Osu! source code leaked

Proprietary software invading a user's freedom? Who'd have guessed

osu! source code leaked, peppy secretly takes screenshots of your computer without your consent.

All of this confirmed in the sc, along with screenshots already taken by Bancho.

cuntflaps.me/transparency/emails/takedowns/2016-05-23-takedown.txt

mizukiirc.moe/ppy/
mizukiirc.moe/ppy.tar.gz [archive]

All the images are apparently screenshots taken by this piece of malware

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XVG2J
reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4kyegq/regarding_osus_sourcecode_leak/
archive.is/ph7Yt
itdelatrisu.github.io/opsu/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4kzlx0/osu_source_code_leaked_and_has_spyware_on_it/#d3j0z6v
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4kzlx0/osu_source_code_leaked_and_has_spyware_on_it/d3jibil
[email protected]/r/osugame/comments/4l0ubh/can_we_all_take_a_minute_to_thank_peppy_for_all/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4kzlx0/osu_source_code_leaked_and_has_spyware_on_it/d3jk0u6
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
opensource.org/osd-annotated
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Fraunhofer_FDK_AAC)
reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4l1z8a/unwanted_content/d3jwg39?context=3
github.com/rektm8/osu
github.com/rektm8/osu-banchu
opensource.org/licenses/category
wakaba.dhcp.io/files/2e7.torrent
choosealicense.com/licenses/
libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines
trisquel.info/es/forum/¿chromium-es-100-software-libre
youtu.be/cFPiekl8Ocw
opensource.org/osd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

from the other thread I ignored

DMCA
ppy trying to hide his invasions of privacy

ajdgzm.zip: Random JPEG screenshots

amfnzn.zip: osu!streamer code

bnzasn.zip: osu!Bancho

bpeayw.zip: osu website (including database dump and all configuration)

wnfzqv.zip: osu!master (game source code I assume)

is that the freeware gook clone of elite beat agents?

Yeah, exactly that one

That's a damn shame, guess I'll have to find another rhythm game. Osu's map selection was 90% weeb anyway.

officials to take action against the prosecutor...
Hard to take these seriously when people attempt legalese with word salad.

Why are both threads on this so sparse with the details? Something like this is monstrous news, and yet there are hardly any analysis.

No idea, probably because it's breaking.
When I broke news of the Ashley Madison leak on /n/. when that was a thing, it took 3 days for the media to pick up on it - I tweeted it at all the major news sites too

Dev ruse, user lose.

Just got linked this via twitter, case closed.

Call the FBI, seriously this is a felony.

Wait, if this already happened months ago, why is there even a thread about it? And why didn't I hear shit 5 months ago? Even if it's 100% done in good faith, code like this is shady and terrible.

Top kek. Weebfags BTFO, stop being faggots and get a real hobby.

Degenerate.

That's the level of detail I was looking for.

An archive would be nice, however, especially if you want to spread this around. Screenshots are easily falsified. Also the timestamps indicate that there should be a lot more information about this, but I can't find anything.

Also, a recompiled? OP in that reddit thread made it seem like recompiling the game is nbd. Having a hard time following that.

I'm pretty sure Steam's anticheat goes through user processes to identify cheating programs and daemons. I recall them mentioning they are able to detect any but kernel-level cheat measures.

*decompiled/decompiling

Kind of ironic since peppy was raving on twitter a while back about wanting to open-source his game, but then was struggling to find a license that would give him sole ownership of any code written for it as well as right to distribution.

either he's a dumb fucking retard or the biggest shekel-jockeying faggot. either way, he needs to eat a bullet

whoever took those screenshots clearly doesn't give a fuck about being spied on anyway.

Freedom never tasted so sweet.

I will admit it: I'm a weeaboo piece of shit and I fucking love my Touhou beatmaps on osu!, I fucking love my Mahou Shoujo Lux on LOL and I play a shitload of weeb shit games on my computer.

