Walls are a good thing

We have used walls for thousands of years. They have always been essential for the survival of anyone.

What's changed? Why do some people think walls are a bad thing?

We all know self-professed progressives believe that since it's 2015, everyone in the world is happy, strangers are just friends that you haven't met yet, and war doesn't exist outside of violent video games.

By their logic, walls on a national scale are no longer relevant and borders should be removed. Continuing with their logic, are they on a path to concluding that all walls should be banned? In their utopia you won't need locks on your house because everyone has everything therefore you don't have anything wanted by someone else.

I also get the air from them that living largely in seclusion is a terrible thing and communal living is the future. If you want to start a small community away from them, you're immediately a suspicious person with xenophobic tendancies. Communal living is easily more efficient in terms of regulating food, water and power use; it's much cheaper to build one large community building than it is to build 10,000 individual houses.

If perhaps you just want to keep to yourself and/or don't want to interact with them then you must hold a very terrible secret and must be an awful person. No one has to keep secrets because everything is accepted and there is no shame in anything you do. How could one possibly want to keep a secret from the most tolerant people in existence?

Communal living is the future and the only people who want privacy are terrorists.

Walls fell out of fashion with the advent of gunpowder.

But OP, walls prevent rape and we can't have that!!!!

What part of globalist Marxism don't you understand? Fuck.

No they didn't. Walls are essential along with a roof to keep the elements at bay.

I'd like to take a second to point out, that while it's already quite obvious, I don't mean they're going to want to ban shelter.

if you want to live like a rodent. good thing we haven't based civilization on making construction easy or we would be living like otters.

And you think a civilization where most people live worse than cockroaches while the other 1% are literally kings has worked out really well

:^)

Sidenote: Is there any evidence for African carpentry?

Who opened the gates of Toledo to Muslims? Who now says "We can't build walls, we should build bridges"? They're one and the same.

pavise crossbowman spamming faggot detected

What game is that?

When anyone criticizes the wall, remind them there is a fucking fence around there house.

If there isn't they just cannot afford one and that helps your argument.

*their

Liberals are r selected.

r selected species have a vested interest in letting in the enemy.

a modded version of medieval 2 total war.

the game is ok. worth it if you can get it for very little/free.

Literally because modern people are conditioned to think history stopped after WW2. We live such comfortable lives that the way people lived before WW2 seems barbaric and just…lesser.
It's like how Islam has been trying to conquer the West for over a thousands years yet everyone thinks they suddenly stopped after WW2 because the idea of literally invading and conquering territory seems middle ages. When in actuality, nothing has changed but the way in which land is invaded

oops,
was meant for

sage
sage useless topics

I wasn't talking about shelter I mean who wants to live in a shelter all their lives. No I want walls and a roof not a fucking hole in the ground.

Hello leftypol/kotakuinaction. Yes there is a large amount of evidence regarding African Carpentry. They are called huts, and made mostly of straw.

it's 2016, op

the current year

But user…all the evil fascist natzi were defeated how can the world still be a place full of meanies?

The only meanies that exist are the meanies in your mind.

Leave the poor beaners alone and celebrate all of this diversity.

WTF? What world do you live on? The planet of homeless nomads?

gg

No, I'm a "meanie". You best have a wall, I'll fuck your shit up.

good post op.

i agree and amplify when it comes to immigrants. why stop at syrians and mexicans? we should bring literally every poor retard into the US. what could go wrong?

Nothing's changed. The besieging forces and those who would benefit from their taking the city have always thought walls were bad.

A great film dealing with walled towns and why we need them, a must watch for the newfag:

Spouting this r/K crap doesn't make you look smart no matter how often it is used. Read a book nigga.

Ron Paul says the wall is going to keep us in one day