He was being ironic, right? He was lying so he wouldn't lose his remaining retard viewers. Am I right...

He was being ironic, right? He was lying so he wouldn't lose his remaining retard viewers. Am I right? please God don't tell me even this average normalfag has gotten bad taste due to peer pressure.

channelawesome.com/nostalgia-critic-are-kids-shows-better-now-than-ever/

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Motorcity
watchcartoononline.com/anime/motorcity
animetoon.org/watch-motorcity
watchcartoons.com/watch/motorcity/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

user…

The only good show I can take from there is Gravity Falls and even that is little more than average.
Curiously is the show with the least social commentary of them all rather having character problematics.

Yeah, he should go fuck himself.

Doug Walker is not an average normalfag. Let me put it this way: you remember the high school anime club? Even if you weren't a part of it, you probably remember the weeaboo brigade that every high school had. Doug Walker was one of those idiots. He was the one who, on the outside, looked the least pathetic (barring at least half of the Video Game Guys, i.e. the guys who only hung out around the weebs because one of the guys was dating one of the females of the group), but was without a doubt the second most insufferable male member of the group (beaten out only by the Omega Weeaboo, the fedora fatty who maxed out every negative social stat he could). Common traits include dropping random Japanese words in conversation (not just "kawaii" or "gomen", either, I'm talking replacing "What?" with "Oro?" with a completely straight face), raising his voice to god damn ear shattering levels when he gets excited, putting unusually strong emphasis on the words he spouts for "random" humor (like he says "waffles" like he's revealing the ultimate secret to comedy), and generally being so insecure that he flips his shit over trivial garbage while still trying to maintain that he's "totally gonna make something of himself".

Doug Walker is what happens when that behavior is allowed to go on unchecked, when that behavior isn't beaten out of him by the real world and further fostered by retarded fans who are just as socially inept as he is.

This is exactly why you should wait until a few years have passed before claiming we've entered a new golden age of animation.

Otherwise it'll come back to fatally stab you in the ass when it turns out most of these shows did not age very well.

You can't expect him to watch all those cartoon shows. After all, he has a life you know.

You don't deserve that life Doug.

Then why did you made that video?

Because he marathoned those four specific shows for a vlog series where people listen to what he thought about each individual episode.

Four shows that weren't even finished at the time are not enough to determine if they are better now than before.

He looks weird shaven and if he made a video about how the shows he grew up on were better he'd be labelled a nostagliafag

He must have really low standards if he considers Adventure Time's poor attempts at philosophy and mature moments good

no, i'm sure he just has bad taste

>Thundercats 2011 good art, decent story, shit characters

actually, douge came up before anime made mainstream appeal, so he's made himself like this

it's scary how that can happen

now he looks like he's 50, just take off the goddamned hat and you'll see how far back his hairline receded

He shills for AT, SU and GF because they're SJW shows, and because they're SJW shows they're the best thing ever in his eyes and the eyes of others like him.

Oh, I know. I'm not necessarily saying anime caused him, I was just giving an example of the KIND of individual that Doug Walker is. In days long past he might have been the worst of the D&D nerds, or perhaps a comic book geek without a bully to put him down, but the point is that he is a man who developed a disgustingly warped brain in high school, and by becoming "internet famous" any tempering that should have happened in the real world didn't, thus fostering the individual we know as Doug Walker today.

He only references shows popular with his fans…except MLPFiM, overtly.

Basically he is a Mark

Doug is just pandering. In the past his gimmick was nostalgia, but since all the nostalgiafags have stopped watching he is now pandering to autists and SJWs. Simple as that. Doug was never a real critic, he's an entertainer, and his show should be seen as comedy (whether you find it funny or not does not matter, shit comedy is still comedy).

I remember when he tried to stop his Nostalgia Critic show because he didn't want to be a screechy retard.

Then he started another show where he was a screechy retard.

And it tanked.

Well, back to the original screechy retardedness.

Which was?

Wait, they didn't have an abortion, right?

Adventure Time and Steven Universe I understand, but how is Gravity Falls in anyway considered to appeal to the SJW demographic

Demo Reel.

No, it's just a play on words. Might as well call it Autism Time.

This.
The whole Mabel shit looks more than Hirsch's childhood issues than SJW.
The only SJW episode was hated by the staff themselves.

Which episode was by the way ?

Roadside Attraction.

No one's mentioned this one yet. For shame.

Considering the universal, inescapable tendency for creators' personal history, political/ideological beliefs and especially fetishes to subconsciously bleed into anything they produce, that's probably what is. Since she's based off his sister and Dipper is based off him, most of the obnoxiousness of Mabel probably comes from his own sister having acted similarly or just like that growing up, and how Alex's perception of this behavior is naturally warped.

