Which OS are you running?

i use windows 7 mostly

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ubuntu/Debian, Windows 7, Windows10 and Android.

It has been more than a year that I want to install windows 10, but apparently my PC is to old (or have hardware which it's not compatible with it), need to buy a new one.

Currently I'm using 7.

Windows 10 with a bunch of tweaking to make it not run like shit and rip out the underlying tracking
(the tracking is there even past just the privacy settings)

Here let me recommend something to help.

Spybot anti becon will do the job.
Also use ultimate windows tweaker. Windows 10 runs wayyyyy better disconnected from the botnet honestly.

I use Win10 and I'm bad or something
If I switch to Ubuntu can I just sell people my information instead of having companies do it for me?

why don't you just run Tails?

I'll be honest and say that I don't know what that is. I thought I doing solid just for shutting some of that shit down. I'm not the most technologically advanced person you'll ever meet user.

Slackware64-current on desktop, laptop, and download-laptop. Arch on my Raspberry Pis.

I have a dualboot with Win7 for some games but I don't play games that much and I very rarely play non-Linux games that aren't functional on DosBox or wine.

knoppix ;)

win8.1

if you are not using an opensource *NIX distribution without the spyware or adware in 2016 you should kill yourself. and if you are still using windows or mac it has been way too late for you since years ago. all your information has long since been gathered and is still continued to be if you still using it so you are doomed

Oh Noes the lolis

That's something I've been considering for a while, but it's not a stable solution
An update can kill EVERYTHING
A Linux partition you're running alongside W10. A new update that breaks the anti botnet things you install. A new spyware that the antibotnet thing isn't aware of
You're constantly battling your own OS with that thing. It honestly doesn't give me any peace of mind. I find the prospect of a more efficient and future proof system attractive. I really do. But that shit really is too much. I prefer a stable system like W7 and disable the optional updates.

oh noes my personal information, my documents, my photos of me and family, my habbits, my taste in music, my location, my search history, my keystrokes, my voice, my timeframe i use the computer, my things i buy, the things i watch, etc. there is ALOT that the governments collects data on not just your lolis. that is why people should care.

You can't get idiots to care. Even for themselves.
They'll always find ass backwards rationalizations to make them feel good about their dumbasseries.

Yes, "nothing to hide faggots" are just as bad if not worse than obese fat-tolerant or whatever tumblirinas.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care if they do that themselves. I'm a "you can do everything you want in the privacy of your own home and with your own life" type of guy. What bothers me is when they try to drag other people into their unhealthy lifestyle

Yeah but I don't really care if tue government knows that. I mean, aren't those the things most people activley share?

Don't take the bait kids

Come on, there's only two of us linuxfags?

Bullshit.

i use GNU/Linux + KDE

windogshit 10 long term release branch + destroy windows spying (github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying) for videogames

linux and bsd on routers and laptops for shitposting

why not just game on linux and completely get rid of windogshit 10? linux gameing is only a few frames lower and game support is near close to windows now in terms of having a port made for linux. Leage of Legends also runs fine in wine now even that it doesnt have native port yet. if get virus in wine it is self contained also and doesnt harm ur linux and can just reconfigure win after removing the virus?

If I'm not mistaken linux has shit support for vidya

It has bad support for windows-only binaries in general. Wine can only do so much, many old apps are still not completely figured out.

also all your favorite emulators and other programs have native ports or equivilents and dont need 3rd party drivers for game conuncleers sonce linux alreadys updates them with kernel releases?

ppsspp
pcsx-reloaded
pscx2
desemume
mupenplus64
zsnes
mame
vba (visualboy advance)

lots of others distros out there specifically made for emulating games that have all this bundled and installled already also.

dont know where u get bad support for vidya from

Tiger 10.4.11
Bunch of fucking limp dicks in this shit chute.

dolphin-emu also has a native linux port

What about Sega Saturn?

i can check but i dont play saturn games. probably has an emu for it too

yep it is yabouse

Server 2012R2 configured as a workstation

everyone seems to forget android is linux also. isnt there alot of emulators and games for android as well? oh year there is hmmmm. dont the games run ell on android? oh yeah they do hmmmm.

Windows 10, i like the layout.

i didn't know lol works properly with wine now. thats nice. i'm gonna wipe the turd of an os off my hdd and install some linux with dm-crypt+LUKS on a zfs or btrfs root for snapshotting goodness.

yeah use playonlinux(wine frontend) and search for league of legends for easy install without haveing a headache setting it up yourself manually.

