"white genocide" they say…

"white genocide" they say…

I'm not sure where you're going with this

People think this movie is racist because they're fucking libtards and are mentally challenged.

feels good

What's the movie about?

Nevermind, I just searched it, why the fuck is Matt Damon in it?

I hate diversity bullshit in movies but whitewashing is a thing, though the its never to whitewash black stuff just Asians, Ghost in the Shell, Mandarin in Iron man, Ancient one in Dr Strange etc. I have no idea why they do it, i suppose because Asians won't riot and shoot police in response.

Isnt the actor from iron man arab/british not white? otherwise they just cast people they thought would fill seats

though technically for ghost in the shell shes got a robot body and I may be wrong but she was a halfsian girl to start with idk could be wrong

Ancient one from dr. strange is just straight up bullshit though I can see why they chose said actress

With Ghost in the Shell I'm pissed off at their choice of actress, but way more because they chose Scarlett Johansen than because they chose a non-Asian.

Pretty much any other actress would have been a superior choice, and there are a significant number of Japanese-American actresses who are a better fit both for the look and for the role of Motoko Kusanagi. But to be honest just about any actress, Asian or not, would have been a superior choice.

COMPLETELY AGREE

like I enjoy scarlett johansens acting don't get me wrong but she IS NOT Kusanagi

and yes there would have been far superior actresses who could have done the job

I think they just went with the bdy type aspect even though NO ONE CARES WETHER OR NOT KUSANAGI HAS TITS EXCEPT THE PATHETIC WEEAB FUCKS WHO WANT TO JACK OFF TO HER

Companies have been licensing and localizing shit since forever, but no one hears about it until it happens in the West and they can bitch about it.

Have you never heard of the Farsi 50 First Dates? How about the Russian It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

People that watch movies want to watch their own people doing shit, not foreigners.

this is also true

Checked

The issue I and, I assume, others have with it is that people only complain when there's a white person taking the role of a character of another race yet you have black Johnny Storm, black Nick Fury, and black Asgardians just for example (I really only watch capeshit), but no one cares about that. That's racist against whites by the same logic. I personally really don't care about changing a characters race. Shit, it's just fiction. But there's a clear double standard going on.

Its directed by a Chinese, so you can't really blame this on Hollywood.

Besides, i tend to like historical accuracy so if they want Matt Damon to be in the movie he better be a foreign mercenary, and not a Chinese native.

I think the same thing goes for European movies. If directors want to branch out to an international audience, they'll always hire famous American and British actors.

Pretty much every TV show or movie about Vikings, Romans, or other historical occurrences have been with American/British actors, but its simply less noticeable because Europeans are white anyway.
There is also a problem with Americans always remaking European movies because the audience refuse to watch a movie with subtitles.

It has less to do with race, and more to do with language / fame of the actor, and directors not feeling confident to use local actors instead.

- Whites dare not say "Nigger"
- Black say it all the time and print it on things
- Double standard

- If you don't know who wrote it, you don't know if it's racist or not
- Very confusing

Funny thing is if it weren't for us "evil whiteys" nigger wouldn't even exist

Oh fuck off to Holla Forums already…

Ikr, what next? A fat James Bond because the rest of them are too "abliest"?

Why the fuck is Holla Forums filled to the brim with faggot limp wristed progressives that drink the kool aid?

I figured most anons would be pissed about the choice for the lead in Ghost in the Shell not being Asian – but not because of social injustice.

because she just isny Kusanagi right?

Well yeah, I perceive it as an intrinsically Asian film, and it's a little weird that a white girl would be the lead. And I thought the excuse of "buh.. but there are lots of nationalities in the original" was pretty fucking lame – they should have just claimed THE FACT that the film industry is a business, and they're not going to do much to boost sales by casting some unknown Japanese actress.

I just think scarlett johansen is a terrible choice for kusanagi

and honestly live action adaptations of anime tend to be complete shit as a rule so ive never expected much out of the movie

Ghost in the Shell have always been an international series, and not strictly tied to Japan. The Major is just a cyborg, she could be any race. She never struck me as being Asian.

This is the problem with Anime. They never actually draw their characters realistically, and they tend to leave out too many crucial facial details to actually be able to tell the race of the character we're watching.

You only think that because you're a gaijin. Japanese people think anime characters look Japanese, that's why they're drawn like that.

I haven't seen the movie in a long time, so I can't really speak on that. But yeah, the SJW's who are protesting this have it all wrong… as fucking usual

clowns?

The girl on the left at 1:13 is ugly as fuck, but I would marry her in a heartbeat.

matt damon is a cuck