As for Mabel being consequence-free for the most part, that probably comes from a mix of Alex not wanting to rag on his sister due to family relation/her directly being involved, and his own personal ideology (i.e. liberal as shit, the current popular trend, especially among artists) making him think women really are all perfect little snowflakes across the board. There might be a little bit of suppressed psychiatric issue shit in the mix too, such as seeing his sister and her fictional counterpart as perfect angels despite being annoying morons because she was probably the "better"/more-noticed one growing up, and he didn't exactly cope well with being second-rate.

It's not too huge of a stretch, considering most modern cartoon writers tend to forsake telling an interesting or inspiring story, in favor of projecting their own unhappy pasts and dark personal neuroses on the characters and setting with no real goal. For example, a good chunk of the AT writers are clearly pushing their own piss-poor luck with dating and relationships onto Finn, because they think it's normal to be rejected so hard that you suddenly turn two millennium-old women into lesbians, having never seen otherwise personally. One of them even has some kind of batshit-insane need to "make Finn suffer" that he's stated plainly in the open on social media, which is about as blunt as you can get with projected psychosis without making an entire 22-minute special where Finn murders everybody for no reason.

Implementing personal demons into work isn't always bad assuming it's done right, such as someone who's deathly-afraid of robots and technology using their perspective to write a genuinely-terrifying horror story about this topic, but in this case it's just betas who know jack-shit about women and relationships projecting their own shit onto cartoon characters as some kind of strange catharsis/release.

Proof of the staff expressing the hate?

Considering it had a lot of issues that plagued the romance of Season 1 (Dipper thinks with his dick and fucks things up), but it also fell into a predictable hole and also ruined what looked like a cute hook-up because of this one mistake.

Did they even finish that?

Yes

What the fuck? I thought people liked that ironically. I saw two episodes and stopped watching because the girl was really grinding on me. Oh, and the "LAWL SO RANDUMB" shit isn't funny.

Fuck. Well, guess I know what I'm watching this weekend.

Around episode 4 starts getting bretty good.
By episode 6 is officially good.
The random humor never stops completely but they use less and they get better at it anyways.

One episode has plot needed crossdressing and kinda triggered me but I took my meds and actually enjoyed it.

I like that Star is not a Mary Sue, and constantly fucks up, it takes a while but she does get called on it a couple times and seems to be one of the main lessons of the season.

Episode 12-18 requires a little bit of patience.

People forgot about it because there's no way to watch it. The torrents are dead and Disney doesn't have it on any streaming service.

THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE FOR PIRACY.
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Motorcity

Technically the entire show is for sale on iTunes

I tried that but the ads kept interrupting the show.

Pretty damn great.
Its way edgier than Zombie Island but is diluted in 52 episodes so doesn't come as gritty.
The characters are pretty fine, almost every Scooby cliche is explored, but barely actually used in a straight way neither are them exploited.
Has a decent pace, you can actually understand Scooby and he's not the main focus.
Fred, if not the protagonist, the most important character.
Velmas get's rebooted more accertive, kinda pre feminist smells but she gets out of it.
Daphne is kind of an airhead but a very kind one.
Shaggy surprisingly is the most level headed of the group even when he's still kinda goofy.
Ans Scooby is actually a character now.
Probably the best incarnation.

(checked)
I remember seeing a high school photo of him on Holla Forums. He had a fedora re: trilby before it was cool :^)

Are you on Chrome nigger?
That has literally never happened to me.

Lots of Disney shows seem to have shaky starts like this, especially if it stars/co-stars a female character, since female characters are a lot more prone to Mary Sue bullshit on the whole. Reminds me of Kim Possible (A.K.A. what Star is kind of a spiritual successor to, in terms of the basic "capable outgoing girl plus awkward cautious boy with hidden strength save the world from a bunch of petty comedic villains and rare legitimate threats repeatedly" format), and how the title character was a huge Mary Sue to start with, before getting slowly reworked into a better character with flaws as the writers got more comfortable and recognized the problem, while also having the spotlight shifted away from her quite a bit onto the sidekick and the villains that everyone found more interesting anyhow.

I wish "magical/superpowered/science-enhanced/whatever girl hero who's seemingly a consequence-immune Mary Sue to start with repeatedly gets called out and shit on, until she develops into a good character due to struggling and persevering, who both has visible flaws and works through/past them" was a substantial genre, it's desperately needed these days.

Doesn't even need to be over-the-top edgy or anything like that either, all it has to do is take a character that'd be a perfect little special snowflake in most other media and break her down with sensible consequences for her stupid nonsense, before building her back up into someone interesting and non-retarded. Just take a Mary Sue, poke as many holes in her shit character with basic reasoning and consequence as they'd be in any logical world as possible, then fill the holes you've made with actual good writing.

