Isn't it sad that Zack Snyder's work probably won't receive a re-evaluation until the superhero film trend dies down...

Isn't it sad that Zack Snyder's work probably won't receive a re-evaluation until the superhero film trend dies down? For once, it would be nice if genius were appreciated in its own time.

Where's all the colour gone?

He's one of the rare directors to have a certain visual style. Some people might not like it but it's what separates him from the others.

He's doing The Fountainhead, right? That should be interesting.

It got sucked out by editing.

Man of Steel was great, except Pa Kent's death the whole movie is great.
BVS had a few issues but most got solved by the Ultimate Edition (which was the one Snyder wanted to be released theatrically).

The average moviegoer would find some scenes "boring" but in the end he will appreciate the action scenes, majestically directed by Mr. Snyder (if there's ONE thing he got right that everybody including the haters agree on is that his visual style and fighting scenes were great).

So we're left with Marveldrones (note, not people who enjoy Marvel flicks, but the fanboys who would hate DC regardless if the movies sucked or not) and shitty numale next-gen internet "critics" from stupid websites like rotten tomatoes, who praise everything that fits their liberal agenda and shit on everything else. They are the loud minority who shits on these films, all while most people who went in the theater enjoyed it (if, as they call it, "the worst superhero movie of all time" was still appreciated by 64% of the audience, you know something is fishy).

I'll remind you there's a HUGE difference between the opinion of a few, selected people on the internet and the morons who jump on their bandwagon and the opinion of the average fella who sees a TV ad and goes to the cinema with his family.

The truth is, Zack Snyder's works are appreciated even today, to a degree. The silent majority knows and can recognize that he tried something different from the average, formulaic superhero movies such as those of the MCU. And then there are people who catch the subtle allegories and metaphors, those who appreciate great cinematography, those who like great structured movies that don't feel obligated to follow the ordinary superhero movie pattern. THESE are the people who, in the future, will become part of cinema. People inspired by these works of art who will one day become directors, cinematographers, actors, screenwriters. The MCU people (Feige, Whedon, etc.), even though they are great at handling money, unfortunately have made the mistake of taking the safe route, no matter what movie they make. This is why their films, although enjoyable, are so forgettable. This is why people still debate about MoS and BvS and nobody remembers The First Avenger or Thor: The Dark World. Because these movies are empty, they have little to no artistic merit.

Snyder's films, although controversial, have a great quality: everytime you watch them, you spot a new detail, something new to talk about. This is what differentiates real cinema from shitty movies. The details, the dedication. The MCU is like a McDonalds, a Wendy's or a Burger King. Snyder's DCEU is like a fine French restaurant, for people with delicate taste.

I literally just wrote this, shut the fuck up.

That movie was so awful. The "epic blockbuster movie" music used in the opening battle was so out of place, there was nothing epic about it, there were only a dozen of people fighting in the middle of a small field.

I'm actually mad because I spent a good 10 minutes writing this and even googling that disgusting website to prove that the audience strongly disagrees with the critics just to have you asshole call my own personal opinion a "pasta". Really, go fuck yourself.

If somebody had similar thoughts about this then fine, good. It's great that others share my same point of view. But fuck off with dismissing everything you see as pasta just because it's a lenghty post. Yeah, no shit. I had a lot to say so I wrote a long post.

Sorry if I ain't a one-greentext-sentence kind of guy such as yourself, prick.

Indeed. It was the kind of movie that seeks a cheap way to create some sense of scale, atmosphere and stakes, but it ended up being the same, disappointing and forgettable Marvel film.
Hopefully they have learned their lesson and Ragnarok will be good.

Sorry you got caught using pasta.

Fine, I'll play your game.
Post the "original pasta", word by word.
I dare you, you fucking faggot.

He'll never be able to show his face on this board again! Good catch! Stay Vigilant Holla Forumsiewers!

He doesn't need to, you already posted it for him. Just leave, your reputation on this forum has been irreparably damaged.

Man of Steel was great, except Pa Kent's death the whole movie is great.

BVS had a few issues but most got solved by the Ultimate Edition (which was the one Snyder wanted to be released theatrically).

The average moviegoer would find some scenes "boring" but in the end he will appreciate the action scenes, majestically directed by Mr. Snyder (if there's ONE thing he got right that everybody including the haters agree on is that his visual style and fighting scenes were great).

