbell was a cryptofascist who could be reckless in expressing his views.

>Joe tended to lump people together, Professor Finch said. So, for example, if he's criticizing Communists, he might be inclined to lump them together with Jews. He thought the left-wing, liberal, Jewish, Communist point of view was part of the degeneration that was going on in our society, and his comments were in that context.

I'm glad people on Holla Forums are finally talking about Joseph Campbell. He was based as fuck - and esotericist and most likely a crypto-nazi

Right up my alley.

>"his Republicanism began to waver because of the Republican party's attachment to Christian fundamentalism, to its anti-choice position, and to its stand on the environment."

Sounds based

Pro-environmental, romantic fascist, pro-pagan, anti-fundamentalist Christian, pro-hero/warrior culture, dislikes the Jews

Awesome.

Also, gentile culture is warrior/hero culture, Jewish culture is against that and hates it.

Honestly I'm surprised he had anti-semitic or fascist leanings but at the same time it makes perfect sense.

Campbell had a deep understanding of many religious and philosophical traditions. Yet he never preached the "love everybody" meme or modern ecumenicalism.

Instead he talked about the hero's journey. How we are all the hero of our own journey, and how we must overcome obstacles in our lives and make our own meaning. Take chances, go against the grain when necessary and go with the flow when it suits you.

I think I will take this time to shill for non-degenerate music that some think is degenerate.

Jerry Garcia, and The Grateful Dead were huge huge huge fans of Joseph Campbell. Keep in mind the parking lots of their shows were and are veritable bazaars brimming with capitalistic entrepreneurship. Of course, there are plenty of degenerates in the scene, but if you have ears to hear, you'll get the non degenerate message.

pp. 96-100 of Occidental Mythology are basically a redpill on Jews not caring about their own religion, going back as far as the time immediately preceding the Babylonian exile. So basically, between Moses and Josiah, there simply wasn't anyone observing the Law. Ergo, the Talmud is not derived form the Mosaic legal tradition, if I'm reading Campbell correctly.
I can see why this would offend me if I were a Jew. Of course, this sort of thing happens whenever bad goyim read the OT. But Campbell was a secular intellectual.

jerry garcia was COINTELPRO look up laurel canyon, the guy was tied into some weird ass covert gov shit, he had CIA connections. michael aquilano type creeper shit

Sauce?

thanks for this, OP

The Dead were in San Francisco, Laurel Canyon was in Los Angeles.

Laurel Canyon was The Doors (Jim Morrison), Frank Zappa, Joni Mitchell, David Crosby, and others.

All of the above made political statements through their music and in interviews.

The Dead were different, they never explicitly said anything political in their songs. And never in interviews. The only political activism they did was "save the rainforest" type stuff in the 80s.

Jerry even said he specifically avoided saying political things because he didn't want to influence any people just in case he turned out to be wrong.

I think he was probably left of center, but I don't think he was an active subversive agent. After the 60s and 70s a large contingent of deadheads were lawyers, doctors, business owners and various others who successfully benefited from the American way of life and upward mobility.

I don't mean to derail the thread, and obviously the dead were involved in LSD distribution, but beyond that I don't think they were trying to push any particular political agenda.

Even when the dead played at Columbia during the protests…they thought all the protesters were a bunch of dorks. The protesters were very serious and making a political statement but the dead thought the whole thing was funny as fuck and viewed it moreso as a prank than a political statement. They were kind of upset that the young radicals were so uptight they wouldn't dance or anything.

If anything a lot of people think the Dead were a right-wing conspiracy of sorts. Get the kids to take drugs and dance and listen to music instead of protesting vietnam or fighting against cops.

and of course there's the oft debated lyric from US Blues

"I'm Uncle Sam, that's who I am, been hiding out, in a rock n roll band!"

But the song is very nationalistic and is about the good and the bad of government. Wave that flag, wave it wide, and high!

tried to hero with 1000 faces a while back, dunno what it was but found it fucking impossible to read. it's not like I don't read books either, but mayb i am retarded after all

I guess my opinion is that the dead may have been tangentially related to these cointelpro movements, and may have even been part of it at various times, but I don't think they were fully invested.

