Things you miss about the 90s

I for one get nostaligia sometimes about the early days of the internet. My time would be limited online, but things seemed so much bigger and more open back then. The wow factor of playing doom on dial up, the feeling of talking to people on aim. It all felt so amazing in ways tech never really, really, really gets to me now. It was a special time with a fledging world of home computers and internet usage. And it feels good to use the wayback machine and the like to look back.

But it isn't just that. I love how over the top things where in the 90s. We went to an era of things trying to get back to their roots, but there was something special about the 90s ads even. Movies? Yeah they forced the idea of being rough and tumble, badass a bit. And magazines? I love that old style of grapphic design you see in them. Comics? Cartoons? They where all over the top.

It's not necessairly that this stuff was better, the fact that you look back on it, the fact that its your past makes it so much bigger than it is. Something beyond the scope of just your memories. But I'll always look back, and remember fondly an era where music videos on tv seemed cool.

What little things do you miss from the 90s user?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwrHGO7ljR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No doubt the games.

Me fucking too, I use retroarch to get my fix of everything 90s games related. Then I mostly play pc and portable games after that era. There are always exceptions of course. But the 90s was my favorite era for gaming easily.

no millennials.

How can you miss old games if they never went away? Just keep playing them. You can even emulate them and play them better than you could originally.

You're technically right about "missing", but there was something special about growing up with the games as they were coming out (in the 90's) that can't really, really, really be relived.

I'm associating the fun of my childhood years with the games, among the other things I was doing then.
Those memories I do "miss". And they can't be replaced or replicated now.

I was born at the end of the 90's and remember how cool yahoo and msn were before google got big and Facebook.

glad i saw one of these threads because i really, really, really miss this bullshit from leaving facebook.

the 90's sucked a pile of dicks and you all know it

The early post-communism combloc politics.

I miss running in the 90's

:-OOOOO

The internet requiring at least a small knowledge of computers to access, so it wasn't full of complete and utter fucking morons. :)

I miss The Simpsons being good

Hey, my webm is going about. :) Thanks user! :D

ur welcum

Seinfeld.

What if we made a board about nothing?

My man!

best part of the 90s famalam

danks for makign id xD You habben to have a link to de muzig in id :-D

LOL :dd New wo xDrd fil xDter i see xD

The 90's? I miss trying to impregnate my kid sister.

I miss:

When only academic research laboratories and libraries had access to the web.

When only rich fuckers had cell phones, and people would actually pay attention when walking down the sidewalk.

When the future looked bright, and muzzies stayed in their sandbox.

Keenan and Kel

Backstreet Boys

I miss not being alive

90s..
the wall had just come down
nobody had any problems with Muslims
Commies were opening their doors
the world was full of opportunity
the net was not censored
tv, music and movies were good
and all the games were fresh
kids played outside in the park
people had jobs that paid bills
ideology still had meaning
religion too
now everything is a fucking joke.
america is divided 10 ways
our government and media
is fucking owned
everything is a fucking joke

Staying unconnected.

No cellphone carried everywhere, no stressed people if you dont follow your schedule. You could still be very much alone, real alone, if you wanted to. A less hectic time.

A Clinton in the White House.

youtube.com/watch?v=BwrHGO7ljR0

I miss white people.
That's not even a joke, if you go watch some old 90s commercials or tv shows, almost everyone is white.

Thread theme.

but thats wrong user. Kikes have always been pushing "diversity"

I miss how the US national debt was actually reducing.

It's not too late to go back to the way things were, user. I highly recommend it.

found the youngfag