ToteMan, the Epilepsy Awareness Hero

This Dad Created a Superhero to Explain His Epilepsy to Kids.

John McLaren remembers falling to the floor and hearing his son shout, “Daddy fell down, Daddy fell down.” The 43-year-old from Durham, North Carolina has epilepsy — he was diagnosed at 14 and has experienced seizures into adulthood.

After this seizure, McLaren realized his son David, then 2 years old, knew nothing about his condition.

“I was afraid I would pass away early and leave my son without a dad,” McLaren told The Mighty. “I wanted him to have something to remember me by.”

So he created a comic book to explain epilepsy through a superhero named ToteMan.

Other urls found in this thread:

totemansworld.com/tiggra.html
totemansworld.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What do people try to acomplish making cringeworthy superheroes that discuss one particular disability or subject? as a kid I hated those.

I hate every single thing made for "awareness". Awareness my ass.
The comic has furries though. Don't know if that makes it worse.
totemansworld.com/tiggra.html

Children hate awareness shit or at least I hated it when I was a kid and then using some bullshit villains to blame for the problems they have to get people aware of.

No you dipshit. Global warming isn't cause by General Poluto, it is your fault because you are a parasite, also the earth doesn't care a little about you and would just shake you up like a dog with too many flyes.

For what purpose

We're already aware, people have known about the shakes since medieval times.

Fucks sake why is everyone obsessed with "awareness" bullshit, like there are people under rocks that don't know this stuff.

No joke I just saw a womens awareness poster. I think I've been aware of women since I was eleven.

Satire comic right?

So you gave him a horrible nightmare of watching his father wringing in pain on the floor like an animal? Father of the year right there.

I bet there's a whole lot of shit the kid doesn't know at age 2.

…That's a little much for a child's comic about seizures. Is this some sort of parody?

I don't know what you mean, man. My hand's got it's own little seizure going just looking at Tiggra.

I think it's fanart. It's featured in the gallery of the official website because it's nice of the author to post the art people sends him, and that encourages other artists so send more art.
What I'm saying is we should send him some art and wait, because he will post it not realizing we're totally trolling.

About Tiggra:
Base of Operations: Garden City Psychiatric Hospital
Marital Status: Married
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 125
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Auburn

Rule 34 when?

I came here to laugh at you

Some of the other characters designs

Gotta like the nips on Wind Chyme there, while the rest of the comic industry shits itself over women being drawn too sexy we'll always have children's epilepsy awareness comics not afraid to show some skin.

That one suction cup is totally her clit, isn't it?

totemansworld.com/

This'll trigger someone, for sure.

Probably. Let's un-obscure this bitch and see what happens.

Fuck off General Poluto.

I believe you're correct, sir.
Anyway, why the fuck would a comic about fucking epilepsy fucking awareness need so many fucking characters?
What the fuck is this fucking comic even about!

It's like you're a commie out of your own volition.
I mean, everybody in their right minds is aware that General Poluto has an alliance with Peer Pressurer and Depresstro, and are blaming global warming on us to take over the world.

probably because the guy who created it had larger aspirations in life, and in the end, got stuck writing a comic about epilepsy awareness and is watching his life circle the drain. This is his only public outlet, hoping someone will at least maybe see his work and maybe want to hire him.

But alas, he's stuck drawing epilepsy shit.

Also he draws suction cups where the nipples should be. not even just near them, but exactly where they should be.

I have a feeling this guy has tons and tons of oddly specific fetish drawings stacked up somewhere.

He's one of us.

Junkyard Jess makes my pelvis feel funny

Well, whatever, do whatever you want if that kill all of us faster.