us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/1954/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2153/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2116/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2226/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2207/
lua-users.org/wiki/LuaVersusPython
docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.5.html
moonscript.org/
wayback.archive.org/web/20160405035156/http://rewritingthecode.com/2016/03/27/hello-world/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/03/rage-quit-coder-unpublished-17-lines-of-javascript-and-broke-the-internet/
youtube.com/watch?v=Xg1LgSg3pmo
youtube.com/watch?v=iW8ikFrUWPQ
github.com/anne-decusatis/genderamender/issues/40
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many Celsius to Fahrenheit introductory tutorials do they need to put on?

I bet none of these women are talking about improving thread scheduling or memory management.

Why do they like Python so much? Is there any way to learn from that and protect other languages from this diversity nonsense?

Women talk, men act.

Percentages. What a cute way to lie.

I bet the raw facts will show the number beneath has barely changed and that attendance overall is plummeting.

I think it's just the community was betamax. Even with anything that could be said about python or its role, there are way fewer female python programmers than there are females giving talks or "evangelizing", so what we're looking at is a community that invited in parasites for some reason.

Python talk quality:
2011: very high
2012: high
2013: above average
2014/15: slightly above average
2016: mediocre

What is there even to talk about re python today? The language development came to a screeching halt when most people stuck with 2.7.

web deveopment attracts a ton of SF grill programmerz because there's so many bootcamps that churn them out (and use diversity as a selling point to join). Girl programmers anywhere outside of the bay area, new york , and MAYBE austin. Everywhere else is nogirls.

Reminds me that I donated to Python a few years ago and contributed with some translations. This is why I don't donate nor contribute to any open source project anymore (or anything for that matter). In my now defunct TODO donations list I can see 8ch, I'm glad I didn't donated, I would be pissed if I did and then found out about the ip scandal and josh or whoever the fuck fucking everything up. Jesus fucking christ we just can't have nice things. Fuck everyone.

I think you could justify donating to Holla Forums due to the fact that you (presumably) use it often, and can at least argue that you're helping to pay for some associated expenses. Although it would be painful to watch Josh fuck around knowing you'd help pay for the disaster.

The only times I donate to open source projects are when I actually use them myself, and typically the donation is of code. That's easy to justify as I might contribute something relatively small, and get an entire project in return.

You faggots keep bringing it up in every thread you can, but it does not change the fact that it was cripples captcha and 2ch not being able to give a straight answer from the beginning what they were going to deploy to that caused delays and ultimately prevented it from being deployed.
All I saw was Josh slave away for 6+ months, Hotwheels sat on his ass and played videogames and then Pig Fucker said "lol we can't use it it's AGPL" when it all came down to it.

The only one donators should be angry at is Jim, and he's done one hell of a job deflecting blame.

Her name is Amanda Love.
Polite sage for off topic.

The ultimate responsibility rests with those in charge, I agree with you completely. Josh is just my reference to the entire saga.

I don't see why they need to get angry at anyone. They got everything they paid for.

Tell me, what's missing from what 16chan is running? The cancerous death spiral of people like you, circlejerking meta-obsessed trash that would sound right at home on SRS's subreddits? The literally-spineless admin at the helm nowhere to be found for the past year? Data mining from the top and CP spam from the bottom?

mother of god she has literally no ass

That PHPPro still hasn't properly load tested it with simulated users so it'd still collapse under load and instead of doing that he sockpuppets here trying to shift blame to hotwheels' captcha and 2ch's far more than sufficient server.

It's not her ass I'm interested in. I've never even looked at it, honestly.

In the interest of protecting our way of life, the white race, and our free software, from the pozzening scourge of diversity, in any new language henceforth it will be mandated:

That should do it, no more pozzing, infiltration, or death of communities, languages, or fields. Problem Solved.

Aren't there better options for most things these days? Python can be nice for prototyping and for doing small problems but it's still slow as shit and people still haven't moved to 3.4 a lot of places. For server side things wouldn't it be better to start a new project in either node (i know it's hated here) or Go?

I don't really get to 40%. They should rather care for quality, but instead fill it with sjw speakers, that has nothing to do with programming.

