I'm seeing this pop up on a bunch of normie sites. No fix so far

I'm seeing this pop up on a bunch of normie sites. No fix so far.

Seems they're getting more serious about stopping ad blockers.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is
variety.com/2016/tv/news/diversity-television-white-male-showrunners-stats-fox-nbc-abc-cbs-cw-study-1201789639/
adage.com/article/media/york-times-exploring-ad-free-digital-subscription/304322/
prefbar.tuxfamily.org/buttons.html/category/usability#blockautorefresh
github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just fine another that as what your looking for or if it's just a news (e.g. WSJ), use archive.is to get around it.

Can you link to an example site? Haven't come across this yet

Pretty obvious that the fix is to stop going on normie trash websites

variety.com/2016/tv/news/diversity-television-white-male-showrunners-stats-fox-nbc-abc-cbs-cw-study-1201789639/

Works fine for me. I have NoScript, maybe try that?

oh and ublock origin is my adblocker, plus hosts file adblock

In Germany we currently have an ongoing lawsuit about sites blocking you from using them if you have adblock enabled.
As of now it looks like this kind of procedure is going to be outlawed but odds can still change.

kek

All these faggots are doing is guaranteeing I won't use their site if they pull this shit

Did a bit of research, it appears that NoScript will block all anti-adblockers... with the exception of this:

Doesn't adblock let you choose to ignore content of tags?

Adblock as in the chrome extension named "adblock"? Fuck if I know, I don't use chrome.

Adblockers in general? uBlock origin doesn't seem to offer the option, and a quick google search reveals nothing.

You can disable the specific thing in by going to about:config (on firefox) and searching for "blockautorefresh", but it'll also disable legit meta-refreshing. If this sort of anti-noscript becomes common, someone will no doubt figure out a solution.

People block ads -> websites block adblockers
Websites block adblockers -> people disable javascript to block anti-adblockers
People discover how amazing the web is without javascript -> websites create javascript-free content
With any luck, we can wave goodbye to web2.0 and get back to the web as it should be

...just block that, too?
And make sure to use umatrix to avoid allowing the kind of js that detects this

It appears there is a fix, actually. NoScript → Options → Advanced → Untrusted → 'Forbid META redirections inside elements'. Don't know if this will break any legit meta-refreshes, but I'm enabling it anyway

Imagine being a blind or visually impaired person who needs text to voice trying to use the web nowadays. Right at the beginning 10 years ago there was a big 'fuck you' to all of them with those horrible flash intros and now if they try to disable videos ads that autoplay they're told to go away.

It's a good thing these defective people are still around and fight for their rights.

In fact, ubloc origin has 3 lists that block anti-adblock

##noscript > meta[http-equiv="refresh"]?

adage.com/article/media/york-times-exploring-ad-free-digital-subscription/304322/

I'm not familiar with Adblock syntax but as far as I can tell, ## only hides elements. That won't do anything.

I can get to the site just fine with an aggressive ublock profile enabled.

Would you fuck a prostitute with no condom?

prefbar.tuxfamily.org/buttons.html/category/usability#blockautorefresh

pleb

I have had my IP blocked for blocking nonfree Javascript with LibreJS

Do we? As far as I know, there was only the Eyeo/Springer case, which is still open and about something different since both companies are selling ads.

github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

This guy gets it.

Worked for me just fine.

Adblock Lists have been updated to fix it.

Only lasted a few days.

I would fuck a condom with no prostitute.