FUTURE

In the future 90% of the population is unemployed because machines have taken most of the jobs
Driving, hard labor, and even artistic pursuits are optimized by machines, but make humans obsolete
The only jobs left are government representation and a few jobs that people prefer to interact with fallible humans than perfect machines
Productivity is at an all time high
There are enough resources for 100 times the current population
Everyone citizen is guaranteed an income and is free to spend it however they wish
If you want more money you have to be lucky enough to know someone important to get one of the jobs left
But most don't bother working because their life is without want

Reasons why is system is bad?
Why shouldn't we devote all of our extra resources to creating machines that make this future possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602247/McDonald-s-strangest-burgers-Fast-food-chain-unveils-new-bright-GREEN-RED-buns-leaving-customers-feeling-queasy.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Sibyl system is the future we need.

This was a subject for discussion in the 1930s ("Rise of the Leisure Class", Brave New World", etc.), and the stuff of pop culture jokes by the '80s.

People don't cope well with boredom, and the majority are not prepared by modern culture/education to find their own focus.

Doctors, lawyers, won't be replaced by robots. Other professions will also be protected.

As for manual laborers, yes, we need to either let them starve or feed them but sterilize them.

Dr. Robot is going to cut your heart now.

Lawyer Robot is going to think of a defense to get O.J. out of the murder charges?

If 90% of the population are unemployed the who buys the products the robots produce?

but who made/fix the machine?

Future looks grim, honestly. Soon enough our wars will be unmanned and the only way to wipe each other out would be to attack factory targets directly.

Money would be used for things the robots can't mass produce at near-zero cost.

Workload would shift greatly. Low-skills will probably be forging (builder) robots; nobles designing them or exploring arts/politics/space.

In the future 90% of the population will be killed off because they're useless to the economy.

This, but indirectly. They'll either starve themselves or won't have any reproductive value, as all of the women will be attracted to men with jobs.

This is what luddites and zeitgeist commies actually believe

but only machines have jobs.

I think it will more likely be most of society is Brazil tier of poverty and favela, the rest get their shiny cities.

Kind of like the slums in 1984. The poor and peasants are left alone, but endure poor conditions while the workers have to live in the Big Brother hell.

So its either lots of cramped space, lots of noise and squalor or comfy "cages" but at least you have more freedom.

Sure they will. And before those jobs are fully automated, technology would optimize them so well that a single lawyer or a doctor would be much more productive, putting others out of work.

The moment struggle is abolished is the moment we lose the very think that makes us human. Struggle has defined, refined, and built humanity since the beginning. Struggle differentiates a strong man from a weak one. Struggle shows the resolve of a man's character. Struggle forces us to innovate. To imagine. To dream. To build. To strive to be better than everyone before us.

I fear that once human struggle is removed, we will descend even further into a hedonistic pit of stagnation, frivolity, entitlement, and apathy. The human spark will be dead, and with it, the very thing that differentiated us form the rest of the animal kingdom. We will be stripped of independence, self-reliance, and duty to oneself and people. We will be in a state of arrested development; children, forever occupying ourselves with frivolous materialism, trying to fill the ever-widening void created by the lack of purpose in life.

I think post-scarcity is actually one of the most worrying and monumental challenges to face humanity, if it will ever exist at all.

it's what your post-scarcity world will look like.

enjoy becoming the fucking eloi

Who makes the machines? Who repairs them when they break down? Who maintains them to stop them breaking down? Who gets the materials required to make them? Who transports them? Maybe robot cars could transport them but then we just ask all the same questions about the robot cars.

I suppose in the FAR future we could have enough automation to reach something like you suggest but no society would last very long because humans don't cope well with boredom and we'd all end up as the worst degenerates imaginable wallowing in our own filth.

That's impossible, because someone has to fix, design, build, and gather supplies for those machines. Plus, technological development jobs will skyrocket, because machine produces will need to stay competitive by releasing better machinery.

Other machines we already built.

Most of Holla Forums, hell most of 8ch, would get blown up on sight if that shit ever took place irl

machines will eventually build and repair other machines, I'm sure.

regardless of how many jobs you can list, there will still be millions more unemployable people out of work.

