Times Holla Forums woke you up

This past week has really opened my eyes.
I was impartial to the star wars prequels. Didn't love them but never hated them.
Even so I would always read the same hate from "real" star wars fans and I never dwelled on it since it was the norm.
After the praise and defense on this board I finally had something to contrast with the hate. Frankly the haters are beyond childish and all their "arguments" consists of regurgitated buzzwords and shitposting. The prequel fans are at least able to back up their arguments with scripts, images and their general knowledge against the haters' ignorance.
I love the original trilogy but the fans of that are beyond cringey when they are driven by their autistic anger over the prequels compared to the prequels fans who are able to appreciate both trilogies for their cinematography and how they were both able to offer something unique to the star wars universe.

We know its you George. Stop shitposting and make a new movie.

All 7 and a half Star Wars is shit.

Tbh the only good starwars is the cartoon Network samurai Jack art style clone wars. Shit was perfect.

Sorry fam, still trash that doomed a beloved franchise.

Did you really get so assblasted in the other thread that you had to create a new one?

The only prequel haters left here are reddit refugees.

Stop larping as an OT fan, you're a prequel apologist.

Holla Forums taught me that it was selfish of me to expect my wife to be sexually satisfied by me and my inferior genes

Tbh I love how bootyblasted the RLM fans get whenever you point out how butthurt they get.

Preach it, Mike.

I honestly never understood why the prequels get so much hate.
I don't think they're particularly good, but they're still very enjoyable to watch, yet some people will shit their pants if you even mention them.
They're not anywhere near the worst movies to be shat out of Hollywood either.
Fucking fanboys having retardedly high expectations is what the real problem is.
Yeah, it's good to expect decent quality out of something you love, but at the same time expecting it to be god's gift to mankind is fucking stupid and unreasonable.

Acting is abysmal beyond Obi Wan and Sheev

Fuck off, pleb. Hayden's performance was 10/10

Now this is shitposting

I've been redpilled pretty hard on the prequels, I pity the people who still cling to the fat cuckold who made Space Cop.

You're not allowed to have an opinion on Hayden until you see it.

why would anyone want that?
stop replying to yourself, George

Plenty of actors have killed it one movie and bombed in another. This doesn't make his performance in the prequels not trash. You reaching big time with this weak shit.

I'd love to see his experimental kinos tbh fam.

I think he did a wonderful job in the prequels. What's wrong with his acting?

What's the next step of your master plan?

Fucking pleb, no joke, kill yourself, queer.

What part of his performance was bad? Everyone says they don't like the way Anakin acts in the the Prequels, that isn't a criticism of Hayden's performance, that's a criticism of the character. You're all butthurt fanboys who are angry that Vader isn't the guy you wanted him to be.

Yes, a person can have an opinion. One doesn't have to watch an entire filmography of an actor to know he or she is shit. He was flat and wooden in the prequels, in Jumper, and in this fucking trailer. He sucked some cock to get a shot at the big leagues and he failed. No reason to celebrate the fucker.

Hayden is probably the only actor you know of who hasn't sucked Jewish cock.

Lets cut to the chase here, you know every reason why his acting wasn't liked and I know every reason why you think it was good. Are any minds going to be changed here? Or is this just going to ouroboros into the same posts with minor variations that it always does? Stop with that fucking fanboy shit though at least. I don't think the sun rises and sets on the franchise as a whole including the fucking OT. It undercuts your legitimate arguments when you do that shit. The cinematography, myth structure, and vision of the prequels is good but it will be a cold day in hell before I ever cosign to this Hayden was an appreciated genius as Anakin shit.

ESB is the only good movie Lucas was ever involved with

I always enjoyed them, well, mostly Revenge of the Sith. I didn't realize until I started watching Doug Walker (it was eighth grade pls no bully) I found people didn't like them. Then I watched RLM's reviews, and while I had found them funny, I didn't totally agree.

The Prequels are flawed, but they're entertaining. Hayden Christiansen is a decent actor, just not necessarily in the prequels. Bad actor direction is to blame. (Although Ewan MacGregor is great as Obi-Wan) Lucas kind of fucked up in a few aspects, because he didn't have people to rein in his autism like he did in the original trilogy. But he did very well in the overall presentation, the story, the different planets and people, and the fight scenes. ANYTHING Lucas did was better than what JJ did with the Fart Awakens.

