SSBMelee Thread

General melee discussion. Start off sharing your main (+ preferred skin) and explaining your choice.

I've taken a liking to this pink lil puff ball of imminent, relentless terror. Why?

This fucking move man… very fun and satisfying to pull off on an opponent. "In Melee, it can be combo'd into using some of Jigglypuff's moves, such as up throw or up aerial, and it can KO reliably at as low as 25% Yikes

Just a preference thing, really. I love the way Jiggs is floaty, moderately fast, able to live so god damn long with the 5 jump + side b. Also she is exceptionally easy to short hop with.

At the end of the day you're maining a pussy pink air balloon that happens to be a psychotic killer. This is a given

Very key attribute within melee. Helps a lot with edge guarding, and its simply good in many situations to be mobile in the air.

Jiggs has one of the arguably best punishes in the game, Rest. Sheik dash attacks? Crouch shield, rest, gone. Fox side b? Hit him up with Rest as he's caught in that last bit of lag.

Gotta go with the green headband.

Your go

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/b/res/6148769.html#6148822
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Smash 4 is better tbh
Broken mechanics that Sakurai himself regretted putting in. If Melee had internet connectivity back then things like wavedashing would've gotten patched out in an update anyways

Your opinion, and I respect it. I have sm4sh on 3DS but really dislike the roster, controls, idk just doesn't tickle my tallywacker.

And objectively, melee is more technical. Again, its preference, just offering elaboration

Also I've soft modded my Wii with Homebrew (LetterBomb) and installed the 20xx training pack. Very helpful tool

Lastly, albeit a biased, personal problem of mine; The fact that Jiggs is literally at the bottom on sm4sh's tier list

Jeez friend make your whole mind up before you post
I've sold my Wii sadly but I have a computer that can run Dolphin at full speed now. I hear it's possible to play Melee and Brawl/Project AutisM online

heheh sorry Im speeding bro. Good on you that it works on PC. I hear Dolphin is ass, and my PC is way too ass to handle it. Online connectivity is a thing, yes.

Wut? It's one of the best emulators out there. It was capable of playing Skyward Sword at 1080p at 60fps before the game was even released in all regions. The system requirements are steep, sure, but I'll be dammed if anyone calls it ass. It's 300 active developers with autistic-tier devotion and some high-profile people profile programmers too

Just loaded sm4sh for the first time in 3 months+, hit with a software update AND a 30 min probation…

Allow me to rephrase that, then. Homebrewed Wii > Dolphin; The Wii has the GCN hardware so it plays like a normal GCN game (on disc)

And might I add (albeit preference) gotta stick with the GCN controller its one of the best ever made imo

Satan?

melee fans: melee is the best fighting game on the market, way better than those other fighters and godlike compared to tr4sh. i shouldn't have to explain this to plebs like you

sm4sh fans: its just a fixed melee guys haha no shine for you gay boi haha look at this roster woah who needs inputs haha cringememe.jpg

project m: melee is broken and im bad at smash 4, so ill just gimmick my way into winning because the developers dont know how to balance characters lololol

in my opinion; being a respected player at all three games; theyre all pretty shitty with their own flaws. and after playing each for about a year, they all suffer from over powered characters objectively dominating the rest of the cast to the point of not having fun playing anybody else. i loved putting the time into practicing these games, but the main reason i was doing it was for the fun of it. in the end, you either play competitively and win at all costs, or you unplug your controller and move on with your life.

I play casually with friends I just have fun.

Holy consecutive triples, batman!

im literally jealous

idk how I performed this sorcery. Funny story about my intuition last night. I was wondering where my brother was (was gone for 3-4 weeks) as well as my dad.

Later that night my bro shows up and my dad calls me for the first time in months

Brawl is better

"Beware of appearance know the devil was an angel/People change but sometimes only from an angle"

"I've been doing all these drugs and Im trynna sell packs. Can't sell my soul to the devil cause I write the contracts"

wrong bread
This one -> 8ch.net/b/res/6148769.html#6148822

does Melee have Solid Snake?

that's right, it doesn't

Play MGS then. I dont expect Goku or Luffy being added, yet they're still good in their own works

Fox (green jacket), because shine combos.

Jiggs (crown), actually because of fair/bair wall of pain moreso than rest.

Dr. Mario (blue), for casual games, because of low% combo potential. Also, his dtilt sends the players behind you. I like to stand near an edge when the opponent is at high%, dtilt them behind me (which they will almost always DI wrong), and bair their recovery.

Kirby (white), for super casual. He's hella easy to kill, and sucks at a lot of stuff, but his techskill game is insanely fun, and when you pull cool stuff off, it's like you killed them with Dan in street fighter. Also, suicide throws ftw (even if they're hella easy to shake out of, regardless of %)

in Project M, add Charizard, Donkey Kong, and Mario to the list.

in Brawl, i solo ROB

and I've only played Sm4sh once, so I don't really have a main on there, although I didn't do too bad against casual friends with Link.

in Smash 64, I was terrible at the game and pretty young, but I was a Kirby main.

Had too many connection issues on FG (imagine that) so I said fuck it and went to Holla Forums

It's just smooth bruh