So we're left with Marveldrones (note, not people who enjoy Marvel flicks, but the fanboys who would hate DC regardless if the movies sucked or not) and shitty numale next-gen internet "critics" from stupid websites like rotten tomatoes, who praise everything that fits their liberal agenda and shit on everything else. They are the loud minority who shits on these films, all while most people who went in the theater enjoyed it (if, as they call it, "the worst superhero movie of all time" was still appreciated by 64% of the audience, you know something is fishy).

I'll remind you there's a HUGE difference between the opinion of a few, selected people on the internet and the morons who jump on their bandwagon and the opinion of the average fella who sees a TV ad and goes to the cinema with his family.

The truth is, Zack Snyder's works are appreciated even today, to a degree. The silent majority knows and can recognize that he tried something different from the average, formulaic superhero movies such as those of the MCU. And then there are people who catch the subtle allegories and metaphors, those who appreciate great cinematography, those who like great structured movies that don't feel obligated to follow the ordinary superhero movie pattern. THESE are the people who, in the future, will become part of cinema. People inspired by these works of art who will one day become directors, cinematographers, actors, screenwriters. The MCU people (Feige, Whedon, etc.), even though they are great at handling money, unfortunately have made the mistake of taking the safe route, no matter what movie they make. This is why their films, although enjoyable, are so forgettable. This is why people still debate about MoS and BvS and nobody remembers The First Avenger or Thor: The Dark World. Because these movies are empty, they have little to no artistic merit.

Snyder's films, although controversial, have a great quality: everytime you watch them, you spot a new detail, something new to talk about. This is what differentiates real cinema from shitty movies. The details, the dedication. The MCU is like a McDonalds, a Wendy's or a Burger King. Snyder's DCEU is like a fine French restaurant, for people with delicate taste.

Zack Snyder for me is like a translator.
Imagine a Japanese Translator, he can translate Japanese to English. Zach Snyder can translate Frank "VIRGINS AND WHORES" Miller and Alan "Ur a wizard harry" Moore to the big screen.

So, Execs assumed because he spoke Japanese and it sounded similar to Chinese he could speak Chinese (Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns etc) but he can't and so he fumbles about.

Ebin xD
But wait, where's the timestamp? I thought you could provide more proofs? Did you search in the archive, maybe you'll find it there.

case closed tbh. OP is found guilty of trying to pass old pasta off as oc. sentence is ten cuckposting threads, to be carried out immediately. Holla Forums court dismissed.

It's a sad sad young man…

it's pretty sad to look at the way MoS brought Superman's power's to life, and compare it to the TV series blandness of MCU's Thor or Hulk

baliff remove this halfcuck faggot who thinks we have archives or post angry crying wojak images here!

Honestly, every time a thread gets started even slightly relating to either Synder or the DCEU, Disney shills swarm the thread
It's sad

True, sucks that almost everything else in his movies is somewhere between bad and abysmal the moment you start to think about it.

Really?
I though we were finally over it.

The thing dragging all capeshit movies down, is hollywood. You don't get Batman, Superman, Captain America, or Iron Man. You get their actors, dressed up as them, hamming it up with face time for most of the movie.
When you read comics, or watch an animated movie about super heroes, you get those characters.
You live action plebs have nothing but grownups playing pretend. It is sad, really.

Agree.
This is why the X-Men Animated Series is so great.

Thinking about how autistically angry Alan Moore would get at being compared to Harry Potter makes me smile.

Sauce on that pic?

People in Northampton shout 'Hagrid', 'Jesus' and 'Wizard' at him all the time. It really doesn't bother him

Your comparison is apt, in as much as Zack Snyder is like Google translator. Rough, inaccurate and often completely missing the point of the original text.

With MoS you can see that they wanted to do something different.
With Marvel you can't tell the difference between each movie because they all look and sound the same, they all have the same formula (except maybe Guardians of the Galaxy). Every Marvel movie feels like it went through dozens and dozens of focus group tests.
I'm not a DC or Marvel fanboy

I meant writing wise. His little spergout in the last League of Extraordinary Gentlemen against the Potter shit makes me wonder if the catcalls didn't get to him more than he lets on anyway.

He ripped on a lot of shit in League

I will give MOS for trying to be different even though it failed. BVS and Suicide Squad on the other hand are unforgivable garbage.

