Space Travel is a dead end

No one is leaving the solar system, ever.

Why do they call it space? Because it is an endless void,, with resources so scattered and distant they may as well not exist at all

Other urls found in this thread:

physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2011/10/why-not-space/
8ch.net/b/rules.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck you, I'll build my own generation ship. With blackjack and hookers.

Blackjack and hookers are a good idea because it will take centuries for you to get anywhere.

in fact, forget that, OP is a faggot

I may be buggering your dad but that doesn't invalidate my argument.

Your dad licks his own bloody shit off my throbbing cock and space travel is a dead end.

in space, no one can hear your jimmies rustling

Yes, user, but the fate of this planet is treat us like the dinosaurs. Space is the only escape from such destiny.

You missed Hale Bopp my friend.

Classic Bender quote.

Where is it do you think you're going to go?

We don't need aliens. We have the technology. All that is lacking is the will to spend resources.

The stars.

do they have memes in space?

in space, no one can hear you meme

Going to the stars? That's pretty pointless. You need air you can breathe,, water, and an environment you can grow food in.

Yeah, if you're one of those retarded cucks that believes propulsion based systems are the answer.

dude, we're all traveling through space on a planet called Earth

The Earth isn't leaving the solar system.

If the sun is an average star, then most starts are surrounded by an abundance of water, which can be broken down into air, and the minerals for sustaining industry and life.

Just because you cannot hoard these resources, like OP wants to, doesn't mean that they aren't there or that they won't sustain life.

Space travel is only a dead end if you want to use it to aggrandize yourself.

And what is the basis for that assertion?

OP, you're just butthurt that you won't get to fuck all the aliens, like Kirk.

And that star is light years away.. It may as well not exist.

The Earth is held in orbit of the sun by gravity. but if it did leave that orbit we'd all die.

What if the earth has a near miss or an impact with a stray exoplanet that wanders into our solar system?

get on muh level faget

Sure, but it is also likely that earth, or bits of it could be flung out of our solar system, it could even wander out of our galaxy over enough time if it has enough velocity.

infinite resources?

infinite tiny crumbs of resources scattered in lethal void and separated from us by absurdly vast distances in infinite space.

Turn off the Star Trek rerun and read something by an actual scientist. physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2011/10/why-not-space/

space is for idiot fang like elon musk who marry the same woman twice, the second time without a prenup. he' soon not going to have money for hairplugs & space x & tesla will halfway belong to some crazy bitch lady

going to space is a waste of time

That thing with the golden disk with naked humans is already out of our system.

OP is a faggot again.

yes, and it's headed to NOWHERE and it's NOT COMING BACK

and I should give a fuck about the charred remains of my planet drifting in the void?

Tell me the names of the crew members on Voyager.. oh wait.. it's unmanned. I said "No one" not "Nothing".

You assume the Planetary System Model is true.
What stupid americans dont understand is that it is just a model.

End yourself.

You were the one who specifically said "earth" would not leave the solar system.

Okay then explain why no human will leave the solar system?

SPACE

IS

FOR

LOSER

JEWS

it's too expensive & too pointless & too gay

Thinking asteroids are close by.

Thinking the expensive doesn't mean anything. The moon rocks cost over 30 grand a pound in 1970's dollars to bring to Earth, and they were just random stones picked up by men walking on the surface for a few hours,, mining would be even more costly.

and blaming the jews for the very nature of reality…

You have no proof of that.

If you confine your reasoning to a propulsion based model, yes, but those people are fucking idiots.

Propulsion based systems will NEVER reach the efficiency needed to go anywhere meaningful, the only solution will be gravity distortion technology, and that is not a propulsion based system, and it is theoretically capable of faster than light speeds.

While that does not seem like an immediate possibility, it does preclude the statement that space travel will never happen.

In fact it is a very strict dichotomy, either it won't happen ever, or it will be so effective we will literally be able to anywhere within the known universe in virtually no time at all.

Superluminal travel is trivial for being with IQs in the trillion+ range.

All it takes is a strong AI that doesn't kill us and we can go wherever we like.

But it probably won't be to other stars. More fun to be had in the metaverse of the immortal uploaded. The universe will be the fuel we burn to power Heaven.