I know you're trolling with this OP but after skimming through the threads I have to say you're right.

This will never be a meme no matter how hard you push it

What did Mike mean by this?

It's the same
argument
It's getting old Mike.

>ever involved with
Are you saying the godfather is shit?

You say that now, but one day you'll recognize Hayden as one of the highlights of the Prequels. His acting style is one of refined elegance and lacks any of the pitfalls of the ironic post-modern style you see by so many hacks these days.

Also Apocalypse Now, all the Indiana Jones films, and a wealth of other classics. RLM-drones are hilariously uninformed on Lucas and how much he influenced cinema.

also labyrinth and willow.

No argument here :'^)

This isn't even counting films that were made possible by his technological advances. Stuff like Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Watchmen, 300, etc.

(checked)

Episode 7 being a piece of shit is proof that God is on George's side.

that's because it's a fanmade poster

drew struzan made an official poster, but it's dog shit as well

The prequels are only good if you never ever watch the original trilogy. The context of the OT ruins the PT. If the prequels werent star wars, they would recievr higher praise.

that's wrong though, the pt is just the background story of the ot, just like how rogue one is literally the opening crawl of a new hope.

That's probably true, but it doesn't change the fact that they elevate the original trilogy, Lucas has explicitly stated that one of the main reasons he made the Prequels was because people didn't pick up on the fact that Vader was meant to be a tragic character. Without the Prequels Star Wars would be nothing more than few enjoyable pulp films, the Prequels made Star Wars into mythology for the masses.

Also, he helped fund and design a number of Bluth films including The Land before Time.

I thought spielberg was the dinosaur man. Strange lucas was the one to fund it

In the past I posted this to get a rise out of people but after seeing the way original fans react to criticism of their childhood movies and praise of the prequels, I have come to genuinely agree with it more and more.

Update this bullshit to have rogue one on here

The one major point I will give Cucklasa is that the prequels were completely unnecessary, and "Vader is just some asshole in a robot suit not space Jesus" is his most effective argument. Making Vader have a virgin birth and destined to fulfill a prophecy is just plain stupid since it was never even hinted at in the OT. And it will be even dumber since Disney is going to make Rey his reincarnation or something if she is Sheev's reincarnation DisneyWars may yet be redeemed

Learning how Vader got into the suit isn't really important, you only need a few lines of dialogue to establish his backstory which they did in the OT. btw having Vader kill small children (whom he had sworn to protect no less) to just to satisfy fanboys who wanted a "dark" star wars in RoTS puts him beyond redemption in an arc that his supposed to document his downfall and eventual redemption.

Lucas should have just made VII, VIII, and IX now he is kicking himself that sold he rights to Disney and the original cast is dying off.

Then they didn't watch the end of Jedi

Despite the above, the prequels are watchable, if mediocre, children's adventure movies that autistic manchildren love to over analyze on the on the internet.

furshit

The prequels were overambitious, being some of the first movies shot on untested digital cameras and using what were groundbreaking CGI effects which are now the norm in every movie and tv show.

If Lucas had dialed it back by not using digital cameras and limiting CGI they'd be more well regarded but also far less ambitious.

lol you talk like a fucking faggot

who fucking cares, star was is gay anyways, all of it. it's for fucking babbies

This.

I don't see how that would be possible more than it was, everything that could be made practically was. Or do you think he should have restricted himself to mattes and Star Trek rubber face aliens? It would have been retro but the scope and imagination of the prequels would have suffered a lot.

Lrn2Myth.
In order to make the redemption arc and the father and son thing be effective you need to establish a fall. It's not about the suit but how a son can redeem the father, how a new generation faces world of the previous one.
Stop repeating Kike Cucklasa's gibberish, that's not how it works.

What was Lucas' fucking problem?

High level troll.

How do you use a board on a chan as an alarm clock?

He's not talking about that kind of awakening.

Better get used to it

Prequels are god's (George's) gift to mankind.