I also always fucking knew I could only use my instance of Windows 7 for completely innocuous shit like playing games and browse the public web. For actual web usage, I have an encrypted installation of Gentoo that I boot from an USB drive. Who fucking knew what lurked inside all that commercial code I run on Windows 7.

I guess I was fucking right about that.

Here's an archive: archive.is/XVG2J

the worst thing is the spying came from seemingly innocent freeware game that had no business in spying anyone

last time that happened was league of legends with pando media booster

Anyone know what this LL file is?

See

my bad it was explained there

This.

reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4kyegq/regarding_osus_sourcecode_leak/

archive.is/ph7Yt

That damage control. THAT DAMAGE CONTROL!

the weebfags cant even fap in peace. lulz!

On an unrelated note, gonna make a Linux port now for osu!. The wonders of open source.

make sure to share it

It's not unusual for anti-cheat systems to take shots. The question is if it continues to take screenshots after the game ends, and if that's not an accident. This is why treating your own audience like criminals as a bad thing.

Are they using a custom forum software?

"The wonders of open source"
Of course.
Heard he was open sourcing it for real later though, might wait until that is released.

Modify the screenshot thing to return a picture of Richard Stallman.

It's heavily modified phpBB.

It would only take screenshots while the game is running.

Someone already made an open source clone that works on Linux/Windows/OSX/Android. If you don't mind Java you should contribute to this instead.
itdelatrisu.github.io/opsu/

Chong ching chong ching

This.

If they do this, they have to make you aware that their collection goes this far. It is illegal and is a criminal offense in most countries.

He has no policy in regards to user data and personal data or subsequent removal. It's safe to say if he lied about the first, then he will store this illegally attained info indefinitely.

Secondly i can just be listening either on the CC server or the actual user and collect this data as well as a third party since its all sent in clear text.

Only the dead can know peace from this language.

Some dude cached visiting hentai site, one of the screenshots of the leak.

this is just some poor kid

LOL incognito mode browsing. Who the fuck browse hentai in mid-afternoon!?

This is some kid who got home from school, and is masturbating before his parents come home.

Alright, after some work i tried to run it.
It crashed because Linux didn't allow it to detect running background apps.

Probably not gonna happen, osu!'s code is pure shite and is not very platform independent.

Kek at reddit sucking the dev's dick.

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4kzlx0/osu_source_code_leaked_and_has_spyware_on_it/#d3j0z6v

When anti-cheat begins, any expectation of privacy on that computer ends. Simple as that.

For example, some Source engine games/servers have an anti-cheat that not only periodically takes screenshots, but it also publishes them on some Web interface open to public. You could see screenshots from random people. A thread was here or on a similar board. I witnessed it myself.
Valve records hashes of sites you visit from your DNS cache.
This is just what immediately came to my mind. All this can be considered regular occurrence. If they won't do it for anti-cheat, they'll do it for data collection or something like that.
I bet most of the time, the connections for those aren't encrypted either.

Solution: Have a separate partition, or preferably a whole separate computer for:
- games and other casual stuff (e.g a desktop)
- all other "serious" stuff (e.g a linux laptop)

Windows, games, proprietary freeware... those can't be trusted. They are likely to casually violate you and not give a fuck about it or even consider it a problem.

All that said, apparently Osu! is getting open-sourced so I'll excuse* them if they actually do it and we get a Linux version.

* Whatever that means, it's not like I delete reputation entries, more like I won't consider everything else they do as cancer.

If you're on Linux, you could run games as a separate user in a firejailed session.

Taking screenshots is on a whole new level. Not even battleye with it's rootkit is this morally bankrupt.

2 hours and "miraculously" dev post is heavily upvote and glided. Even indie scene now reek of /hailcorporate now i guess.

Last I checked VAC couldn't see anything that was running as root.

Gamers and Redditors are cucks--what else is new?