Unlike the doors, or joni mitchell or even zappa, the dead never attained any kind of mainstream success. There's people today who still have never heard of them. They got popular like 23 years after they formed as a band lol.

I just see it as a microcosm of society. Be as degenerate as you want if you aren't hurting anyone, or rise above it and watch the pussy and kind/good people flock to you.

I only bring all of this up because the dead were really huge fans of Campbell. And I think if they were ultimately covert agents bent on destroying US culture that they would not idolize a man like that.

If anything they were supported by a faction of the CIA which was against the more subversive elements. I think Timothy Leary may have been an example of the more subversive elements whereas the Dead and Merry Pranksters/Ken Kesey people were more so an attempt at subversion that rose above it and did not go along with the plan.

I think that's why the red white and blue and the american flag features so prominently in that particular scene. A way to say we're going to exercise our freedom and be good people and fuck you we are American and that is our identity.

Crimson White and Indigo

Do you think Jerry would browse Holla Forums?

New York Times: "Joseph Campbell Mixed Bigotry and Inspiration; His Anti-Semetism" by Arnold Krupat

nytimes.com/1989/12/02/opinion/l-joseph-campbell-mixed-bigotry-and-inspiration-his-anti-semetism-660789.html

- To the Editor: I am deeply grateful to Brendan Gill for detailing in public what many of us at Sarah Lawrence College privately knew all along about Joseph Campbell. Because Campbell has been proposed as a sage for our times, it is particularly important for those of us who have a different estimate of the man and his work to speak up.

Time to shut this goy down.

- Mr. Gill's account of Campbell's scholarship, his politics and his views seems to me accurate. I offer a single anecdote from my experience by way of verifying his anti-Semitism.

- I joined the literature faculty at Sarah Lawrence in 1968. With other younger faculty members, I was strongly opposed to the war in Vietnam, and I considered myself - as I do today - to be on the left. Campbell tended to keep his distance from this group, whose values he more or less correctly perceived - and disliked.

- It was my good or ill fortune, however, to find that Campbell was disposed to be friendly to me. One reason for this was that I had, in 1967, completed a doctoral dissertation that, he had been told, made substantial use (I am embarrassed to confess it) of his book The Hero With a Thousand Faces. But I think Campbell was also disposed to be friendly to me because, in those days, I usually wore a coat and tie to teach, and this was not the costume he associated with leftists and war protesters; and because, when we happened to meet at some faculty function, I usually had a drink in my hand, and he had the notion that leftists and war protesters had sworn off alcohol for the relentless consumption of marijuana.

Disdain for degenerate leftists. Excellent.

- At one faculty function, in 1969 or '70, I found myself drinking with Campbell and another, older, equally right-wing teacher. At some point in the evening, Campbell, responding to a remark I can't recall, said something to the effect that he could always spot a Jew. I, a Jew, said, Oh? Whereupon Campbell went into a description of how the New York Athletic Club had ingeniously managed for years to keep Jews out. He went on and on, telling his story in the most charming and amiable fashion, without any self-consciousness about the views he was expressing and, indeed, without any overt animus - for all that he obviously relished the notion of keeping Jews out of anywhere any time, forever. As soon as I could, I said goodnight, and Campbell and I never had much to do with each other again.

Oy gevalt! Close one!

I'm not sure. I could see Jerry browsing chans in general for the lulz, not sure if he would be very into political things.

I definitely think Jerry would love the funny memes.

But truthfully I just imagine he would browse music and philosophy related chans or websites, and spend most of his time playing music or eating hot dogs and cheeseburgers.

Keep in mind, The Grateful Dead had absolutely no problems hanging around the virulently racist Hells Angels. Jerry was even the musical guest on a Hudson River Yacht in the late 70s for a Hells' Angels wedding. In that documentary the cameraman asks him if he's scared of the Hells Angels, and Jerry basically says "Yeah they're scary dudes, but they're cool. They wear swastikas and SS buttons and when I see that I know they mean business and I know not to fuck with them. Because of that we don't have any problems and we get along great".

see the attached video

Absolutely based.

- Subsequently, in my many years at Sarah Lawrence, I heard over and over again that Campbell was contemptuous of women and that he missed few opportunities to disparage black people.

