Skatebroads

Hey i'm getting a skateboard but don't know how to skate and I dont know what i'm doing can one of you guys tell me the bearings trucks axles and all that fun stuff

shit man, that takes me back to 2002

seriously tho, skateboards are like computers:
just get a ready made one, it doesn't really make any difference

Yeah thats what I would like to do for my first skate board but, my friend thats buying it for me is making me build one

Dont listen to this retard.

what size are your feet OP ?

Yeah, you should build one depending on your personal preferences, buying a pre built board is the worse thing you can do.

My shoe size is 8.5

basically this

by getting a premade one you're showing how much you don't know about what you're doing

by building your own you can show how much of an expert you are

Not really, people dont give a shit about your board, all you need is a smooth brand new one to get comfortable riding it at first.

go to a skate shop, they'll typically help you out.

Did you grow up in a trailer park skating? What brand board you have makes a big difference not only socially, but also in terms of rider comfort ability. There is a whole rating system out there for boards, trucks, bearings, grip tape, etc, for a fucking reason. Buying a premade is for people not serious about skating an/or soccer moms.

a 7.5 or an 8 sized deck would be perfect for you,
you should go for Independent trucks, Bones wheels, and of course a couple of Bones reds bearings, and bam, you got a board that will last you like 5 years or so if you know how to properly take care of it

Oh and dont forget to wear Supreme and watch all of the new york times volumes

i guess I also got my friends, but do you guys have an idea of a way I could learn how to sk8?

how much do they pay you to shill their wares?

Thanks user

You now know how to bust sick tricks to impress your friends.

the way I learned was from teaching myself mostly. after figuring out how to not fall on my ass, I watch other people skating closely to see what they're doing in each trick. that's probably a terrible way to learn though. you most likely can find tutorials online, or if you're a richfag you could get lessons in person (which I assume is the best way). it'll take a long time to learn, like a really long time, so don't stress it too much.

Is this harder than b-hopping on a bike in your opinion

way harder to learn, but once you get it down it's easier to perform.

Easiest shit in the world.

Took me longer to learn a shuv it than it did for me to learn any other trick, no joke.

guess i'll be alright then I have a few friends that would probably be more than happy to help me out

Shit man, I could never b-hop because my weight I guess? I weigh 90-100 pounds

The trick I found for varial-style tricks(after landing on my nuts many times), was to just jump really fucking high. Just clear my legs and let the board rotate.

Whenever I'd see the board rotating too slowly(imminent nut shot) or too fast(possible rolled ankle), I'd just kick it to the side.

you're weight shouldn't matter for an ollie. if you can jump, you can learn to ollie.

Ok how do you guys feel about safety equipment because I have never worn it while biking and probably wont when skating depending on your guys-es answer

Wear a helmet. You hear stories of kids cracking their skulls open skating, and its true. Had a kid do that at the park when I used to skate, and it was the most terrifying thing i'd seen up until that point.

Just wear a helmet, especially since you are learning. All it takes is on swift crack on the ground to become a retard.

Thanks user this will probably help me alot, now I can't make excuses for myself

Well shit man, alright then

Since you're a beginner just buy one of those cheap pre made boards, just so you can get the feel of riding etc. Move on to building youte own board once you're comfortable

Also check out King Of The Road on Viceland and the Thrasher website

A cheap premade skateboard isn't going to help OP whatsoever, even if he's using it to ride, since the bearing used in those boards are full of resistance.

OP seems pretty adamant about learning how to skate, so forking over 150 or so for a proper board is not asking a lot.

I'll make a custom one because I do want to know how it works and how I should treat it

They're not that bad especially for beginners, not the Walmart kind though lol they sell cheap premade boards at a local skate shop in my city

Skate thread? How do you guys set up for varial heels and inward heels?

by pressing X, then square + a direction