Gamergate

Is this thing still going on? Seems dead, even on the Holla Forums thread.

it died two years ago

they won, kinda. So yeah, it is over

That was when it started though.

You mean Gawker getting sued into nothingness? Can't say that isn't a nice win.

didn't last very long

I can. gawker is cancer.

Well, Trump is a thing right now, we are living in strange times kids.

Five or six targeted sites created or modified their ethics policies. That was a huge win.

That's very true but it was very early on. Gawker got fucked up, Sarkesian more or less quit to do that history series, the indie cancer crew seem to be more or less irrelevant.

I was just wondering if there are still things going on. The latest I heard was when the Candace girl made the Social Autopsy Kickstarter, then had that weird fight with Quinn and Harper. But she seemed crazy herself.

Thank you for that, sincerely. So much nVIDIA bullshit, and I'm sure AMD has it's own as well.

Checked

No one posts about the FCC ruining shady website's revenue streams by making laws about how sponsored content has to be labeled as such. That really fucked over a lot of bay area hipsters and was one of GG's big wins.

Thanks. I had forgotten about that.

It ended the day Jim finger banged a gook on a live stream while king of pol sperged about the holocaust.

Bring it up as much as possible, back in the day it made shills pissed when it got brought up.

Gamergate isn't like feminism, which continues for the sake of existing and making up shit just to seem relevant, fucking up shit in the process.

Like a good movement should, gamergate died down after it made the changes it could. Quinn isn't behind bars where she belongs, but whatever, you can't have it all, and not getting attention is probably a bigger punishment for that dyed rat.

Also, there's bigger shit going on right now: explosions and knife kills aren't just in game anymore.

No, I don't think so.