Obscure/unpopular cartoons that are worth watching

Come and share those hidden jewels that only you and a few anons watched.
Video related is the story of a master thief that fight against a secret organization in which he was a member.
His weapons are all in what he is good… Steal, deception, act persuasively and cool gadgets.
A good link:
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Diabolik

Other urls found in this thread:

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Arsene-Lupin
youtube.com/watch?v=peDwrQoZkBk&list=PLYXievo3ibiUzCT2VFUquhGZjKd6B4TO_
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Iznogoud
youtube.com/watch?v=0eAA9rKZc-U&index=2&list=PL632DEFF5485C77A6
youtube.com/watch?v=r_oN2_1W2M0
es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Doblaje_Wiki:Portada
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There was a Diabolik cartoon? WTF?

Yes and is awesome

Speaking of master thieves, I used to really love Night Hood, a short lived series about the original Arsene Lupin. It had a really cool art deco look to it.

I'm going to check it out. Something tells me it's not as sexy as the original comics or movies though.

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Arsene-Lupin
I'm going to check it out too
There is some sexy girls but everything is toned down for the intended audience.

Shakespeare: The Animated Tales

Macbeth in particular creeped me the fuck out when I was a kid.

Downtown. Brought to you by the same minds behind Megas XLR and Motorcity. Entertaining slice of life series based in New York City. Mecca is my waifu.

Sounds like cancer. Not even checking the trailer.

Suit yourself.

This influx of summerfags is getting annoying pretty fast…

Shit, I love this show. Since MTV wasn't doing anything with it, the makers made their own complete series DVD and would send you a copy if you paid for shipping. This was like seven years ago though, so I doubt they're still doing it. I love the episode with the comic convention.

I actually bought that dvd set. I was impressed by how many little extras they jammed into it as well. Promos, behind the scenes and news blurbs for the series, commentaries, and even a joke commercial for Megas toys. They really went the extra mile to try and make the dvds worth it. Shame the quality on a couple of the later episodes weren't so great.

gargoyles was pretty neat, had the coolest villain too

Thanks for reminding me, I wanted to share a few of my "obscure hidden jewels that only I watched" as well.

gargoyles wasn't that famous, i mean it was nickleodeon's batman

I guess Chris Colorado is sorta obscure(the last thread I saw was someone asking if he should watch it and nobody replied). It also had a cool soundtrack.

In Eastern Europe, Life with Louie was also very popular, but I don't think it's popular anywhere else. It's about the life of this fat kid and his adventures. His father was also top tier, even if all his stories were a lie.

Oh, hello literally the only other person on this board besides myself who remembers this show. Nice to see you again.
Eastern Europe, you say? Where are you from?

Quite literally.

I can see why it was popular with Slavs.

she wasn't really a protagonist, even.

Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys was great. In show, an alien race came across experimental space ship with chimp in it, assumed that apes are the most intelligent species from Earth, and went on to recruit few more to be saviors of the universe. Aliens augmented their brains, gave them weapons and ships. Series follows the crew as they travel through space trying to stop various villains.

I'm not that guy, but every kid in Poland who had cable at least knew what Life with Louie was.

I am from Romania. I just watched the English dub(I think that was the original one) and the father's voice is quite annoying. Our dub is superior.

I know that every episode is on YouTube but I want to know is it a self contained series lasting one season? Or does it just end on a cliffhanger to a never happened future season?

Also is it worth watching?

I remember watching Life With Louie, I thought the final episode ended on a good note, by having the dad's long term project of digging up the backyard to make his bomb shelter into a swimming pool instead.

This show was a better Men In Black.

I think I remeber some cartoon that had this slightly cyberpunk-ish dystopian setting with anthropomorphic animal (and, I'm not sure, but maybe some insectoid ones too), red skies and stuff like that. And no, it wasn't Swat Kats, it had a more french-ish than American visual style. I think it was from two-thousands.

I thought it was just a Russian Fox Kids thing because Russian dub of Louie's dad was fucking awesome and pretty memetic.

I didn't know they had cartoons on Kamchatka

Sorry I meant Eastern Europe. Fuck Eastern Kamchatka nobody cares about that place.

From what I remember it was very good with good action scenes and interesting plot twists(though I was like 10 when I saw it, so take it for what you want). I remember it ending with the heroes sorta winning the battle, but there were still some mysteries to solve and not all the bad guys were caught. I think it can be described as Star Wars, but with South America instead of space.

So was the Romanian one, from what I heard Louie's dad had good voices and lines in all versions with the exception of the American one.