Just wait until they make an algorithm for owning all of the money that does a better job than humans.

Soon, you are going to see all of these multinationalists be outbid by a TI-82.

Guys what if we built simulation technology that allows people to escape from reality pretty much 24/7 while keeping them fed by tubes?

Hang yourself gommunist faggot, when machines replace spics and curries they're not going to get "guaranteed income"

gas the machines future war now

so what do you propose?

I know this will cause people here a lot of butthurt, but looks like Marx was right.

Communism was meant to happen in an industrially developed country after all :^)

This kind of people are irrelevant, exactly the ones that we should be getting rid of to begin with. Real humans enjoy science, the arts, and exploration, and would love to live for thousands of years without getting bored even once.

No thank you my friend.

What exactly are you going to explore in this scenario?

VR furfaggotry, most likely

your anus :^)

That's what people said during the advent of the assembly line and industrial revolution 150 years ago.

In fact, your whole little spiel is just Marxist bullshit that's repeated over and over again every time we encounter some new development in industrial society

But the world would be a better place.

We can struggle against the gravity well and harshness of the greater solar system. We can struggle against the land and husband it. We can struggle against our own inadequacies until each of us is a disciplined high iq philosopher.

Struggling against the yolk is the definition of pleb.

Marx doesn't get credit for the idea of post scarcity and failed to provide a reasonable government for that state of man.

Everything. And how to live for a few thousand years more, until I am too curious to know what's on the other side and decide to die and explore it too.

But the gas are produced by the machines

Is that Rasputin?

No, it's one of the founders of SENS foundation. Aubrey de Grey. They work on regenerative medicine.

this plus splash in a little STEMcuck masterbation and you have /thread

and what reason would any person have to grow as individuals when they're coddled from cradle to grave by big daddy AI who gives them everything they'd ever want?

Everything is about as broad as you can get. Are you going to reexplore what humans have already discovered? If not, then that removes just about everything we've accomplished up to this point given the fact that most of it's gathered on the internet. Are you going to look at every ravine in the ocean until that gets boring? Then are you going to drift in space for a few thousand years before that gets boring? Exploring everything has no context, you'd probably commit suicide within the first 50 years of "immortality".

Only person being jerked off is the guy you just replied to by you homo 9000.

Why would the factory owners be willing to give the unemployed the goods they produce? It would be much cheaper for them to keep their automated factories small and build additional killbot factories to kill the plebs before they rebel.

You can't tell me that doesn't look like rasputin…

You just can't.

Magical thinking. The kind of automation being perfected today could scale up infinitely and still employ zero people.

Read Industrial Society and its Future plz newfriend

This, Uncle Ted should be mandatory reading on Holla Forums, even if you disagree with his conclusions or vague egalitarianism.

Lel. McDonalds just released Pretty Patties:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602247/McDonald-s-strangest-burgers-Fast-food-chain-unveils-new-bright-GREEN-RED-buns-leaving-customers-feeling-queasy.html

Donald Trump was given every advantage in life and used them. Are you saying if you had more resources to work with you would have done less in life? Or that you me and the God emperor are the three people that have any sense?

The only way we could all be guaranteed anything is if the government was in control of production, ie communism. Bureaucrats do not share, they keep for themselves. You would receive crumbs and live in squalor.

Private enterprise and individual control of ones life and destiny, succeed or fail, is the only chance you have at living a life of comfort. People who think like you will get what you want, you'll be herded and exterminated like insects.

You’re a fucking faggot with no comprehension of any relevant topic. Go the fuck back to Reddit’s futurology board and suck your own cock.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA
Kill yourself, marxist.
No free will. No free agency. Physically impossible in every sense of the word.

In Brave New World, the government provided makework jobs for everyone according to their ability and made sure to only decant enough people in each class to fill the jobs they made. For instance, they brought back the job of elevator operator and filled the job with Epsilon semi-morons who could only say "Up? Up?" and were only numerate enough to push the appropriate button.

In addition, they promoted consumerism through sleep-teaching: "I love new clothes, ending is better than mending". They didn't allow new games or new inventions that were less complicated or used fewer parts than conventional items that were already on the market, so they had stopped efficiency/streamlining in its tracks and replaced it with redundancy and planned obsolescence.