I've never heard a sound argument in favor of the prequels that isn't child-tier "muh visuals & aesthetics." Is that all it takes for you retards to worship something nowadays? Okay so you liked the green screen backgrounds and the miniatures that made it into approx. ~1% of the final product, and? Everything else is completely vague appeals to "mythological origins" and poetry that is either completely subjectively, or b8.

If excellent visual storytelling and aesthetics doesn't make a film good then what does? If a timeless story that tells one of the most important truths in life and is so multifaceted and rich it can be discussed over years and decades afterwards is not good then what is?

What's your argument against the prequels?

gb2 cuckposting. it has the same intellectual value as these posts but at least some anons can rub one off to it.

Buzzwords check
Regurgitated shitposting check

It's sad your kind can't even muster up a single valid criticism in your head.

fine, we will do it this way. tell me what you are wearing while you you make these posts.

LOL

i can work with this abuse. keep going.

It's the RLM fags that cuckpost.

If the art of filmmaking is a mastery over the composition of moving images and visual storytelling then isn't the aesthetics central to film? Now if you have nothing to say but have mastery over the medium you get someone like Refn but Lucas had something to say. He wanted young people to have access to the great truths of tradition, to have hope and not get stuck in the marches of nihilism that modern society tends to create. He also wanted kids to have that moment of childish wonderment untainted by cynicism that he experienced as a kid watching films.

Now I know the prequels challenge your identity because you define yourself by what you hate and George's vision is about as contrary to that as you can possibly get. If you had watched the prequels as a kid and understood them maybe you wouldn't be such a bitter person today. You can't even articulate why you hate them, either just hurl insults or quote Mike Stoklasa and I honestly find that pretty sad.

theres that boring shit again. stop teasing me

Holy fucking shit stop spamming these prequel threads you fanboy faggot

I love the mental gymnastics you perform to justify hating the prequels and liking TFA. You're a real good goy.

Calm yourself Mike old boy.
It's shocking but there are millions of people who enjoyed the prequels and didn't take the RLM suppository shoved up their ass.

Can you up the resolution on this I can't see your shit nigger.

Open it in a new tab. Images within posts are constrained.

You need glasses.

I'm serious, star wars is fucking gay and you're all fucking manbabbies for liking it

Go home, Mike.

I'm going to fuck your ass, white boi

Cuckold. By God you're a cuckold.

I'm sick of this contrarian prequel love. It's a transparent that you just want to hate on the new films. Good. They deserve hate. Praising the prequels does nothing to expose the new films though. The prequels are shit. Force Awakens and Rogue One are also bad.

Best way I can put it is
- Original Trilogy is like a great band with a fantastic back catalog
- Prequel Trilogy is that band reforming but they're old, the lead singer can't hit high notes, and they keep playing their more more recent songs because they want to sell their new album
- Disney's stuff is like a soulless cover band who are nowhere near as good doing a world tour and getting rave reviews despite offering absolutely nothing new and being worse at the old stuff than the old band were

The last two are both bad for different reasons.

You're wrong, and you're the cancer that's ruining Holla Forums

Preqels or TFA?
DC or Marvel?
Xbox or Playstation?
CHOOSE A SIDE

Kill yourself

Why is Han even there? He's on screen for like 15 minutes before he dies.
Legit the easiest $30 million Harrison Ford ever made tho

I thought he did good in both prequel movies. They planted the seed that he was a bit too hot-headed, old and too affectionate towards his mother to become a jedi and live a life of seclusion in the service of others.

And you see the gradual change in him in the last two episodes. It's a tragedy to watch, but his emotions makes sense.

So?

I thought the prequels are "ok" movies. I guess my opinion really doesn't count though unless I say they're either kino or total shit, right?

It was the inherit fault of the jedi order. Where Qui Gon Jinn in his naitivity and wanting so hard to find a chosen one (and believe he was on their side of the force) wanted Anakin to become a jedi. Then later on as he died, Obi Wan had to fullfill his masters wishes as he felt an obligation and loyalty towards Qui Gon, and train Anakin.

Which we basically sees as a struggle from the get go, since Anakin is a bit too cocky and too good and it's always a struggle to keep him reigned in. Then the shit happens and he gets manipulated by Sheev. It's good writing, because they never explicitly told you this, it was just what unfolded.