Some examples:
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2023/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/1954/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2153/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2116/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2226/
us.pycon.org/2016/schedule/presentation/2207/

because women can't program

Do you have a concept of 'too big', because this is it. Like, her face is gorgeous, but I'd rather she was flat than had boobs that big.

I didn't know it was this bad. Cuck.js or Ruby tier at this point.

none of the IB developers will load test their shit because all of their shit is shit and they will be outed as shit if they do

It's probably a way to make money schemed up by senior programmers to stay relevant.

Tell that to Grace Hopper, Ada Lovelace and all the WWII punchcard girls.

I myself had a girl-colleague, who did code something and had good skills, as far as I know. She also had some experience with non-mainstream nerdy languages like Racket, Smalltalk, Ruby.
She got fired later for reasons unknown, with a couple of other people. Probably it was not because of skills

Also: as I am a newfag from Russia,
I think I more or less guessed what does ("cuck", "cucked", …) mean, but I am not 100% sure, so can you describe it?
Or is it just a blend between "suck" and "cock"?

Yes.

It's short for cuckold. It is being used figuratively here.

Have you ever heard of a thing called a dictionary? Jesus fucking christ just how retarded can you be? And what does it interest anyone you're a russian subhuman? Kill yourself out of here, snowflake. If you think you're the only "special russian speaker" you should kill yourself twice. Hundreds of people most here and a minority of them are actual native speakers, so kill yourself thrice.

Oh yeah. There's no "cuck" in dictionary.
Go find a fire extinguisher. You need it, fast

I thought homosexuality was illegal in your country? Why haven't you been imprisoned?

Yeah, on your macbook there isn't one. As a I said, you're retarded. You should probably think about killing yourself at least four times.

Calm down, I was like him when I started browsing Holla Forums, give him a bit and he'll get why Linux is better in every way.

You seem to be not really understanding what Spotlight really is.

Did you already go searching for a fire extinguisher?

How many times do I need to repeat myself that you are retarded?

... and before you tell me google isn't a dictionary.

You goddamn retarded piece of shit.

looks like your homo OS doesn't search you're cucked country's search engine

Okay, thank you. I think I've got the idea.
And also successfully trolled somebody or two

do you think the homo russian will notice my grammatical error?

You wanted to say GNU/Linux, right?

😂👌💯

Typing like a retard just makes you look stupid

Hi Josh

Makes sense

Okay.
He fell for the meme.
I doubt the were doing complicated shit. Programmation anyway is rarely hard, just tedious. Designing algorithm and advanced programming technics is something else.

That guy that got fired for making a dongle joke should start DongleCon and talk about ACTUAL PYTHON TECH SHIT

Fuck off, OP. Jessica is pretty cool. She isn't an SJW

Yep, yet another women hating thread.

Let me just quote the one that makes me really angry:

That's just totally not true. It's a lie. It may be true that there are more good male then women in the industry and probably because of good reasons but that doesn't mean that no women can write code properly. Please stop saying a thing like that! It's very mean. There are many women who also make a career out of it OR they are still learning. A lot of men can't write code either but you don't hear me saying "Men cannot code!" because that is a rude generalization and not true at all. Please think about what you write before you write it!

because they are too stupid to learn anything else

Shut up.

Yes, it's definitely a meme to say that the first person to actually do anything that wasn't just basic tests with the analytical engine was Ada.

you got lost on your way to tumblr?

No I don't have a Tumblr anymore.

I don't know if you're being serious or not, but I will address this concern anyway.

Obviously, it's *chan culture to say offensive things, but most of the things they say are valid critiques of society. The offensiveness of the message does not invalidate the critique.

Anyway, the overarching point being made is that instead of actually addressing the real issues, they decided they would just get a bunch of woman to speak about topics that can be vaguely (if at all) related to Python.

(1) The main topic of contention with "women who can code" movement has been that there are not enough female leaders to mentor women to help them learn how to code. These people obviously don't have enough experience to actually discuss Python scripting in detail or they are not interested in doing so.

(2) They are discussing something that is off-topic. Whether there is truth behind their discussions or not is moot. A Python convention should be a convention about Python or it detracts from its purpose. Meeting some arbitrary quota is filling a void with... fluff.