9. PRIVACY POLICIES
osu.ppy.sh finds your privacy most important, and we value your use of our services. osu.ppy.sh's services are free of any charge, no prior registration is needed for the use of these services. osu.ppy.sh will explicitly ask for information about you when such information is needed for use of the services provided by osu.ppy.sh. Any submission of any personal information is done only with your voluntary act (website), or automatically (game client software) where necessary to provide diagnostics and feedback. osu.ppy.sh keeps all private and personal information private, and does not, or will not share this information with any third parties except under the following circumstances :
When such action is necessary to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process.
When such action is necessary to protect and defend rights or property of osu.ppy.sh.
When such action is necessary to enforce osu.ppy.sh terms and conditions of service.
osu.ppy.sh may use cookies as party of tracking process, but cookies will not be used to personally identify you without your prior consent. If the user decides to participate in the forum, with user's consent, a cookie will be issued to keep track of the username and password for the period of 1 year.

From the Osu Terms of Service.

Stop flaming over the fact Osu might screenshot you. If you're going "OH SHIT!!" now that u know Osu does such a thing, then obviously you have something to hide. Personally I don't give a fuck. I don't think Peppy uses it unlawfully. If anyone decides to flame on him, maybe he'll change it to game only, but I doubt it. I think it's mainly there to capture people cheating with 3rd party software. If so, it makes perfect sense.

Fuck off, Peppy.

This isn't Reddit, fam.

They love you so much they'll break the law just for you.

I have a lot to hide. Passwords and other fun things like that, for example.

I don't think the screenshots are abused, but even if they're not, they might leave you vulnerable to other people intercepting those screenshots. There is a lot that can go wrong when you're transmitting personal data without telling people.

That doesn't cover, even involve, the claim of the people in this thread. In fact, legally speaking that excerpt damns Osu! management further.

That's what https and vpns are for.

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4kzlx0/osu_source_code_leaked_and_has_spyware_on_it/d3jibil

Peppy is a bad liar

Oh so now it's okey-dokey for Osu to do it but not SubSeven? Eat shit and die.

You can click the number at the right of a post's information to show that you're replying to that post.

How did you find this thread? I'm interested, and I can tell that you're not used to this site.

VPNs don't stop the server the data is transmitted to from reading the data, they just hide where it's coming from. Does the game actually use https for this? Even if it does, the server getting hijacked would be a huge security issue.

Downboated. :^)

Now that Reddit is here, I expect peppy and his undying followers shills to come with.

Hello, peppy.

Kek, joey_l's screenshots are everywhere because he used proprietary software

So why does you e-mail matter?

depressedface.jpg

Both posts defending peppy, using the same email(which was pretty obviously someone not from here(who fucking puts Anonymous in the email)). It might not be peppy, but it's definitely the same person both times.

Someone is already giving advice for blending in.

no I don't have anything to hide
I love talking about infinite chan and the Holla Forums /hebe/ boards to anyone, we have good laughs
Same thing with reddit
Surely there is nothing in my private life that could be used against me that will destroy my social life or my family.

Oh what the fuck, faissaloo.
I thought you were cool, when you wrote echo in asm.

even if he's on reddit what he did is absolutely based.

This shit just keeps getting worse.

Everybody does you tit.
And stop paraphrasing fucking Goebbels of all people.

Just what we need, more "sekrit club xD" faggots here from Plebbit.

I have an account on basically everything, don't use Reddit as much as I used to now that Voat exists, but I'm perfectly aware of the issues with Reddit specifically and the vote system in general (I do disable the hiding and sorting of comments according to score though). Still, an account on there comes in handy there sometimes, there are some good programmers on there.

FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT
FUCK OFF REDDIT

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW
will I make the front page of /r/4chan?

Is Voat still overrun with pedos and spam these days or did they wake the fuck up and drop the "muh freech" bullshit?

I hope you go to jail

-.-

Hello >>>/reddit/
>>>/gaschamber/

Reddit detected.

Esta mierda no se la cree ni dios.

It's painfully obvious when a thread gets linked somewhere in reddit or other communities.