I don't know about the part of disparaging black people, but I sincerely doubt that Joseph Campbell was literally "contemptuous" of women. He just wasn't a cuck. He understood the importance of the male principle and the role of masculinity in human civilization. But through the lens of political correctness, Campbell probably seemed like a male chauvinist to uber-feminist leftie degenerates.

I also doubt that Campbell was contemptuous of women for the reason that he had a lot of redeeming things to say about them. He was always talking about the significance of the goddess in Indo-European mythologies. He never advocated the return of goddess worship or anything weird like that as certain radical feminist hippies were doing in the 70's and 80's, but he made it quite clear that he thought the influence of Semitic or Yahwehist myth had unfairly smothered out the role of the female principle in Western/European culture and had inhibited the expression of healthy and authentic expressions of femininity which serve to complement masculinity.

Men cannot be fully masculine and expect their manliness to be respected when women cannot be adequately feminine and revered for their uniquely female qualities. Masculinity and femininity must be allowed to play off each other in order to produce functional men and women. When one side of the spectrum is nearly smothered out or unfairly suppressed, you end up with some deformities.

I think one of the consequences of this is that Western mythologies and religions – and this is especially observable in Judaizing protestant sects – are left with a bit of an odious, dry, and effeminate kind of masculinity that cannot interact spontaneously and organically with feminine qualities. Women are often ascribed very marginal, unflattering, and somewhat bitter or negative significances in Semitic mythology without many redeeming qualities to make up for it. In addition, Semitic masculinity tends to be somewhat neutered, inadequate, insecure, impotent, dry, barbaric, boring, and unfairly legalistic and tyrannical whilst femininity is barely able to express itself under the Semitic paradigm in a way that isn't overly repressive, passive, butch, or subversively revolting. So gender relations tend to be a bit lopsided in Jewish, Muslim, Protestant, and secular post-Christian societies. It's no surprise then that the feminist movement goes way too far in trying to overcompensate, and it's no surprise that so many prominent feminists have been Jewish women.

Campbell was more sympathetic to the heroic and chivalrous conceptions of masculinity as well as the more romantic and esoteric understandings of women and femininity found in ancient Indo-European mythology and medieval European folklore.

abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread933867/pg1

books.google.com/books?id=74beCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA318&lpg=PA318&dq=jerry garcia cointelpro&source=bl&ots=bGjCQMAZ7h&sig=ZOETeDWC-NwkzScVeJ3Udf9nt70&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwin6dHQzYjNAhVLOFIKHTZVBZoQ6AEIPTAF#v=onepage&q=jerry garcia cointelpro&f=false

bluelight.org/vb/threads/452964-Top-LSD-chemist-you-ve-never-heard-of

drug culture is mostly COINTELPRO

dude fuck off with the derail about your kike LSD shill

not trying to shill but yeah I'll bow out. I've been meaning to create a proper GD/jam band thread and what it's purpose is. To me it seems like it is both good and evil.

But yeah no more Jerry it's campbell time

not going to click the ATS link cause I don't want malware.

the second link mentions a rumour of a memo from 1968 that was never produced. And even so the insinuation is retarded. "to politicize the drug culture" ?

If anything the Dead were apolitical. Anti-establishment for sure but the fans were too spun out and focused on the music and "the scene" to coalesce around any kind of political action aside from dropping out of society, which only a small number of truly hardcore people did.

If anything I think the CIA allowed the dead to exist so there would always be a group of fans they could bust for drugs and then get that group to rat on people they wanted or be informants or whatever. Lots of shadiness happened in the scene, would not surprise me if some other drugs were tested at concerts, but the band itself I think is mostly clean. Perhaps they knew fans would sometimes be busted, but at the end of the day that comes down to that particular fan being a dumbass about his or her drug usage.

anyway, I don't want to derail this campbell thread so I am going to stop responding, but I wanted to at least address your comment. Yes there was plenty of shady things in the drug culture, but even within the drug culture the grateful dead is a completely different animal.

Furthermore, I often wonder about the implications of these passages.

yes

I'm fully convinced that if you seek a real, deep understanding of religious and mystical matters with any success, you become a "far right" person by default. If you want to understand myths, history and cultures, you'll understand the mindset of the people of the past, and therefore you will be become a reactionary, a traditionalist, and therefore a fascist, by the standards of our times.

