Hey Holla Forums, is Opera a good browser?

Hey Holla Forums, is Opera a good browser?

Yeah it's decent.

Has inbuilt adblocker and VPN.

it's a proprietary, Chinese Chromium reskin

is that good?

Opera dev is better. get that one

Otter-browser

Yes.
>VPN as a browser add-on that doesn't work with this broke ass site

I'm using the Opera VPN right now.

No

What a convincing argument. Why, I bet you could convince folks that 2+2=5 like that.

Maybe I'll consider it if they reimplement torrents.

top goy

What a convincing argument. Why, I bet you could convince folks that 2+2=6 like that.

Not anymore.

Kill yourself immediately

Yes, in versions 12 and earlier. You should check it once to learn how fast and usable the browser can be (and how fucked up and incompatible modern web can be made).

No.

I dont want either of those in a browser. Even if I wanted ad blocking, it wouldn't have any performance benefit by being built in rather than a plugin, so that would be bad engineering. inb4 >just werks

I disagree. I like browsers actually having features that make sense to have right out of the box. One of the main reasons I still used Opera when they still had a built in torren client integrated directly into the download menu.

Their jump to being chromium based is was essentially when I jumped ship for a myriad of obvious reasons. Built in VPN is a great idea but not enough to make me go back.

Fuck off samefag

Boy, you must love systemd.

There is literally no reason not to adapt a browser's download options to popular preferences such as torrents.

Except that a web browser is just that: a browser. It renders and displays websites. That's it. Infact they usually have such piss-poor downloaders that people will get third party plugins and addons to use different file downloaders.

What you want is a some kind of unholy internet suite like AOL was back in the day. That's what systemd is to the Linux crowd. It's the OS version of AOL.

no, it is chinese botnet

user, you know that opera always had issues rendering shit

opera was ok before (v12), now? not so much

chrome reskin with in the hands of the chinese

Spotted the lynx user.

No.

It used to be. It's not any more.

how is it>?

Using free software is about having principles. If you wish to be someones bitch by using proprietary software. Go ahead, nobody is stopping you. But don't try acting like you're doing the right thing because you're doing the same thing as every other normie out there.

About as good as it gets for being a data mining tool.

well I just need it for shitposting, guess I'll download it.

I prefer giving my data to the Chinese tbh - at least they removed the USA/Google botnet from it.

why should this thread be sticky??