Is it gay to have a bug collection?

is it gay to have a bug collection?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/blog/further-evidence-that-bed-bugs-are-the-worst-they-re-rapists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_insemination
indigo.com/lab_supplies/insect_pins/#.V5TWufnhCUk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomological_equipment_for_mounting_and_storage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only if you shove them up your ass

/thread

It's actually pretty cool, OP

If you have one, post it.

No. Post it with timestamp.

i don't really have a collection yet. i found the beetle yesterday and i caught a robber fly today at school, so i thought they could be the start of a collection

Well its a start.

Keep us updated.

Inb4 bug-catching stories.

i'll keep you updated as long as this thread lasts

This is now a spiderchan thread. Post spiderchans

You can get insects, etc encased in resin. They're really cool. We had a scorpion, and I picked up a stag beetle in China town.

Bug chasing is the gay thing, not bug collecting

Almost caught a Golden Rhinoceros Beetle the other day. Using Mayonaise of all things as bait.

Also, if you catch a cool specimen you can keep it in an air-tight container with a but of noxious liquid to kill it. I think I used acetone the last time I did so.
Experiment with acetone or isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab.

Depends, are you catching things with antennas and pincers or stds?

nice beetle, try to find an iridescent one, those are always cool

Catch a Cockroach and live out your super villain wet dreams with your very own RoboRoach.

so its gay to obtain bugs on your own? the only non-gay way to collect bugs is by buying them from someone else.

It's what the most refined Anglo-Saxon autists did before computers existed. (Well that and classical philology).

I did it for a while but lost interest/got depressed and moths ate all my bugs.I might do it again someday.

www.bioquip.com

Started my collection with a robber fly. Now just make a kill jar and buy some pins.

post your collection?

Shit, if I can find it, I will. Assuming it hasn't been destroyed with all the moving around I've been doing.

Still looking for the collection, but here's my gear. The box comes full of basic stuff you need for collecting (spreading boards, pins, basic trap supplies) and the net also seen.

The jar at the top right is a kill jar. It's just a mason jar you buy at the store filled with plaster of Paris. You drop some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover in there and the insects asphyxiate.

The book is a field guide to help with identification.

Will continue looking for my actual collection.

Are one of the bugs you collect AIDs?

why, do you want some?

so could i make a kill jar by putting acetone soaked cotton balls in a jar?

Fuckin up with that pic. Here it is again.

Yeah, that would definitely work, but I'd put some type of barrier some the insects don't come in contact with the cotton balls, as that could wash the color out and/or make them a pain in the ass to work with.

What's left of my collection. There are a few wet samples left around and I think there's a beetle somewhere, but a mouse got to a large bit of my collection that was set to be showed and just ate them up, that little bastard.

It did for me. I deleted the post because I wasn't sure if any metadata was stored or not, so decided to play it safe.

Huh, it does. Holla Forums lets you delete posts now.
When did this happen?

Sometimes I wish I was gay so I could tell people I was into bug chasing then show them my collection of insects.

Never understood the point in picture metadata. I run everything through exiftool.

Don't they rot and smell bad?

Only if you let them stay damp. The idea is that you keep the exoskeleton while the insides dry out.

Nope. While the insides are all fleshy, the exoskeleton is rigid and doesn't rot away. The worst smell comes from any mothballs you might be using to deter pests from eating your insects, but as long as you keep your collection sealed, that's not much of a problem.

Bedbugs are gay. They rape females as a matter of course. And male bedbugs are aroused by size, so they rape males if they're over-bloated.
motherboard.vice.com/blog/further-evidence-that-bed-bugs-are-the-worst-they-re-rapists

Along with several other species of insects, they fuck by literally smashing their dick through the victim's carapace. At least one species injects sperm in other males which then migrates to the testes and is passed onto females.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_insemination

Ramming a pin through an insect is therefore akin to insect sex, and hence, counts as zoophilia. It is also gay if the insect is male.

Also, insects are rapists, so killing them makes you a feminist and an SJW.

OP here
so here's my first update, i'll post pics if you want.

i made a bug net and went out at night and caught some bugs. nothing incredible. i found a shiny golden beetle, some grasshoppers, crickets, two really small long beetles. i also learned that ohio has disgusting nightmare spiders. i'm from utah originally, and the biggest spiders i saw were wolf spiders with a legspan the size of a quarter, but the body was tiny. they just had really long legs. the wolf spiders here are fucking terrifying. they're like 5 times the size of utah spiders

also i was running my net through some weeds in a field and some cunt with a flashlight yelled at me from a distance that it was "private property"

Apparently one of the small beetles I'd actually a firefly

OP you're like one of the autistic bug catching faggot in the pokemon games

Never change

that's a fucking small dinosaur.

Don't be fucking rude it's doing its best

4 u

This is fucking funny

Nigger.

i'm trying to pin them now

only if you sex men

I hope that mouse Is now part of your collection.

Try to kill them first tard.

i did, moron. i put them in a jar with nail polish remover soaked cotton balls overnight. i woke up and they were all dead on their backs.

Looks good, OP. If you want to be autistic about it, look up how to properly pin the different orders. That robber fly, for example, should have its wings stretched out.

That motherfucker refuses to be caught. I've set tons of traps for it, even sent in a few cats where it seems to be most of the time, and it's still alive. I'm not sure what it eats, since there's no real food around, but I have learned it like to drink the ink from paintballs.

Bug chasing means to purposely get HIV

Then why are you doing that?

More like 'creepy'.

bug chasing = catching std's and spreading them

bug collector = catching actual bugs and spamming Holla Forums with it due to lack of life

both gay, but one is far more gay, while one is mainly an act that spreads diseases.

doing what? pinning them?

does this look okay? i tried rotating them, but they weren't going to go

i need some advice on the praying mantis. its really small, do you guys think it will dry alright? i have a feeling its just going to turn into mush.

Can you tell me how to preserve exoskeletons? Preferably not in solution, but freestanding? My brother wants to save some cicadas in a diorama.

B A S E D

Only if they're all m ales and you suck their dicks

it won't rot, it will lose its color and maybe shrink a bit though. immature incomplete metamorphs still have exoskeletons

With those giant things in that way.

It sounds like you're trolling or you don't know what pinning is.
The pins prop them up in a position to make it look like they're alive. they stay like that until they're dry, at which point, you remove all of the pins except for the center pin, which is used to mount it to a display board

WANT. I wonder if this could be done with a praying mantis.

I kind of like the way this looks, all colorful with way too many pins.

indigo.com/lab_supplies/insect_pins/#.V5TWufnhCUk

Please notice that i am not using a single ad hominem this time.

"the art of reading slowly"

Also this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entomological_equipment_for_mounting_and_storage

As you can see is the first thing that google show and marxistpedia.

oh, you mean why am i using large pins?
well, i'm just working with what i have which are sewing pins. i might buy some insect pins, but i'll have to wait for them to get here in the mail.

Then use glue, check marxistpedia please.

it's pretty cool I guess

not at all

how am i supposed to pose them with glue?

No, but it is animal cruelty..

How do you know the bugs are the same gender as OP?

oh my god, the cruelty

Needlessly killing for your fucking collection is not exactly what I'd call nice.

i'm sorry for ruining mr. shit-beetles' day. his wife is a widow now, completely traumatized, contemplating suicide. now she'll have to suck beetle dick for a living because she doesn't have any marketable skills, she was a traditional beetle-housewife marriage. his son will be relentlessly bullied for being a bastard. his daughters will have to become strippers to pay for their college. their house is going to be repossessed and they'll have to live out of a snickers wrapper in a dark alley.

please forgive me, god.

Google, btw, i am amused about how did you pinned that mantis.

can you give me a link to specifically what you're talking about? i tried googling it and found nothing. the only mention i've found of glue is that you're supposed to use it to attach insects too small for a pin, to pieces of card.

amused how? a good kind of amused?

First, glue is for small bugs, but for those bugs the answer are small pins, this is why you cant find anything, now, for very small bugs, video related (second video in youtube).

It isnt destroyed, i am not really sure.

Buy something better, if you cant wait use your legs and buy them in a fucking store.

Exactly like what OP is doing. Catch and kill the insect, then use pins to position it how you want. From there you can keep it in a collection box or shadow box.

Looks pretty good for your first time. If you want to loosen it up, stick it in a jar with a wet cotton ball to limber it back up. Of course, that'll undo all your other work, so I don't think it's really worth it.

They can't feel pain, it's fine.

i think i already mentioned these were the smallest pins i could find at the store. i live in a rural area and i don't have a car. i would have to order them online

Not entirely… then go to the city and buy them. Btw, i still dont know if i have to congratulate you or insult you for that work on the mantis.

Save time, buy them now, meanwhile prepare chems, get a decent glass, do a shelf, print a paper with names, etc.

And try using a light in the night with a trap (a white blanket or something like that), you will get a shoa of them.

i'll take that as a compliment with the mantis thing
thanks for the advice

You aren't likely to find insect pins locally.
Go to bioquip.com. Real insect pins are very strong, thin, sharp, and are enameled to prevent rust.

SmallFry: another fag detected captain

CapFap: All weapons online !

Hi, my name is Jamal Johnson.

I have access to 3 popular VPN services, one of which allows me access to 5 other VPN services. Most of them are popular on here.

I plan to spam Holla Forums by bumping old threads and generally ruining the quality of the board until every single VPN is banned. I won't stop until 8/b/ becomes 4/b/.

Remember to check the timestamps of each thread that you decide to post in. Chances are, it has been dead for days and you don't realize it because my spam was deleted, and the thread is still on page 1.

Have a nice day.

Hey jamal, I am also jamal johnson, how are you doing today?

Is there any other kind?

Hi, my name is Jamal Johnson.

I have access to 3 popular VPN services, one of which allows me access to 5 other VPN services. Most of them are popular on here.

I plan to spam Holla Forums by bumping old threads and generally ruining the quality of the board until every single VPN is banned. I won't stop until 8/b/ becomes 4/b/.

Remember to check the timestamps of each thread that you decide to post in. Chances are, it has been dead for days and you don't realize it because my spam was deleted, and the thread is still on page 1.

Have a nice day. ,,m

do you shove the bugs into uranus?

if so, its gay

How do you preserve them and stop them from falling apart?

Catch that fucker and make it into a display with a sign saying "this fucker destroyed my bug collection".

Post pics of your collection after.

wow. you are bringing phrase "having no life" to whole new level

Only if Thoraxes are touching

Did someone say iridescent eetles?

I have a whole tree of them.

I rought out my tennis raquet yesterday and had neighors take pictures of me.

My cat loves to watch the irds that come eat them.

It's cool.

OP here. you guys wanted to keep you posted on my progress. the ones i originally caught are all posed and dried, and i will post pics after they're done resizing

Have you superglued a small penis to one of them?

no but i want to now

that was cool as shit holy fuck

this is what i caught today and plan on drying.
3 large bumble bees and 2 smaller ones
a large black wasp and a black hornet
2 large green beetles
i don't know what the other thing is, an assassin bug maybe?

this was such a clusterfuck to pin