If this is an attempt at a real takedown request, it's not the right way to do it. Try the e-mail address at the bottom of the page.

ahahahaaha

holy shit what the fuck is so bad about that source code that peppy's is DESPERATELY trying to hide

Peppy if you're reading this, your attempts to censor this are going to be futile.

it's probably the same retard that gave peppy reddit gold

Reddit admins are well-known for going into controversial threads and "seeding" flamewars with gold anonymously because the SJW sheep effect causes people to pile on. It's a zero-effort way to make money off other people's misery.

[email protected]/r/osugame/comments/4l0ubh/can_we_all_take_a_minute_to_thank_peppy_for_all/

wow people actually trust him

dumb fucks

He's working on open sourcing the game. I think it's unlikely that he's intentionally malicious.

Fuck off back to Reddit, shill.

Ignorance is no excuse for writing malicious software

That's beside the point, Reddit. You just do NOT spy on people. Even if you are well-intentioned, you are still creating a backdoor for malicious people.

well, shit.

why is he so concerned about DMCAing the source code then? Also, other then peppys word, is there any proof to his claims that he's been working on open sourcing the game? As I'm not a programmer, what is stopping him from just making the game open source right now? Why has it taken him so long just to make it open source?

I don't think that what he's doing is good or justifiable, I just think that he's honest about his intentions.

Note that I said "intentionally malicious", not "malicious".

Fuck, this is my all-time favorite game too. One of the few closed-source Windows-only games I've yet to wean myself off of and lo and behold, it's fucking spyware. Proprietary shitware has proved itself, yet again, to be untrustworthy.

Also reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4kzlx0/osu_source_code_leaked_and_has_spyware_on_it/d3jk0u6
THE PLOT THICKENS

I don't think he ever had bad intentions for it either, but the fact that it was there and the fact that he lied about removing it 5 months ago is disheartening.

It's been removed 5 months ago.

Normie terms:
All you have to do to make it open source is apply the GPL text or any other free software to the uncompiled software. You must then make the uncompiled software available on a place like Github.

So, Nothing is currently stopping PPY from making this video game's client open source.

I think it's terrible too. I could have phrased it better.

see the reddit post in

FTFY

You have to go back

For the record, osu-master/osu!.sln lists a Visual Studio version released on April 7, 2016.

But I am replying to a Reddit post, user. Only ledditors (and autistic Holla Forums manchildren) would not know the difference between Free Software and Open Source.

And only Plebittors would defend a Plebbitor

Can you explain to me what the difference between free software and open source is? Most people who claim there's a difference think open source is the same thing as source available.

Underrated post. That, plus an interjection.

A program can be open source while having a restrictive license preventing you from actually doing anything with it. That is not free software.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
Check it yourself faggot.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

Does C# have a function for reading bitmaps in a byte array?

It can't. Take a look at the open source definition:

It was actually adapted from the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

Did you read the part where they say open source is only a little looser than free software, and all free software qualifies as open source?

Telling someone to use a free software license to make something open source is a completely valid thing to do.

I have no idea, I have never written anything in such a language, but I really hope it does.

"Free Software" = Libre Software

"Open Source" = Source code is available, but does not mean it is libre. It can still hold many restrictions in the licensing the software is provided under.

How is Free Software defined?: gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

If it does, I'll do it.

It's like getting a car for free, but you're not allowed to infringe on the patents of the components that the car is made out of.

Free software does not mean free to dismantle and access the program at certain levels. Basically, the software is licensed to you, at no cost, but you are only allowed to use the software for what it's "meant for"

Not Holla Forums, I lost track for a sec.
I almost thought redditor said something relating peppies lies about open sourcing it. I am fucking retarded

Again, take a moment to read the definition of the thing you're talking about:

Open source means, well, the source is open and anyone can look at it.
Free software is open source software that allows you to:
0. Run the program as you wish, for any purpose
1. Study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish.
2. Redistribute copies
3. Distribute copies of your modified versions to others.

