I've been feeling like a mega fat ass for a while since I'm 6'2 and weighing like 220 pounds

I've been feeling like a mega fat ass for a while since I'm 6'2 and weighing like 220 pounds.

So I finally took the plunge and visited a doctor to see about getting on some diet pills (phentermine) which I started on a few days ago. The non-sensation of no appetite is a bit weird and made me forget whether to bother eating a couple meals, as well the energy it gave me was a little freaky since I'd usually find myself getting tired by the end of my hour on the treadmill when I pop by the gym.

I've been considering trying to get back into dating down the line (after I don't have such an absurd gut), but I've no idea what really should be a goal weight-wise for when to start. And so kinda wonder if anyone has any sort of opinions on that along with how much actually makes sense to eat when needing to do some super mega diet.

I never get this. I feel like some weird freak of nature when I hear complaining like this. Doctors told me I have unusually strong, dense bones, but even so it shouldn't make this much of a difference.

I'm 6'1 and 256 pounds, and not at all fat. I have very broad shoulders and lift weights. When I get on one of those weight machines and it tells me I'm overweight I'm like "But… you can see my abs…"

I don't lift so a lot of this is just plain fat. Been driving for work for a while so haven't had as much time for exercise as I used to, and it's only been recently that I've been able to get the time back for my old routine. But when I did get that time, I found I didn't have the energy to exercise while at the same time dieting, hence the pills.

The only way I could see this being the case is if you have zero muscle mass. Can you circle your fingers around your forearm?

Nah I can't. I actually do have a bit of muscle from lugging things about for work, but I've put on enough fat to go up a few pants sizes.

I actually got some comments from the nurses in the office that I didn't look like I needed to do diet pills, but luckily it was a sleazy Mexican doctor's office so not much would prevent him writing a prescription.

What kind of pills?

I've never heard of anything like that that wasn't some snake oil bullshit.

Why is a gut stopping you from dating? I see tons of fat guys with gfs. Also kinda concerned you immediately turned to pill popping, but w/e. You could probably drop to 1800 (or even 1600 since you're doing speed and have a semi-sedentary job) without a problem for two or three months. Should get you down 15-20 pounds, then take a look at yourself at ~200 and decide what you want to do.

Phentermine

Kills appetite and gives energy.

Interesting. I'll have to look into it. My job's gotten stressful lately, and I've noticed I'm needlessly hungry all the time despite having a perfectly fine diet. I've been looking into a variety of appetite suppressants.

body is craving specific nutrients
try eating nuts/seeds/leafy green veges and see what happens

I had a similar problem which got me into the predicament I'm in weight-wise. Didn't help that I wasn't making much in terms of money so couldn't afford much meat which is a lot better at satisfying hunger in comparison to cheaper carbs.

My diet consists of meat, vegetables (primarily broccoli and spinach), fruits and some cheese/greek yogurt. It's fine. My workplace going to complete shit is when I started feeling hungry for the first time in years. Despite getting plenty of fats in meats, I'm craving junk food, which used to turn me off. I rarely eat things like bread or potatoes as I realized years ago they end up making me feel bad and sluggish.

Apparently, stress is known for triggering appetite.
So I got three options
1: Quit (not going to happen)
2. Suppress appetite somehow.
3. Keep being needless hungry.

Smoke cigarettes and pop menthol cough drops.

Or smoke menthol cigarettes.

Checked

Cut out the dairy, eat one serving of grassfed meat a day, and eat as much fruit and vegetables as you want raw food diet style. If you're still fat, which it's impossible you will be, that's fat you should be proud of. It means you're chocked full of nutrtition

first you need to figure out your bodyfat to an estimate within +-4% and then you can calculate your lbm
you need about 1g protein per lbm and a variety of saturated fats from meat and eggs as well as some unsaturated fats
carbs are optional if you can manage a cyclical keto diet but in your case i suggest having carbs at breakfast and pre workout every day except your rest day in which you get carbs halfway into your day as well.

your drug sounds like some form of cocaine tbh and wont solve your problems if you dont get your nutrition right and you should get off it soon and make sure your thyroid is okay

as for dating
if you cant accept yourself for who you are and think your bodyfat makes the man then you wont be at any weight confident

yes women are physically attracted just like men dont listen to any other bullshit BUT theres always a woman that will enjoy who you are regardless of your looks so ignore reflections and acquire pussy

TLDR eat healthy dont do "cheat meals" avoid soy hfcs and other processed and synthetic foods and feel comfortable with yourself so you dont stress you appearances

did op mention being lactose intolerant? dairy is good for you

Actually, he is medically a fatass. His BMI is 28.2, that's on the verge of obesity.

Overweight = 25 - 29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

I'm also 6'2" and was at your weight at one point in the past. It was shitty being that big. I'm currently about 190 or so and fairly comfortable with my weight. I'd probably be healthier at about 180. But meh.

BMI is only an indicator for unhealthy weight in an average adult. Body fat percentage is more important.

It's only inaccurate if you're ripped and OP obviously isn't by his own description of himself.

You don't need to look like an Olympian to not be fat.
I lost like 40lbs not doing anything besides drinking a shitload of water.
Try drinking shitloads of water all the time, before you start taking prescription medication.