I have been thinking all day long… why is it that websites like 4chan, tumblr...

i have been thinking all day long… why is it that websites like 4chan, tumblr, and reddit can come up with a meme that will catch on and spread, yet here at Holla Forums we don't seem to create any content that spreads even among ourselves.

even worse is that though i am a creative person who does lots of OC, I can't think of anything that would catch on, and i am afraid if i tried to create something it would be 'forced'.

the only thing i have seen actually catch on and spread here at Holla Forums is "meme magic", which seems to have influenced, and been influenced by the trump fans on most english speaking imageboards.

let us dedicate this thread to deep thought and discussion as to what Holla Forums culture truly is, why we are here, and what we are doing and should do.

I'm just here for casual shitposting

OC that up OP

do you not enjoy imageboard culture?

almost every imageboard has it's own unique style except Holla Forums which seems to be a clone of 4chan, despite the users here claiming that 4chan is awful

is Holla Forums declining? Haven't been here for about a year and there seems to be less PPH, and less people.

Could be for either 8ch doesn't have a fully independent culture
Or because all the pedos and pop left because of the Holocaust after our god hotwheels

Pol and v create shit all the time. If you're talking about shit tier Holla Forums content, the kids, who are the biggest demographic of Holla Forums, stayed on bullchan because they don't care about free speach, they just want to be able to brag about how edgy they are by using 4chan

bring me up to speed on what happened in the last year, I've missed this place a lot.

because this board is Holla Forums only in name now. the spirit is gone, thanks to a clueless tripfagging mod who has an agenda to turn this board into a safespace for 9gag-tier faggotry with old, dead meme-spouting, all in the name of attracting normies and boosting userbase/traffic/ad revenue

wew, mod has long since b& anyone with oc creative potential

also, you don't create oc wanting it to "catch on" because what you think should become a world-class meme is probably just meh to most anons. sorry to burst your bubble, now go back to your circlejerk shitposting

See this is a good example of what OP is talking about. Even goons have a culture that they share.

kek

Well in a nutshell basically what happened is when 8ch got popular /hebe/ and /doll/ were critis

Woops sorry mistake, click sent by accident… What I meant to say is that hotwheels sold 8ch and moved to the Philippines and the new owners bombed the shit out of the pedos board thus making Masterchan and librechan

we use nigrin a lot, so technically yes.

I'll do it quick. And this place does have its own culture, niggas are just negative as fuck.Here's a brief history.
site

So that's where we're at. The site as a whole is working. Pedos aren't allowed and hotwheels is dead. We can build this platform and grow from here. But some users are angry (hence all the meta arguing). And some have left for librechan, masterchan and the like.

It's still a good platform. And the site as a whole can grow a bunch. Holla Forums can too. It was just too much across a long period.

Holla Forums is still good here.

Fucking seriously? Hotwheels really doesn't own this site anymore?

Gave it to Jim b4 he died.

Rip Freddit Breddit

You made that sound very confusing.
After How wheels captcha caused the infinity next migration to fail, and Josh & HW giving up on it. Jim offered to save the project by having 2ch engineers look at it if Josh would let Jim use it under GPL instead of agpl. Both are open source, Josh wouldn't allow it, so Jim told him to fuck off.

Then Code Monkey fixed the current software, now we're where were at today.

Holy fuck, did hotwheels actually die? Someone, pls source

Wait…. Hotwheels is dead…. Now this is news

Just checked his Twitter is still on, and his wikipedia or profile doesn't say anything about death

Making memes for the sake of making memes is pointless.

Interaction between anons will spawn memes over time.
There are less anons here so memes are less likely to appear, let alone being propagated.

Having fun on the boards, sharing bits of the internet and life, questioning things, interacting with other anons; those are the things that enrich the board and help memes come to life.

TL;DR: have fun and the memes will follow

New meme

Sip

forced/10

Yeah my bad I phrased that all poorly.I was trying to be through.

Meme magic
Le Bains.
bull the Duck
With open gates
Gamergate
Yandere sim
there's more

Baph was 8ch culture

that's biggest load of horseshit I've ever read on this website.

This is the only way to do it. Memes grow organically. It's why forcing a meme never works. It's like telling the same joke over and over when no one laughed the first time it was told and hoping it will catch on.

vlad is 8ch meem

b-but I heard someone say something about a dysnomia! sure its true!

I'm dysnomia

vlad, baskin robbin, and cat's cradle are the 3 shiftiest forced memes on the earth.

don't forget kennedi suck em on that list

I was thinking this but I'm not sure. I'd guess that it was it started by /bane/, but it might've been half/tv/…

But that started on hafchan.

It's certainly not true that we don't have our memes, but probably not any big ones..

masterchan started in 2014

It's still better then 8gag..

If you're Dysnomia, then make me a mod right now.

I think "We Loved Your Post" and "King of Holla Forums" for the first forced memes to pop-up back in 2014.

WLYP was the first image on Holla Forums

I'm sure there are more minor memes on small bards too.

I forgot about the Green House thing. It was funny but stupid.

Holla Forums has plenty of OC just not on the Holla Forums board…..now fuck off nigger

kind of the entire point of imageboarxs

for why?

What about lord Fagottini?

Nope, the pedos, intl and other such goons ruined Holla Forums by running out all the good posters via spamming so much. Dysomnia has tried to curtail the autism of the pedos but it's only gotten worse as time has gone on and he has run out of ideas. So now this place is infested with bulls who think they are in good company (tripfags) and spend all day long circle jerking.

It was ruined by autists who think freedom = spam and scantily clad little girls.