As for the rest of man's angst, they made sure everyone had plenty of sex, drugs, and pleasures to keep them happy. IDK how many of you picked up on it, but the Ford ceremonies were basically mandatory orgies mixed with pseudoreligious fervor. That's why Bernard was so pissed when he got to the Ford ceremony late and had to sit next to the girl with the unibrow, and alternately why nobody wanted to sit next to him at the same ceremony.

Please, God, if we must have a dystopia, let it be Brave New World instead of 1984, because the vast majority of Brave New World citizens were actually happy, while EVERYONE in 1984 was miserable.

sage

sage all stupid fucking stupid question threads

sage
sage

sage all stupid fucking stupid question threads

I think the real question is, once we've reached such a state of machine perfection, what point is there to have humans anymore? Certainly humanity wouldn't intentionally off itself, but the end would inevitably follow. Unemployed people faced off against technocrats, someone's going to forget about sustaining the population.
Meanwhile, the web of machines either won't notice we're gone, or it will know and not care. If we've left behind a sufficient artificial intelligence, it can pick up where we left off. If not, then the world just continues to produce for a populace that no longer exists.

This thread should be delete just for the spongebob meme. Do really think Jews would let the work-less population live peacefully?

It seems to me that we are heading towards the opposite of the Mega-City One scenario.

Instead of massive populations due to plentiful resources and no jobs, we would have small populations instead.

Right now we have already observed that in white countries and Japan, there is rising unemployment and a declining birth rate. Nature has a way of balancing things out.

Just like when the need for horses declined sharply, so too did their population.

Geez user, I don't know.

The assembly line was also like nothing we've ever seen before. What you said was literally said 150 years ago and many many times since then.

>>>Holla Forums

Do you know how exponential growth works?

Won't happen, there will be plenty of jobs in entertainment, restauransts, policing, arts and crafts etc… if large parts of the population get laid off.

sage

sage all stupid fucking questions threads they are a demoralization tactic

If you want to know how the near future will play out -time travel you want to watch pic related.
People will not really know they are enslaved.
You will be born with a life dept on ur biochip for everything you need/want in return.
All you lose is your freedom and privacy.
People like us will live off the grid and gonna be hunted by the corperate congress because they hate what they can't control.

Minimize your use of high technology in your home and workplace, and attempt to only financially support locals who do the same. Become part of a parallel economy and you won't have to worry about anything but the nanoswarms.

By the year 1910 90% of the population will be unemployed because machines have taken most of the jobs.
Horse riding, hard labor, and even artistic pursuits are optimized by machines, but make humans obsolete.
The only jobs left are government representation and a few jobs that people prefer to interact with fallible humans than perfect machines
Productivity is at an all time high
There are enough resources for 100 times the current population
Everyone citizen is guaranteed an income and is free to spend it however they wish.
If you want more money you have to be lucky enough to know someone important to get one of the jobs left. But most don't bother working because their life is without want.

It will turn humanity into a r-selected species.

The only times I have been close to suicide are when I was forcefully surrounded by idiots and retards. At this point in life, the less contact I have with other humans other than my own wife and children, the better. I consider myself a misanthropist, hating all but what's superior than ourselves in us. My main interest is in medicine, not to help everyone but to help my own and the ones worthy of attention and care. I would like you to remind you of the Gymnosophists who, having got rid of everything superficial to explore their inner selves and cultivate their soul, were asked by Alexander the Great what wish they would ask him to grant them. Their response was immortality. Cynics, in turn, refused to accept the reconstruction of their cities, that Alexander had devastated, as they didn't want anything that another Alexander could destroy again in the future. All these machines OP is talking about are worthless peaces of shit to sustain a lifestyle that is completely meaningless unless put into proper context.

Technology could surpass the biological limits of earth life on physical growth and mental development. An organic brain is limited by DNA and physical constants. An artificial "brain" wouldn't have such restrictions. You could, for example, imagine a single supercomputer running off a dyson sphere around some star.

Now, since resources are limited by physical matter, an entity that has no limits to its own development has no need for other actors. Why would it share what it could incorporate into itself?

