Linux concerns

Will linux stay free? I am concerned that with increasing popularity it will become more botnet. Driven by redhats and other corporations greed. Just look at ubuntu, it gets worse every release.
What desktop OS will we use once linux becomes corrupted?

Other urls found in this thread:

fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/
jxself.org/linux-libre/
mjg59.dreamwidth.org/39546.html
linuxfoundation.org/about/members
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html
ia800800.us.archive.org/30/items/SamuelThibaultOnGnuHurd/SamuelThibault-GnuHurd.ogv
mirror.as35701.net/video.fosdem.org/2015/devroom-microkernels/hurd__BAD_AUDIO.mp4
archive.fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/hurd_microkernel/attachments/slides/163/export/events/attachments/hurd_microkernel/slides/163/2013_02_02_fosdem.pdf
people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/2013-02-02-fosdem.pdf
video.fosdem.org/2014/H2214/Sunday/GNUHurd_DDE_userland_device_drivers.webm
archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/hurd/attachments/slides/686/export/events/attachments/hurd/slides/686/2015_02_01_fosdem.odp
video.fosdem.org/2015/devroom-microkernels/hurd__BAD_AUDIO.mp4
fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/microkernels_hurd_rump_sound_usb/attachments/slides/951/export/events/attachments/microkernels_hurd_rump_sound_usb/slides/951/2016_01_30_fosdem.pdf
video.fosdem.org/2016/k4601/hurd-rump-kernel-sound-and-usb.mp4
pcbsd.org/
linuxvoice.com/interview-lennart-poettering/
fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_contributions
redhat.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Look at the linux foundation. It has been stacked with corporate interests, it'll probably remain free, but will be taken in whatever direction corporate masters want, ie botnet. See systemd as an example, run by redhat, pretty much forced on the community, but community didn't have the resources to fight it, so now systemd is the default

You fucking retards don't even know what the meme entails anymore.
No one had to use Red Hat's software, you retarded sack of shit. Everyone could've just kept using SysV or Upstart, but surprise, they're both dog shit, with Upstart being affected by critical bugs that makes it worthless.

Calm down Lennart

Shame everyone except the best distro ignored the power of openrc

It's already corrupted since Torvalds authorized blobs in its shit kernel
fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/
jxself.org/linux-libre/

Plus the linux foundation went full retard by denying the democracy that it had

mjg59.dreamwidth.org/39546.html

linuxfoundation.org/about/members

You have two choice user the linux libre kernel witch just removes binary blobs from the kernel

Or go help the hurd
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html
ia800800.us.archive.org/30/items/SamuelThibaultOnGnuHurd/SamuelThibault-GnuHurd.ogv
mirror.as35701.net/video.fosdem.org/2015/devroom-microkernels/hurd__BAD_AUDIO.mp4

Hello Lennart! Are you sad not everyone jumps on the systemd train?

The to last files saved.

want more user ?

Hello individual with a mental illness
I particularly don't care, nor do I think Lennart really cares if anyone uses his software, or what people's reactions are to it, I think like many other project managers he's primarily concerned with the technical, versus Holla Forums which is primarily concerned with their feels (It's ironic, isn't it?
)
The only people who truly care are mentally ill faggots like you who pretend as if you're super special for not using a piece of software or not. And even then you aren't interested in the technicals for why something is the way it is, you are only interested in your feels.

FOSDEM 2013
slides
archive.fosdem.org/2013/schedule/event/hurd_microkernel/attachments/slides/163/export/events/attachments/hurd_microkernel/slides/163/2013_02_02_fosdem.pdf

Université Libre de Bruxelles
Slides
people.debian.org/~sthibault/hurd-i386/2013-02-02-fosdem.pdf

video
video.fosdem.org/2014/H2214/Sunday/GNUHurd_DDE_userland_device_drivers.webm

FOSDEM 2015

slides
archive.fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/hurd/attachments/slides/686/export/events/attachments/hurd/slides/686/2015_02_01_fosdem.odp

Video
video.fosdem.org/2015/devroom-microkernels/hurd__BAD_AUDIO.mp4

FOSDEM 2016

Slides
fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/microkernels_hurd_rump_sound_usb/attachments/slides/951/export/events/attachments/microkernels_hurd_rump_sound_usb/slides/951/2016_01_30_fosdem.pdf

Video
video.fosdem.org/2016/k4601/hurd-rump-kernel-sound-and-usb.mp4

Stop this fucking meme, literally does not exist.

make up your mind.

Fuck freetards are retarded.

No, we want year of freedom desktop

No, we want people to learn about freedom and community.
People who doesn't corrupt the purpose of a software just because they

Using free/libre software isn't about convenience it's about freedom and community

More like it's being able to use and make software without your computer getting AIDS.