Would DiC cartoons count as obscure? Probably not

This thread did prompt me to look up a cartoon I remember having police hovercars, and I found this. Can't comment on the actual quality of the show itself though, I watched maybe like one scene.

Oh yeah, another cartoon popular only in Eastern Europe would be Kids From Room 402.
**I disagree that it's the best episode, it's just a random episode I found on youtube*

Another cartoon, that is more popular in Italy(I was lucky that it was on TV in my country but only once with no reruns) is Sandokan(no not the animal version). I have been searching for an english dub, and I can't believe it, but I actually found a playlist on youtube in english for season 1. Just listen to this intro.

Here is the playlist: youtube.com/watch?v=peDwrQoZkBk&list=PLYXievo3ibiUzCT2VFUquhGZjKd6B4TO_
My advice is to download all the episodes, I just know they will be taken down due to copyright infringements.

welp. that was my childhood.

this one too

Fuck i loved Sandokan.

Sadly he didn't upload 2 episodes from season 1 and one episode from season 2. He aparently uploaded them in 2014. His entire channel is full of obscure shit and in different languages. I don't know who he is, but thank god he exists.

Another somewhat obscure cartoon would be Princess Sisi. It's more for girls, but if you want to see a cartoon set during the Austro Ungarian conflicts, well here it is. The last episodes are about the war and it's not all roses and sunshines. Hell now that I think about it, it was kinda hardcore for a girls cartoon, I mean nobody dies, but the her family is constantly in danger of poverty and loosing their lands(they even live on the streets in some episodes of season 2), nobody likes her except France, his brother and her family, her father is stuck in a mine for a few days and is in danger of dying, there are countless political conflicts between the Austrians and the Hungarians and so on. Here are the episodes if anyone is interested.

Cybersix is pretty good. Story's entertaining and charming, and it has some of the best animation you can get on a TV cartoon.

Have you ever considered it's just the same people you've been shitposting with the entire time?

Holy shit I vaguely remember that.

I thought Gargoyles aired on the Disney Channel?

The only thing I remember from that one is Moriarty and Holmes falling towards a laser grid and they both pulled some bullshit to escape before being vaporized.

Loved Cybersix, is sad that there is no second season.
I loved video related. I watched in LatAm and is a really fun series. sadly is really hard to find in spanish or english

Likewise (Heck, I bought the PC game)

I miss cheesy 90s rap intros.

Anyway, are Galaxy Rangers obscure enouth? or were they mainstream?

interesting

Galaxy Rangers was really popular especially in Europe.
Video related made me believe in girls as protagonists

See? those were good cartoon intros!

And yeah, Galaxy Rangers were my favourite cartoons. Is a shame they don't do cartoons that had imagination and stuff like that.

Even original Ben 10 had some imagination.

kisscartoon has some of it in english
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Iznogoud

I never got a feel for this one's popularity so maybe relatively unknown

since it was disney and originally aired during their saturday morning block on, i think, ABC, I do believe you're hallucinating

also, it was the hypest ever when it came out

Just found an episode in English by the recommended list.

Hard to say if this counts as obscure, but it probably counts as obscure outside of the UK.

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future, a 3d animated adaption of the British sci-fi comic. I also believe nearly every episode is a 2 parts consisting of two 22 minute long episodes, so the plots aren't rushed.

The first story, The Surrender of Earth (Part 1 and 2) is on YouTube but no other episodes (not even on KissCartoon).

Also the intro song is sung by Elton John.

Probably gonna be wrong here but could it be Space Strikers? A french sci-fi series, but did have a character who had a wolf's head/features. But I'll admit it comes from the 90's.

Just throwing this in here because it's pretty obscure too.

Thanks, sadly is not complete BUT maybe some day some user will rip and upload the complete series.
Have another favorite series. Is live action but some of the enemies are considered cartoons. This series is the first step in decend CGI characters and Star Trek ripped the look of Lord Dread for the Borgs.
Also it a really matured series for the time because the writers wanted to do a serious show and they never toned down the series.
I recomend to watch it, you will not regret it.
Watch it till the end…
have all the episodes in this link:
youtube.com/watch?v=0eAA9rKZc-U&index=2&list=PL632DEFF5485C77A6

Feels like western toku… I like it

I don't think many of us remembers this, it has RAD CARS and quite a decent story to be fair

Surprised no one has mentioned Bucky O' Hare. The only flaw that show had? The Token Human self-insert character. The rest was good.

Loved Captain Power.

I don't think I ever got the light gun to work though

It was a pretty decent series.

Didn't it seem a little weird that NASCAR backed this even though, racing wise it's nothing like NASCAR?