(3) You're right, there are men who cannot code. You missed the irony of that statement. No men who cannot code are speakers at Pycon. Why are the same restrictions not placed on women? If women are as strong as they claim to be, they should be upset that someone decided to sell them out with half-assed speakers instead of doing some work to find ones who could actually discuss Python.

(4) And those woman should have been the ones invited to speak about a topic related to Python.

And *surprise* look at all the American women leading these SJW presentations.

Notice how the ones actually discussing something technical are all foreign.

All this shit is for make women to work.
Double worforce by the price of one.

Yuri besmenov was right.

Wow, voice of reason, I agree with all those points and I wasn't angry about that but that one reaction made me post that. Sorry.

Python is for kiddos.
For people that cant type or
cant read c lubraries documentation.
If you want to do something uselful you will doing the double effort. First you will learn the wrap to your api in python, you will realize that python sucks, then you will read the c api documentation.

I don't get why people use python.
What can you do in python that is better than c?

go back to tumblr faggot

Why? I like anonymity now, I was being completely stalked because of Tumblr.

user, you are so sweet I don't even want to make fun of you, if you want to stick around you need to stop careing about feelings and just consider the arguments of all posts if they have any

Are you a numale?

News?

A) one of the easiest languages to write
B) fast enough for anything that's not performance intensive, and pypy3 is about as fast as java
C) lots of useful libraries

I'm not saying its the best language but if you can get something done in one line that would take 50 lines of c that's not system critical then why bother with c?

I'll try! Thank you! But feeling are super hard to suppress, especially when it's anger (or love!)

But drafts only you can make whit that shit.

key:
* pink circle = womyn
* blue circle = man
* red x = NOT PROGRAMMING

methodology:
red x was done without looking at the gender

So total number of talks that are NOT PROGRAMMING

men: 4
wem: 11

#non-prog/#talksby gender?

This line is not required. Please do the needful.

How come you are from Russia if you are a homosexual as you claim.

Count them yourself, faggot, you have the data up there.

Yeah, right. Have you seen a woman programmer? I have not. So women cannot program.

genius argument made me rethink my life

Yeah it should be 0 for both :^)

One or two of them are arguably still programming related.

Men = 4/60%
Women = 11/40%
:^)

Not true. There's no need to write every last thing in C. Get over it.

Shit. I just started a python project. Will probably finish it since this really doesn't affect me, but I hate supporting these fucks. If they're allowed to advertise that tons of people are using their "product", then it's only a matter of time before feminism and a large userbase are conflated.

We need more projects to stand up against politics like those working on the BCHS stack are.

No, it'll only mean you'll be more useful and worth more when you come in and fix the shit code.

It's a good companion to C code and can be edited in its deployed form for debugging in the field.

Easy as shit to make anything, no limits really.
Only advantage of C is it's performance.

what about CPython?

kek user, you won't last here long, how the fuck did you even found this place

lua is much better to combine with C/C++ and just as easy as python

Why don't you faggots use lua more? It's really good

CPython is the standard Python interpreter. You're probably thinking of Pypy3 which falls between C and Java in terms of speed. Then there's cython which is an abomination of mixed python and C.

Python has a lot of shit built in that would be extra work in Lua. Also listcomps.

so more libraries? it was a honest question

lua-users.org/wiki/LuaVersusPython

Well I debated quiet a few of you already when I used Tumblr & Twitter ^^
I think I'll enjoy it here even if I get attacked a lot, because really being attacked isn't so bad because you'll get new insights! But it's not fun when you are being stalked, that's a different matter. So that's why I am here.

Untrue, C is easier for large projects due to the static types and straight-forward memory management. Python quickly becomes hell to debug above 50k LoC as bugs silently propagate all over the place and long-running processes are a nightmare of circular references blocking collection. It's why you don't find many python projects even breaching the "medium" cagegory at about 100k LoC.

What a faggot.

I wish more people got this. Too many women (and men) just whine about it and try to get public speech censored to save their feelings.

A few pointers:
1. Never talk about your gender or race unless it's relevant, everyone is whatever you are here unless you are told otherwise.
2. Calling people a 'nigger' or a 'faggot' isn't racist or homophobic.
3. Holla Forums is not satire
4. Don't use the name field

I would attend DongleCon tbh. Great name tbh. Would trigger the shit out of the womynCoders tbh.