I've seen them, but I thought they discontinued it this was when I was in college, so I couldn't spend time online. I thought it was great too.

*I just didn't see the last episodes

Dubs confirm. Thanks.

That's basic deconstruction and reconstruction.
Most shit writers won't even try the first, the rest think recosntruction means go back to Mary Sue stage.
In reality is to aknowledge the deconstruction stage AND the Mary Sue one learning from them to grab some kind of balance between who your character (Let's say Quirky teen personality) is and what the character is willing to do (The character morals) and the reality of the situation (How does this affect other characters and how would they act).

Reconstruction is the ultimate step of good character writting.

Examples of well and not so well done.

Not so well: Mabel Gravity Falls.
The delivery was very subtle.
-Are you ready for the future.
-Nope… Let's do it.
She was still a whinning teen but now she aknowledges she has to grow up out of it.
Is not so well because the deconstruction wasn't well explored, but that was a perfect deconstruction delivery.

Well done: Mystery Incorporated.
The gang starts like a bunch of teens with a weird hobby.
During the series the gang realizes about their upcoming adulthood, the reality of the dangers and problematics of such enterprise.
And by the end, even knowing their life won't be easy, or well payed, or safe they know that's what they want to do so they travel around the country solving mysteries.

The problem with reconstruction is that is so subtle normalfags barely notice it.

I figured you would love Gravity falls with the amount of young children on it.

We had a motherfucking filed day on the /jojo/ thread when that episode aired, didn't we ?

Doug has always had this delusion that he's some sort of classic funnyman. Like a Looney Tune cartoon character perfectly personified.

Look at the way he quit his job as a janitor. He probably imagined himself being so wacky and hilarious and getting a big rise out of the employees there. Instead, he got a few nervous laughs and ran out of the building before he got in any real trouble.

If you have Adblock disable it first, then skip your video to around the first few minutes after 30 seconds, then immediately enable Adblock.

S-stop.
I have never cringed so hard in my life while watching an okay-cartoon.

Doesn't help that working out your personal issues on screen is often met with rapturous applause. (see Steven 'mummy and daddy don't love each other anymore' Spielberg)

Problem is Adventure Time seems to be where they've completely run out of ideas that aren't either fan pandering or writing scripts out of what they should be telling to their therapist. Good christ, that five-parter was a giant waste of time.

You mean Stakes or the S6 finale ?
Both of them were god-awful anyways

I gotta give him credit. That's a hell of a way to quit your job.

It's a really dumb way.

Just shit on your boss's desk like everyone else and get on with it.

Doing this dumb little skit like he's trying to make a viral video is just pure cringe.

What really killed it was the fact that he documented it.
Does anyone have that picture of him from high school?

I'm shocked Doug even has people that still watch his stuff.

Guess whining about YouTube taking your shit down will save your goddamn dead viewership.

Can't wait to see him jump on hot button topics like feminism, the portrayal of women in media and GamerGate (Now that it's a dead horse) to gain more random passer by viewers and attention like pics related.

I wonder if he's got any fans? Can't imagine him being appealing to the younger audience of youtube of now. Bet his fans are still the ones from 2008 who can't admit the damn man isn't funny anymore and needs to go back being a janitor.

New fans*

Doug's mistake was assuming that because the nostalgia critic had fans, he must have them, too. Nobody gave a shit about him, just that one character he did and the videos that character starred in.

Sad, considering how much more skit and production-based he's gotten

mid 90s?

Pretty much. I remember him saying "Well, if I'm going to start the NC again, then I want to do it at my own pace and write better jokes!"

I actually wanted to give him a second chance at this point.

Then the very next episode was filled with screaming and horrible skits fro his other shitty actors. Last thing I ever saw of his again.

Too bad his humour hasn't improved.

Spoiler: It's still like that.

Nah, what really killed it was the way he whooped it up after he let the first track finish as if that was his grand finale, then proceeded to just strut around waving his radio through the next song like a total faggot. One of the golden guidelines of comedy; watching someone milk the shit out of their own teeny weenie is neither a joke nor a punchline, or it had at least better follow up with some damned good slapstick.

There was a 16th minute of fame where he was the face of fair use on youtube, and then nothing happened.

Here are some better sites that don't have midroll ads or try and shame you for using adblock. Retards here keep shilling mediocre as fuck kisscartoon and I don't know why.

watchcartoononline.com/anime/motorcity

animetoon.org/watch-motorcity

watchcartoons.com/watch/motorcity/

don't forget the classic "Trump and his fans = Nazis" joke that he decided to pull out for Pluto Nash