You don't want programs you use to go about yout business phoning some chink's remote server with your data (see osu!) on the other side of the world or installing adware/spyware/malware with no other recourse than to bend over and take it.

Fuck of with your FUD. It was Lannart with his "Gentoo doesn't use systemd because they're mostly old people afraid of learning new things" who sucked many people into this, when they were just doing their thing - not because they were "systemd haters" (they often weren't), but because they preferred something other than systemd.

good concern, very probable, but the thing is that linux is GPL, so everyone can create botnet free distro, or take things from linux to BSD or some new version of plan9

So yeah, red hat will continue fucking it up, but the people who popularized linux in the first place not talking about smartphones now will try to keep it free

Hello Reddit

^this. Much of software is written by technically savvy for technically savvy who don't particularly care whether their OS has 1% market share. Gentoo isn't going away any time soon and if Linux were to do some spectacular fuckup, they already have working BSD variant.

he maybe is a idiot but even idiots got points sometime.

OpenRC is deprecated

There are major distributions with no interest in that kind of crap. Debian, for example, is completely run by volunteers, and it has a social contract that binds it to certain standards.

Many parts of Linux distros are maintained independently from those companies. Everything GNU, for example. Linux-libre and Debian both remove proprietary parts from the kernel.

A nice thing about free software is that you're not bound to a single packager.

Thanks!

Hurd looks really interesting, and it would be great if it one was a viable alternative to Linux.

i know rite how long until there is russian GMO software vaccines in the linux corporation poison your comupter

see pic

I am currently using Debian, if it goes botnet I will try fedora.
gentoo and arch are too fucking difficult to install.

FreeBSD's kernel (so you get GNU/kFreeBSD) is a more viable alternative to Linux at the moment. Debian and Arch have ports that use it.

PCBSD?
pcbsd.org/

That's the equivalent of using Sabayon instead of Gentoo or Manjaro instead of Arch. I.e. for retarded babbies that'll get upstream + downstream bug for no gain.

Also, I've hear that GhostBSD was better for babby's first BSD.

Red Hat is the least greedy of all the companies behind Linux development. I would worry more about Intel, Google, Samsung, HP and the likes

More like that quote doesn't exist and you're a tremendous fucking faggot.

oh vey. At least it does resemble a 'U' and a 'G'

FreeBSD is way more blob-ridden than any other BSD

Debian's version of it isn't allowed to be.

Don't laugh too hard. It could give rise to usable ideas.

There's actually a point to Manjaro though because it uses different repositories that make it more stable.

It is. PC-BSD is poorly optimized.

Might have to try that Debian version.

Suicide yourself.

More like it's about using inferior garbage with fewer features because you're retarded.

wew lad, for a "insert amount of time" there I was worried

related logo ?

If you call arbitrarily holding updates for 2 extra weeks after they have already gone through arch testing repo "more stable" I guess so. I don't call it that though.

It's a lot more stable in my experience. Plus they also tend to have pretty tasteful defaults in my opinion. It's arch without all the tinkering at the beginning, which is what I prefer. It's not that I can't do the tinkering, and I certainly have before. It's that I find the tinkering rather pointless and would rather just be ready to work out of the box.

test post pls ignore

Linus does not even consider it Free Software but just Open Source and even calls the licenses open source which I just assume he actually means GPL.

You have to go back Lennart

No, he's correct.... He didn't say they were afraid, but he certainly implied it
linuxvoice.com/interview-lennart-poettering/
Defending Poettering in a PR matter was a really stupid idea of yours, user. He's known to be a whinny bitch. You were bound to lose.

Nothing in that article implies it.

Go ahead, type `rc`. Tell me what happens.

Arch is community controlled and it's been a smooth ride for the last few years.

Just avoid Ubuntu and you're done. Even RedHat's cancer is tolerable on the server, only Canonical is ruined beyond belief.

Why is Gentoo literally the one single distro in this world that uses the one single init that is not shit?

$ rc%
Now what?

Linux will stay free as long as people fork non-free distros.

BSD or Plan 9

Since Linus Torvalds holds the trademark to the Linux name AND because copyright law is also the de-facto copyright holder of the Linux kernel minus user contributions, he can very well decide one day to make Linux proprietary and effectively orphan all Linux contributions made under the GPL just to fuck with Freetards, shit would be pretty cash tbh

Nigga do you have a fucking brain in your head? Do you have any idea how many contributors there are and how much of the codebase those contributions take up?

the GNU/Linux ecosystem has been driven by redhat since forever.
see fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_contributions
Redhat made GNU/Linux what it is today.

Lennart GTFO: redhat.com

That's what you get for trying to attract the masses, who are fucking retards and ruin everything. This includes most of the mount stupid in Holla Forums by the way. Whenever someone said year of the Linux desktop every lintard creamed their pants and this is the result.