I agree with you dubsman. They had strengths but they aren't works of genius either. They didn't deserve to be shitted on as hard as they did though.

very nice

In retrospect, the only prequel I actually enjoyed (almost) all the way through was Episode III. The only memorable thing from the other two for me was the Darth Maul fight toward the end of Episode I with "Duel of the Fates" playing in the background. Episode III was just so much darker and more tragic than any of the other movies. While Hayden Christensen definitely left something to be desired in terms of acting ability, it was very interesting to me to see him go down the path of no return and how he became Darth Vader. Same for Chancellor Palpatine, as well. The most memorable things from the prequels to me were the villains, namely Darth Maul, Jango Fett and Count Dooku. Darth Maul was a little creepy to me as a kid because of his face but I always thought he was cool, too. Jango Fett was my brother's favorite character for a while and I liked his purpose in the series as well as his getup; that jetpack and his weapons were pretty fucking cool. As for Count Dooku, you can't go wrong with Christopher Lee. In short, I wouldn't quite call the prequels bad but personally, I just like the original trilogy better.

Fuck, meant to say "the only memorable scene" in that second sentence

No they are also hot piles of shit that only hang on by the graphics

Star Wars prequels had the most memorable soundtracks in history. I'm not saying that ironically or trying to shitpost. The soundtrack was god tier and almost anyone who watched the film once can hum it or have it playing in their heads.

Can't go wrong with John Williams well TFA somehow did

Probably my favorite (and surprisingly most nostalgic thanks to Star Wars Battlefront 2) song is the song that plays when Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting on Mustafar.

after all that shit they never did get around to mentioning where the prophecy comes from, what it means for the force to be unbalanced, or much of anything else on that vector.

it's times like this i want to say "gas the kikes race war now"

Yeah, I have no idea what he was doing with most of that TFA soundtrack. Maybe he was intentionally flunking his composing because he knew Jewbrams was too starstruck or up his own ass to care and just wanted to stick "JOHN WILLIAMS" on the end credits one last time.

The only bit that I liked was the little Star Wars jingle on the very end of the credits but even that's not an original motif or concept.

When I first saw TFA I was so disappointed that they had replaced John Williams but I figured it was inevitable, sooner or later

It wasn't until months later I saw that it was actually him after all, but seriously wtf, it's got to be his absolute worst work, indefensible even for people who somehow liked the movie

Not one of the prequel defenders has ever done this whenever I have talked with them.
is correct. sage for bait thread

yeah, when the images composed are done together in a clever way to help further the story. the prequels were toy commercials and nothing more.

He keeps coming back to show his butthurt lol

One thing I will say is the way they treated Grievous was similar to Bobba Fett that they didn't do him justice in the films.

I honestly can't recall one memorable piece from that movie. I would have to rewatch the whole thing in order to actually try finding something, and even then I'd probably forget how it sounded within a few days. SJW Abrams probably would've just been better off having Michael Giacchino score it since they actually have some sort of work history together. It would've pissed off pretty much every fanboy alive who insists that only Williams can do the music for the series but at least something in that movie would've been interesting.

Fuck me, I forgot all about him. Yeah, it still bothers me how they just ex-machina'd him with that blaster pistol. It was such a cheap way to kill him off, especially because he and Obi-Wan had only been using lightsabers up until then.

I've explained why I like them several times

They can only head the words of Mike. He's a lost cause.

the only one they draw well is daisy and she's so ugly lel

This is shorter than I remember.
His rogue one was twice the length.

Kill yourself shill

>>>Holla Forums
>>>Holla Forums
Whichever one you came from, please return

TV BTFO'd

I'm just going to guess that this is from Holla Forumsmblr.

its*
Not an argument.

Who knew heaping praise on the prequels would rustle other boards this much.

Thats a bingo

>>>Holla Forums766981

They can't even appreciate the greatness of MOS because they're so hung up on man of murder meme and pa kent.
One of only a few cape kino in existence.

wew lad. Holla Forums being the entry point for the land whales and tumblrkike that infected halfchan is easy to understand everytime I see a post from there

How does the saying go? It's easier to convince someone of a lie than it is to convince them that they've been lied to? RLM-cucks are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Now that you mentioned this, was the ost in Rouge One good?