I want this

Holy shit this has got to be a troll. Realize that WE are the ones that stalk you on your tumblr and twitter you dumbshit. I bet you think women are "equal" or niggers are equally intelligent to superior races. Kill yourself out of here you faggot, you're not welcome, you should probably re-make your tumblr and go cry with your friend landwhales you fuckface. You tool.

And 90% of Holla Forums's load is generated by pedos lurking /hebe/.

The magic midget didn't load test this site either, yet you're using it.

Jews did this.

Where did I claim this? :)

Because they are snakes

Thanks, so far I think I followed all of them except 1. in another thread which was a mistake that I found out soon after.

Nuh-uh, I know who they are. People who used to follow me but I agreed with too many things from your side. And yes I think all genders and races are equal (in value).

Fuck, I forgot it's named Cython.
So, what about Cython?

What's the reason for it to exist, if nobody should use it?

Women have a history of this.

It a great language to get something done quick and dirty since its syntax is so clean and doesn't require any boilerplate bullshit to get started working on something.

It's also incredibly fast when it comes to reading and writing extremely large files - much faster than bash, in fact.

Plus, it comes with pretty much any Linux distro these days so portability is a non-issue.

I use it as my primary scripting language for automating tedious tasks.

Still don't know what she can contribute to the device drivers book.

There isn't one, the only people who use it are mods and admins.

Not sure, I haven't used it. The big problem with pypy3 and cython is that external packages are very likely to break.

Gee whizz.

fucking niggers

This is prettymuch the fact.

We could avoid all this confusion, and make the language more self-describing, by simplifying the name to "y tho"

Shut up nigger.

De-couple the language from the maintainers. Python is a great scripting language, very versatile.

i dont get it, how are women stopping you from coding your operative system?

Holla Forums forks python: sneklang

Every language will get cucked by SJWs eventually. Nothing is stopping them.

Don't care, python was already dead in 2013 when I stopped caring, socjus is just moving there because ruby which they cucked before has been dead for even longer

NOT USING RUST
NOT USING SCALA

Python niggers thought the cucked macfags with ruby were getting more (read: ANY) pussy so they decided to get cucked as well since even hamplanets have vaginas (voyager probe confirmed)

i thought the devs were full on turbocucks

They are, it's Mozilla we're talking about

wwwwww

i wouldn't be to worried about it. once companies see that some of these women are terrible programmers, they will be forced to take a different position w/less pay, or fired. in my experience, female programmers that really have a passion coding and software, have been some of the best programmers I've met. they stay focused and encourage teamwork to get projects done so that new features may be added.

unfortunately, the majority of women in courses that I have taken wash out. every semester there was a new face with an outspoken view on programming and women in tech. every semester those same faces were the one's stalling course sessions w/ridiculous questions and step by step queries. we all had questions, but we all knew that we needed the professor to continue his lesson so that we may grasp the concept that he was trying to teach us. overall, they would ask the most questions and input the most unwanted rants about how they got into coding, and were the most likely to fail. all those lessons cut short for 'Miss Distracting who Could Give An Actual Fuck', for nothing.

Python isn't a hard language. The "programmer" who cares more about preaching than programming can learn in pretty easily while still having time to lecture us on the evils of white males.

Snek should have the functionality of python 3 while bringing back as much python 2 syntax as possible. That right there would probably win us over a pretty decently-sized userbase.

I wish I could find you the image in question. Maybe someone here can help me.

There's a trend in tech right now and it's for big companies like Google and Microsoft to hire every fucking woman available to pad their muh diversity numbers. This means that if you happen to have a vagina your odds of landing a job well above your worth is very high. This has also led to it being damn near fucking impossible for the white guilt clan starting businesses in Silicon Valley and the like to get their fill of muh diversity, which of course means they're sexist. Just look at how few women they employ!
Anyway, the point is that despite these women generally being useless they still land well paid jobs to meet the unofficial diversity quotas. It's not enough to hire an army of useless HR girls - you need them to be in the tech department. And to make them stay at your company you throw money at them like there's no tomorrow. That way you can ensure they won't leave for a start up run by someone with more white guilt than you.

No it didn't, you just stopped watching.

