better kill myself

Where'd did you get -7xy?

lol

When he did -5xy + 12xy he forgot to change the subtraction sign to a plus sign

What, so basicly this faggot
thinks that -5xy + 12xy = - 7xy
the anwser is
3x² + 7xy - 20y²

No. I'm not going to speak for him but it's extremely likely he did this part in the brackets 3x² - [-5xy + 12xy] - 20y² in his head as 12xy - 5xy, then he plugged it back into the brackets but forgot to change the minus sign of 3x² - 5xy to a plus sign. It's a process mistake not an arithmetic mistake

I hope OP understood that you will fight over anything before he made this post.

but its a mistake non the less

oh, no maybe we should call the cops or something?

Yes, as he admitted

If you're getting a sense of superiority because he made a mistake in a math problem then that's on you

and you call that simpler than ops formula?

Paedophile
Rock Spiders like to lurk in small cracks
Chester the Molestor

this

this

It's simplified in the same way (2)(3) simplifies to 6.
lrn2mth

stupid cunt, i know its right, but it doesn't look simpler

underage b&

just a minute I will have it soon

3x^2+7yx-9y

solved

Well, the problem said to simplify. These guys multiplied it out, but that's not more simple, generally speaking.

If you gave me the multiplied version and told me to simplify, I would probably factor it. So, really, the starting value is simple enough. That's what you would use if you were trying to find where the value equals 0.

"Simplify" is too vague without context.

my problem with maths exactly, I havnt been able to find rules concerning this. like the rules that say that you have to work in order of power ()>powers>multiply>sum etc. But everytime I see that a division has to become a multiplication so maybe in order of simpler X>X>X>X>X>division>multiplication?

you forgot that the last part is (+4y * -5y), that equals -20y²

I'm not doing your fucking homework for you, underageb&

3x2 - 24y2
What did I get wrong?

The math problem

The rules you learn in school about mathematics are simply a guide.

The reason why you multiply before adding and all the other forms of operations are for the fact that multiplications are nothing more than a simplified way of writing something else.

If you had to understand all basic mathematical things to be able to simply multiply then you would be utterly fucked.

Same with certain formulas later on in mathematics. To be able to deduct them yourself or understand the entire formula is just added weight.

But for your multiplication thing,

Multiplication is nothing more than adding in a row.

5x5 = 5+5+5+5+5 - in here, x5 just means do the previous number and add it together with itself 5 times.

If you were to add 5x5+1, using the logic we just used, we get 5+5+5+5+5+1

Dividing is the opposite of multiplication

and the powers of are multiplications in rows.

5^5 = 5*5*5*5*5
etc.

Taking the root simply figuring out what was done to the power of 5, and logarithmic are used in order to figure out how many times the root was used to the power.

3x^2-2xy-20y^2

lol