Dark Tower movie

It's a little disappointing but also kind of nice they're semi doing something new to expand on the books. Still a proper adaption of the books as a tv series would have been nice.

Any books you've read you want to see adapted to films or television?
Or are you just too jaded and believe hollywood's vision won't fit your imagination's take.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necroscope
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They purposely made it a new entry so people would stop raging over isis ekbow casting

Elbow*

Wolves of the Calla was one of the worst entries though. Why couldn't they do the Drawing of the Three or even Wastelands if they had to do a sequel movie?

You can't have a visual adaptation of the crazy shit that happens in a fun book, no matter how good you are.

I can't wait to see my favorite actor plow more white women on screen. It's just like Stephen King's original vision but better.

He is one handsome hunk in all honestly

A tv series of Wheel of Time that;
-cuts out at least 50% of the unnecessary characters added after the first 6 books
-reduces the entire story down to just a 5 season long arc
-Resists the temptation to make the desert nomad people all be middle eastern for diversity quotas.
-gets rid of Jordan's obnoxious habit of introducing female characters that are intentionally written to be incredibly unlikable cunts just for the explicit purpose of having them knocked down a few books later… in a manner that probably involves them being spanked while naked. I get that it was his fetish, but the pay off is no where near worth chugging through a thousand pages of them being loudmouth, god awful, plot congealing bitches first.

Bull or buck is the proper terminology.

I think this is kind of stupid thinking honestly, if it's a good book then why would you want it to get adapted into an inferior version? You already have the book. Films should be made to be films from the ground up so that it can take advantage of the strengths of the medium.

Depends but I do enjoy the visual fidelity a film or tv series may bring to books if my imagination isn't up to snuff.

I want his Dark Tower inside my wife.

Except Egwene the bloody Flame of Tar Valon. That bitch got no comeuppance.

Good work on pissing away that franchise you fucktards. I'm no feminist or like stronk womenz, but Modesty Blaise in comics-form was the shits.

It's been so long since I have read the series that I forgot that was one of the books or that it was 7 books long. Of course, a friend of mine back in high school ruined the true ending, which caused to never touch the last book. I've gotten over since then, but I still don't really have any sort of desire to reread them.
However, I do remember the quality of the series deteriorating as time went on. The later books felt rushed and the early death of the clock work king was such a disappointment after his build up in the previous book. The flashback book was okay, but I think my favorite sections where when that druggie and possibly Roland end up on an airplane in the past and when a haunted house gains life and tries to eat that kid companion. They eventually end up in the wizard of oz world and that's where I believe they meet the clockwork king. The ending does make sense in retrospect, but it wasn't what I wanted at the time. I was far too used to books that ended with solid conclusions to be told it's an endless cycle until Roland essentially forgives and forgets the man in black.

To be fair, the endless cycle is entirely in Roland's hands. However, I highly doubt he'll ever give up the chase.

It can serve to get others to read the books if they liked the movies. It can be a bit daunting to enter a bookstore with little clue as to what you might like to read. It's much easier if you already recognize a story and already have some interest in it. Just look how big lore explanations can be based off of movies, tv shows and video games. Star Wars had a ton of lore books and many spawned from video games as well like the Halo books.

Tv shows generally do a good job of condensing the book into a form that is hopefully more entertaining in shorter bursts. IT can be a slog to get through at times, but the tv series was very quick to get the viewer into it. On that note, I worry for the movie as a lot will have to be condensed if it they just go with a single film. Then there's the ending where it was an alien in the book and a spider monster/alien spider in the tv series. Although. not all books are a slog to get through and adventure stories are generally pretty quick to get into unless the author feels like cranking up the autism to 11.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necroscope
Necroscope would make a fine tv mini series. I think a mini series would be the better option for most books. A tv show can really drag along as seen by the Walking Dead. I understand that the WD is a soap opera, so that a tv series fits it better in that regard. However, a nice condensed mini series would be great.

get out of here, you book nigger

>>>/books/

Don't be salty because there are still good books being made while television and film is a wasteland that jackals would turn their noses up at.

The kid can't act for shit. Matthew doesn't fit the role but that's presumptive of me over 5 seconds of screentime

this. the Dark Tower series is probably named after what he likes to see his wife suck on

Which one is it? I see "bull" and "buck" interchangably around here. Whats the differentiation of the two terms? Can any other insane cuckolding fetishist that's been in the game longer than I have clarify?

You never go outside now, do you?

This is why Japan will always be superior. Fictional Japanese women are nothing like real women.

into le trash it goes

Shame he stars in so many shit films and only small bits. The only ones that weren't were his father's directed movies.

Didn't she get spanked three times a day for like a month, then end up sacrificing herself casting that asspull of a weave? Tho maybe I'm wrong about her dying, I forget

She dies though

Could be really cool as long as they don't add any SJW shit or make it into a Game of Thrones ripoff. Kingkiller Chronicles and the Dresden Files would also make great movies/TV

Her time as a damane and aes sedai prisoner was designed to help show how stronk and iron willed she was. Same with her death. She never apologized or was even confronted about all the times she was a ungrateful cunt to people like Mat who saved her bacon unlike Nynaeve and the rest. She was lionized as the greatest Amrylin Seat ever and didndu nuffin wrong. Fuck Egwene.

I'm at book 8, and I don't think Egwene hasn't really pulled any bullshit like Nyneve, and Elaine has.

I feel like Wheel of Time works better as an anime than a live action tv since its filled with anime tropes, and cliches. I can't see real life actress pulling off the characters with any justice. Plus you would have free rein to make the cultures as weird as they are in the books without dumbing it down with race chances.

I could watch that.

Dresden Files is a steaming pile of shit

nah, its a comfy book series and would make a comfy tv series.

how is it shit then buddy?, lemme know because all I hear is you talking out your ass.

Is STALKER a shit game? Because it's comfy as fuck.

The Drawing of the Three would be impossible to adapt specifically because of the whole racist paraplegic black woman shitting on Roland for being white for literally 90% of the book. Can't call the MC a honky mahfah with a little candlestick if he's beenBLACKED.
Not sure why they wouldn't go with The Wastelands though.
Maybe them fighting the gigantic bear cyborg would be too hard for them to pull off?

STALKER is an utterly unpolished turd, but it's an interesting turd.

Maybe as four big budget seasons. It might be too much for film to do reliably.

Wizard and Glass was the best book and would be easiest to adapt. It also takes place earliest.