Oh yeah, and this guy.
NNTPchan will wipe the floor with you

Good, let the women ruin easy baby languages like Python so anyone worth their salt (hint: men) can stick to a real language. Nothing of value was lost.

I don't see what the big deal about Python is.
But I do see why SJWs have co-opted since it's the only language a retard could program in.

cuck = cuckold = рогоносец

How much is bringing back as much syntax as possible worth if you don't bring all syntax back? Isn't compatibility the main problem?

HAHAHAHA

/hebe/ got nuked a while back though. Holla Forums and Holla Forums were always most of the traffic.

There is almost nothing new other than bundled libs since the 2.7 split, newfriend. The language stalled.

Liberated Women @ primejb.net

I'm leaving this thread too

cp spammers are changing?

They're becoming desperate, because they know they're losing.

Most of the posts doesn't mean most of the traffic. /hebe/ has (or had) a lot of lurkers.

make a repo or something for it.
i would gladly contribute

A once good community related to a computer language gets invaded by a group of marxists that does barely any work at all to push forward the technology, instead they bitch about politics of problems that only exist in their minds, slowly killing the community by even getting real programmers fired. And when people notice, comes the faggot saying:

Programming is not an area often chosen by females, because, guess what, men and women are different. Forcing many females to pick a profession they don't like, but because in this way they are fighting the terrible oppression is something unproductive and harmful, to say the least, because they didn't choose on their own, so they won't give a fuck about it.

I actually fell sorry for the fell female programmers, because now they are associated with a group of lunatics, racists, misandrist that don't get work done. Females programmers, like their male counter part, don't go around boasting about having a profession and a certain genital organ at the same time.

The fuck does this mean?

But why
It's shit.

docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.5.html
This is just the latest release. They are definitely still developing the language.

>In particular there are anti-patterns which are due to refusing to see or acknowledge the problem, including uncritically invoking meritocracy

this thread
There is a meritocracy, but most of you ain't part of it

grace hopper tho

Gender options in Javascript is not programming, femanon.

Strawmanning 101 isn't either.

I'm glad you admit that you can't actually respond to the substance of his post.

Oh come on OP leave em alone. They need something to feed STEM inclusivity narrative.

Just one more.

How is that off topic m'lady?

But women can't program on their own. They all require men's assistance and even then the result is always mediocre unless they turn it over entirely to a talented man.

Actually I addressed the full content of the post in its entirety. I don't need to repeat myself for that one do I, or are you really that blind to your own faggotry?

I don't know the exact context here, but people do sometimes use "meritocracy" to justify retarded things, like the GRsecurity sperging. Meritocracy being good doesn't mean that all arguments that invoke it are good.

Check it out, the reply which provides valid critique is completely ignored by the "omg u guys r mean im a girl we can program" poster.

What's the explanation?

Thep oster is a shill.

PEP 492 is a mistake but I'll allow it as a language change.

PEP 465 is a mistake and is just an overloaded operator because the design of the language would make real ones too slow.

PEP 448 is a tweak, at best.

The rest I'd not call contenders for language changes. So the core language issues once again go untouched. Even the core _implementation_ issues like threads and the GIL remain untouched. Shit is going absolutely nowhere. It's stalled.

and what, you learned to program in a vacuum a priori?

Fuckin' hell, is there a source to the webm? I need higher quality.

Lua is a piece of shit with really annoying libraries, methods, conventions, the whole nine yards. It's an unpleasant experience to write anything moderately complex in.

lua's a MUCH nicer experience for embedding into C/C++ programs, though. Python is a pain in the ass, especially if you need to support both Windows and Linux.

kek

Programming then and now are totally comparable guys I swear!
Girls can code!

You are beyond retarded.

Is this bizarro world?

moonscript.org/ then.

They are, it's programming you sperg. Time is not a factor.

Girls can code, there's just a lot of stupid feminists telling them they can't get anywhere because the patriarchy and systematic oppression and whatever other crap they can pull out of their ass. If feminists stopped being so patronising and demotivating there would probably be more female coders.

[ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE INTENSIFIES]

Yeah okay bud. I'm sure your role model ada could write ebin c programs.
I hope retards like you never procreate.

I've seen a woman that was taller than me, a man.

Therefore nobody on Holla Forums may argue that men are taller than women.

