What do you think of apple in the apple ii days?

What do you think of apple in the apple ii days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=At62s1DgCaU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They were a piece of shit pretencious overpriced company even back then

An Apple II cost over 5,000 dollars (when adjusted for inflation) back then vs a Commodore 64 that cost 1.5k adjusted for inflation, despite the fact the C64 had a slightly superior CPU (the 6510 vs the 6502) and sound and graphics capabilities that completely destroyed the Apple II

Homosexuals are as homosexuals do. Look kid, you need to understand that Apple is just a company for the homos by the homos. Even back then.

I think Woz was pretty much a hardware genius, and his microcomputer designs for that day were unparalleled tbh.

Neither Woz nor Jobs were (or are, in Woz' case) faggots though user.

Are you sure? Steve Jobs screams faggot to me. Maybe they were not in early days, but they turned into after iphone and macs. Woz bailed out before he became one of them.

They sold overpriced junk. And, even before the mac brought in literal faggots* by the boatload, Apple enthusiasts had a reputation for being obnoxious, and weirdly aggressive.

*: I wonder if Apple actually marketed to the gay community, or if the mac was just uniquely attractive to homosexuals.

I can imagine a GNU/Linux user to be aggressive in the same way. But the difference I see is that GNU/Linux has some merit whereas homOSeX is a completely useless crap.

It is a bit of both. But, mainly the arrogance and obnoxiousness made way for the homosexuality. Relevant passage below on how homosexuals are made.

Romans 1
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Don't be too harsh on it, it's at least better than wangblows

The Apple][ computers at high-school had an awesome following, and the software for the time couldn't be beat. AND FUCKING FAST DISKETTE DRIVES! WOOHOO!

Over the next few years 'everyone' got Commodores, and the community of smart young nerds moved to that-- however the ][s were still the thing for nerding out during recess and lunch (..not there were any other brands of computers to use) Apples were great for learning 6502 machine code on, too.

Yes, I'm fucking old. Hello fellow kids.

How old are you user? I'm an oldfag too but below 30 yeah yeah, but c'mon this place is full of teen retards, some half my age

Apple has always been making computers for casuals. but i can't deny the IMac G4 has a interesting design, if only it wasn't proprietary hardware.

I have one of the translucent iMac keyboards. Found it in a dumpster. It's honestly one of the worst things I've ever typed on, and that includes phones without gesture keyboards.

Enjoy your toy, kiddo.
Also, while the C64 was indeed groundbreakingly cheap at ~$500 on announcement, a comparable bare 64k Apple ][ at the time sold for closer to ~$1200 than the ~$1600 you gave.

Seriously though, at least I'm sure we can all agree IBM was sub-shit-tier clear into the mid-90s.

45. I started high-school in 1983, and it had an Apple ][+ and ][europlus. The ][+ had dual drives and the Apple green monochrome display, the Euro only the one and a cheap small B&W TV-- but I preferred the Euro for its nicer-feeling keyboard. The Apples were on small tables so they could be wheeled around the Maths department, and every recess and lunch, back in a time when being a Nerd into Computers _at all_ got you bashed by Normies, me and the others in the secret community were in a Maths department storeroom witnessing the future you young fucks were born taking for granted.

The thing all the posting the "Apple was always expensive" in this thread don't know is that while the Apple ][s did cost a lot, they were actual a bit cheaper than the other serious computers-- and Professional-grade CP/M machines were easily 3x-5x that price. And consider that the Apple][ came out in 1976-78, and the cheap home micros were all 1983 and after.

That feel when we'll never see the cute, bubbly design fad of the early 2000s again.

At least computers still come in colors other than gray, black, and white.

Those Taxan monitors where the shizzle back in the day.

Condider also the Apple logo. The partially-eaten forbidden fruit? Coincidence?

They added the bite because otherwise it looked like a tomato.

It is an ugly as fuck logo and showing partially-eaten forbidden fruit is very creepy. But it is very trivial compared to the textbook homosexuality this company indulges in.

C64 was much better, hell probably best 8 but home computer, but it came out 5 years later.

I remember playing number munchers on the Apple II GS in the mid 1990s.

Then I got to go home and play Commander Keen and Doom on our 386 :D

Brings back memories.

When I was going to University in the 1990s, the main campus 'annexed' a smaller vocation college, and so all their base belonged to us... I was exploring what their library was like, and found a room -filled- with 1980s microcomputers: Apple II & II GS, Atari 400/800/1200, PET/VIC/64 Commodores, an Acorn Archimedes [!!!] ... Holy Fucking Shit! I was visiting that room on a daily basis, even with a ~3 km walk to and from the campus where I had lectures. Two months later though, suddenly the room get locked-up, and all the computers disappeared. ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=At62s1DgCaU

Forgot my Text:

Yes, that's two dudes making out.

Macfag
Retardicus Blowjobsticus Fagus Rex

Have you used the latest OS X? The UI is awful.

fucking bloat. "Oooooh I need technicolor-hurl icons!"

6.0.8 on a Mac Plus thrashed System7.

Mac SE here, I don't even think the SE/Plus came with enough RAM to justify 7 OOB, needed upgrades. Not worth it, 68030 is what it takes to be quick.

