Wait for the RX fury X 2x (or w/e it's going to be called)

Pic related, a mock-up of what would go into this computer.
Has technology gone too far?

The problem with building a computer like that is that there's no entertainment software that can truly take advantage of it. Of course, there's always utilities like 3d modeling programs, but then you'd probably be better off with workstation cards.

Why 4 GPUs? Why raid on the ssd's, do you even know what raid is for? Nobody would buy this off you because it would be fucking stupid expensive.

The rich smell of burning plastic will soon come to you.

I think this is better:
You would not earn as much per PC sold but it will be a lot easier to sell them.

I assume he means RAID0.

yeah, that's the point that won't work. but keep deluding yourself.

That would be good. It should have a VHS and audio cassette player/recorder too.

+ 3.5" / 5.25" / 8" floppy disk drives.

it's all basically useless unless you've got a case with a plexiglass window
couple that with some green LEDs to make it eco-friendly and you'll have opened up all kinds of new markets

Sorry, but I think it'll be a year or two after Zen's launch, dead minimum, before the MUH INTEL bleating dies down from the Alienware quarter. Also, I don't think AMD has made >4-socket chipsets since 2009. Even Intel, I'm not totally sure their 8-socket chipsets are sold to anyone other than Oracle.

Tape is actually still the cheapest and most durable form of storage by a huge margin, but since the enterprise market are the only buyers now, manufacturers have seen fit to crank prices for drives up to $10k-$40k, and those of tape cassettes up to just below discs/HDDs in bulk. Just because they can.

lol no thanks

also who said anything about sockets? guess you are too much of an intel shill to know about the amd 48 core single cpu
typical

"im an intel/nvidia fanboy and im butthurt i paid more than the amd people for minimal performance gains"

Separate the storage and performance into two systems, connected over fiber. That way, you can use more of those sweet PCI lanes.

sounds to me u like paying 300 extra $ for a few more FPS in your vidya games with the even bigger cost of the loss of your freedom

Mild amusement.

3d modeling programs often run on the CPU(s) alone.

Just out of curiosity, which motherboard could possibly accommodate all that autism?

exactly he'd have like 1 pcie lane per card and everything would run like shit.

there's the supermicro H8QGL-6F, a workstation/deskside motherboard. but otherwise could go to another format of case. but let's start with this one.
by replacing these 6 Athlons by 4 Opterons 6386's you already multiply the teraflops of compute power by 8...for almost the same wattage. (64 cores total)
for the PCIE SSDs however, you'll need to reduce the amount to two units.
Firepro W9100s would deliver better performance instead. just need a watercooling system to make sure all the hardware fits in.
RAM doesn't needs liquid cooling. not in a server, not in a CRAY, never.

Opterons still delivers more dollar per core performance than xeons m8. they are just glorified i5/i7s with the same old multiprocessor architecture, and more cache while AMDs arch allows NUMA multiprocessing in their opteron series. unless they really refocus on the HPC business rather than general public, that market will remain dominated by IBM and AMD.

You would probably need PCI Express 4.0 minimum to not bottleneck all that shit, if not 5.0 with optic fiber.