Kratom to receive emergency rescheduling

On September 30th 2016 Kratom will be a schedule 1 substance meaning it will be considered as dangerous as heroin or gammahydroxybutate (GHB) or (kek) marijuana .

Mitragyna speciosa, also known as ketum or kratom, is a tropical deciduous and evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia phytochoria (botanical regions). M. speciosa is indigenous to Thailand where it has been used in traditional medicine.

Though not an opiate itself, kratom is thought to behave similarly to a μ-opioid receptor agonist like morphine. Some people use it for managing chronic pain as well as recreationally others use it as a cheap and safe alternative to methadone or suboxone for use in treating opiod addiction/ withdrawl. Effects last for between two and five hours. Kratom use is not detected by typical drug screening tests, but its metabolites can be detected by more specialized testing.

The average ounce is under $10
I've been taking kratom daily as an insulator for the stress if the grind. It's cheap and not very addictive if used right.

It's legal to take a pill that will change your mind into wanting to be productive but if you use a plant to achieve happiness it's illegal.

They have methadone clinics not kratom clinics.

What a hugely popular thread this has become. OP must be so proud.

Just do heroin.

Yeah kratom is alright but I find the peaks that go with heroin worth the valleys.

Was that really needed kid?

Fuck no!

Is this USA?

The point I'm trying to make is that kratom has benifets and isn't nearly as addictive as H making it perfect for rehab centers and as an aid to stop opioid cravings. What's happening with kratom is the same thing that happened to pot. Kratom cut into big pharma and big booze so it has to be shit down.

Is the DEA even real
No wonder the commies hated the US, nothing wrong with capitalism, but this is just straight up corporatism

The entire drug war is a joke. It's designed to create crime not stop it.
After all if you could just open up a store on your front lawn or grow whatever you wanted (provided it doesn't change the local flora fawna)
A lot less people would be poor and a lot less would turn to crime. Just have neighborhood appointed inspectors that go around making people aren't using poisons on crops or selling old/rotten shit.

All these laws are designed to force us to run the wheel. The US has been a cage with no walls for a long time but now it's changing from us having a free roam box to us being restricted to the wheel

you guys better step up, I think americas stance against drugs is the main reason I dont want to go there, especially being from amsterdam (where almost anything is allowed as long as you dont hurt anyone) it's odd to say yeah this plant is cool but if you get a good feeling from this one, youre a criminal buddy
Fucking hell man, why arent there more protests against this shit?

The majority of voting Americans don't even know what kratom is first off, second we have been brainwashed since birth by the state and our brainwashed parents to be against "drugs" the bad kind, but fine with government meds.

I never understood how a plant could be made illegal

I was on Ritalin through puberty and that was fine with my mom but the day she found pot she told my stepdad and he beat the shit out of me. The fucked up thing is that they took my pipe but didn't throw it away. They kept it. I found it in the garage in a little box with a bar sticker on it, along with all her other pipes and a quarter of train wreck (bud).

Think about that and you get the half brainwashed half hypocritical nature of most Americans

I would destroy you. I'm 6'3" and 215 lbs. You will like the weight of me when I pin you down and violently fuck you in your ass. I will cum all over your back and then smack your ass.

That idea would go down a treat amongst the elderly who have garden plots.

Let me explain, over here, in the UK, we have these little communal farm/plot things for mentally or physically disabled/elderly people; where they can grow vegetables and fruit and stuff.

They called it garden therapy, and a few charities have their own garden therapy things.

Imagine if we put this in practice with these drug plants. Or any sort of drug plants.
Just a few fundraisers here and there. Volunteers to help out and sell them the whole 'You'll get work experience' schtick. Set up a few plots. Get a load of old, bored, retired people with creaky knees in the middle of bumfuck rural nowhere, let them keep all the stuff to themselves so distribution wouldn't be a thing. Hopefully cut down on harsher painkillers with approval of the local GP.

I know all this sounds hippy and gay as fuck, and will never happen. But you know, there is something idyllic and heartwarming about old people being bored and growing their own painkillers and recreational drugs.

The point I'm making is that it's not that great recreationally so it's no great loss. I've never found kratom to hold a candle to suboxone if you have a serious dependence.

actually that's what my parents are doing, theyre growing and cultivating pot in their backyard a painkillers, I think theyre off of most pills now thanks to pot and just taking life easy

Awww, that's nice.
See, that is how it should be.

I think a lot more people would subscribe to such an idea if explained well, and if not, I'm sure there are other legal plants that can help with other aches and pains.

There was a big push back in 2012 about 'Growing your own painkillers', back when Jamie Oliver was re-adjusting school dinners.

Do you know why it is being rescheduled? I never heard of this drug till now.

because any painkillers big pharma cant make money on is illigal, its just the way america handles things
I think right now the dutch state has 2 options, either let pot be like it is or start taxing it, which would make it only 1-2 dollars more per gram which is fine with me, if that means more money can go into helping the elderly and disabled
I know im a bit of a hippy about all this but I really do believe that pot is an ancient wonder under attack by the american government, which is just sad

Kinda went off topic, but what I was going with the taxing pot is that the american gov could just start taxing it a bit per gram and make their money back that way, great for the economy and debts and such I'd imagine

It really depends on the strain you take and your bodies specific makeup. The reds are downers the whites are uppers and the greens are just right in the middle

Pot and kratom compliment each other perfectly

Hi, FBI.

Nice subliminals in this image.

Idk even with the premium red strains it takes many grams to approach what a strip of subs can do for your sickness, plus kratom has a shorter half-life.

It's just too expensive to grow. A good set up is thousands of dollars. If I had the money to build a grow I would buy a car so I can get a better job.

It's not illegal to smoke tech concentrates with a canna card also kratom isn't illegal until the end if September

Depends, I think they just put a couple seeds in pots of ground up dirt and put them in the sun, I mean it probably isnt some high grade shit but if it works it works

Now we're talking.

nah don't if you have to use pain pills. and ones you know aren't fake (however even the fake pills have the same problem.

People are cutting all sorts of opiates with fentanyl analogues (china white), which is really easy to fucking kill yourself with.

Recently they put carfentanil, which is used to tranquilize fucking elephants in street heroin. The KGB used it to kill muslim terrorists for christs sake. There was a spate of overdoses because of this (this shit is way stronger than fent).

There are junkies that can snort the fent pills but not bang them and operate on the level of a severe base/meth head. But with that shit you're lucky if you're not stone dead everytime.

alot of drugs are powerful and are regulated to stop people killing themselves.

My friend from school (in the uk) went to amsterdam on holiday and met the wrong people, they found him dead in the canals.

While the stance is good there on drugs and prostitution it has lead to criminals taking advantage of this to make money.

not your personal slashfic blog

do you watch weed wars?

Tourists are just the fucking worst in amsterdam, saying anything is legal is more of a metaphor for yeah if youre cool and you know the right people you can get whatever, if you think youre cool BECAUSE you want to buy cocaine, well thats just a ticket to getting shot