There are some people, like Johnathan Meades, who can avoid this only by being contrarian You can understand the mindset of our ancestors but you think they were wrong about many things. But you can't be as wise as Campbell, and remain uncritically enthusiastic about modernity, which is what is required of everyone today who is not far-right.

get the audio book

its like 6 hours long its on youtube

Essential Reading and Viewing

getting people to drop out and become a-political was the whole point of COINTELPRO, these idiots derailed the SDS hard core commies and made them into drugged out idiots. the whole fucking point was to get people to drop out. the greatful dead blow cock anyway, jam bands died when duane allman crashed his motobike

He seemed cool.

Was it though? People travelling and being vagabonds to see bands like the dead were following their bliss and in many cases developing their own creative talent.

"these idiots derailed the SDS hard core commies"

^isn't that a good thing? Isn't dropping out better than supporting a marxist revolution like many of the far left in the 60s wanted to do? See: Bill Ayers, Weather Underground, Black Panthers

Whereas the dead and in many respects Campbell would say focus on your own personal journey like this:

Yeah, man, they were fuckin' great, what with their activism and all. Oh, wait.

at the time the FED gov globalists headed intellectually by buckminster fuller were deadly afraid of some homegrown american socialist movement, I am not saying I thing SDS deserves anything other than hot lead, but the elites who are in control today saw them as a threat and acted accordingly to de-fang their movement by making into a giant normalfag party scene (we should take note as this is what will happen to us with the normies and the "alt-right")

deadheads are proto-gypsy trash who belong in a gulag, being a rootless gyspy doing drugs and listening to shitty space music is the antithesis of campbell's aryan "follow your bliss" which is essentially paraphrased Nietzsche:

To be sure, thou wouldst call it by name and caress it; thou wouldst pull its ears and amuse thyself with it.
And lo! Then hast thou its name in common with the people, and hast become one of the people and the herd with thy virtue!
Better for thee to say: "Ineffable is it, and nameless, that which is pain and sweetness to my soul, and also the hunger of my bowels."
Let thy virtue be too high for the familiarity of names, and if thou must speak of it, be not ashamed to stammer about it.
Thus speak and stammer: "That is my good, that do I love, thus doth it please me entirely, thus only do I desire the good.
Not as the law of a God do I desire it, not as a human law or a human need do I desire it; it is not to be a guide-post for me to superearths and paradises.
An earthly virtue is it which I love: little prudence is therein, and the least everyday wisdom.
But that bird built its nest beside me: therefore, I love and cherish it—now sitteth it beside me on its golden eggs."
Thus shouldst thou stammer, and praise thy virtue.
Once hadst thou passions and calledst them evil. But now hast thou only thy virtues: they grew out of thy passions.
Thou implantedst thy highest aim into the heart of those passions: then became they thy virtues and joys.
And though thou wert of the race of the hot-tempered, or of the voluptuous, or of the fanatical, or the vindictive;
All thy passions in the end became virtues, and all thy devils angels.
Once hadst thou wild dogs in thy cellar: but they changed at last into birds and charming songstresses.
Out of thy poisons brewedst thou balsam for thyself; thy cow, affliction, milkedst thou—now drinketh thou the sweet milk of her udder.
And nothing evil groweth in thee any longer, unless it be the evil that groweth out of the conflict of thy virtues.
My brother, if thou be fortunate, then wilt thou have one virtue and no more: thus goest thou easier over the bridge.
Illustrious is it to have many virtues, but a hard lot; and many a one hath gone into the wilderness and killed himself, because he was weary of being the battle and battlefield of virtues.
My brother, are war and battle evil? Necessary, however, is the evil; necessary are the envy and the distrust and the back-biting among the virtues.
Lo! how each of thy virtues is covetous of the highest place; it wanteth thy whole spirit to be its herald, it wanteth thy whole power, in wrath, hatred, and love.
Jealous is every virtue of the others, and a dreadful thing is jealousy. Even virtues may succumb by jealousy.
He whom the flame of jealousy encompasseth, turneth at last, like the scorpion, the poisoned sting against himself.
Ah! my brother, hast thou never seen a virtue backbite and stab itself?
Man is something that hath to be surpassed: and therefore shalt thou love thy virtues,—for thou wilt succumb by them.—
Thus spake Zarathustra.

