So what are we going to do about proprietary hardware?

So what are we going to do about proprietary hardware?

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html

You could write a microcode patch, although supposedly the FSF has tried and say its not a feasible solution

Implement our own CPU designs on FPGA's.

But we would also have to make motherboards.

I don't know about you guys but I'm going with not being a pederast or durka durka camel fucker and things are going p. sweet.

That is also extremely hard, but not impossible. Low volume PCB manufacturing is available, and by stripping out many amenities the board's design can be greatly simplified (i.e. no onboard audio, no USB ports, no expansion slots, etc.)

Of course, what I'm suggesting would not be a viable multimedia device, especially considering a CPU implemented on an FPGA would have a clock rate in the MHz range (think like 50Mhz or so). But I don't think it necessarily needs to be one either, it just needs to be able to guarantee security

seize the means of CPU production

But I've heard you're not too fond of gender pronouns. A SWAT team is on the way.

But it's not just about what's legal and what isn't. What about hackers who exploit it?

The same thing we've been doing for years before the normie media latched onto the story.

and that is?

If you weren't such an obvious summerfag you'd know.

use old shit since it's fast enough and chip makers can't even explain what's improved about their new generations

but the hardware is still proprietary

Use a pre-2001 desktop for your main tasks (browsing, documents, email, shitposting, etc). I know, Clipper Chip and all that, but I'd argue that pre-9/11 surveillance was practically nothing compared to what we're dealing with today.

Use a cheap and disposable whatever for your media content. I'm using a MIPS-based CI20.

Nap all day, sleep all night, party never.

Vishera is the current answer. Not even slow.

hahahaha
stop kidding around user the adults are talking

x86 isn't long for this world anyway.

PRECISELY NOTHING, EXACTLY AS YOU DO FOR OPEN SORES SOFTWARE YOU SO DESPERATELY DEMAND

Learn how do computers work at a hardware level. Build up a kike starter and make a company dedicated to selling open hardware.
Gimme some books.

privatized factories are just as bad as privatized source code.

read "But How Do It Know?" user.

It needs to be cryptographically signed by Intel (or AMD for their equivalent). Even if you could write a FOSS version the processor won't run it.

Make open hardware. Better yet, make auditable hardware, i.e. hardware such that a sufficiently interested user can verify the hardware works as advertised with reasonable cost and effort.

RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V
RISC-V