Holla Forums I need help

Holla Forums I need help.

(1/?)

Other urls found in this thread:

ged.com/about-the-test
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

now im fucking stuck here in a pile of self-loathing, unsure of what the fuck to do.

so, Holla Forums…

wat do.

I'm severely underweight. That won't help.

Oh I know, you just have to gain weight, take a shower, hit the weights, and get a clue.

And then get wrestling training.

We have no gym equipment, and the gym in the town is across town (I don't mind the walk) but you have to pay like $15 for each session you're in. I don't have that kind of money, and my mother, who I live with, isn't willing to help with that. She can barely pay rent this month (Had to sell the car that was supposed to be given to me to get it)

what a fucked up family
I suppose there is no dad around
and believe me - single mums behave with grown kids like leeches
exactly what I'm saying

Dad's is deployed, and refuses to pay child support or even talk to me, my brother, or sister. Did that when he dated some fucking Italian-Wannabe Cunt.

exactly what I'm saying

I don't get what you mean by this. I mean, her ex-boyfriend's car (that was the car) said he wanted it to go to me. He went to prison about a year ago, and my mom finally got fed up and just sold the car though. I understand why but I'm just saying it sucks ass that it had to happen, I'm complaining more about the lack of a license, GED, and money.

now your mum has a boyfriend who went to prison?
I would really like to help, but I don't know where to start
since you can't change your environment

maybe go to a church or some social institution? tell them your situation, try to find people who can tell you where the money sources are.

I'm not sure… it just feels weird turning to a church. If it helps any, I'm trying to aim to the Army, but… still.

(OP/Me)

I'll see what churches are in the area, just 2 of the nearby 'churches' are cults that have their own bibles. The rest are either black churches, or hispanic churches to add. It'd be weird for a white man such as myself going to them was my point.

Damn. You are born in the wrong place.

Look for each and every Charitable organization in your area.

Otherwise there must be plenty of stupid jobs to do for $5, but your region doesn't look very rich.

It's not at all, user. It's not at all. I'll see what I can gather, but there isn't even any homeless shelters, nor Red-Cross in my city. That's all down 14 minutes away as a drive, God knows how long to walk.

maybe you should move to another region, more affluent, where there are more companies and social services and wealthy people
how old are your brother and sister?

Brother is 20, sister is 23. I don't want to move in with my sister because she has a boyfriend, and that's her own thing. Brother, he's forced to live with his aunt for stealing $2,000 from my mum in Christmas money some 2 years ago to keep his drug-dealers rent afloat.

Plus, how am I to move if I have no money, user? I can't become hobo.

Enlist. Your warmongering leaders could always use some meatshields

that's not the point of enlistment, but I seem to lack a GED so I can't enlist to begin with. Calm down with your high-horse "military are bad" hurr durr shit though. It's making you look edgy. I'm going in so I can be an medic (come out and become EMT), not whatever shit you're trying to pander that all soldiers are bad just because you were raised with a pacifier in your ass.

You have to be really fucking dumb to drop out of high school so why don't you join the military?! "Free" food, exercise with personal instructors, extracurricular activities, lots of friends, educational opportunities, travel the world, etc.

Do it ya bastard, you have nothing else in life!

Dropped out to help pay for rent, and it was dumb looking back on it but I helped when it was needed. To enlist, I need a GED/Diploma, and the Military isn't going to loosen that policy. I don't even have the money to get my GED is the issue.

OP, I ended up meeting a childhood friend by chance last night, and he had fucked up childhood. He ended up never graduating high school, but he was still able to get jobs despite it. Whenever he was asked about graduating high school, he lied straight through his teeth. You know what happened? He got jobs.

Personally, I admire you trying to get on track your own way and getting your GED. You strike me as someone who does their best to be honest and straight with people. However, doing that right now is not going to help you.

What you need to do now is practice lying about graduating high school and keep applying for jobs. When you look the interviewer in the face and convincingly tell them you got your GED, you'll have a better chance of getting employed. From there, you can save up enough money to retake the GED exam if you choose to do so.

It sucks to say, but your family is doing fuck-all for you, so it's strictly up to you to help yourself.

The next best option I can think of is entirely based on luck, but it would be to start networking. You talk to many new people, and once you get a good flow in the conversation, find a way to casually drop how you're looking for a job. Here it's up to you whether you lie or not, but I'd suggest telling the truth here: give them a short backstory on how you had to quit school to help pay rent, and you've had trouble getting a job without your GED. Then you can talk about how you want to take the test again, but don't have the money to without a job. You could even straight up ask if they know anyone who's looking for a worker.

I know a guy who networked and ended up with a six digit paying job. This guy has a criminal record, so finding work for himself was not easy. Hell, there are even people who study and work their entire lives never make that much money.

Oh, and next time your brother or sister ask for money tell them no. As long as they can't evict you, they both fucked you over without a second thought. Just because their family doesn't excuse them from shitty behavior.

You sure did help that ungrateful fucking stupid single mom of yours.

I just did less than a minute of googling and found this: ged.com/about-the-test

"
How much does it cost?
The cost of the GED® test differs from state to state
Pay for one subject at a time
Subjects in most states are $30 or less
Retake your test at a discount if you don't pass
"

Is it legit? Who knows? But if you do a little googling you will get better answers than hanging yourself.

Just because someone's dumb doesn't mean they're drop-dead retarded.

You have internet. Go to Craigslist. Look for yard-raking work and other shit.

Or stand in front of Home Depot and offer to help.

You can make money. Get the GED, save $1000, buy a shitbox car, get the fuck out of ghettosburg.

For my state, to schedule, its $135 for each course.

Thank you, user. I'll try my best with networking, I'm just not sure where to start. As for the lying about the GED, grand idea. I can even just say "Oh, sorry, I meant to say no but was thinking yes" or something if its called out. I'm sure its something so basic they won't even bother looking into.

You don't have to tell me twice.

Thanks user.

Wouldn't antiretaliation laws be in place or does that not applied in your situation

Anti-retaliation laws?

Just lie and say you graduated on ALL applications. No one asked to see a diploma. Jesus Christ

that's what he's doing

No problem. Networking usually just means talking to everyone. It could be someone next to you buying food in a grocery store, or sitting and talking to someone on a bench. Bars might be your best bet. You don't even have to buy any drinks, just get an ice water. You're likely to find plenty of guys by themselves who wouldn't mind having someone to talk to.

I'm 18, but I'll try that.

You can get free GED materials from the internets. You don't need to buy any books.

Well, the tutor had it in her fees. She brought books, and added that to her total.

what a depressing thread

Your family is fucking shit mate.
Go over to wherever your sister is and give her a fucking piece of your mind. It'll make you feel better.