What does Holla Forums think of Miraculous Ladybug?

What does Holla Forums think of Miraculous Ladybug?

Dissapointing

Last convention I went to had a ton of Ladybug and Catnerd costumes, which was weird because I hadn't really seen anything on it, fanart or otherwise.

French teenagers in latex catsuits/10

it has been mentioned before

Have not gotten around to watching it tho

Poorly made French cartoon made to pander to weebs.

Some which had promise, but that promise was squandered.
So what said.

It's ok. Not great, but likable enough. Animation is ok, except for the clips that are blatantly recycled in (literally) all of the main villain's appearences and the transformation sequences (you can argue it's an homage to old magical girl shows, but it still looks lazy). Episodes can be kind of samey and lack a lot of substance if you don't give a shit about the characters, and the weeb pandering (and the POZ'd elements like the obligatory diversity quota) can be kind of grating at times. There was never a moment for me when I thought what was happening on screen was really dumb (unless you count some of the godawful villain designs, pic related is one I particularly hate), but then again nothing ever felt very smart either. It's a pretty standard kid's show.

That said, I did watch every episode of season 1 and remained contended enough. The show has a strange charisma about it, it's almost too charming for its own good. Unlike modern cartoons where you have the characters making constant quips and winking at the camera, Miraculous plays itself very straight with its writing. Even the plot twists that you can see coming from a mile away see: Hawkmoth being Cat Noire's dad play themselves out with a sort of formality and sincerity that's actually kind of refreshing.

For me it's on the better end of the spectrum for kid's shows. Keeps itself together with likable characters, serviceable animation and a charming, genuine presentation. I'd probably rewatch it if I had the chance.

I would've watched it if it had been done in 2d.

weebshit

These posts basically hit the nail on head here.

And yet I watched every episode, found the show and the characters to be strangely charming like described. The show feels like they are putting the effort to make this work (unlike the say the Powerpuff Girls reboot). It's not a bad show, but it's not the best either. The villain of the day, can have some bizarrely creative powers/threats from the most mundane of abilities (Eg the Bubbler, Princess Fragrance, Kung Food, Puppeteer, Lady Wi-fi, the Mime, Pixelator).

Though if this does carry on to season 2 without any change to the writing formula, this series is gonna sink fast. It needs a story arc and some more continuity.

Fucking really ?

Younger audiences aren't THAT dumb, little kids CAN follow overarching stories, that's what makes the show more engaging for an audience, because the get exited on what's gonna happen next

Post more of that cute clown.

It's alright. Some episodes are fun to watch for the schlock, and Chat Noir's basically useless half the time.

Can't talk about this show without the fear of fujos showing up gushing about catboys.

Considering buying the DVDs

I love it. The characters are fun, the interaction between them is fun, ok animation, good designs, good side characters and we learn more about them in some episodes, so there is no "here there is this character and you see it once and you know all about it", there are some details about them and stuff. They are cute in their own way.
Now, what i don't like is all the shit Marathon does all the time, the episodes are repetitive very often and of course they had to put the evil spoiled queen bee of the high school.
The setting (Paris and such) is a little dissapointed.

Nice waifus and cosplay possibilities so I'm quite okay with it.

It's shit.

basically totally spies in 3d with less fetishes

I've only seen a few episodes here and there as my nephews and nieces watch the show. It does look pretty neat for a show aimed at kids.

After reading the comment from other anons, it would be interesting for the creators to start expanding on more than just a single bad. It's not like kids are complete dummies, so there should be plenty of room to start adding in mini story-arcs under a main one.

See, this is shitty because with 3d you can at least try a few different camera angles for almost no extra work. So the same transformation can at least have a few different versions, but nah, fuck it. Thomas the Tank Engine is going zip out of the station at the same time every day with the same dopey look on his face viewed from exactly the same angle.

Needs more butts.