I hate Wordpress

I hate wordpress, but it's the easiest and best supported web framework out there.... or do you fags have other suggestions for me?

pic related. its real technology, unlike wordpress

Other urls found in this thread:

ideas.4brad.com/
templetons.com
github.com/TryGhost/Ghost
werc.cat-v.org/
quora.com/What-is-an-Static-site-generator?share=1
learnbchs.org/
github.com/getpelican/pelican
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you really need a fancy-ass framework to do your blogging? All you need is decent looking frames and textboxes to show text with a timestamp or some shit

Jekyll?

that's django

fuck you

Rails is shit m8

I'm just here generating static sites with xml and xslt.

ideas.4brad.com/

templetons.com

I was expecting to provide a decent premade framework OP but the answer is if it's worth doing right do it yourself.

Ghost
github.com/TryGhost/Ghost

Please reconsider your life choices user.

I just create an html template by hand and use PHP to echo it out with modifications.

How about actually learning how JS, AJAX and PHP?

Pick one.

Werc: werc.cat-v.org/

Do you by any chance live in Somalia?

This.

Jekyll or something else without a database requirement.

do you really need a dynamic website?

have you asked yourself whether you really need PHP at all?
quora.com/What-is-an-Static-site-generator?share=1

Why can't you drop dead

Get a job.

Wordpress

Seems to me it should be easy to whip up a shell script that lets you write a blog post, add tags or whatever inane shit you want to add, then takes that and generates an html page and updates any other pages it needs to.

Yes. I accept a series of file uploads and shuffle them around on the backend, execute some binaries (this is done using a script that polls the /tmp/ directory- I'd never use shell_exec in PHP) and then post a link to the processed file, so actually having something run on the backend is a necessity, though I admit that PHP is probably a poor choice. (not enough time to really learn a new backend language/API). The "echo html template" part is just within a "require" on all of the pages. It echoes all of my CSS and HTML and is constant across the entire website, almost like CSS is.

I built a CLI version of that in sepples back in 8th grade. Wish I'd kept that; it was my first real project.

learnbchs.org/ is better

I use LCHS and didn't even know it. I've really been liking it so far.

oops. I mean LHLS. I use lighttpd, not httpd.

aw damn I fucked it up again.

LCLS

Linux, C, Lighttpd, and SQLite.

just fuck off

Wordpress is shit but it combined with P2 theme is still exactly what I need for my own use case. Even though P2 is strange and basically hacked on

I'm here to stay

Pelican is better in my opinion.
github.com/getpelican/pelican

But either way, static content is the way to go, it is how the web was meant to work.

I'll just post here instead of starting a new thread. I'm building a website for my band and am using Wordpress. I could use Jekyll. However I might need a database if we ever add a login system to our website or need a shop. I'm building my own theme with html, css and a little php. Is this a good idea or will my site come out overly bloated? Would it be wise to avoid plugins? I'm pretty new to web Design

One advantage of wordpress-like system (with db) over something like jekyll is that your content creators don't have to learn or rely on someone to do version control / deployment of the new content.