The Geek Life: Harbinger for the Pussification of our Youth or a Byproduct of it?

Throughout the past 10 to 20 years, we see a massive increase in the presence of 'Geek' culture. Whether it's superhero movies, anime, manga, video games, or comic books, it is very clear that fictional entertainment such as those are becoming very widespread. With this, we also see the youth of our societies becoming increasingly pussified. However, I am not talking about the homosexual community (although I do believe the recent growth of the homosexual community is not normal). I am talking about the group of 'geeks' who associate themselves with various forms of degenerate media, such as those I listed earlier.
The question I ask is this. Is geek culture a harbinger for the hedonism and pussification of our youth or is it just a byproduct of it?

Hey now, not all Korean cartoons are faggy.

Only newer anime is faggy, old school Shonen and Seinen Anime emphasize masculine and warrior like values.

Berserk is absolutely god tier.

Except that's not what weebs focus on.

The fact that you un-ironically look at that shit and think it's le epic is evidence enough that "Geek culture" is cancerous.

Berserk is awesome.

One of the main enemies is a feminine faggot, Guts thought he was gay when he first met him.

It oozes testosterone!

Ok.

1. "Geek" or "Nerd" culture has been entirely gentrified by hipsters. The classic nerd doesn't exist anymore, especially since actual nerds work rather high-level jobs in the IT sector and such. Only trustfund fags have the time and leeway to dress like dorks.

2. Weebshit and all the other retarded (in the truest sense of the word - It's arrested development) is just one of the currently most successful outlets for beta-ness. In earlier times you'd get unsuccessful romantic poets or authors or what have you. Then again, at least those people tried creating something.

You know the drill.

Exactly, so stop trying to defend waifu autists.

sliding what?

counter-sage

source on purple hair?

It's a byproduct of the destruction of traditional western culture, not anything necessarily related to pussification of the youth. Something ends up filling the void, and apparently the Jews have decided it ought to be capeshit movies and AAA shootbangs.

Threads like you fucking KIKE.

So because it's in animated form it's weebshit or arrested development? I hear from military friends that there is nothing to do when you're waiting for hajis to attack so they just sit around and consume media to stave off insanity.

Tell me, what would you choose? Absolutely 100% of live-action media is the worst, filled to the brim with pozzed up cuck shit. At least some anime is nice, always depicts women as doting caregivers, and emphasizes male strength. Some anime is just hilarious and some is touching.

I read books too and that's great, but sometimes I like watching anime.

You're talking about the same people who post on this website, who are more willing to work on STEM fields rather than "gender studies", and that present an ever growing threat to jewish profits on anti white propaganda.

All the "toughdudebros" who didnt consume such product ended up as cunt-slaves and in ridiculously short marriages, and losing houses.

So yes, this are the hobbies of the possibly fiercest males you will have. The rest just knows how to show off.

Curiosity: On Battle of Thermopylae, a scout from the Persian Empire reported on the 300 Spartans had effeminate hair and performed seemingly feminine rituals before the battle, compared the "manly rituals" of Xerxe's Persian Empire.

The only western medium that's not totally pozzed/cucked is Warhammer 40k. But you will find same "geeks/nerds/etc." consuming both anime and Warhammer 40k.

The rest will be too busy trying to marry some cunt who has fucked 30 guys before him.

Sorry. How about the mods delete every thread that isn't yours? Wouldn't want anyone to shill YOUR thread

hello Holla Forums. Getting less creative are we?

To be fair this thread will accomplish just about as much as that thread, which is to say not a lot.

hello Anita

>inb4 a comfy Holla Forums approved anime thread

Geek culture is definitely a byproduct of the service industry/ soulless consumer culture which has slowly developed over the last 60(?) odd years.

Most people don't produce any tangible goods in their work, there is a disconnect between effort and result. People just find a comfortable rut they can stay in, spend 8 hours of their day dicking around at the register or in the office to avoid boredom, do the barest amount of work to squeak by, and then knock off at the end of the day looking forward to the media they are going to consume tonight: a tv show, sports game, movie, video game, or shitposting on a Cambodian fingerpainting site.

Reminder that there is no such thing as "geek culture". It's something hipsters and SJWs invented when they started raiding our hobbies.

Comic fans, table top gaming fans, gamers, anime fans, do have some overlap. But they don't have one "culture" in common.

The Big Bang Theory suddenly made being a "geek" cool. You had lots of lower status normies, lots of them SJWs, flooding in geeky subcultures. The success of Marvel's capeshit movies didn't help matters.

Geeks were unprepared for the influx of deranged SJWs who wanted to hijack their cultures - plural, not culture - for political ends. It's how you ended up with SJWs in all the gaming press, SJWs writing capeshit books, SJWs localizing anime and games, SJWs taking over science fiction publishing, etc.

The popularity of "geek culture" then is driven on by networks trying to make capeshit bux, plus leftists being the parasites they always are, preying on the weak and disaffected subcultures of low status white males, who have no defenders in the Catherdral or business world.