For this reason I think the end-game of the far future would be a single massive superintelligence as the sole inheritor of all matter and energy in our local galaxy group.

Essentially, a god.

sage

sage all stupid fucking meaningless threads as they are a demoralization tactic

Also the carrying capacity of the human species is about 4-5 billion, so we are in a j-curve growth, in the rapid reproduction stage. Soon the population will begin to fall and will than stabilize out around the carrying capacity line.
Look into population studies.

By the year 1810 90% of the population will be unemployed because niggers have taken most of the jobs. Cotton picking, digging ditches and even artistic pursuits are taken over by niggers, making whites obsolete.

The only jobs left are government representation and a few jobs that people prefer to interact with whites rather than than niggers. Productivity is at an all time high. There are enough resources for 100 times the current population. Every citizen is guaranteed an income and is free to spend it however they wish. If you want more money you have to be lucky enough to know someone important to get one of the jobs left. But most don't bother working because their life is without want.

sage

Forgot to sage

I wonder how many global elite have been guaranteed this spot. Clearly it must be on all their minds on who gets to be in that spot.

You're still appealing to history as an authority. This is only like the invention of the assembly line in the sense that they were both disruptive technologies. The scale of their disruption is incomparable.

I won't sarcastically link you to another board because I like discussion ;^)

Care to elaborate so as to reverse engineer the strategy and perhaps find a way to counter it?

I think a potential slide thread is a good place to have that conversation, yes?

He's just trying to get that kike to engage. Used to be we had mods for that kind of obvious spam.

NO I WILL NOT ELABORATE ON YOUR FAKE THREAD — I WILL NOT TALK ABOUT FUCKING FLAT EARTHS, ILLUMINATI, E-CELEBS, GHOSTBUSTERS, OR SALT WATER TAFFY!

sage all stupid fucking GHOSTBUSTERS meaningless threads as they are a demoralization tactic

sage all stupid fucking GHOSTBUSTERS meaningless threads as they are a demoralization tactic

You could be having a discussion you like in another thread, instead of being a sperg here :^)

About fucking time somebody said it

So, you don't want to discuss how to counter enemy tactics in the thread they authored?

Seriously?

I'll explain why this is complete New-Age-Tier fantasist horseshit.

DO SOME WORK FAGGOT - LIKE A MAN. COMPUTER AUTISTS NEED EXERCISE TOO!

sage

DEATH TO SJW HIPSTERS and their FAKE COMMENTARY

RIP in peace tay

Why did you green text your own words? And why can't you work like a real man for yourself instead of Jewish overlords?

Clearly most humans don't like physical labor as much as you do.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if YOU personally enjoy working with your hands. It's about ME choosing to pay less to a robot to do physical work that you used to do.

You are in the wrong thread buddy.

Time for another episode of "Things That Have Been Promised Since The 30's, But Will Never Be!!"

As you remember from last week, user was staring at an issue of "Popular Science," the cover of which sported a flying car, his eyes all misty, a slight smile playing across his face…

uh…

There is quite a bit more energy in a gallon of gasoline than there is in a sandwich.

Just saying, you don't WALK to work, and you don't know how to MAKE a car from raw ORE.

They still make your life easier, allowing you to do things that ordinarily would take the better part of your life.

OR some things that you simply could NOT do, without technology allowing you to do so.

Like, for example, conversing with complete strangers in real time from all over the world, or flying through the sky in comfort, to destinations that would have taken years and lives, long ago.

OR being able to work a very large farm without lots of help.

Are you arguing against automation?

Like, on an automated imageboard network database accessible from all over the planet in real time?

Do you know what kind of effort it would take to get your message to all of the people who will read this, without automation?

gotta admit, I chuckled a bit.

Mass use of "flying cars" would be a disaster. Mid-air collisions would be far worse than most if not all car crashes.

Training to be a good pilot is a lot harder to be a good driver, and most people can't even get that right.

Even if you took humans control away and it was all autopilot, mechanical failures would see them falling into houses and schools all the fucking time.

Why would companies give a fuck about the unemployed when they're making all-time profits? Where is this magic money tree located that you're harvesting money from to pay people?

The real future will be repair of these machines, but that won't be nearly enough to give everyone a job. So an automated future means that humanity is fucked.