On the subject of the Goddess, here is one of my favorite Gnostic pieces from the Nag Hammadi - Thunder, Perfect Mind:

I was sent forth from the power,
and I have come to those who reflect upon me,
and I have been found among those who seek after me.
Look upon me, you who reflect upon me,
and you hearers, hear me.
You who are waiting for me, take me to yourselves.
And do not banish me from your sight.
And do not make your voice hate me, nor your hearing.
Do not be ignorant of me anywhere or any time. Be on your guard!
Do not be ignorant of me.

For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am and the daughter.
I am the members of my mother.
I am the barren one
and many are her sons.
I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.
I am the midwife and she who does not bear.
I am the solace of my labor pains.
I am the bride and the bridegroom,
and it is my husband who begot me.
I am the mother of my father
and the sister of my husband
and he is my offspring.
I am the slave of him who prepared me.
I am the ruler of my offspring.
But he is the one who begot me before the time on a birthday.
And he is my offspring in (due) time,
and my power is from him.
I am the staff of his power in his youth,
and he is the rod of my old age.
And whatever he wills happens to me.
I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.
I am the voice whose sound is manifold
and the word whose appearance is multiple.
I am the utterance of my name.

Why, you who hate me, do you love me,
and hate those who love me?
You who deny me, confess me,
and you who confess me, deny me.
You who tell the truth about me, lie about me,
and you who have lied about me, tell the truth about me.
You who know me, be ignorant of me,
and those who have not known me, let them know me.

For I am knowledge and ignorance.
I am shame and boldness.
I am shameless; I am ashamed.
I am strength and I am fear.
I am war and peace.
Give heed to me.

gnosis.org/naghamm/thunder.html

Can someone upload these, please? Can't seem to find them on gen.lib

criminally underrated post

bump

Joseph Campbell is an extremely important writer in the vein of Julius Evola, Savitri Devi.

I like to think of him as a gatekeeper for Esoteric Hitlerism, Aryan mysticism, ala H.P Lovecraft.

And any philosopher that Bowden did a talk on is what us guys need to be reading.

I've posted this before, but this is why the kikes got assmad at Campbell. He gave this speech in 1940 that basically said don't jump on the jew train of war insanity. Which to jews == anti-semitism.

archive.is/Tsb16a

I agree.

To the Grateful Deadposters:

Google Alan Trist. Who just happened to be the son of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Trist

Eric Lansdown Trist (September 11, 1909 – June 4, 1993) was a British scientist and leading figure in the field of organizational development (OD). He was one of the founders of the Tavistock Institute for Social Research in London.

The Tavistock group

It was the wartime experiences of Trist and his various associates that created what became known as 'the Tavistock group', which formed a planning committee to meet and plan the future of the Tavistock after the war. The Tavistock Institute was formed, with Trist as deputy chairman, and Tommy Wilson as chairman, with a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation in February 1946, and a new Tavistock Clinic became part of the newly formed National Health Service. Many of the group went into formal Psychoanalytic training.

Trist was much influenced by Melanie Klein, who visited the Tavistock, as well as by his colleagues John Bowlby, Donald Winnicott, Wilfred Bion and Jock Sutherland. Though close to Wilfred Bion during the war, Trist later wrote that he was glad he did not join Bion at this point, because "he left groups in the 1950s – which flummoxed everybody – and got completely absorbed in psychoanalysis", adding, "that was when the cult of Bion – a wrong cult in my view – became established."

Trist and the Tavistock became involved in industrial projects until 1951, and was given the Lewin Award in 1951. The family discussion group was formed, and John Bowlby did his world-famous studies on mother-child separation and the establishment of family systems therapy. With cooperation and contributions from Kurt Lewin in the USA, the publication of Human Relations, the Tavistock Journal began, and Trist commented that this gave the Tavistock credibility in the USA, saying, "its articles wouldn't have been accepted by any of the other British psychological journals".

checked and kek'd

Where can I find more of these? Most of what I found on jewtube are people regurgitating what he said in his books.

This. Is there a torrent of these lectures somewhere?

gen.lib.rus.ec
Just search for him there and you'll find his books.
About lectures, he made a video series called "The Power of Myth".

totally based