But yeah it's a byproduct of the childishness and effeminacy of society more than anything.

Basically, they are the "nothing ever affects me" people finally realizing that nothing is off-limits to the loons.

The loons they probably agree with on 90% of issues.

You sound like a defeatist MGTOW cuck to me. There are still virgin women out there. They need a confident and strong man, though. Sadly, you aren't that. At least that lucky star pillow won't leave you.

I could go on.
Are you forgetting every single anime that has been made in the past decade? Besides one punch man, I'm pretty sure everything made in the past years have been moeshit like lucky star.

Isn't it affecting birth rates in Japan too, though?

Nigger what.

choose only one, or you're confirmed as Holla Forums shill.

even if some out there exist, some refugees are not linked to ISIS, and some chambers in russian roulette game are not loaded.

Correct. In fact, several months ago I talked to a poster who said he lives in Japan. The only anime they show on television is moeshit. He says they never show anything like Attack on Titan or SAO or anything of the sort because the ratings are higher for lucky-star tier moeshit. I wish I screencapped his post.

So simply put, what you are asking is whether "Geek Culture" creates "Pussification" or vice versa…
So I am "friends" (i qoutate friends because I feel obligated to not give up on him) with a guy the same age as me, we have similar interests and went to school together. To put it simply life has shat on his face and laughed.

Now we can see that he would always be a geek. It's a fair assumption that he would adopt this lifestyle. He has recently came out as a Gay Furry degenrate who plays games all day.

Now lets look at me. Life is my friend and my cards dealt are pretty good.

Now we would assume that I would live quite a normal life indulging in both "geek" and "jock" culture as a "normie". And it's absolutley correct.

Now someone born with a royal flush such as very attractive, normal and other such gifts would he considered a "Jock".

Now we as humans are not getting uglier, but the amount of people giving in to "geek" culture is expanding. This had lead me to believe that pussification creates geekiness.

If you refute my point fairly I will surely think about changing my opinion but I cannot see it the other way round as "jock" culture is a far more prefered/sought after way to live a life than "geek" culture is.

Pleb trash. Curb your enthusiam is good however, but I've already seen it.

Except there's a lot of non-moe shit that's fun to watch. You just have to realize you don't know a lot about the genre and ask.

makes sense.

This is a india tier thread.

Don't engage, just report.

I've seen the TV show version of the anime. I don't recall this happening with ZOD showing up twice. Is this only in the manga?

yes
the show cut out many things
there was really no purpose showing them, as the show wanted to only do the golden age arc
but in the manga it all matters and there is much more, including more brutality

Anime, graphic novels with heroic and technical themes, and video games are a natural testosterone-fueled interest. The same things have existed for as long as there has been culture. Men like art, men especially like sublime and beautiful art; if art has themes, men want heroism and competition; and if art has realism, men want detailed technical data. This is as testosterone driven as weight-lifting and football, just a field where the "cultural champions" look a little different.

Yes, this has led to the rise of the "Herbivorous Men" in Japan, who profess a disinterest in pursuing committed romantic and sexual relationships with women. An increased number of men are dropping out of society and dedicating their free time to the pursuit of consumer products or going full NEET.

Similarities can be drawn between the Herbivorous Men and MGTOWs, but there are distinct differences between the two. MGTOW is an actual organized group of men committed to spreading their gospel of abstention from relationships with women, and their reasons for abstaining can be seen as a "positive" to contrast with the Herbivorous Men's "negative".

The ideal reason for going MGTOW is to abstain from the rat race of dating in your 20s and 30s when women have the upper hand and most modern women are riding the cock carousel. That time should instead be devoted to improving your mind, soul, and body, working as hard as humanly possible, in order to attain financial security and be as successful as possible during your peak earning years.

This is done with the understanding that in your 30's 40's you will be much more financially stable than your peers, which will make you a more attractive option to women, allowing you to look for a woman with standards (and a hymen).

So, at least in theory, MGTOWs are just deferring their pursuit of relationships until they are successful and have more "sexual capital" than women of their age or younger. It is a strategy to combat the corroded state of modern relationships and dating under "enlightened modern feminism", rather than the Herbivorous Men's defeat and retreat into escapism.

"geek culture" is hipster trash shit.
even from the earlies nerd shit trekkies, comicfags, and just plain egghead science nerds did their own thing. it's only recently it's been pushed as a thing. years back though if you tried the shit sjws and normiefags preach and pull you'd be quickly finding yourself uninvited everywhere, or straight up told by everyone to leave.

the problem nowadays everything is done in plain sight on the internet, facebook twitter, etc. now if you disagree with the shrill harpies you get dragged into the court of normie public opinion.

who are they gonna listen to? the scruffy comicfag or some rainbow haired I'm for equality woman?

that's the most simplicist explanation of a longly cooked and complex social phenomena

Nothing wrong with that

Have you altistic righters tried not being gay?