Current NASCAR doesn't have loop de loops, escape pods, cars with unique abilities* and good woman drivers.

*Like temporary flight, driving on two wheels, rocket boosters out the sides, or a tank turret in the 2nd season.

I think the Wing Commander cartoon was pretty good. They treat war seriously with characters getting killed and at least one suffering from PTSD.

One episode with one of the main characters meets his childhood hero and find out he's a dirtbag. A war hero that deserted and formed a group of pirates. Then they find out that the government knew about it but kept it secret to keep up morale.

the human insert was even pretty good as moral lesson character
you might recall an ep where a girl uses him to get him to do her schoolwork. Bucky helps him see what's wrong and the lesson of the episode is literally bitches aint shit but hos and tricks
of course the show enjoyed its inverted morals

fucking great video game on the NES too

a webm of Bronski going "WOO WOO" is on my to do list
that and "wish me luck"

Les Enigmes de Providence.

So rare I can't even find the original french voice acting for it.
All I can find for it are the romanian dubbings on Minimax.

It was kind of interesting. Every background/secondary character would get mind controlled by the shaman's magic and Oscar(the pig) would have to defeat them all.
Similar to Randy Cunnigham's episodes, but less action shorts and more story plot with more clever thinking.

Also here's Simsala Grimm. This one is pretty mediocre, even more-so than Enigmes de Providence.
youtube.com/watch?v=r_oN2_1W2M0

THERE WAS A WING COMMANDER CARTOON ?

That's precisely one of the reasons I didn't like Bucky O' Hare. Jenny is literally "hos and tricks." So Jenny hides her magical powers from Bucky's crew meaning that from their perspective Jenny adds NOTHING to the crew. She's just a pretty twat and that's it. If that's all they know of Jenny as a crewmate? Then why even hire her and give her a role in the group? There is no logical reason for her to stay when as far as the crew knows she's useless for the most part.

That shit really bothered me.

Kid vs Kat got buried in the 2008 rush.

That got deep fast

NASCAR Racers is criminally underrated…

Mah nigga, I watched the hell out of that show.

Favorite episode was the one where the mutated Collector tries to wreck everyone in the unofficial race.

Another show that was pretty popular in Eastern Europe or, at the very least, in Slavland

God, I fucking hated that show.

And here's another one.
How many slavs are browsing this board fam?
This shit had surprisingly good story at times, especially the finale. I hated football and I hated CGI shows, and yet I couldn't stop watching this shit.
ehh

Yeah man, I really liked Galactik Football, but never saw the last episode of season 2. For some reason(I guess I was just dumb) I never realized that they changed from traditional animation to CGI when they were on the field/simulation.

I remember enjoying what little I saw of that cartoon when I was younger and I have no idea why.
I can't even name a specific thing that happened during any of the episodes.
I have always hated NASCAR and pretty much anything related to it.

The only explanation I can think of is the races were pretty much NASCAR F-Zero like said.
Otherwise there was nothing I really gave a shit about.

FUCK
I meant to quote at first.

What went wrong, Holla Forums?

They cancelled it after just 13 episodes.

You at least have the toys
I never had the toys =(
Another series with toys that I never had or better said, I never knew that had toys

I don't know if this counts as obscure, but I've never once seen it discussed on Holla Forums, so…

The Pirates of Dark Water is a pirate setting on an alien world with an epic (in the original sense of the word, meaning long journey through various strange places) storyline featuring a motley pirate crew facing villains of the week, a recurring villain and an overarching save-the-world threat. Decently animated and with guest appearances by Tim Curry. Check it out if you haven't yet.
Sadly, it never got a proper ending. Just try to enjoy it while it lasts.

Don't really know, but if you're feeling brave you can try and launch an expedition into Harkach's equivalent of Holla Forums, /c/.

Xyber 9 New Dawn.

Basically young male orphan guy finds a highly intelligent sentient AI computer ball on the end of a stick. That also has the ability to jack in to any old tech/vehicles.

Also used 2D animation for characters and 3D for vehicles (and sometimes 3D renders of the characters on the vehicles).

Thought it had an interest premise, instead of a chosen one finding a sword in a stone, it's a fucking advanced computer with a super advanced USB port.

Visionaries were so dank.
There was a few brief years when I was a child where holograms were the hottest shit and marketers were trying to stick them on everything to appeal to kids.

I heard the production costs went up though which is why not only did visionaries suddenly disappear even though a 2nd season of shows and toys were planned, but the entire hologram fad went poof seemingly over night.