Apple ][ release date = 1977
C64 release date = 1982
Of course the C64 came out cheaper, that's 5 years of innovation you're not accounting for.
That said, a //e (which is much closer in capability and release date) cost about double of what a C64 cost at the time, but the //e had more business uses and infinitely more expandability. Also, not sure if it shipped with a drive/monitor included or not. The disk drive for the commodore was a very expensive option, IIRC, most people used the tape drive, which sucked.

Not to say that Commodore shouldn't have survived the 80s and early 90s. I wish we had another major player these days.

Somewhat true, for all its multitasking goodness, it lacked most of the modern features in Pink. Apple going ahead with Blue and allowing Pink to go into a holding pattern is what froze it in System 7 for most of the '90s.

I remember running it reasonably well on a 4MB Classic, it wasn't until 7.5 that the Extensions folder became a complete zoo of RAM-hungry shared libs, and even then a bit of shuffling could squeeze the system under 1MB RAM footprint with a reboot.

Ultra barebones though it was, it was nice that you could squeeze a bootable system capable of running normal software on a floppy clear into OS 8.

Gramps, can you tell use stories about how normies abused us nerds back then?

The C64 was just as expandable it just you expanded it with external plug-ins via ieee-488 bus on the back along with the cartridge slot. You also could get CP/M for the C64 that came with a Z80 cartridge. As for the costs of the 1541 disk drive, the reason is there is no floppy controller in the C64, the controller is on the 1541 along with cache for the command and data, this means the C64 is free to do other things while the 1541 is working with the disk yet not transferring data to the C64 (like seeking data or when you are formatting a disk) making the task slightly more offloaded then the Apple ][ where it needed the CPU for all disk drive function.

Nerds were treated like Speds are today. You were the lowest-tier Rejects. As Speds weren't thrown into regular schools before the 1990s, we had the place that they would assume.

For about two years (second+third year high-school) I was physically assaulted on a daily basis-- usually not severely though. Usually sat alone in class, unless there was a fellow nerd. Recess and Lunch was spent away from everyone else-- the computer room, or the school library. A couple of fools would attempt to hang with the Normal students, but that only resulted in more severe general ostracization (a nerdmate got the nick "Catrooter" from it..)

And of course, you were totally invisible to girls. I knew for a fact that several girls in my year had computers at home, one of them at least got into programming-- but you absolutely never heard of it during school. Although there was one exception for me, a final year BBW who got interested in computers in her last year. I found out that she went on to do Engineering at University, but I never saw her again! :(

The poor treatment dropped off a lot during the senior student years, as the fuckwit kids had left, and the normies left were intent on entering University.

In other words, it wasn't, and in practice it wasn't. The C64 wasn't a good platform for telecommunications, for example. Even after acquiring the bits needed (from a market that was infinitely more interested in games..) it was still low quality compared to the alternatives. CP/M and Apples were 90% of popular BBSes before the PC and Amiga came along-- hardware UART cards, etc.

And you can run CP/M on your C64 with a cartridge upgrade, why do you think the C128 was designed the way it was.

Hello retro computer enthusiast born after 1995. NO-ONE HAD A C64 CP/M CARTRIDGE BECAUSE THEY WERE FUCKING VAPORWARE.

By 1985/1986 when the 128 came out CP/M was Dead as a BBS platform. There were maybe 2-4 short-lived Commodore CP/M BBSes on the entire planet. By 1987-1988, Commodore BBSes were Amiga.

YEAH, AFTER FUCKING YEAR OF OUR LORD 2002.

Obscure does not equal vaporware, computer historians have verified the CP/M kit was sold around 1983, they did not sell well and no many were built but they did enter the market, when one pops up on E-Bay they usually run for over $100.

Bil Herd that led the C128 development stated the design decisions of the C128 revolved about software compatibility not only for the stock unit but for the CP/M kit thus the CP/M existed enough for Commodore to care about compatibility for software written for it.

we are discussing faggotry as pertaining to Holla Forums, not as pertaining to your fantasy book

I know I should be hanging shit on apple, but having an integral screen and booting to a tty was an absolute genius move that kicked the industry forward a decade. That the apple][ shell is still more fully featured than the vt-100 spec that runs modern unix-likes blows my fucking mind.

I guess the problem (and this didn't apply in their heyday) is that while they were competitively priced back in the day, as the big bang theory "geek culture" has taken hold they've turned into the overpriced, overrated, white elephants of the 8-bit micro scene as well.

It just kills me that hardware terminals used as accessories for timesharing systems had all the parts and internal computing power needed to be PCs back in 1960s, but it wasn't until the late 1970s that anyone actually decided to use those parts to make a PC.

You: It's awesome because I read about how you could in theory do awesome things with it!
Me: No it wasn't. Because no-one actually did.

Tip it harder fgt

as you could see homosexuals are very good designer and developer

Alan Turing was a boylover. They use the word homosexual but he was a boylover.

And you know without Alan Touring no computer would exist.

nigeria and south africa is the new silicon valley - i dont have a problem with software made by black ppl

what is with all the great trannys in the linux community?

or with the worlds best hackers - all arabians