No, because women do not aspire to spend their entire day staring at code in a small office. Women gravitate towards jobs with social interactions because that's how they are wired.
Men and women are not the same as shocking as it may seem to your retarded leftist brain.

Some do, and many of those that do are probably not getting into it because they think that all men are going to attack them because of feminist propaganda.

I never said they weren't, I never said that as many women would be into programming as men or even suggested it, just that there are more women who would be willing to program if they weren't being lied to so much.

I'm not even a leftist

You can't have it both ways. Are women smart or are they dumb?

It might seem obvious to you, but it's not to someone for whom it's been fact all their life. You've quite clearly never experienced being raised in a feminist atmosphere. Besides being a good programmer will not mean that you're not naive.

To be a good programmer you need to have a firm command of logic and critical thinking. The same skills that help you ward off obvious propaganda.
Also if women are so interested in becoming programmers then why isn't europe full of female programmers? They don't have feminist indoctrination from the day they are born.

Not all critical thinking is the same, being able to figure out why something won't work or how to get to what you want won't help you filter facts from lies.

We do, I had it all throughout my childhood and I believed all that crap, that women were oppressed and in constant need of babying because 'oh poor them life is so hard for them' and that 'women are paid less than men' until about 2 years ago, because Gamer Gate exposed me to actual opinions against what I had been told. I still know people to this day who believe it and I'm still trying to red pill them.

The real reason women don't take those jobs is because the gross nerd image remains. Ironically the one factor making those jobs more attractive is the amount of money involved. So now you have women trip over themselves proclaiming they work in technology when in reality they babysit the company's fb page.

What are you talking about? Nowadays it's hip and trendy to call yourself a nerd, at least here it is anyways.

That isn't just a women problem, it's a people problem (I mean, just look at the amount of threads where a tech illiterate comes to us asking us how he can not fail at the job they lied their way into), and we would do well to take those money whores down a notch.

To PRETEND to be a nerd. Women are still disgusted by real nerds. They aren't wired the same and can never understand engineers as they can never understand engineering; a guy can watch slow-motion video of gun actions cycling for hours like it was porn but women show no interest. Reverse engineering software is something a total of zero women do despite the inner workings fascinating men.
It's overwhelmingly a woman problem. How many of these "tech evangelist" types do you see that are men?

These are basically the same.

No, as long as they're not complete slobs who don't take care of themselves there are plenty of women who are attracted to intelligence.

I never said they were

This is wrong there are plenty of women who do, I've met them, of course, not as much as men, but still plenty.

There are far more non-tech tech jobs than being a 'tech evangelist', women are just more likely to get a job as a 'tech evangelist' because they're usually better at socialising.

This myth needs to fucking die.
Women are good at pretending to be interested in any number of things. Which by some people is perceived as being good at social interactions.
Women excel at backstabbing mostly other women and fighting over inane things.

What color is your hair, user?

if girls can code, then by definition there are no girls in this thread :^)

Well memed good sir!

190 replies can't be wrong :^)

Black

So... Socialising.

This is true

Men do this too. Just start a Gentoo vs Arch vs Ubuntu thread and watch.

False dichotomy, men can code too.

I am pretty sure that user you responded to was joking.

Originally the word cuck just meant a white guy who would stand by and let a nigger fuck his wife.

Now, we are memeing it into existence is "A man who can't/won't stand up for belongs to him--someone who will let an enemy run roughshod over him".

For example; the European countries have become cucked by the EU.

Are... are you implying Charles Babbage got his computer that he alone designed and built to actually, um.. work user? and at the hands of a woman no less lel

No. You can still design software for a non-working or non-existent machine.

it's not even bait and someone decided to bite anyway

Because that's all the universities teach nowadays. Even MIT teaches SICP with Python now.

The language itself barely matters with these run-of-the-mill dynamic scripting languages. What matters is the libraries. That's what lets you cobble shit together 10 times faster than C. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Python has a huge standard library and a large ecosystem of third party libraries. Ditto for Ruby and Nope.js. Lua has fucking nothing.

If I'm going to write everything myself, I'd rather do it in C.

Its one saving grace is that it's really easy (especially with LuaJIT) to embed into a C or C++ program. If you need a scripting language for a user-extensible editor or something, it's pretty good for that. Otherwise I question the wisdom of splitting your program across two languages. In my experience the additional code required to wrangle between the two outweighs any benefits of the scripts.

