Muh comic books are idealization fantasies guize! They affect the way we behave in real life guize!

archive.is/CftkZ
archive.is/I474L

Christ, I didn't know what true liberal faggotry was until I stumbled upon this blog. Now everything else looks rational in comparison.

you found a redditor's blog, good work but who cares?

Some blogger who tries to explore believability and internal consistency, but is so up his ass with his social justice faggotry that he ends up looking like the latter day equivalent to the Puritan anti-theater writers from the 17th Century.

I actually used to read this blog because I used to do creative writing as a hobby and there were interesting and constructive ideas on how to create believable settings and narratives. I'm still pissed at how much worse he's gotten recently.

him lecturing about ethics being relative while simultaneously maintaining his own as objectively true goes well past conceit into hypocrisy

It's also yet more proof that sjws DON'T READ COMICS that he thinks he's blazing new ground by saying "what if batman's wrong to do what he does".

Two of the three most respected cape comics of all time (the other being All-Star Superman) touch on this issue, and DKR even explores both sides of it.

Works of art, comics especially, do affect us, just not like this guy says.

muh hypercrisis

Changing the way we think about certain things and changing our behavior and morals are two different things.

He talks about Watchmen in the second link, saying how Rorschach is a childish character and Watchmen is a childish comic.

I'm really not surprised.

idk I agree at some degree, I would also qualify Rorschard as mentally unstable, although I really liked his character development, he went from killing rapists for "justice and peace" sake but as the story ended he was against Ozymandias even though he was doing the same thing just in a bigger scale.
Or he could have been an hypocryte

Having an hypocrite as a character without a real moral to learn isn't childish.

This was his reasoning specifically.

Skimmed the second part just because Watchmen, came across this gem, then closed the tab.

As far as his world is concerned, Rorschach is a dangerous psychopath and a criminal who should be - and in fact, at a certain point, is - locked up.

Did you even fucking read the comic, Mr. Shea?

No user, that's wrong. Rorschach's whole point was he only killed for the sake of his own sense of justice, not for peace. The whole "I'll whisper 'no' " thing was him categorically rejecting the idea of pragmatically pursuing the greater good at the cost of his ideals, whereas Ozymandias completely and willingly sacrificed any sense of justice or greater morality for the sake of 'peace'.

They're complete opposites.

But, but, killing is wrong.
Especially when killing to fuffil your own moral satisfaction. Is selfish.

FUCKING THIS.
I REALLY LOVE WHEN AN user NONTHELESS IS MENTALLY AND MORALLY STABLE.

According to your moral system, yes. Not according to Rorschach's, which was the point.

Apparently his reasoning, which is explained later in the comments, is that it's objectivist propaganda. Good lord.

Well no shit. Despite that… do I really have to count the number of times the goverment actually beat them.

HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Oh my god, yes it is.
Ok, do that, power regulation, let's se how long it takes for mutant terrorist to attack us.

And? we can't have fantasies now?

Anita already established it's wrong for males to have power fantasies, this isn't really much of a leap.

What?

Anita Sarkeesian, the fatty commie that poo pooed over vidya.

No, I know I'm a first exodus but that is too much.. I mean way out there even for here.
Especially because she was the smart one compared to Quinn.

Beats me, I think the user's joke fits since comic writers are about in the same ballpark as the vidya journalists. Although it would be ridiculous to argue that she was the first and foremost pushers of stupid shit in this regard.

Wow! This is the most retarded thing I ever read in my life!

First things first, the opening scene is meant to establish the heroes in their heyday so of course they're gonna show them doing cool shit and once the opening scene is done the audience understands why the heroes are in hiding and who the main bad guy is meant to be.

Sydrome is a great character because he was a kid who felt let down by his hero, so he "creates" his own superpowers and goes on a crusade to make himself the only "real" hero in the public's eye and sell them a shallow message of hope.

And he's not trying to spite the heroes, he's using them as test subjects for his weapons!

Did this idiot even watch the movie?

He must've missed the bit where Syndrome was literally committing false flag terrorism by sending a killer robot into the city to wreak havoc all for the purpose of him saving the day at the right moment. Not to mention how he killed off a wide majority of the superheroes in the city to make his plan happen.

To be fair, The Incredibles does have a lot of arguably Objectivist themes and elements that people have noticed/documented. A reoccurring statement made by a couple characters in the film is "if everyone's special, than nobody is" and the character Edna Mode was partially modeled after Ayn Rand. So he didn't pull this completely out of his ass, even if he missed the point entirely.

Though this guy seems to have missed that the interesting (and ironic) thing about Syndrome's character was that he could've been a superhero in his own right if he had been willing to work for it honestly, but then opted to make a fabricated danger because he wanted the glory of being a hero without actually risking anything.

Don't forget he wasn't planning to give EVERYONE superpowers. He stated that when he was too old or wanted to give it up then he would auction off his gadgets. Basically he'd only give his shit to whoever provided the right price regardless of their morality.

Fair enough. I guess it has themes that one could construe as Objectivist, but it's by no means propaganda, since that would imply those themes were there by intent, which they weren't, since Brad Bird himself is a self-professed centrist who doesn't agree that the movie was Objectivist.

I swear. People misinterpret Syndrome so hard. Mr Incredible didn't reject him because he saw him as some untermensch. He rejected him because he was a hindrance and he worked alone. Mr Incredibles' only mistake was not encouraging him to follow his own path.

You telling me the mooks in this scene just passed out?

And that's what makes the movie so great IMO, Mr Incredible's flaw was not realizing that he in fact was an inspiration to people and that he treated his heroic duties as just another job.

You don't see this kind of storytelling anymore, where something so simple sets up the main villain's backstory and their role in the story all at once.

It remains my favorite Pixar movie for this very reason. It's a testament to Brad Bird's skill of making movies that are entertaining enough for children, whilst exploring themes, ideas and subtext that adults can resonate with.

My favorite superhero film as well.

Um it's already been established in various media that Batman is a very unstable character who is using crime fighting as an excuse to deal with his pent up rage.

And if I remember correctly Terry even calls him out on his bullshit in The Return Of The Joker.

Plus bank robbers are beneath Batman, most of the Batman comics I've read has him fighting The Joker or various other crazed villains who do more than just rob banks.

Again does this limp dick retard even read comics?

It's a good movie, but come on, it's your favorite superhero movie?

I'll just assume you haven't seen vid related yet and take pity on you.

Obviously not since he doesn't know that Batman is more qualified to stop crimes than the police, or hell, most superheroes.

Yes I have seen the movie related as well as all the DC animated films. Still my favorite. In my mind it embodies all things superhero outside of the Phantom Style vigilante.

And while it didn't happen on screen, don't forget the dozen or so superheroes Syndrome killed leading up to the events of the movie or Syndrome himself dying when he got sucked into the turbine.

Do you have a source on this? Because all I saw was an Anna Wintour parody.

I have to wonder, do some of these people suffer a psychotic break to become what they are?

She's modeled after longtime Alfred Hitchcock collaborator and costume designer Edith Head. Brad Bird even said that in the film's commentary.

Basically.

And Rorschach is the perfect Kantian.

that's unfortunate

i guess no one will ever know what brad bird said.