Not everything that is open source allows you those 4 freedoms. For example, the Fraunhofer AAC library (wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Fraunhofer_FDK_AAC) is open source but doesn't allow redistribution without licencing so it's not free software.

Wait... my pc turned extremly slow after installing osu, how can I do a clean uninstall uninstalling this shitty malware too?

You seem to not comprehend that a program can be open-source, but still have the ability to place restrictions on the user via the license and/or branding it's under. This means it is NOT free software, but is still considered open-source software. If you cannot comprehend that, alt+f4 and take a gun to your head.

I am not the user you were originally replying to with that link earlier, by the way.

You're being retarded. The software does nothing unless it's running.

No, that's not what open source means. This is what open source means:
I'm not a fan of open source, but what you think is just wrong.

You're probably thinking of programs like Firefox. Firefox uses a trademark that prohibits commercial redistribution. The official binaries are non-free, the source code is free. Because the open source definition requires commercial redistribution to be allowed, official binaries ar e not open source either.

man that maybe the official meaning of open source but that's not how people use it.
and legally speaking, open source does not protect the users like the gpl does

wew the real shills have arrived.

Sorry, it's partly my fault, I shouldn't have gone autistic on it.

The vast majority of things that are called open source actually are open source.

This is nonsense. Open source is a definition, the GPL is a license. The GPL is a free software license and an open source license, and permissive, BSD-style licenses are also free software licenses as well as open source licenses. There are open source fans who argue for copyleft and people who argue for permissive licenses from a freedom perspective.

I don't give a fuck how those people officially define OSS. I know very well what OSS is and what F(L)OSS is.

Some dumbfucks in CA aren't going to change that. Ever.

Go back to leddit, cuck

"Those people" invented the term "open source".

So, you guys are full autistic just because of a game you don't play do things the people that play it don't care? Back to half-chan I guess.

The majority of people on this thread plays osu and cares about his privacy, you probably dont play it and you think: "Oh yeah nobody will know that I like nigger gay porn HEHEHEHEHE"

gtfo cunt

never said otherwise
I said that open source like licenses are weaker that gpl
and no the gpl is not open source
the gpl licence requires the sources of software (freedom 1 and 3)
The open source definition is maybe similar than free/libre software but since open source regroups licences that are too permissive the fsf does not consider open source has a viable solution and separates itself from it.

Time to scare the fags off.

But I do play it, I just don't care (I use fucking windows 10 too).

I Remember that thing
but I've lost the source
can you post it please ?

Is there a torrent for the source code?

I wonder what would happen if I sent a very large stallman.

Don't worry user, we can still fix this.

The fact that the osu client has the ability to take screenshots has been known and admitted by the developer for a long time. There was a huge thread on the osu subreddit a while back on it.

peppy claims it is there for anticheat purposes but yeah its pretty bad.

wew lads

There, this should work, though I am not sure.

reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/4l1z8a/unwanted_content/d3jwg39?context=3
typing nosue gets you silenced for 42 hours because that is the name of a private server

wouldn't it be extremely slow?

trying to ge my rare pepes

xD Reddit

It doesn't matter.

I find it hilarious how much this has blown up, when there are thousands of other programs/companies who invade your privacy far more than this

It's probably because people really have a dislike for how peppy handles things talks, yada yada and now they have an opertunity to attack him

do you see how retarded you sound?

lmao weebs btfo

Feels good not being retarded enough to be one of them

are you fucking serious? Even Mark Zuckeberg don't even dare to take screenshot but "we take metadata only".

source?
and valve stopped going through hashes of sites you visit long ago

github.com/rektm8/osu

GitHub is quite quick on DMCA, and the osu! dev (or those sympathetic) is watching the thread.

oh well

github.com/rektm8/osu-banchu

thanks m8, downloaded

You know that "free software" has the same problem where it's often used to refer to software that doesn't cost money, as opposed to the FSF definition. You can only determine whether they're using an FSF or OSI definition or layman definition by context.