I can't remember it, so no.

Well no, the prequels aren't very good.

Okay, TPM is alright, but AOTC is retarded.

RLM pleb detected

Cuck.

Revenge of the Sith is legitimately my favourite Star Wars movie

samefag

Your days are numbered, pleb.

You would like to believe that wouldn't you Mike? Your days of rooking the gullible on Holla Forums are numbered.

This is a very eloquent way of putting it, nobody wants to admit falling for a meme so they get mad when faced with the truth.

Watching the clone wars cartoon is a must tbqh to make the order 66 scene even better.
There's many characters in the film that's fleshed out in the tv series making their deaths even more poignant

if you don't hate the prequels, you either didn't see them in the theaters or you were a little kid and just enjoyed the flashy lights.
I had to sit through Ep III with my ex-wife's family and it was worse than the time they dragged us to a fucking Harry Potter movie. The only enjoyment I got out of it was listening to my ex wife autistically rip the whole movie apart while they just sort of stared and waited for her to stop ranting.

literally every Chosen One plot has this problem
except, oddly, Harry Potter

after powering thru Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith felt like a bad live-action adaptation to me. Like going from Warcraft to the Warcraft Movie.

Here's the big thing though, Lucas beyond the first movie never had any plans for the other movies.

what fur?

>"mature"

>>>/reddit/

Back to >>>/reddit/ and >>>/rlm/ with you.

This cartoon was shit, Holla Forums fags get out.

I think we broke Mike

holy fucking shit

Mike broke himself, Holla Forumscksuckers are still in love with him though. They been trying to control the narrative here on Holla Forums because they can't stand the fact that people are pointing out their shit taste.

The prequels have glimmers of greatness in them tbh.

They should have started Phantom Menace with a Teenage Hayden.

Pretty good point to be honest, probably a large part of why he's hated by the plebs is that he doesn't have that sort of liberal snark that they expect of their actors.

I agree with this. One of the few flaws of the prequels is Anakin's recasting, everyone would have had better chemistry if the actors stayed the same throughout the trilogy.

They wanted to place obi wan as a mentor but wanted to show him as a young fledgling in a ways still following another master.

Yeah, I remember it being like 50 minutes long. Did he just edit it or is it Berenstain?

I don't think it's "the fans" of the original trilogy, I think it's just RLM fanboys who have become incredibly obnoxious in their own right. They might actually rival fanboys of Sonic in how retarded they can be and how they just recycle whatever argument they heard in some RLM video even if it does not apply to the current situation at all.

I almost feel bad for RLM for having a fanbase that has turned out to be such cancerous garbage. Almost.

I still think the prequels are shit though.

The prequel hate has existed before RLM but yeah RLM was the catalyst for the cancer to manifest itself into the retards we have today.

Why would I care about the opinion of a cuck who watches movies with his wife's sons?

Imlying he can make good films, have you seen the last (((Indiana Jones)))?

Tbh he barely wrote the script and the directing was all Spielberg

What is it like to be 15 in current year?

Either he has lost his mojo or the soundtrack was ghost written.

The March of the Resistance is a weird rearrangement of the Droid Invasion theme.
Rey's theme doesn't feel right, it has a sense of adventure that isn't in the character.

It was mostly jar jar and midochlorians from phantom and the menace that people hated. The rest a casual goer liked. People were more apathetic to Attack of the Clones. Revenge of the Sith got praise heaped on it. It wasn't until Plinkett reviews that the reddit and 4chan crowd really started to dig into and shit all over the prequels constantly. You couldn't have any discussion about star wars without a RLM sperg saying how much he hated the prequels while linking the plinkett reviews. No one even talked about the original trilogy anymore. It was all bitching and nitpicking everything in the . RLM ruined all star wars threads for years.

Whoops. Just got up from bed.

Only makes them better, tbh.

I miss him…

I think mike's other movie was like that too. It really shows what an incompetent director and writer he is since he's too scared to put in a serious effort to make a real movie

Leia wears a hijab now?

You didn't like Space cop? weird. I found it super funny

Congrats you have been visited by the 7 day autobumplock feature!