Yeah but he devoted a lot of time and effort into getting pissy with that particular bit. The whole "it ruined britains mythscape", "their magic is stupid and not realistic" and the loving detail in the murderraping of hogwarts just drips with bitterness. He has a real bee in his sasquatch bonnet about it and it feels personal.

It's the most derivative garbage I've ever seen. The whole is just a Frankenstein's monster of at least three other, better, Superman adaptations

So pretty much like Superman Birthright and some others?

Off the top of my head it copies Birthright, Superman: The Animated Series, The Donner Films (particularly Superman II) and probably parts of John Byrne's Man of Steel too

Didn't know it copied that much. The only thing I could recognize was Birthright and Superman 2.

If you say so. He's not the first person to say Harry Potter is shit

He made Harry Potter into the no shit book of revelations AntiChrist, made him as pathetic as could and had Mary Poppins cosplaying as God kill him. No one goes through that effort unless they legit hate something on a internal level. There is personal beef there. Not even James Bond got it that bad.

lol wut

Moore uh, he didn't have warm fuzzy feelings for Harry Potter. None if that is an exaggeration. Century was a weird graphic novel.

autocomplete reveals the awful truth

what's your endgame?

All of Holla Forums is Disney shills, or what did you think all those Star Wars threads were about?

SO GLAD YOU ASKED WITH THAT PARTICULAR PHRASING

Has the best cinematography currently. His main fault lies in too lengthy films and the execs are forced to cut out a ton that makes the film crippled for theatrical release. Director's cut/full film is always kino with Snyder

He had his own style of filmmaking, usage of music, signature slow-motion, and storytelling, but people always complained.

I think it was very cool. Lacked the main point, Romero's critique of the consumer society, but still it was a nice action-horror

It was incredible back in it's time. The uniqueness is evident in the fact that the sequel didn't worked, because we already saw the same thing once and it could only work once - same with SIn City and The Spirit

The theatrical version was good enough, the Director's Cut was awesome, the Ultimate Cut is near perfect. It's an daptation, yeah, and it will never get on Moore's level, but still, it's the greatest film based on a graphic novel, along with V for Vendetta

EVERYTHING Zack Snyder is was in this movie, and I love it to this day. The Director's Cut is so much better, that it feels like this and the theatrical version are 2 different movies. It has symbols, events and stuff that you can interpret as you wish, cool music, cool action, monsters, guns, hot chicks, robots… What else is needed?

You see the pattern here? No matter what Snyder did, people always found some shitty reason to hate his work, and because of this, no matter how great his movies were, they either failed at the box office or they were panned by the critics and the movie-goers. This resulted in him giving up his style, his uniqueness and blending into the crowd of mediocre directors.

Anyone who ever saw any other film, cartoon or series with Superman disagrees with you. This shitfest is only acceptable if you have never seen this character before

Guess how Batman fans have been feeling since 1989, faggot. Grow up. MoS is its own take on the character, it's not supposed to be the same as your cartoons.

Sucker Punch was great. Seeing cute/hot girls killing shitloads of men turns me on somehow.

Probably his best film to date, and the first ten minutes (including the intro) are the best zombie kino ever. The rest of the movie falls a bit flat in comparison, but is still enjoyable. The ending is kinda retarded though.

I've only seen parts of it, so I can't really comment. What I've seen looked pretty good, though.

And here's where you're wrong. The movie is gorgeous to look at, but it completely fails as an adaptation of Watchmen. Zack Snyder just didn't get the book at all. The intro with Bob Dylan is just incredible, though.

I haven't seen it.

Man of Steel and BvS had potential, but both scripts were a mess, and BvS suffered from the entire DCEU being completely misdirected.

Bottom line; Zack Snyder is a visual genius, especially in the way he works with music, but he is shit at storytelling. I think he'd make for a great DoP. but he should leave everything else to more competent people.

Because you're a numale.

Why the fuck would you make me remember that it exists and I own it. Fuck this thing was terrible.

babby's new buzzword

Eh, I wouldn't say it isn't… it's just that I find it really hot for some reason.
And no, the keyword is not "stronk", but cute. They don't have to act like men or the movie will suck.

Take Kill Bill for example. I fucking hate that piece of shit, yet there's a stronk womyn killing men (and women) left and right there.