Uh, uh duh uh fampai

dont forget Dota2, Strife, and Heroes of Newerth also have native linux ports if you are into mobas. lots of AAA titles comming to linux if not already ported and future titles are sure to have a linux port now also because of an actual usebase and Steam making client for steam and steamOS/steam machines

basically there is absoluty no excuse not to use linux now…people just making things up or just whine about there 1 or 2 games sitting in library that hasnt ported yet like that will kill them. linux can game, linux has better programming support so duh it can game just bad devs using proprietary languages and librarys/APIs(erherm C#, F#, DirectX)

Don't feel bad m8 I still use win8.1 I've always liked it, never had a problem and don't really see the need to upgrade to win10

Have you ever used Tails…. I've heard its a good OS for tor users

i just use tor in my main setup. tails seems overrated to me but i dont need to be that tinfoil hat so depends on your usage i guess

Trust me…. Its nothing of serious matter.

all those sites are rip or another fbi trap like playpen….i wouldnt use tor for that anymore

That's the only place where its frequent, I2P suck

then yes you need tails and to use tails as live cd only at some other computer like internet cafe in remote place. only way you are safe browsing that shit. just gotta watch out for sholder surfers and sjw's but get a spot in the corner where they cant look and turn monitor away and have headphones on listen to music they wont bother you then

Speaking of which, I need to download tails…. But I don't have 2 USB (only 1 ATM) so I need to download it from someone else if I don't have two USB's (according to the website) …… Is that true?

no just set up persistance on same flashdrive. get a reasonably sized flashdrive though like 64gb+ because you want anything you save to store on the flashdrive and to be there when you plug it back in. if just brorwsing and not saving then dont even need that just burn to flashdrive and go

Ok

Thanks babu

You saw no typo

There's nothing wrong with Windows 3.01

Better at hiding things if you ask me

you're OS a shit. all of you.

Mint is noob-tier.
Slack is beard-tier.

Windows 8.1. Not that I'm too happy about it

You're a total noob.

Botnet 7 because of muh games

it's still not as botnet as win10 or even 8, win7 is probably the last good and not as spy-ee OS microsoft will ever make

Boo hoo hoo Microsoft wants to collect telemetry from me so they can detect bugs and fix them faster. Maybe you'd be less paranoid about trivial things if you weren't a piece of shit.

it's gone a lot deeper than just the telemetry stuff

Used to use FreeBSD on laptops and desktop back years ago. I'd like to switch back but gaming and data migration hold me up.

In gaming with FreeBSD the closed nVidia drivers worked well and so did wine. Linux kernel-emulation worked really well too but it felt like there were a lot of hoops to jump through and juggle at the same time in shared-object-hell.

I still miss it though. I could switch the laptop back, but I really like having my computers running the same OS.

Why is Linux/Ubuntu better than Windows? Besides privacy or whatever

No malware, ultimate customization and better programming, more features.

If Microsoft wants me to beta-test their shit for them, they need to pay me for the privilege. Otherwise, it's not of their business what I do with MY computer.

ha

I'm using the debian version, ubuntu version does not into drivers for me.
tried out multiple other distro's but most of them either don't run smoothly enough for me or i am not skilled enough to install it yet.

Linux fedora dualbooted with pirated wangblows 7

Windows mint

Debian GNU/Linux.

If the government collected info on me then why haven't I been arrested for torrenting without a vpn?

They saw what you were getting and felt sorry for you

Using XP still.

It won't be the government busting you over BT, it will likely be a firm hired by the RIAA/MPAA to spy on big seeders / uploaders. They'll then send IP logs and details to Law Enforcement.

If you are a small fish, likely you will get away with your small amount of piracy. They don't go after everyone, that's too expensive / too exhaustive.

If you are a big seeder / uploader who contributes to the BT community … THAT is when you have to make sure you use secured communications because you'll likely be snooped on later and evidence will be gathered for a future warrant.

I just ordered Windows 10, is this a mistake? It's not too late to cancel.

Its like you've literally plugged your ears and covered your eyes for the past fucking year

Its not even conspiracy tier shit. Their invasive spying on pretty much everything you do has been all over the fucking news, mainstream and obscure, all over the fucking internet. Not even exaggerating.

You're actually fucking retarded. ebin b8 nice mene got me 2 responde :^^^^^)