Also Open Source™ and Free Software™ are pretty similar mechanically, the only real difference is the ideology behind them. OSI focuses on it as a superior development method, while FSF focuses on it for humanitarian reasons.

So i looked up the dev. He wants to make everything open source and accept contributions and stuff. Sounds like a chill guy, so i'm deleting the repos

ikr

Peppy's always been a faggot

wasn't 'caught'

Source code looks pretty bad. People have no shame.

How? Do you need an account?

yep

The GPL is approved as an open source license:
opensource.org/licenses/category

Permissiveness actually has nothing to do with it. The free software definition and open source definition both allow permissive licenses and copyleft licenses. The problem is that the open source movement argues from a non-freedom perspective, but the GPL is still useful from that perspective.

Funny, back when I still played CS a shitload of the people playing semi-pro were using private hacks you could buy for a couple hundred bucks if you knew the right people. Wasn't exactly a big secret either.

Didn't even need to 'know the right people', just do well or lurk in irc and someone would bring it up.

Owned by mudslime.

autism

jakcin of

osu is gay suck my fucking dik ppy

IM GOING TO BOMB OSU HQ AND MURDER PPY AND RAPE HIM TBH FAMLILA ONLY 1000 .01 % SACRASM MY FRIESN

blatant underage

im 12

Yeah but even lurking IRC apparently was a tall order for a lot of people. And the only people who got caught by VAC or even more instrusive shit like Aequitas were the unlucky sods using opublic hacks.

Friend still plays CSGO and hacking is still rampant there, or so he says

im gay

That's when I uninstalled CSGO.

*mic

Cryengine is good example of this. It's available on Github but with their own license.

And it's not an open source license, which is why Crytek doesn't ever call it open source.

Not sure if serious or trolling. Considering the amount of redditshits on Holla Forums, I'd say the first.

That's called shared source

voat got pedo cp? i thought all the cp website have gone to tor?

Microsoft calls a bunch of things shared source. Some of them actually are open source. Only Microsoft uses that term and it's too vague to be useful.

I see the irony, not the hypocrisy though, since I don't agree with 'fat acceptance'.

Yeah, the pedos got kicked out a while back.

where do you get osu is it in steam or something? we should send emails explaining that it has a virus in it

The game has its own website and you can get it there.

Guys, set up a torrent already!

Here's the torrent, please help me seed it
wakaba.dhcp.io/files/2e7.torrent

do you read what is written or are you ignoring it ?
I know that the gpl is considered opensource by the open source initiative
but I will say it again the gpl is not opensource
it requires sources of the software (freedom 1 and 3)
but the fsf does not consider open source as a viable solution and consider the gpl for what it is free/libre software
Permissiveness actually does have something to do with it.
If a license is to permissive like for example the MIT is considered open source but the creator isn't obligated to releases source code
choosealicense.com/licenses/

The GPL is considered open source by the people who invented open source, but it's not open source? Can you elaborate?

Requiring distribution of source code doesn't violate the definition of open source. Not requiring it (like the MIT license does) doesn't violate the definition of free software. The FSF considers the MIT license to be a free software license.

You're confusing free software with copyleft.

So how many antivirus programs (correctly) detect this as a RAT?

Hi, Reddit.
It's time to go back.

rms and buds created the free software initiative and some of them afterwords changed for the term opensource because the word free (in the 80s+) was I think considered like some kind of communist bullshit + all the commercials in that time that were seeing the word sell and free like if it was the abomination from hell that would destroy their capitalism.

yes opensource is used by people who truly believes in free/libre software
but it's also used in another way that does not gives the user freedom
and I considers copyleft part of what free/libre software is.
if MIT and other permissive licences are compatible it's because their permissive.
A licenses compatible with the gpl does not make automatically the software free/libre software
for example the gnu trisquel community verify if everything is GPL compliant if you can't find the source or if there are some blanks in the source code it will not be in it (that's why they didn't include chromium)

libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines

trisquel.info/es/forum/¿chromium-es-100-software-libre

translation:

That doesn't do anything to show that the GPL is not an open source license.

