Scott Adams has a persuasion reading list

Scott Adams has a persuasion reading list
Throughout this election, Scott Adams has been pretty based. Explaining how Trump is the best persuader he's ever seen. Well, he has a reading list on books to read to git gud at persuasion. Do you guys think it'd be worth reading through?
blog.dilbert.com/post/129784168866/the-persuasion-reading-list
also, could someone assemble a pdf of all these in a zip? /pdfs/ has been dead for a while

Other urls found in this thread:

bookzz.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I was hoping he'd start dropping reading recommendations

bump

weird but interesting stuff.

The first chapter is designed to make you skeptical about your ability to comprehend reality. If you are already a hardcore skeptic, you can skip this chapter.
[…]
These books are selected to open your mind for what follows. If you have experience with LSD or mushrooms, you might not need this chapter. (Yes, I am serious.)
[…]
The Moist Robot Hypothesis first appears in my book that is listed below. The idea is that humans are biological machines, subject to cause and effect. According to this view, free will is an illusion and humans can be programmed once you understand our user interface.
[…]
With this chapter I ease you into the notion that humans are mindless robots by showing you how we are influenced by design, habit, emotion, food, and words. Until you accept the Moist Robot view of the world it will be hard to use your tools of persuasion effectively because you will doubt your own effectiveness and people will detect your doubt. Confidence is an important part of the process of influence.

This chapter gets into the details of how to influence people. My opinion is that you will be less effective with these tools if you do not have a full understanding of our moist robot nature introduced above. The only book on this list that I have read is the Gerry Spence book. And I have taken the Dale Carnegie course in person. But based on reviews, the other books on this list will give you some useful tips on persuasion that I have acquired from a variety of other sources over my life.
[…]

wat
they're in the link

Why do I get the feeling from reading his blog that Scott is trying to persuade his way into the Trump administration?

The creator of Dilbert as Secretary of Labor isn't the worst choice.

Secretary of Labor is just head union shill. The entire department and its enabling legislation ought to be abolished entirely.

Who knew the Dilbert creator was so based? Was he on anyone's radar prior to the Trumpen Age?

My dad's a software engineer. He's had Dilbert books/Scott Adams books in his study since I was a kid, so I've been reading them for almost 2 decades now. The first one I read was the Dilbert Principle back around 1998.

So it's an empty reading list

Do we have pdfs/mp3s of any of these books

No but most are probably here bookzz.org/

Just got the James Randi one. Haven't looked for the others since cba.

was my comment really confusing?

I meant I had been hoping for a while he would share some book recs with his readers
that's why I bumped the thread - I'm glad he did..

What happens when most people think this way?

Wouldn't this meta knowledge stop working? Assuming everyone follows the rule of believe nothing.

Heh he's doing a bit of self-promotion there. Still, I'll give it a read.

There are more sections

TOP FUCKING KEK

Scott Adams was always based. Dilbert's been going on for an eternity and it's still pretty good.

Pic related, today's strip.

thanks for this

no problem mein kamaraden

Just realize the true purpose of the books. The best thing you can do is employ the tactics they give you as if YOU were the author of the book telling other people how to be successful. The point is that you make people believe that you are instrumental to their own success.

I would also suggest reading the biography of Hernan Cortes. It gives insight on how to cuck an entire nation and make them your hostages with persuasion.

any particular biography?

Interesting as fuck. My ex was a painter and can confirm that she was crazy good at picking our obscure color shades.

She was half redpilled on a few things, and she said it was because back when we were still in the hunter gatherer phase of our development, women would forage and berry pick while the men were out hunting. And when you're berry picking, you can't just see 'purple' when the difference between 'lavender' and 'aubergine' could be the difference between a healthy side dish and being poisoned to death.

This. There are a lot of books about Hernan Cortes. Did you have a particular on in mind?

I can't stand reading Scott Adams blog posts. Are you really an expert on hypnotism, and are any of these small explanations you give about it actually based in science? Most likely, that's a resounding no. Will that stop you from talking as if you're some expert on the subject? Nope.

Polite sage

NO.

Because Scott Adams know of pol's role, but keep mum about it, because he want to sell his own story.

The why is he lying about pol's role?

Holy moly.

Already setting unrealistic standards in "before" pics. They all look like fucking models.

I've never seen average english, french or Italian look THAT good and most Germans and Irish have dark hair.

So Spain and Italy were never white to begin with?

This is correct. On the same note, our past history is why men are better at navigation than women. The hunt would sometimes take them quite far from home; it would all be for nothing if they couldn't find their way back.

ayy

Looked at the list. Yeah… Dilbert guy absolutely know what he's talking about.

I think we should channel some of that memetic persuasion magic and start calling the #NeverTrump camp the #NeverSayers. Your subconscious immediately draws a connection to the phrase "never say never".

Because he knows that Holla Forums is unsexy to normies. If it looks like Trump is a solo genius playing the world like a fiddle (which he basically is) it makes a better (and easier to grasp) narrative.

With Dilbert Man "pointing out" Trump's genius and calling him a master persuader, he's made us all view his every action through the lens of Trump being a genius master persuader. This way, everyone's first thought when Trump does something is "how is Trump masterfully playing the media with this action."