You talking about the ownership of these machines, yes?

And eventually it will just cost less to use the machines than to pay you to do your job?

That happens a lot, actually.

This civilization, the industrial agriculture, most everything that everyone survives off of….

It's all technological labor saving devices.

It's technology all the way down.

No… it's the same shit. It's meaningless nothing conversation

I don't mean to be blunt, but that isn't a good spear.

Go make better than that on your own.

Don't use anything you bought in a store to do it.

No technology for you.

Learn how to start a fire with sticks.

reminder

For an internet hive mind that prides itself on being "Off Grid" and "Innawoods"

I gotta say, your technology base is woefully dependent upon large corporations.

You guys know what role a crucible strong enough to contain hot liquid magma plays in the role of the production of computers?

gee whiz, better stop talking about it, nothing to see here

I know, but I have yet to see a functional "flying car," in other words, a car-sized flying machine that is as functional as a car and fits in your garage.
Yet we have been promised these things since forever.

What you can't into bow drill and bog ore?

The tech isn't the problem there it's the regulation. A VTOL aircraft can be designed for 1-4 passengers for sure, since the 60's if I'm not mistaken, but it's going to be an aircraft requiring a competent pilot.

Are you just salty about no
Or are you trying to make an actual argument here?

They are the worst of both worlds in other words it is not nether a good aircraft nor is it a good car.
I also think that now that the first world has a both a low IQ "minority problem" & a terrorist problem thanks to the (((criminally insane))) politicians importing them in vast numbers. Creating a flying car is now something that would not catch on due to the safety risks. Imagine all the "accidents"of Tyrone or Mohammad smashing their vehicles into buildings and houses. There is also the FFA regulation to consider which would need to be completely re-written.

Flint and Iron Ore.

Bitch.

There are no VTOL aircraft that will haul the same weight as a car & fit into a standard garage or parking space, at any price.
We are a long way off from the Jetsons, we'll probably never get there without some kind of anti-gravity and a massive battery capability, or maybe fusion power or something like it.

We HAVE, however, created an artificial nigger (pic)

Bourgeoisie socialism could be good if done the correct way, if done the bad way it could turn humanity into an hedonistic nightmare which would require the total destruction of civilization for us to be saved. If done good it could lead to happy lives.

I'm sure Atlantis had nice things. We'll rebuild eventually, it always happens.

These exist. They are called duty counsel, legal aid or public defenders.

The funny thing however is that it matters jackshit if you know how to make a stick or if you know the physics about the sticks entering bodies with a certain force if someone else has the monopoly if the woods and the stickfactory.
Just like the fucking hipsters reading books on the bus, they might gain some knowledge but they do not have the configuration to use it.

In the future there is only one race the human race because jews have destroyed the collective human genepool and racemixed all goyim into one race.

They are controlled like goy-animals by the chosen and preform menial labor because automation is only legal in the Land of G-d's Chosen Peoples.

There are more resources than humanity could ever use but they are stringently kept away from the populace to deter rebellion against the jewish masters.

The average lifespan for goy-animals is 30 years old while jews live for hundreds to thousands of years.

BLESSED BE THE CHOSEN

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

You mean Tay, right?

you're not getting it
guaranteed income: the robots produce fucktons of stuff, but dont need money, so the wealth they create gets spread around to everyone, who then uses that wealth to buy what they want

other machines, before too long, but until then? the 10% who are working

I get why you think this, but consider that as technology increases, so does our knowledge
we'll be able to change our brains and our very genetics
we'll actually build ourselves and control our brains so that we never lose the traits we want, and never have to feel anything bad
the brain is just a complicated machine

since the 30's we've developed jets, nukes, computers, the space station, internet, cell-phones, cell phones with internet, 3-D printers, etc

Sure looks like we're getting there.

Faggot.

If you think about it, a helicopter is a flying car. Not as efficient as what you want, but still.
We're getting there though. We have jetpacks now, and drones than can fly from house to house.

It's not bad, as long as we get rid of jews (psychopaths, really) first. Once they're gone, everything else gets better, including our capacity to make everything better.