Open source is deprecated term, we should call all gplv3 software as libre source software.

That doesn't do anything to show that the GPL is not an open source license.

for you

Posts like these are a disgrace to baneposters everywhere

o shit what did i miss? :^)

This

Some people just won't listen
so I speak to those who do
-Richard Stallman

youtu.be/cFPiekl8Ocw

Hey guys

Just kys now

as if you can't randomly generate a process name each time the cheat software is run
not that anybody gives a shit anyways (no idea what the goal of isu is)

The problem is that I never said that "open source" is a good term to use, just that the GPL is an open source license. I don't like the open source movement, I was just explaining that the GPL is an open source license.

It's a ripoff of someone else's console game.

>>>/reddit/

Maybe he meant pseudo source generated by IDA

Not all Open Source software is free of binary blobs.

To the obvious reddit shills/autists: I hope you know that you're keeping the thread alive by bumping it every time you post.

you can be banned from even running games if you use cheat engine while steam is running, or so ive heard.

Name one which scrapes processes, windows and screenshots on command. Hard mode: software people actually use.

Or because unlike facebook or windows 10, osu is actually software some people here care about.

He's said that for quite some time. It's not going to happen, just like Minecraft going open source never happened even though it was promised.

It's a shame because peppy has no fucking clue what linux users want so the experience in wine can be quite second-rate sometimes.

Between this and the damage control and you can smell the stench of desperation

This is why commercial software can absolutely never be trusted. Ever.

Also, the reason why normalfags who trust whatever the jews throw at them are so easily hackable.

Highly unlikely.
Malcom Reynolds has not been banned from steam just softbanned from DS3 and he extensively uses CE.

You must love Microsoft

Hahahahahahahahahaha, oh wow.

There was someone in the /n/ thread asking for friends to add.

I don't even know anymore.

Need some cheese?

opensource.org/osd

The differences are based on beliefs in freedom or not, even though the two refer to the same kind of software.
Most Open Source approved licenses qualify as Free Software and vice versa. Some Free Software doesn't qualify as Open Source approved because it may be in the public domain or not distributed at all, while some Open Source licenses do not meet the criteria for being Free Software licenses due to small differences in some cases.

builds that i've compiled with vs2015 show the title as something like "osu! dev20160528"

Is anyone doing something useful with that source? Like editing game shit or something

Is exposing the malware within it not useful enough for you?

#notallproprietarysoftware

Source code is open and available. That's it.

Software and Source Code is under a free license guaranteeing your 4 essential freedoms

Imagine it like this: all free software is open source but not all open source software is free software.

Feels good, man. Always trust the nips to protect your freedoms.

enjoy your botnet faggot

What's wrong? Did you get your privacy raped by Peppy's dick and now you're salty about it? Too bad.

the person above you seems salty their privacy got raped by Jim

What?

buy thread

holyshit, proprietary suckers are delusional fucks.

I don't play that peppy cuck game faggot, since you play games that are proprietary on computer, your personal info were pretty much compromised from the dev too, just like playing that peppy cuck game.

I bet you're a winblows fag, who doesn't care about user freedom. kill yourself fag.

Well you're a cock gobbling cum guzzling faggot, because Lunatic Rave isn't proprietary, dumbass, it's open source. Only issue is the documentation is in Japanese and no has bothered to translate it yet as far as I know.

You're the one who should mcfucking kill themselves since you could have looked that up in two seconds.

Those are models, the codes are not game engine itself. There are no resource files that links into images for its interface. There a lot of .bat and json files which have nothing to do with game engine.

There are no license in the repo and documentation, even in japanese language.

Next time, learn what code base of legit open source software looks like before spouting bullshit you literal sad faggot. Enjoy your botnet underage kiddie game.

Not true. Look up what open source is, either on the site of the Open Source Initiative, on Wikipedia, or even on gnu.org.

You're doings g-d's work user

How? Even the developer lost the source and was forced to stop developing it when it happened.