Just made up shit. May as well be talking about a flying magic carpet.

Ok confirmed for retarded troll, good one dude, have a nice day.

Confirmed for not having a single link to back their opinions,

Have fun with your fantasy life.

8ch.net/b/rules.html

TROLLING IS AGAINST THE RULES!

you're a little homo who lives his life in a fantasy where anything is possible. it's easier to just mine the supplies we have here or use different supplies.

you are a little homo

This is why materialists comprise the most basic minds to ever have the pretense of thinking.

If you haven't done any of your own research on the subject, you shouldn't be making broad sweeping claims. Period.

Gravity distortion is possible, it is already a theoretical possibility the only obstacle is synthesizing enough of a given material to produce a significantly sized distortion.

If you decide to enter into a discussion with no knowledge and goldbricking sources like a homo, you're not being intellectually honest.

No, it just means they're a piece of shit and a waste of time.

TROLLINGS ARE AGINST THE RULES

oh.. so I'm just supposed to believe that some anonymous poster on Holla Forums is an expert and bow down to your intellectual authority.

and I did research this subject, that is why I have links to support my conclusions.

What do you have? Nothing.

What? Disagreeing is trolling? What the fuck is this,, face book where we post pictures of what we had to eat last night and give each other thumbs up?

WE WILL NEVER GO TO ANOTHER PLANET BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ENOUGH GAY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD TO BUILD A SPACE SHIP

Oceanic travel is a dead end.

No one is leaving the continent, ever.
Why do the call it the sea? Because it is an endless void,, with resources so scattered and distant they may as well not exist at all

False analogy.

the ship sinks, and you have a life raft, you stand some chance of rescue. The ocean is vast, but it’s a two-dimensional vastness teeming with human activity (compared to any realistic vision of 3-d space inhabitation even within the confines of our solar system). People have survived for months on the open ocean, subsisting on the elements around them. Running out of air is not a problem. Fresh water falls out of the sky as rain. Critters that are attracted to the cover of your life raft provide a source of food. I recommend the book 117 Days Adrift for a gripping account of a British couple who survived such an ordeal. Sometimes edible fish would actually jump into their dinghy. By contrast, a hamburger has never slammed into the side of the space shuttle in orbit, and I very much doubt that chicken nuggets are going to float up seeking the shelter of your space rescue pod!

If you fall overboard in the ocean, you can conceivably survive for a day or more depending on water temperature. I have actually met a guy who twice survived being stranded overnight treading water in the ocean—once in Indonesia and another time in Australia! In space, you’re dealing with a life expectancy of about one minute, unless you’re lucky enough to be suited up for the unexpected accident—in which case you have a perhaps a few hours to enjoy the view.

If the ship springs a leak, you can pump out water indefinitely, and that magical, life-supporting air fills in the void: it surrounds the ship, which is open to the air above

So what?

It was possible with something slower than atari slower console.

Like going to america when Bizantium was culturally enriched.

Belle epoque again? consoles are shit, cel phones are crap, iphone is stagnate, but pc (the only thing beeded) is everytime more powerful

Check ruskies capsules, your point is wrong and you are just a fag trying to win the argument.

Not when we were only on the cusp of being able to explore it.
Back in the age of exploration if your ship sank you were boned, and a lifeboat just gave you the opportunity to suffer a few days longer before thirst and exposure killed you.

That's all reliant on absolutely ideal conditions.
If it doesn't rain you dehydrate, if it storms you sink.
Running out of air isn't a problem in space either.
How do you think submarines manage to stay underwater for months at a time or the ISS doesn't require daily air-bottle resupply?

And a rocket never struck a coral reef.

Luckily no one has ever fallen overboard from a spaceship.

space travels not that hard, we are still trying to figure out how not to die from space radiation when we get past the protective belt our planet provides. It protects us is also like a wall of death.

>Not figurig out a way to use the double slit ex to your advantage
Beta.

I could power a rocket ship with your concentrated autism.

Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune. Do you fags think it could be posssible for *some* life to live there? We've found weirder shit in oceans, particularly the deep ocean, where faunq feeds off methane and heat vents.

Without a doubt. But it's going to be something lame like micro-organisms