Rise of the Guardians

Just watched this for the first time.

The story is cute, and I'm glad it didn't have those typical Dreamworks pop-songs and memes in it.

Though I have to say, and I don't know if it's the models, the textures, or whatever, but some of the shots look absolutely terrible!
Like bootleg Pixar Walmart DVDs

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/06/jeffrey-katzenberg-conflict-interest-comcast-deal-suit-1201780903/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By the way, just checked wikipedia and seems like this movie kinda fucked up the studio

Nice meme

Which must be why the CEO was desperate to sell

It was a fun movie, but it was also pretty silly. It did that really weird holiday movie where there's always one character that is just waaay too into the concept of a holiday in the weirdest way.

I bet you spam sumg stock text whenever someone posts a live-action movie on Holla Forums

Animated movies have counted for a long time, son

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/tumblr/

Excellent discussion, friendo

welcome to summer

Hush, tumblrfuck.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/tumblr/

kys tbh fam

It is a DreamWorks movie

Shitpostergoesfullretard.jpg

That second picture looks awful, but if it's as good as you say, I'll give it a watch.

Ignoring the tumblr boogeyman shitposter, it's OK. Nothing to write home about it, and isn't as bold as it wants to think it is.

it's totally fine.
the story is very typical for the genre, but the MC isn't a boring stupid kid and there are no musical parts, which already makes it better then 95% of children movies

Good, they should have gone with the version with Pitch's spaceship harpooning the moon instead of the dumb easter egg hunt bullshit

wait. was that really the original idea?
because the final release barely got into the whole moon man thing.

Well I was wrong about the spaceship part but yeah Pitch wanted to kill the man in the moon in the earlier drafts. I don't know why studios are so enthusiastic to completely discard the plot of their movies and start over from scratch these days but they need to stop doing it

Risk aversion.
This shit isn't new.

They probably felt superstitious.
It's probably bad mojo to write a story about killing the man in the moon when you company logo IS the man in the moon.

I always thought the character designs in this movie were exceptionally shit. Like not a single one of them is appealing, even Jack Frost is meh.

It's like they were going for something more "badass" and male targeted, but put the kid movie writers in charge of it so the styles just didn't work at all.

I think the villian, Tooth Fairy and Gaara… I mean Sandman… looked ok.

My love, I would slice open a million baby hearts if it made you happy because you are my girlfriend!!

Hows that for edgy and heartfelt?

I liked it a lot.
the plot was messy but the characters were nice.

Can you imagine the irony if they went through with it and then went bankrupt after the movie released?

It just makes you sound like a deranged serial killer.

deadline.com/2016/06/jeffrey-katzenberg-conflict-interest-comcast-deal-suit-1201780903/