Disassociation

Has user ever encountered situations (especially after long drinking nights) in which reality seems unreal?

It's like your stuck in some kind of hyper-realistic video game - you can turn your head but it's as if your eye movement was actually that of an in-game first person camera that doesn't perfectly sync up to the movement of your neck. Your eyes do not feel like your own, but more like windows through which some sort of inner eyes watch the world.

You feel strangely numb. You can go outside, but you don't really feel the wind or the sun on your skin. You set one foot in front of the other, mechanically, within really thinking about walking.

When you see other people, you somehow don't unconsciously collect information about them. Normally you see a person and immediately start judging it by skin color, body fat, hairstyle, or whatnot. But in this situation, you simply walk past by them, as if they're just there to decorate the world

reality is perception. it is subjective. the mind can easily be altered.

probably chemical imbalance or a reaction to the toxic substances most of us consume. regardless of cause, it is not that big of a deal.

~magician and memetic engineer

Welcome to my world

wow how deep

You son of a bitch.

not when I'm drunk but this happens frequently

like entire days where this happens

Welcome to the beginning symptoms of recognizing Un-reality, friendo.

I fell like that when i play Far Cry

You need to get laid.

Yes I used to be a psychonaut.

thanks

i had this for a bit when i was young
i felt like i was just my eyes and everything else was automatic

happens at least once a week when I'm sober

I'm on auto pilot most of my life unless I'm drunk. Then I feel like I'm really me. I do shit I don't otherwise like sing along with music, choose random fucking movies to watch, and crash on the fucking lawn. I also dance constantly when I'm drunk and it's the only time I feel happy. Sober I can't get out of my own head and I'm too unfocused.

That's dissociation, the psychological condition. Which is the title of the thread. So……what's your point?

If it's beyond a "I know that feel" thread and you actually want to address the problem, first address any other psychological conditions that might be related, such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD. Then start doing mindfulness meditation. At the very least, it will help you start to notice when and how you dissociate.

Pretty sure you are, in fact, just describing being drunk, OP.

Its called disassociation or depersonalization.

I've had it loads of times. Terrifying at first but you get used to it.

Its like watching the world through a movie. Like observing your body from some distant inner vantage point.

It's called smoking weed, man.

One time, I was high for like a month and when I sobered up, being sober felt like being high all over.

You joke, but for me the high of weed and dissociation are eerily similar, if I'm very highly dissociated. The major difference is the feeling of relaxation that weed gives you. Otherwise it's practically the exact same.

That's a good way of describing it. I feel like I'm watching myself speak instead of speaking. But that's only a small portion of it for me.

Do you get dissociation every time you smoke.

I love weed but had to give it up because I would get extreme dissociation/derealization.

Every time I smoke it feels like I dissapear, there is no "person" experiencing reality. There is just reality. All perceptions are seen as projections of the mind and all that exists is my consciousness. My consciousness dissolves and becomes the whole universe, and all that really exists is what is happening through the 5 senses and the intellect. Time isn't real, it is just an idea and all ideas– every single one, inluding the idea of being alie or of dying someday – have no substantial truth

I guess you could say I do.

I've had several people keep telling me that I should get a card for depression, anxiety, etc, but I don't really think it would help, just because it's basically self-induced dissociation.

And wow are you sure you're not on a hallucinogen? because that sounds like LSD, not weed.

Yeah constantly go do some Ketamine. Pretty surreal drug. Honestly I'm not exactly sure I like it, but there's something about it that keeps making me come back for more and more. Just don't do more than 3 grams a week unless you want to fuck up your kidneys.

Also I guess DXM is an option if you're an underage faggit

I have experienced psychosis multiple times (as flashbacks) from overdoing psychedelics when I was younger.

kys faggit. No true psychonaut has these stupid wannabe experiences.

Sage for responding to pussyboi

true stoner detected

ketamine is probably one of the rarest things to come across in any situation unless you know a paramedic

when i take dxm i get this way yes.

also since ive been taking alot of dxm acid and smoking every fucking day i feel a step back from reality. everything seems weird and most normal people don't get "it". What is "it"? Im not sure but its a thing.

lol at "true psychonaut" as if there is some code. the fact is that drugs can change your brain, but the question is whether you can function with these changes.

dysnomia here

I manage. Occasionally I get breakdowns but I've gotten good at conuncleing them.

lol clearly you're an outsider. Pretty to get unless you're an autistic retard with no friends. Which I guess you are

If you saw my other thread you know I have a degree in philosophy, (as well as geography). Allow me to deconstruct your argument. But I've had several beers so cut me some slack.

Well I'm not really sure how much really needs to be said. As premises 1 and 3 are clearly in contradiction if there is some sort of code as to what it means to be a "true psychonaut" and it is implausible and then it doesn't make any sense to propose in your third premise something that makes one a true psychonaut. I've had a fair amount to drink and would argue this point further. But your second premise is just as, if even more nonsensical than your first and third premises. "The fact that all drugs change your brain." So what? What does this have to be with being a psychonaut? Would it be fair to consider someone who drinks caffeine regularly a "true psychonaut."

In short, kys

heh, you are correct my response was not very well thought out. What I had meant was that "flashback" type situations can happen that's pretty much it. Sometimes when I am extremely high, I'll hit the thought loop from my previous trip. How would that make me any less of a psychonaut if such a thing exists?

It's all good fam. As you may, or may not know, I have an undefeated 8-0 amateur record as an MMA fighter. When I was younger my dream was to compete as a fighter, but once I got in there I found it terrifying. A man fighting on the same card as me actually handled a guillotine submission incorrectly and is a quadriplegic to this very day. It's very unfortunate

aw come on i want to talk about drugs

I'm sorry. It's just something that haunts me to this very day. Not that there's any shame in losing. Most people think there is, but there isn't, everything is a learning experience. Sleeping at night is still difficult for me.

But yeah sure I can talk drugs for as long as I'm up. I took a bunch of Benadryl jsyk

What dosage of dph? deliriants are very fucking cool to me. seeing any fun things yet?

Oh no no, I usually take between 10-16 a night. I'll probably develop delirium when I'm older, but it's a small price to pay for sleeping well.

if you are a male do you have penis issues from all the dph you take on a nightly basis?

lol no fam. Stimulants used to give me ED, but not DPH at all. I understand the concern, but none at all on my end.

What is a true psychonaut?

Same

yeah, just weed. Medical grade shit, but even then I only take three hits at most. The crazy thing is it meets the criteria for a +4 experience, basically unheard of on weed (as you mentioned) but more common on LSD, Shrooms and DMT