Dilbert Man has been very helpful as far as indoctrinating the normies to Trump's genius.

My subconscious immediately drew a connection to "what the fuck is this guy trying to say oh god that's retarded"… But idk I might be wrong.

Scott Adams talks about hypnosis like a creep. Why can't he just give good analysis without all the bullshit below pua tier talk.

maybe because that sells better to normies?

who knows

I think it refers more to the names, not seeing colour tones per se. I paint stuff on the side as an extra source of income and I have a pretty damn good eye for colour and can arrange pretty much any number of similar shades in a gamma with a small margin of error, but if you asked me what's the difference between two similar shades (or something even more stupid, what's their names - each fucking paint brand makes their own shit up, who cares), I'll just shrug and keep painting. Women memorize those retarded names as if it's important, but all that matters is putting paint on the palette and knowing what colour goes well with what and what the composition needs.

There are some comments on that

mini bump

All of Adam's bullshit can be boiled down to Jewish bs telling you not to trust your instincts and feel alive.

In a world slowly crushed by the pedophilc satanic rothschild cult house, our naturally aggressive and aware state is dulled by the onslaught of lies. A skilled liar can gain fortune and fame but only so long as he kneels before his masters or avoids crossing them. Adams whether pilled or not shows the path he has chosen and it sloughs off of him like rotted skin, his weakness piles at his feet for all those with working eyes to see.

Based? He's a weak, stuttering, chemo patient looking faggot who won't put a foot out for America or whites. And I've worked in chemo wards before, it's honestly insulting to those brave kids with real souls to compare them to a shit eating worm of a man like Scott. Join the pansy sooth saying army of jew sock puppets if that's what you want up your ass, I know where I stand.

My father always told me,"don't kid yourself as to your skin, you're a freaking viking." And we make notoriously bad slaves.

He's trying to persuade people to buy his books.

That said his blog has interesting stuff, but every time I read it I can't help but think Scott is trying to play his readers like a fiddle, playing some kind of disingenuous game for his own amusement (and profit).

Would be nice if there was a zip out there with all the books together, put on on Mega or something.

Most people are too stupid to use this stuff. Many think it's immoral.

Even if you are using it and know it's being used on you it's still hard to resist.

Just like common sales tactic we all know. If you see a hot girl in an ad for a restaurant or something you're still more likely to go there because hey, hot girls, even knowing you're being manipulated like this doesnt completely eliminate it's effect.

Obviously.

In addition to that, however, he seems to me like he's going out of his way to send dog whistles to the Trump campaign.

I picked up his book that he's always shilling after reading a dozen of his trump articles. The first half is pretty good and interesting but the 2nd half seems to lose focus and then becomes a bunch of boring stories.

I've been a fan of Dilbert comics since the 90s. I never thought of him as 'red pill' or 'based' until this year, but i also never thought of him as an 'enemy', ya know?

Tbh the Irishman looked pretty shite. I'm not the best looking guy but at least I'm tall and comb my hair. Why does forzanova hate the irish?

I think that's why he's speaking up, other than just pure sake of publicity. Donald is making his wishy washy pop psychology bit seem useless because nationalism in any form always makes fence sitting Nancy boys look horrible.

Hypnosis always sounds creepy and stupid because it is. Basically you are asking to trust someone enough for them to lull you to alpha-stage pre sleep and then talk shit to you.

And the guy talking about it here is a creepy ass cancer looking loser who stutteringly talks about how hypnosis gives him a "superpower" and he is above eveyone and everything.

I love how you made a bait post, and when nobody responded, so you come back the next day to essentially say the same thing. Like, why are you so angry at the concept of us reading these books? What do you stand to lose if we read these books?

No fucking shit. The physical laws of the universe are deterministic (and yes we can sperg out for hours on quantum mechanics but a x% for y to happen or not still isn't free will). The human brain is a biochemical machine which obeys these laws, so there can only be one set of outcomes based on the initial starting conditions of the system. Also you trying to game this system also isn't free will, everyone is ultimately bound by the same human condition.

If you haven't figured out this part by yourself by now you might as well change your name to Plebius Plebissimo Grande Plebare.

The manipulation part might be useful though.

most paint names are either the name of the material of the pigment (chrome yellow, malachite, etc etc) or some made up manufacturing standard (RAL colors, ASW)

Holla Forums is Scott Adam's competition.

A lot of the material in these books will seem obvious to Holla Forumsacks.

The reason for that isn't that it is trivial or obvious information. Rather the truth is that Holla Forumsacks are already extremely skilled in persuasion.

We've argued with each other in this anonymous format for years, and somehow not only developing group consensuses but also developing a strong predictive ability Holla Forums is always right.

Scott Adams recognizes us for what we are, just like he recognizes Trump. He doesn't fear Trump, but he does fear us. He's seen what we can do to a cartoonist's reputation… Do you think Scott Adams doesn't know the name Ben Garrison? Think again. He knows how we turned that man. He understands our power, and our willingness to go after moderately public figures like himself.

He has a "healthy" respect for us, which is why he steers away from us.