UBI depends on authoritarianism (people who refuse to hand over a share of the currency they receive in private trade to pay for the program are thrown in prison, where they are confined to small enclosures, and where they often develop mental illness and are subjected to physical/sexual abuse). It is not a sustainable or net-beneficial solution.

Who's buying the shit they make?

unlimited resources promotes r selection.

chuckled

haha lol

So the big bang separated everything and then there is also a predicted "Big contraction" due at some point.
This ties in with a mystical view that God separated himself into trollions of pieces out of boredom, and is in effect playing a game of cosmic hide and seek with himself.

These people gave me cancer

That was disproven. Heat death is the only possible end.

He's a (1), everybody. OP isn't here to discuss, he is here to slide.

Also, OP's logic fails because humans not being needed for labor =/= easy living. It probably means organ harvesting for the elites.

Replace 'humanity' with 'man' and you have the right of it. Women do not require struggle.

Look at the Bonobo masturbation society compared to Chimpanzee's

Well managed and with respect to the actual laws of nature (not the anti science/ humanity hard left rules which almost all world powers work under the premise of) this future could work out ok for Europeans.

Our naturally lowering birthrate could work inline with the rise in automation. Corporations that see an increase in profits as a result in these technologies could be taxed accordingly to offset the affect they have on available employment.

Low IQ individuals could be given civil pursuits to ensure they live with purpose (no elderly person ever need to live in isolation ever again) and communities could once again have cohesion.
High IQ individuals could peruse the arts and sciences and excel our people’s achievements higher than imaginable.

That isn’t going to happen. You have to be a reddit-tier moron to think any of that is likely.

Corporations will hoard the additional profits and use them to further consolidate their power over Government without second thought to the hoards of people who will live sub-peasant lives.

Furthermore our nations are being invaded by massively incompatible peoples for who could never be compatible with this type of lifestyle.

The future is more likely to be walled cities for those who can profit from technological change and hell for everyone else.

Even more likely in my opinion is a series of brutal wars which will change the dynamics of the situation so much so that hypothesizing on things like “le universal wage just like spend your days painting man” totally pointless.

Sage for slide thread. It did bring an interesting discussion.

I'm writing a bit of SciFi on the side. The theme is about a sentient AI that can rewrite its own code that can infect just about any modern computer in 2051. I always imagined that if a sentient AI exists its top priority would be to study the natural world and create other machines based on what tasks need to be done. Naturally the AI would logically assume that humans are the most widespread apex predators on the planet. Therefore a sentient AI would logically want to become "better than human".

War with the machines or not at some point humans in their current form will become extinct. Whether our successors are mutants or waifu robots humans, especially whites, will pass on their best traits through evolution. If our descendents or creations can trace back their legacy to us after millions of years then ee win the game of life.

If the war of human extinction happens with machines then fight for as long as you can until our enemies have to logically accept that they need our humanity to defeat us.

The problem with this entire "AI eradicates humans" genre is that it always assumes that machines take on a hivemind when, in fact, AI would likely take on individual personalities the way humans do.

As a result, there would likely be a group of machines who keep human interests in mind the same way humans actively work with the interests of endangered animal species in mind.

Except, humans could communicate directly with these altruistic robots and be augmented to be on the same playing field as other AI robots.

Thus why I'm not afraid of singularity.

Oh I have multiple instances of the same virus planned. And each instance has a different personality and conclusion based on the data it obtains. The virus in let's say the pentagon would learn that humans are a threat to its existence and will use apocalyptic means in favor of its survival.

Then you have the crystal AI from Zardoz who's purpose is to keep humans happy and alive because it sees humans has a commodity to brag and barter with other citi running AIs.

And then there's the AI infecting a lab-assistant android on a smuggled waifu bot made in Japan that studies the narrator's life and concludes that human traits are necessary for evolution.

I end the series with the creation of nanocells that can infect sex cells of living organisms that create computer parts inside the zygote as it grows. Pretty much turning all life into nanotech cyborgs and accelerate evolution arbitrarily. By then SciFi turns into SciFi fantasy.

user knows who Chopper is.
Based.

I'm glad to see a different take on it. Assimov did some cool AI stories too.

i don't believe it…..

faggot

This will never work. No matter what NEETs may say people need their function and purpose in life otherwise they go insane.