Pretty much this. I knew plenty of good female engineers before the "muh diversity" initiative. They were a minority, but a respected one. Affirmative action and retarded social justice movements are to blame for flooding the industry with idiots who need to have their hand held every step of the way while they simultaneously curse the evil mens handing a career to them on a silver platter.

wayback.archive.org/web/20160405035156/http://rewritingthecode.com/2016/03/27/hello-world/

So, I suppose now the implication must be that her secretarial logs of Babbage's musings on the topic did in fact work?

It was a paper, not 'secretarial logs', and yes, they probably worked since I haven't heard of a single person who found a flaw in her algorithm.

Babbage insinuated to ada that it was her work in order to cheer her up as she was suffering from depression. He probably also wanted to get into her pants.
Babbage was basically the first white knight nerd.

What languages are available that 1. Are free from SJWs, 2. You can actually be paid to program in and 3. Don't totally suck arse?

I'm thinking C, Assembly, maybe Clojure and C++, anything else?

Maybe some of the math/stat ones too, like R.

haskell
racket
ocaml

He wanted to get paid, user.

Perl. As long as Python exists to soak up all the bullshit they won't bother with Perl.

Every time I read his name I imagine bes-menov means without-change. Harrharr.

You study something in the natural sciences like Botany and want to map some collection of seedlings you found with 9000 hours of slave labor. You
a) use expensive software which require an IT pro or
b) you fire up python, numpy or similar to glue stuff you did in ArcGIS and bash together

Choose wisely: you lack money, you paid the underling academic peasants their almost fair share.

And this post demonstrates the difference between Perl and Python culture.

The Python response would be that autist who goes around saging threads

I know someone who is an ok dude and very easygoing. But he says he likes the "web dev community" in his greater area because they aren't schmucks about everything and aren't imperator autismus maximus about engineering details. Nobody says rtfm or goes BOFH on especially needy noobs.

Then [0] happened and I remembered his quote. This is exactly the culture wherein such stupidness festers. Sane engineering isn't useless - but then again, we talk about webdev here, so....

[0] arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/03/rage-quit-coder-unpublished-17-lines-of-javascript-and-broke-the-internet/

Must be heckuva job this CS, there is only one post on her blag.

No one uses Perl anymore (thank God) other than for legacy reasons in biotech and Linus because he refuses to learn anything new. It was completely replaced by Python.

I knew a total of 1 good female coder(s) in the early '90s. "plenty" is such a lie. They were at 1% representation in OSS and in other programming communities that had no barrier to entry according to studies and that was a stable ratio for a decade.

Today women are heavily infected with feminism and social justice but there's still only 1% of them that are any good. It makes a lot of sense to just ban all women from a project. You lose almost nothing and avoid the high risk of being parasitized and/or accused of rape.

It's unfortunate for that 1% of women that are good just like the immigration ban will be unfortunate for Muslims that don't wish death for America but that's the way it has to be until they fix their communities.

Python is a fucking nightmare of dependency hell. R is much better for this shit despite all its inherent retardation (some of which I've actually grown to love).

To be able to filter faggots

Java, Kotlin, Scala, Common LISP

Also,
If you think C++ doesn't suck arse, then you could pick just about any language.

He means, get a fire extinguisher, because your ass is burning (a kind of butthurt).
Are you American?

I am thankful for it "replacing" perl. Imagine all these shitters and SJWs shitting up my perl instead of their shit ass python.
Meanwhile I can still do anything in perl faster than python.

Very educational. youtube.com/watch?v=iW8ikFrUWPQ

Ironic considering the neo-nazi shit is the real gatekeeping operation

It doesn't relate to the topic of the thread which is Python obviously.