To me they're like kids playing dress up tbh.

checked, but

maximum wew right here

i'll gladly defend man of steel, but batman v superman, while mostly good still has a shit ton of problems, the biggest being jewish eisenkike as lex luthor.

now it's true that thor: the dark world is a bumbling pile of shit and i have absolutely no wish to ever see it again, unless someone makes a cut of the two films that have absolutely no unnecessary earth scenes, then i'd watch that.

but nigga, don't you EVER fucking dare shit on captain america. too many times have they made god awful attempts, the first avenger was when they finally got it right (even if it plays out like an indiana jones movie, it's joe johnston, dude was lucas' protege and spielberg's bastard child), and the two sequels only went up from there. in fact, out of the entire mcu, the only films i have seen more than once are the cap trilogy, the first two iron mans (that's right nigger, iron man 2 is far better than iron man 3), avengers 1 (despite its faults, being the first big superhero team-up movie it does a decent job and i love the music) and thor 1. the rest of the mcu is forgettable pleb trash that i have absolutely no desire to rewatch.

What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

the ultimate edition is mostly good, sorry i forgot to write that. it still suffers from a bunch of the same problems as the theatrical cut though.

I can't blame him in the slightest when what he's attacking is such fucking trash.

no, man of steel is snyder's greatest work. it's pretty much flawless, save "stop invincible son". bvs has plenty of issues that detract from my enjoyment.

i'll forgive it though if warner bros actually pursues the idea of JDM as flashpoint batman.

I haven't seen a single complaint about the film except superman killing a warmongering mass murderer, the more nuanced colors and the scene with his father. The first two only doe hard golden age superman fans care about and the last being a gripping scene with Clark struggling with hiding his power.

I think part of the reason why it worked was because of Gerard Butler. He was the heart and soul in that film. Wish he got more roles.

Where did I wrote that you idiot? I was thinking about how shitty everything is, the talking, thinking dad hologram, the ship that does literally everything for Kal-El, Zod being uninteresting, wasting Amy Adams, wasting a very good start (the movie was good when it showed him being a nameless nobody witha beard, working on an oil drilling island, saving people when nobody saw him, that was great), the origin of the suit, the dad hologram answering every question for the character and the viewer, etc.

I don't give a flying toss about him killing Zod at the end

It was more fun and honest when people just posted black cocks tbh

all magic is unrealistic tbh. seeing as how it isnt real

That's not true. Have you ever heared of Mage: The Ascension for example? That magic is believable. Or I can say the book Vita Nostra - that's not magic in the sense of magic, but still, it's realistic.

Both of these have in common, that the characters have limits, they fuck up a lot of things and they suffer. In Harry Potter, you just have to learn a few words and have dedication, that's all that it takes to use a spell. There are no limits, no suffering, etc.

things that aren't real aren't realistic. magic by common consensuses of the masses might be cooler but it isn't anymore realistic than wand waving or whatever. i hate to be the bearer of bad news here for you but it's better to just rip this band aid off.

what's it to you, nigger?

I often wonder why you faggots have a problem with Superman killing Zod, when Captain America straight up murders some motherfuckers in Avengers and nary a one of you cucks batted an eyelash.

It boils down to NOT MUH SUPERMAN
Fucking retards don't even realize the only reason superman doesn't kill the scumbag arch villains that have brought untold suffering to countless people is because DC doesn't want to kill off any established villains or replace them with new ones.

If I lived in Metropolis I'd be pissed he didn't kill him sooner.

Don't confuse us with the plebs at Holla Forums newfriend

>>>/reddit/

Don't worry lad. I'm here with you to keep you in your Holla Forums safespace!

Yes le man of murder. Does that meme soothe you?

Checked, my Hitler friend.

I wonder what the difference is.

They caused enough collateral damage and casualties in their fights. He had to end it there.

For a long time I thought Superman: The Movie was the definitive version of his origin but that was until I saw Man of Steel. Even the DC animated universe version doesn't compare to it. It has this mythic appeal to it that all other versions of the story lack.

Dean Cain superior, Henry Cavill inferior.

Superman the animated series was mediocre except the new gods aspect

Was superman's dad retarded?

Congrats you have been visited by the 7 day autobumplock feature!

May you die in peace

Are you fucking retarded? I even leave a comment behind about the autobumplock feature right above your post.