Why can't Hasbro just bring back Visionaries and Inhumanoids ?

They are…as a shared film universe

i heard the sega genesis game has a canon ending to the series

Damn I barely remember this

Scorchers is best team

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

I have been trying to find out the name of this (so I can serch it up) for ages.

also who here liked Starship troopers roughneck chronicles?

I totally forgot about this. damn.

Who remembers action man?

I saw a few episodes, but I mostly remember him, because I had some of the toys.

I remember watching it. Unfortunately at that time I wasn't that familiar with Starship Troopers, so can't remember too much about it. I do remember human soldiers cooperating with some aliens, but that's about it.

just searched this and somebody uploaded my favorite episode back then
glad somebody uploaded this, never seen this episode on the web before

There's this show which I barely remember.
A group of heroes were trying to stop an evil robot, the robot was created by one of the heroes.

When the heroes stopped the evil robot's plans, one of the heroes talked to it.

The hero that created it had a stern conversation with the robot and said "I created you."

The robot was in denial covered its ears and shouted "I CREATED MYSELF! I CREATED MYSELF!" before escaping.

Anyone know a show like that?
I can't seem to remember the name.

even magic bus episode

Hi, I doubt you will actually read this, but I am the user who replied to your post. I just re-watched the series on Youtube, so I can give you a short review, but before that the answer to your question is that the series is self contained in one season(all plot points were resolved), but they could easily made another season from were it left, but even so the main villain got killed or did he and the hero rode into the sunset trying to figure out his place in the world. Now for the review:

The series is action packed with some drama and a lot of plot twists. You can also tell that the series had some inspirations from Star Wars. Even if I remembered some of the plot twists from when I first watched it as a kid, I didn't remember all of them and the ones that I didn't, I really didn't see them coming. The characters are good especially Richard Julians who knows a lot about Chris, will do a lot of questionable things to get what he needs, but is a firm believer in democracy and would never use his power to rig an election, and would do anything to protect his daughter. He is my favorite character in the show. The voice acting, for the english dub, is very good and you can see that the voice actors put some passion in it, though I would have used a different voice for Thanatos(he sounds more ridiculous than threatening). The story and mystery of the Krantz family is very interesting and you only get small bits of information that together make up the entire story, but even then you will see it from different angles to really know what happened. The music is good, but that's mostly because I like orchestral soundtracks, though I would have preferred if it had twice the number of songs(by episode 18 it kinda gets boring hearing the same combat theme). The series has almost no filler episodes and if I am not mistaken all episodes end in a To Be Continued, except for the last one. What I didn't like was that some episodes and story elements did feel rushed, especially the election one, or how easily Chris's sister accepted that she has a brother. I would also have liked if they discussed a lot more about Thanato's philosophy, I mean he did write books, but we never see why people would willingly prefer his doctrine instead of the one of democracy even if they once had a political party to spread the doctrine. I would have like if it had more politics in the show, but you can't all, I guess. The show would have benefited if it had more episodes or a 40 minute format.

Oh and the best thing is that there is no annoying funny side character for the kids. There are only adults and old people in the show. Most of the humor, comes from the banter between characters and from when Chirs decides to fuck with Mitchels.

Nice to know I unintentionally helped you user.

Things I remember about this series.

>AMP IT UP/AKA Rube Goldburg math time.

I'm here, thanks for the review. This has increased my interest in watching it.

WATCH THE SKIES

It was a BAD show.
I rewatched it recently, and it was really kinda boring. The characters had barely any personality, and the only interesting aspects were the conspiracy going on in the background, as well as some of the aliens, but not even all of them.

Really?
I watched the first few eps, and it seems to me that the voice acting was pretty bad, actually.

Maybe I should have worded that better, it has good voice acting for a dubbed cartoon.

And any film by Plympton.

Now this was perfect.

Cybersix was short, sweet, complex- highly underrated. Even has a comicbook.

They had a Lithuanian kid collecting spoons.

You will be surprised of how many obscure cartoon are dubbed in LatAm.
es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Doblaje_Wiki:Portada
I enjoyed Shadow Raiders and the good CG of that series. Seriously the CG was good for the time and very detailed
Video related had a really good character development for a kids show. Is worth checking out

Well, Cybersix in particular is based on an Argentine comic, so it makes sense it had a LatAm release.

Incidentally, there was also a live action CyberSix TV series, but it was cancelled after a couple episodes. I'm not even sure they're available on the internets.

On topic, definitely check out Bucky O'Hare

There's at least part of an episode out there I remember watching a clip of it on Youtube.

Looks like a bad porn parody