You've over-memed it to the point that it basically means "anyone I disagree with"

That and (((jewquotes))) make it super easy to ignore Holla Forums-tier shitposters

It's hipster mac users doing everything via npm modules vs autistic linux users coding hw drivers in assembly. Who do you think does better with grills?

buys the shiniest, biggest, expensive gas grill he can find, lets it sit and rust in the rain, uses it 2 or 3 times before abandoning it for a bigger, shinier grill that will get used the same amount

uses a small charcoal grill that gives superior flavor without the bloat and enjoys delicious bbq all the time

Why is so little of this of relevance to Python, or computer science for that matter? Why does free software need a diversity officer when anyone can contribute? This makes no sense.

yeah but when he lights the gas it justwerks then everyone at the bbq eats burgers and fucks
linux guy spends all his time configuring his charcoal to get it up to proper heat and sperging to the guests about proprietary spices

found the /g/ user

you don't have a barbeque but you still feel entitled to judge how others use theirs

>youtube.com/watch?v=iW8ikFrUWPQ
vid related is the relevant part

Here are the relevant slides, I just saved everyone 28 minutes.

How is this garbage worthy of presenting at a programming conference? It's tutorial-level code, is novel neither in concept nor execution, and would only take a few minutes to write yourself.

Teaching straight white males how to be good allies is a good thing, shitlord.

So I just checked out the "code". The code of conduct is literally larger than the actual code combined.

8ch is being shit and refusing to let me post it quoted.

So she spent all that time making some fancy program to find out whether someone is male or female when all she had to do was:my $input = shift;sub wtf { return "Female" if ($input =~ /[w|W]oman/); return "Male" if ($input =~ /[m|M]an/); return "Faggot";}say wtf();

I decided I'd contribute.

gas yourself

Yes, clearly that is what you should be offended by in that screenshot, good work, user.

stfu nazifag

What is the point of all of this shit?

Why not just allow people to select their pronouns, with preset choices of male(he/his) and female(she/hers).
unless the software has gender-specific functionality then literally the only point of noting someone's gender is to figure out which pronouns to use when referring to them. Allowing people to directly select their own pronouns is the best solution because:
It's the simplest way, so programmers are happy
It's the most flexible way, so SJWs are happy

to clarify: allow people to enter their own pronouns if they're foreign or wanna be a special snowflake, but have presets of male/female

What kind of software needs to bother with this kind of shit anyways? I can only think of webdev cancer.

Showing little interest here, Holla Forums. I'm disappointed.

Nope. I'm a charcoal fag who repels women. Better that than a npm fag though.

The funny thing is if the software is referring to the user it should use you/your/yours, because it's talking to the user directly. It would only need male/female pronouns if the user and program are referring to someone else, in which case they'll never know if the computer is using the wrong pronouns.
The only example I can think of where you'd need gendered pronouns is vidya.

And now we wait. Or hover.

Let's hope they aren't denying attack helicopters their identities, but you'll probably be called a transphobic troll.

She'll likely be shocked since her pull requests are usually from herself with comments by herself on her own changes.

Does the code allow you to select multiple "genders" or does she not understand logic?

I've dislocated my rotor blades. Good work user!

Both. The UI is completely broken and if you blank out the input you can get it to append. It's like 10 lines of javascript and a commit history of a _year_ and it's still unable to do this basic task correctly.

And she's a core engineer at meetup. Imagine having to carry this parasite while saying nothing lest ye be banned from the industry for being some -ist or -ic. I couldn't take it. Thankfully I work in San Diego which isn't as self-destructively poz.

if (gender == "cis"){ cout

Corcoranophobia is alive and well it seems. Disgusting.

(((>>608377)))

github.com/anne-decusatis/genderamender/issues/40

my le sides

Is transnigger a race or a gender?

pic related
can I not embed shit on this board?
didn't Jewsh go to one of these Portland TrannyCons?

No, because embedding a Youtube video also means you're embedding a Google tracker.

Sepples is FUCKING INVINCIBLE

It might be just because C++ is designed like a trap. The most obvious and simple path to doing anything is the one with disastrous performance implications and they will never have enough skill to get beyond that barrier.

That's what's Ruby is for.

like it wasn't cucked like shit before...

Did you know that multiple languages can be suitable for a single thing?

Yet another 300 post circlejerk of totallynotsjws doing nothing but getting offended that people they don't like are writing more code than them

You sound frustrated, friend.

They combine poorly. Shitlang authors are fine with random pauses and unpredictable performance and that spreads to any code that embeds them.

You sound like a white knight

Anything for you, m'lady. ;^)

Did you see the shit they wrote?

Social networking and vidya are the 2 big ones, I think