Split

Holy shit this was good, Mcavoy was really great and it being a sequel to unbreakable was fucking mental

I hate this Indian poo in the loo film director.

But it was a good movie

oy vey

Wait really? Jesus christ the movie really makes you sympathize with mcavoys character too and shows how much pain he is in knowing he does such horrific things. People need to pay attention more

I will watch it on Putlocker not paying for this.

So does the multi personality guy fight the invulnerable guy or something?

WHAT THE FUCK

No it's essentially a supervillain origin story. Pretty sure the first movie to ever dedicate to just that too.

I watched it today. I thought it was ok.

Spoiling the movie for anyone here who doesn't care to watch it
the user who said McAvoy was actually possessed is a lying fuck by the way
back to the main story
oh and the split personalities don't know what the other personalities know unless they talk to each other in McAvoy's head

she had layers of shirts on the whole movie
>Bruce Willis is sitting there reading the newspaper and says "Mr. Glass"
>the screen goes black and Unbreakable 2 appears on the screen
>no I'm just fucking with you. but only about Unbreakable 2.
then the credits scroll by and the background has 24 mini credit screens scrolling too.

It should be out soon. Oscar season screeners and all that.

Eh I dunno if I want another universe.

what the fuck thanks user

bump

They are set in the same universe. Unbreakable 2 is coming out.

Make M.Night Great again

Why does this fucking Pajeet have to go and shit all over his best movie with someone shitty sequels? Christ.

neat

No way. I think he did this just for the little twist at the end of his movies. I have trouble believing he'll making a genuine sequel to a movie that came out almost 20 years ago.

One time, a buddy of mine theorized that Shyalaman wanted to make a sequel to Unbreakable so badly that he was actually shitting out as much hastily scrapped together schlock as fast as he could to fulfill his obligations for picture deals that he had to take care of first in order to make the one movie he really wanted.

serious question why in the fuck did you like unbreakable, I dont even remember it being bad just forgetable. occasionally someone will bring that one up like its some kind of masterpiece

What a TWEEST

Its a fucking sequel, Mr. Unbreakable named dropped "Mr. Glass" after reading the news of what Professor Exabiver did to the girls and some fat lady asked "Who was that one guy who would break his arms very easily" and he replied "Mr. Glass".

Its a sequel confirmed.

Just got back from the theater.

This is more or less accurate. Some stuff he left out I feel worth mentioning:

McAvoy was as good as I expected and the best part of the film by far. He plays crazy people quite well.
Still, I felt kind of ripped off because everything advertises 24 personalities, but we only ever really see four. 20 of them are good, safe personalities, we only meet the bad ones who have taken over to facilitate the arrival of The Beast.
Dennis is an user. He has OCD, is completely socially awkward and likes making young girls get naked and dance for him.
Incidentally, this is something I feel has been left out from descriptions of this film he repeatedly uses his OCD as an excuse to make the three girls remove articles if clothing. He'll complain about dust or dirt or a stain or something and insist they remove the offending articles. By the end of the film all three teenage girls are in their underwear, and honestly they had pretty nice bodies.

My one problem walking away from this was that I don't really think Unbreakable 2 would work building off of this. The villain was entirely developed here, and it's obvious where the next one would go. Bruce Willis tracks down the girl who survived, and protects her from The Beast while trying to get her to tell him that his name is Kevin Wendell Crump. I don't know how interesting that would be since we already know how The Horde works. I can only imagine the twist would be that he's developing a new personality with new more over the top personalities.

I assume it won't be the Horde but another villain and perhaps McAvoy as a mini-boss

This in no way tarnishes unbreakable, and honestly it was such a good flick note I say flick not kino because it really is a relax and watch type of film that it adds to it despite not being as good.

Well if you wanna go back to old comic books (which is what unbreakable is based off of) they set up villains to be foils to the main hero so they can do the whole weekly comic battle shit eventually leading up to a final confrontation. I don't think a straight up one on one encounter would work, but then again since both the hero and the villain are developed there wouldn't be any bullshit and they could just focus on the conflict itself which could actually be interesting.

Unbreakable wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a superhero movie without capeshit, which is kinda neat.

Since it was a shyamalan film I thought the captive and the old lady were the same person but set in different times while the split personaloty was able to stay immortal through his personalities, 24 lifespans. You know the captive is able to reach out to him and hey bond. That's why they kept switching between them talking to him and trying to outsmart him in their own way.
Course that's not true but that was in the back of my head as some kind lf ridiculous twist

So they are setting up the villain for Unbreakable to fight, basically?

You have been visited by the 7 day autosage fairy!