Transformers

I knew this was gonna be bad but I had no idea it was gonna be this fucking bad.

When will people learn that making everything darker and edgier doesn't automatically make the product more mature?

No joke I legit cringed when Megatron said "Pull the trigger Prime, let's end this".

I know it's Machinma and they always put out crap but I had hoped Hasbro would have gotten their shit together and delivered a better product than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ain't clicking that shit, gonna wait for a webm.

Oh Hasbro has made it clear they don't give two shits about Beast Wars, all they did was get David Kaye and Venus Terzo to show up for Botcon.

Takara cares more about Beast Wars seeing as they're making Masterpiece figures and re releasing the generations Beast Wars figures.

KILL ME, PRIME

a machinma edgy power rangers or big bad Beatleborgs mini series when?

Cheetor is next, but fingers crossed we get a Megatron done the line.

I fucking NEED Megatron or Dinobot.

Beast Machines fucked all the credibility Trans tech had

Dinobot or Waspinator when ?

Delivered

I mean… yeah, it's just a motion comic, and it doesn't introduce any particularly interesting concepts by itself, but why so upset? I mean, this is just a prelude to a new show or something? I haven't been following much Transformers lately, you'd have to do a better job explaining what the big deal is. It's not like everything Transformers is always a hit.

Because this is the first piece of Transformers media aimed at "adults" and the best they can come up with is a stupid dark and gritty rehash of G1.

Also I know it's Hasbro but they couldn't have picked a worse year to promote the Combiner Wars toyline, 2016 is the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars and instead of giving us new toys to celebrate we get jack shit.

What makes the 20th anniversary more special than the 15th or 25th? Is there any information on what the real show will be like?

Shit, I love Beast Wars, too, but… fucking shit will come along whenever it comes along. I guess you can bitch at them until they do it, but I don't know how much good it'll do you.

Holy shit it looks like a fan made trailer in flash.

Cant they just do Shattered Glass as a piece of TF media for adults?

Because the last time Hasbro did anything special for Beast Wars was during the 10th anniversary, sure you could argue that they re released the show on DVD for the 15th anniversary but that was gonna happen sooner or later when Shout got the rights to the Transformers series on home media.

If Takara can shit out a MP Optimus Primal and re release the generations figures in a boxset, then they is no excuse for Hasbro to give us new figures that overpriced Botcon repaints.

Sounds like Peter Cullen with a stuffed up nose lol

They were too cheap to get Cullen, so they got the Honest Trailers guy to do Prime's voice and yeah it sounds awful.

Let me put it this way, I've come up with the fucking retarded idea of putting the obscurest Transformers related bots on a ship, having most of them be idiots and/or sociopaths, and describing it as "Homestar Runner in space", and it's still probably a better promotion for Titans Return (AKA Headmasters are back) than this is for Combiner Wars.

If you were put in charge of something Transformers related, what would you do?

Also is that one guy writing that Wreckers story here? He's cool, a much better guy than me at this sort of thing.

My other idea is a GoBots series vaguely based off Silver Age comics, since 80's cartoons are strikingly similar sometimes. I am just a fountain of bad ideas.

As soon as I heard that asshole from Honest Trailers doing Prime's voice, I knew this was shit.

Woo get hyped!

This is gonna be fucking terrible.

No joke I legit cringed when OP said "No joke I legit".

Why must feminists ruin all that is good?

Besides being a female Voltron and apparently a religious zealot of some sort (which honestly seems like an interesting personality for a combiner), I don't see the problem. I wonder if all the bots that make her are female or if it's mixed genders. I think one of the Stunticons in TFA was female, but they never combined. Transformer genders are the weirdest thing anyway.

And this, I mean, you keep posting videos, talking about how terrible it is and… it's just a little video of a character design. Besides the fact that a motion comic is a really unhype way to lead into a series, I still don't know what I'm supposed to be violently opposed to.

Anyway, if people want to just talk Transformers, is Robots In Disguise worth the time? I only watched the first episode and wasn't terribly impressed, but I might give it another try if it gets better later.

I did once think a bit about the Transformers being awakened on Earth after an apocolyptic war or just tyranical future. The Autobots would team up with some junkyward scavengers, and the Decepticons would have a shaky alliance with the tyranical government. So the Autobots would have junky mad max looking vehicle forms, and the Decepticons would have sleek future military vehicles.

Besides that I also thought a bit about how I'd want to do a G.I.Joe/Transformers crossover. Only thing I remember well is the idea that eventually Baroness would be given a lightweight battle harness that would give her the powers of Circuit Breaker from the comics. Just Baroness flying around zapping mutha fuckers.

You could technically combine both if you want to set it in that one "Cobra wins" future for G.I. Joe.

This is a problem because Hasbro has been pushing moronic gender politics down our throats with the Windblade the first "fan made" Transformer and this stupid character, also they hired a Tumblrite to write the Windblade comic series and she refused to use Blackarachnia's Beast Wars desgin because she found it too triggering.

What design was used? I remember hearing about the windblade thing, but didn't care enough to look into it. I do like female Transformers though, honestly just neat to see some of the designs they come up with. I know there have been examples of gender politic bullshit in the comics, but I'd have to see proof that it goes much further than the comics.

She used her Animated desgin, which makes no sense seeing as all the other BW cast in the comics have their regular designs.

That is weird. But the writer specifically said she pushed to use that design? It wasn't some weird decision by Hasbro because TFA was more recent?

How are the overall Transformers comics these days? I remember years ago seeing regular Transformer treads on Holla Forums, not sure if half/co/ still does those or if the concept is totally dead.

Yeah….the comics are garbage.

Wasn't too bad. Sweet 80s music vibe.

though this is good youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs