76/sp/ GET

Allow us /sp/artans to teach you nerds how to properly math.

/sp/ is dead, they died when they betrayed us and now they can't even play GETBall on a slow as fuck board

its over /sp/ you're all washed up, you could've been a contender...

/sp/ betrayed us?

they left to endchan

*76chan actually, which is twice as dead and has half the /sp/ users as even Holla Forums did, they all went separate ways after the original BO of 8/sp/ lost control of the board do to more meta drama bullshit

I wish that all of my fellow anons had not been cast to the winds. It was so special that communists, nazis, furries, men, women, underage b&, pedos, jews, blacks, whites, chinks, spics, bronies, autists, fags, gamers, weebs, Windows users, Linux users, Mac fags, etc. could all exist on one site, and sometimes even work together. We had the only diversity that matters: diversity of opinions.

I think a meta-chan is the only way to bring everyone back together. It hosts no boards itself, but indexes boards from other chans like so:
8ch.net/v/4chan.org/v/
Then a community isn't broken up if the site owners upset them. They'll all still be indexed in the meta-chan.

Uhm that is actually easily feasible because the JSON formats of big chans are mostly compatible, however it would be read-only
Also
I hate to break that for you, but there were no more than five girls on /fem/

Pretty sure only Vichan/Infinity Original made it a point to implement a 4chan compatible JSON api, granted I see more and more imageboards using these there's still no concrete standard that covers ALL major chan software

I know for sure InfinityNever uses a completely different JSON API, not sure about Lynx though, it would be nice for all the chan makers to come together and decide on an api standard

And there won't ever be, not when we have incompetent businessmen like Hiroyuki and Jim running the two biggest imageboards.

The InfinityNever API is not *that* different from the vichan one from what I remember.

Infinity Next has support for legacy APIs but uses a dynamic json API using relative timestamps instead of static, whole-file caching to support thread updating, as well as a different full-thread json API.

All the smaller guys like Lynx, InfinityNext, and TinyIB just need to adopt the 4chan/Holla Forums API standard

Holla Forums's API isn't totally compatible with 4chan's API.
It doesn't matter, the fact that the two biggest imageboards are run by bumbling businessmen means we can't hope for a standard, they want you to come to their shitty imageboard and so on.
They see no business sense in having an overchan, a federated network of nodes, in order to bring everyone together. It's all about making money to them, or competing with Hiroyuki in Jim's case but he's so fucking incompetent that it's hilarious.

And neither of them have to make an overboard, a third party can just fucking do it, as long as 4chan/8chans APIs retain a certain level of compatibility and no radical changes are made to break compatibility with the Overboard it should be fine

You don't have to have API compatibility to run an overboard that scrapes their content. I'm not sure why you'd think that.

I mean, it makes it easier, but it's not needed.
And it's just incurring a shitload of bandwidth costs and disk space for read-only capabilities at best.

Mostly for speed and simplicity, a board scrubber sounds awfully slow, especially for faster boards like 4chan, its just unfeasible

no wonder you can't even GET on fucking Holla Forums

It was a Linus Torvalds GET, then /sp/fags got extremely anal wasted and BTFO they can't even GET on a slow board now with concentrated spam effort

All me